PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 - English Patch Questions

Defy9
Nov 9, 2014, 05:22 PM
Hey guys just started playing this. Download and patched the game via the PSO Tweaker with both the English Story Patch as well as the 'Large Files' and it's awesome but a lot of the game is still in Japanese, mostly the tutorials at the start of the game or even some of the quest descriptions.

Is this normal or have I incorrectly patched it?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

DeificEpyon
Nov 9, 2014, 06:21 PM
Did you install the small english patch? That actually has most of the essential stuff in it. The large patch mostly translates stuff NPC's say during quests, like the gunship pilots when they fly by.

Defy9
Nov 9, 2014, 06:25 PM
Yep I certainly did, a lot of it is translated and is fantastic but I find myself lost in the game at times especially hwen i'm in the ship/campsite as not a lot of that is translated.

Perhaps it's something i'll just get used to?

DeificEpyon
Nov 9, 2014, 06:32 PM
Have you got the Item Translation Patch as well? It will translate a lot of the consumables and gear in the game like weapons, heal items, etc.

Beyond that, if you really do have everything then I'm not sure what else to suggest. The English Patches should translate most of the necessary things in the game, but there are some things that are still untranslated. It has turned off some people from this game before. If you're really determined to play the JP version then you'll simply have to make do.

Syklo
Nov 9, 2014, 06:32 PM
Yep I certainly did, a lot of it is translated and is fantastic but I find myself lost in the game at times especially hwen i'm in the ship/campsite as not a lot of that is translated.

Perhaps it's something i'll just get used to?
Get used to it.
95% of the time, the untranslated stuff is insignificant/irrelevant.
the other 5% is generally for fresh new content that hasn't been translated/looked at yet.

Also how can you be lost in the campship??

Defy9
Nov 9, 2014, 06:36 PM
I don't think I have the item translation one, so i'll have a look into that one and maybe just reinstall all of them to ensure that I have them all...

Also, getting more used to the campship now but at the start I wasn't too sure. Happy to make-do as the patch is excellent regardless I just wanted to ensure that I had installed it correctly so that there would be less for me to 'make-do'

DeificEpyon
Nov 9, 2014, 06:40 PM
I see. In that case welcome to PSO 2. Have fun beating up the natives and leveling up. ;-)

Defy9
Nov 9, 2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks DeificEpyon you have been very helpful :)

Defy9
Nov 10, 2014, 05:49 AM
Sorry to bother you all again but I took a few screenshots of a few of the non translated parts of the game, mainly the one where I am in the ship (fourth image) is the one I am concerned about...Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or if I have done something wrong whilst patching..

http://i.imgur.com/vLjEjxm.png

http://i.imgur.com/q4v1wQZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/h7qj0A2.png

http://i.imgur.com/dxp1nm4.png

Syklo
Nov 10, 2014, 07:59 AM
You're expecting too much from the patch ^^;
stuff like you see in the first three screenshots are unimportant/useless content.
If you really must know though:
-Hans is just congratulating you for completing his client order, before you hand it in
-Message pack just telling you about what a Rappy is and how it's a mascot of sorts
-Koffee is just telling you about the next area (Amduscia: Volcano)

For tutorial related pop-ups like in the 4th screenshot, those aren't translated either but most of them you won't need to know because........well, if you bothered registering for this game in the first place, it's presumed that you've already studied into the basics for the game through external resources anyway.
That one in particular is just telling you about client order items, for delivery type client orders.

Anyway, yeah, you're expecting too much from the patch. There's a reason the patch is so small.

Defy9
Nov 10, 2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks Skylo, at least I know now that the screenshots weren't meant to be translated. I'm happy playing it like this and think the patch is fantastic just wanted to know if I completed it correctly.