PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New 4th Opening Cinematic Completed Version

Arialle
Nov 9, 2014, 08:00 AM
here you go

HD VERSION NICO is this link http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24944466 if any1 knows how to embed pls do

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTVFIWkiseY

Poyonche
Nov 9, 2014, 08:48 AM
We want a video SEGA. D:

Hobu
Nov 9, 2014, 09:03 AM
I was misled by the title. Son, I am disappoint.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 9, 2014, 09:07 AM
I was misled by the title. Son, I am disappoint.

How so? He teased the 4th opening cinematic with those pictures. He did exactly as the thread said. ._.b

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2014, 09:38 AM
That's the Gantzest shit I've ever seen, holy shit.

DrCatco
Nov 9, 2014, 10:53 AM
How so? He teased the 4th opening cinematic with those pictures. He did exactly as the thread said. ._.b

Where's my upvote button? :D

Rien
Nov 9, 2014, 11:50 AM

The goddamn boss itself resembles the shit that comes out of Gantz.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 9, 2014, 12:50 PM

true true

Poyonche
Nov 9, 2014, 12:57 PM
I just want to fight it. D:

Wonder if it will be a 2 phase EQ :/

Shadowth117
Nov 9, 2014, 01:52 PM

inb4 we invade a spaceship of ginormous aliens later. owait shironia.

lostinseganet
Nov 9, 2014, 02:19 PM
The thing looks massive but we always end up on a platform and fight only half of it...

Lax
Nov 9, 2014, 02:33 PM
What if SEGA gives us AIS to fight it?

They did say they were going to add AIS for another quest due to player demands

Maybe we will get flight packs on our AIS

Hexxy
Nov 9, 2014, 02:34 PM
The thing looks massive but we always end up on a platform and fight only half of it...

The original video showed both ground and platform sections. On the ground it fires giant explodey lasers at you.

Sanguine2009
Nov 9, 2014, 04:15 PM
i still say the boss feels drakengardish somehow

lostinseganet
Nov 9, 2014, 07:56 PM
The original video showed both ground and platform sections. On the ground it fires giant explodey lasers at you.
Well that does make me feel a bit better..

Arialle
Nov 18, 2014, 10:32 AM
heres the STREAM completed version .... HD when sega uploads it

Drifting Fable
Nov 18, 2014, 10:54 AM
Sega really wants us to play Bouncer it would seem . . .

Hexxy
Nov 18, 2014, 11:09 AM
Not a very exciting opening. Mine Base opening is 100x better.

KuroNeko77
Nov 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
What if SEGA gives us AIS to fight it?

They did say they were going to add AIS for another quest due to player demands

Maybe we will get flight packs on our AIS

They said that we won't be having the AIS for the fight against Magatsu though. Hopefully the next big EQ will let us ride them.

Xaelouse
Nov 18, 2014, 11:41 AM
So this is TD2 except with nothing but bosses?
At least FI and GU wont feel so worthless here

NoiseHERO
Nov 18, 2014, 12:47 PM
Not a very exciting opening. Mine Base opening is 100x better.

Seconded,

Man all they had to do was rip of Air Gear and Sora...

They kinda just... jumped around and threw out some underwhelming attacks. @_@

Also doll faces.

Vintasticvin
Nov 18, 2014, 01:14 PM
Oh mai gawd that was so cool >_> if only Bouncers actually handled like that.

KatsuraJun
Nov 18, 2014, 01:33 PM
They kinda just... jumped around and threw out some underwhelming attacks. @_@

Maybe they're trying to be more faithful to the game with all the people complaining about not being able to glide and shoot as a CAST.

I'm still waiting for the PA where I can jump on a boss' head and shoot him to death on GU from that Hunar cinematic.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 01:34 PM
Oh mai gawd that was so cool >_> if only Bouncers actually handled like that.

Getting close to an enemy, firing projectiles, and then running away?

yoshiblue
Nov 18, 2014, 01:41 PM
Getting real onimusha in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7fncuPtU0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7fncuPtU0

Poyonche
Nov 18, 2014, 01:50 PM
Bouncers in cutscene

"Double jump, jump against wall, jump to 79847623m then falling to throw a common Foie, then doing a 15sec Strike Gust while moving,

Bouncers in game

"Double Jump, double jump then foie, Strike Gust for 1-2 secs but cant move"

Because SEGA.

Vintasticvin
Nov 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
Getting close to an enemy, firing projectiles, and then running away?

Its called playing it smart or miscalculated move :p But it seems like they were a distraction or buying time for the rest of the Phantasy Star Crew to show up :/

Great Pan
Nov 18, 2014, 07:12 PM
Boohoo, Attack on Titan wannabe.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 18, 2014, 07:16 PM
Boohoo, Attack on Titan wannabe.

He didn't eat people, meander around like an idiot, crawl like an abnormal, or anything else Titans do. Their similarity is they are both huge.

It wasn't worth pointing it out.

That aside, animation was well done but it didn't feel like anything was at stake. Honestly surprised they made the main team that was showcased this time all be one class.

Xaeris
Nov 18, 2014, 07:17 PM
Eh, I like the Mine Base opening best of all. It was a relatively balanced intro (Braver boy stole some of the show) as far as character spotlight went, as opposed to this where everyone that wasn't a Bouncer got tacked on at the end as an afterthought.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 07:18 PM
This opening was weaker than all others in both music and action.

Sound effects, probably tied with the first opening for lamest.

Eh, I like the Mine Base opening best of all. It was a relatively balanced intro (Braver boy stole some of the show) as far as character spotlight went, as opposed to this where everyone that wasn't a Bouncer got tacked on at the end as an afterthought.

Ugh, don't remind me. That's arguably the biggest sin they did. No other opening did that.

Vampy
Nov 18, 2014, 07:20 PM
This opening was weaker than all others in both music and action.

Sound effects, probably tied with the first opening for lamest.

Ugh, don't remind me. That's arguably the biggest sin they did. No other opening did that.

I think almost everyone I know agrees with this.

The_Brimada
Nov 18, 2014, 07:23 PM
Well that was underwhelming.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 18, 2014, 07:23 PM
I think almost everyone I know agrees with this.

Such a shame too. They could have made this a good intro.

Not that I mind the BOmarl getting most of the attention, but I still like the other guys..

Touka
Nov 18, 2014, 07:27 PM
Main disappointment is that Magatsu is HERP DERP HULK SMASH in the cinematic when he's shooting lasers all over the fucking place in the game.Also whats with Bouncers shooting shit at him.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 07:46 PM
Its called playing it smart or miscalculated move :p But it seems like they were a distraction or buying time for the rest of the Phantasy Star Crew to show up :/

Yeah, super lame and useless even in a group of four, in other words! Magatsu didn't even seem fazed by all the attacks that hit it! It's like every single projectile in these trailers is useless.

All that work they put in for so little, and to think, there had to be half a dozen more Magatsu at the very least. No wonder the darkers are working with the kuronians. Dark Falzes got nothing on the Magatsu!

Main disappointment is that Magatsu is HERP DERP HULK SMASH in the cinematic when he's shooting lasers all over the fucking place in the game.

This too. The lasers are the most intimidating thing about Magatsu. Just looking at how many lasers it's firing at once in one of the trailers showcasing the EQ's gameplay really helps drive this home. Magatsu can rain destruction and ruin down on such a wide level with lasers that just one of them makes the Dark Falzes look pretty wimpy. And being shown half a dozen at once? No wonder the kuronians are winning.

And yet, instead of lasering the buildings into a smoldering mess, Magatsu...aims punches at one person at a time. Are only one pair of its eyes functional or something? Surely, with so many heads and eyes, it would be able to see everyone around it, unless almost every one of them is purely decorative. And with all the non-physical attacks it has, it surely would be able to attack everyone around it at once. But noooo, it just goes for one person at a time, when the entire thing could have been made so much more tense and dramatic if Magatsu was laying siege to everything around it, as it has been shown to be fully capable of doing.

Friggin' Hunar came off as more threatening than this thing did. Oh well.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, super lame and useless even in a group of four, in other words! Magatsu didn't even seem fazed by all the attacks that hit it! It's like every single projectile in these trailers is useless.

Many ult mode enemies will have shot resist. Players always did want trailers more in line with actual gameplay and we got it!

Seriously though, RAcaseal's lawnchair seemed pretty good. I assume it was her that turned that one el ahda into a smoldering fireball, and not the RAneweal's gunslash. Let's not forget that one goldra, too.

RAcast has been historically useless from the looks of it. His best moment was probably the grenade shell to hunar, of which I'm not even sure it made him flinch.

Gunewman... huh... he kinda did nothing on camera ever since hunar. I guess his face never recovered from eating snow. No one knows what those TMGs actually accomplished, and we probably will never know.

Friggin' Hunar came off as more threatening than this thing did. Oh well.

Need more duels with agile, near-human sized targets. Kinda reminds me of how berserker manages to be even scarier in the new fate anime since he apparently is capable of capoeria...

Drifting Fable
Nov 18, 2014, 08:20 PM
Still no sign of any sort of knuckle weapons in a CG trailer ;x; . . .

strikerhunter
Nov 18, 2014, 08:22 PM
RAcast has been historically useless from the looks of it. His best moment was probably the grenade shell to hunar, of which I'm not even sure it made him flinch.

No, Hunar countered/destroyed it with his sword which makes me laugh and wish that bosses can counter PAs in-game.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 08:26 PM
Well, I guess that one projectile that roasted the El Ahda worked out. I don't think that Goldrahda was more than merely injured by that shot though. Hunar sliced that missile (that's Grenade Shell I assume) before it even reached him, so yeah, the Cast Ranger is pretty much the most useless character in any of the trailers. Between failing to kill a Dagan himself, to being little more than a distraction against Hunar, to spraying wildly in the TD trailer (realistically, I'm surprised he didn't hit an ally!), he's useless to a hilarious degree. My only gripe about this trailer as far as casting goes is that he didn't make a fool of himself in this one!

Human-scaled opponents are the worst to fight, because their movements are the hardest to read. Take a good look at any large sized boss and their movements are easy to read because they're big and highly visible. I think that's a big contributor to Hunar and Angel's reputations for difficulty. Their subtler movements are harder to read because they aren't gigantic. It's not even speed, it's just that they're tough to see.

Though that has nothing to do with how Hunar fared in the trailer. He up and ambushes the party seconds after they left (seems a little out of character for a guy that's always looking for a good fight...), blows up the ground they were standing on, mercilessly pursues them as they flee, places them at a disadvantageous position (something that never really happens in any other trailer), and moves in for a kill, only to get blocked by Hunter ex Machina. If the Hunter wasn't around the Gunner would probably have died. Which is an unthinkable tragedy in any nakama-esque group.

I'm still waiting to watch the new F/SN with a friend that's always busy on maintenance so far. At least there's a new Fate collab coming up! Now my male will have Archer voice and my female will have Kuro voice! Perfect.

saraishadow
Nov 18, 2014, 10:29 PM
IMO the music failed this Intro. What made the first one and Mining base one for me was the music.

Mattykins
Nov 18, 2014, 10:37 PM
Felt a lot like a more tryhardy version of the first one :V Aww yeah, check them out running, yeeeah running running, sweet backflip, running, more running.

Rien
Nov 18, 2014, 10:54 PM
IT NEEDS MORE LASER. AND MORE MELEE COMBAT.

lostinseganet
Nov 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
So I just saw the intro. It needs more fighting, but running is as anime as it gets :)

Gama
Nov 18, 2014, 11:10 PM
if only we could run and jump with all that range/freedom.

oratank
Nov 18, 2014, 11:12 PM
you can run and jump like that in magatu eq by power of スクナヒメの加護

Arialle
Nov 19, 2014, 02:07 AM
i think they should have added in warcry from magatsu and put the Twin falz in there...

the mine base was best when vibrance warcry and stomping the ground

Syklo
Nov 25, 2014, 07:12 PM
Now if only we could actually parkour in-game like that.

ZeekTheSweet
Jan 11, 2015, 02:45 AM

Dude, I just finished Gantz, and seeing someone say this made me squee like a little girl. Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

DayDreamer
Feb 19, 2015, 07:31 PM
For some reason the monster reminded me of Barthandelus..
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130804053122/finalfantasy/images/b/bd/FF13_Datalog_Barthandelus.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2015, 11:43 PM
Meh. Sega is desperate they are planning to collaborate with anyone just to stay afloat.
If only your character could move that smoothly and the attack animations could were that perfect.

sol_trigger
Feb 20, 2015, 01:41 AM
sorry, not gonna happen in PSO2 lmao

Lax
Feb 20, 2015, 02:22 PM
Necroposting why

Poyonche
Feb 20, 2015, 02:49 PM
Because Necro things are cool.

You didn't see anything okay ?