PDA

View Full Version : Event Moment of Style

redroses
Nov 12, 2014, 08:50 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/momentoftstylelogo.png~original
Dress For A Night At A Kuna Concert

Greetings fellow ARKs!

It's been a while since we have done the last Phashion event, but do not worry, we haven't forgotten about our events or you!

So, today, we would like to present a new event to you, called Moment Of Style.
It is an event, that if possible, we would like to hold on a regular basis. We also want this event to be more about fun, good times and interaction with the community than about the competition. Because of this, our prices won't be as high as they were in our past events, because we don't want them to be the main focus.
In this event, we give you a special Theme for which you must dress up accordingly - it will be your Moment of Style!

Depending on how popular this event will be and how it works out, and of course, how you all liked it, we will continue to do it with different themes in the future!
For now, let us Focus on the present and let me present to you

Moment of Style - The First
Create a style to wear for an evening at a Kuna concert - let us know the reasoning behind your outfit and accessory combo

Event Details & Rules:

This event is only for the Japanese servers of PSO2!
Males and Female entries will be handled separate, as to give both genders a fairer chance
You may only participate in either the Male or Female division
Send your entries in the time from 12.11.2014 to 26.11.2014, we will stop taking entries at 12am (GMT+1) on the 27th of November.
All screenshots must be taken in the Shopping Lobby! This however excludes the blue and red rooms!
You must take your own screenshot! We never judge the graphical qualities of a screenshot, so do not worry in case you can only take screens on low settings, this will in no way affect your points!
You may only send in one screenshot, however, you can resend as many screenshots as you want, but they will replace the former screenshot you send us. So make sure, that by the end of the entry sending time frame, you give us the screenshot you like best. Else, we will use the last one you send us
After we receive all of your entries, the judges will select top 10 candidates, for whom we will make a new thread for you all to publicly vote on and decide who will make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
Males, send your entries to Gama (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=34014)
Females, send your entries to Sizustar (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=72819)

Questions & Answers

Who are all the judges?
Judges are redroses, TenebriS, Sizustar, Gama and Shirai

What are you judging in our entries?
We are judging the overall appearance of your character in relation to the given Theme.
So you have a better understanding, let me list some things we will pay a lot of attention to.
Does the outfit fit to the given theme?
Do accessories and outfit work together?
Do they also harmonize well in color?
Do all the colors of character like hair, skin and eye color harmonize with accessory and outfit color?
Is the character posing in an interesting manner, that also fits the theme?
Does the background compliment character as well theme?
Is the character the main focus of the screenshot?
This are all things that will be taken into consideration when we judge your entries.

How will we know you will judge us fairly?
Technically, you can't know, because there is no way we can prove that. However, even if some of judges have preferences when it comes to character designs and looks, we want you to trust us and believe us that we in every way possible try to be objective. We also have many different judges that all have different tastes, so this way we balance us out.

What do you mean with "let us know the reasoning behind your outfit and accessory combo"
We would like you to tell us why exactly you picked the outfit and accessories for this theme. Let us know what went through your head when picking an outfit and/or accessories, so we can understand what you were trying to go for with your look! Something simple like, "I choose the outfit X because I think it suits my character as well as being an outfit I can freely dance in" is totally enough, but the more you let us know, the better we will understand your idea!
With this, we hope to be able to judge even fairer by taking their own thoughts into account and what they want to portray with their outfits.

Why are males and female separated?
This is to give both genders a fairer ground for winning. Let's be honest, males have a hard time competing against females when it comes to these events, which is why we decided on separating the genders.

Prize List
1st Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama | Profile Picture Drawing by me
2nd Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama
3rd Place - Sig by Gama

Thank you to everyone who will participate in this event, we are trying our best to make this event fun for you, because above all, we want you, the community to have a great time with this event! If anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to ask, I will answer your questions as soon as possible. Now go and have fun, make some awesome screenshots of your characters!
We are looking forward to your entries!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/88a46cda-e56c-411a-8f21-df08563c62b1.png~original

Sayara
Nov 12, 2014, 11:35 AM
You may only participate in either the Male or Female division
Meaning if I enter male, i CANNOT enter female?

Sinon
Nov 12, 2014, 11:37 AM
What if my character is a trap?

[SPOILER-BOX]( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)[/SPOILER-BOX]

redroses
Nov 12, 2014, 11:49 AM
Meaning if I enter male, i CANNOT enter female?

Exactly, or vice versa!

What if my character is a trap?

[SPOILER-BOX]( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Then you enter the category for the gender you picked when you created your character!

Hexxy
Nov 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Is the contest limited to Ship 2?

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 12, 2014, 12:49 PM
Well, it may be time to earn some cash and get something nice for Niare. I am very intrigued in this.

EvilMag
Nov 12, 2014, 12:54 PM
This is nice and all...except there's no scheduled concerts this week and I don't think we'll get any next week.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 12, 2014, 12:59 PM
This is nice and all...except there's no scheduled concerts this week and I don't think we'll get any next week.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the picture AT a concert. It's about what you would wear if you were GOING to a concert.

At least, that's how I read it.

Sizustar
Nov 12, 2014, 01:06 PM
Is the contest limited to Ship 2?

No, Japanese server only, because the prize is most likely webmoney code, since that will only work for Japanese PSO2, not Sea or Taiwan version, as they use their own version of AC.

redroses
Nov 12, 2014, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the picture AT a concert. It's about what you would wear if you were GOING to a concert.

At least, that's how I read it.

This is correct!
The screenshot is not meant to be taken while the concert is taking place. The theme is just what you would wear IF you were to attend a Kuna concert. Just keep in mind that the screenshot most be taken in the Shopping Lobby!

SakoHaruo
Nov 12, 2014, 02:52 PM
Aww yeah. I've been waiting for this moment. free money is the bestest money. o3o

Not sure who to even as tho.

Azelyra
Nov 12, 2014, 08:58 PM
What about Casts and Caseals? (Male/Female Casts)

Especially Male Casts, they don't have as much fancy costume versatility as much as females.

Also which Quna concert? There's the normal one and the Miyabi ver.

redroses
Nov 13, 2014, 03:35 AM
What about Casts and Caseals? (Male/Female Casts)

Especially Male Casts, they don't have as much fancy costume versatility as much as females.

Also which Quna concert? There's the normal one and the Miyabi ver.

Female Casts enter the female category and Male Casts enter the male category. It doesn't matter that Male Casts don't have as much versatility as females, as they aren't competing against females, but against other males.

You can base your look on either, whichever you think fits your character more or for which you have the better idea!

RadiantLegend
Nov 13, 2014, 09:23 AM
I might have something just for this.

Vetur
Nov 13, 2014, 05:15 PM
Are NPCs allowed to participate?
(example: You made the character to look like an NPC, and changed their clothes/accessories for the theme.)

redroses
Nov 13, 2014, 05:18 PM
Are NPCs allowed to participate?
(example: You made the character to look like an NPC, and changed their clothes/accessories for the theme.)

Yes, characters that are created to be copies of NPCs are allowed!
As you mentioned, even if they look like NPCs, you will give them your own unique look with an outfit and accessories, so there is nothing to worry about if your character is a NPC clone!

Sacrificial
Nov 13, 2014, 07:10 PM
Ahaha I know the perfect thing for this.

Vampy
Nov 14, 2014, 11:22 PM
This seems interesting I won't win though but worth a shot.

RealKillaK
Nov 14, 2014, 11:46 PM
Seems like its time to get a easy win! I wont even use Asumi ;_;

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2014, 11:52 PM
I may enter if I get a wave of inspiration, but I doubt I will. Just the mention of Quna makes me feel sick. :wacko:

strikerhunter
Nov 15, 2014, 12:14 AM
Kuna Concert theme eh? Now to start thinking really hard..........
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o523/Dr_Doomsduck/Gif/Thinking.gif

Shirai
Nov 15, 2014, 01:10 AM
This seems interesting I won't win though but worth a shot.

Don't doubt yourself!

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 15, 2014, 10:14 AM
Sent in my entry. But no way in hell was Niare gonna dress up like a Quna fangirl. She's much too composed for that.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 15, 2014, 03:05 PM
What if your character would never go to a Quna concert? :wacko:

redroses
Nov 15, 2014, 03:48 PM
What if your character would never go to a Quna concert? :wacko:

As the event theme is just a pretend, pretend that your character is going, even if they never would! Even if your character would never go, I am sure you could still think of something they would wear if they do! Just act like your character is being dragged along by a friend, or maybe your character lost a bet and must go now. I am sure they would dress up for the occasion, even if they hate Kuna, one must always look their best!

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 15, 2014, 03:52 PM
As the event theme is just a pretend, pretend that your character is going, even if they never would! Even if your character would never go, I am sure you could still think of something they would wear if they do! Just act like your character is being dragged along by a friend, or maybe your character lost a bet and must go now. I am sure they would dress up for the occasion, even if they hate Kuna, one must always look their best!

Pretty much. My character doesn't go to concerts normally but she still is fashionable. Its just an outfit she could still fight in if she needed to.

Actually fell in love with the outfit she's using to be honest :wacko:

Vampy
Nov 15, 2014, 04:36 PM
I'm curious what are you expecting? Since trying o think this through but not sure what would be fitting of a quna concert.

redroses
Nov 15, 2014, 06:05 PM
I'm curious what are you expecting? Since trying o think this through but not sure what would be fitting of a quna concert.

The theme is pretty open for interpretation because everybody would wear something different for a concert and we don't want to limit the people too much in what they wear. However, I think something something like a sexy bikini, noble athena or nurse dress wouldn't make all too much sense for a concert.

Also, don't forgot that there are two different Kuna concerts, the first one feels more PSO2-ish while the second one has the japanese theme to. So, if you can't think of something for one, maybe something comes to mind for the other version?

There is still a lot of time left, so you still have enough time to think of something!

SakoHaruo
Nov 16, 2014, 09:22 AM
What is the maximum number of screenshots that can be used in this event? Do we just take one and send it in?

Sizustar
Nov 16, 2014, 09:32 AM
What is the maximum number of screenshots that can be used in this event? Do we just take one and send it in?

One only, But if you think you got a better one with the 11/19 update, you can send that in.
I'll just be using the last screenshot you send for judging

redroses
Nov 16, 2014, 11:21 AM

It is stated on the first page in the Event Details section:

You may only send in one screenshot, however, you can resend as many screenshots as you want, but they will replace the former screenshot you send us. So make sure, that by the end of the entry sending time frame, you give us the screenshot you like best. Else, we will use the last one you send us

I know Sizu already answered, but just posting it again so people don't forgot to check the Event Details on the first page!

Sizustar
Nov 18, 2014, 02:34 PM
Up you go~

redroses
Nov 20, 2014, 03:08 PM
Just a reminder - less than a week to go!

AFKei
Nov 20, 2014, 11:49 PM
I was never informed of this. I needa fix that. *RUNS TO THE CLOSET!*

Nitro Vordex
Nov 21, 2014, 01:02 AM
They'd still never go

Ahem. Do they have to be a participant in the crowd? Aka could I make them like security for it, etc.?

final_attack
Nov 21, 2014, 01:37 AM
I make them like security for it, etc.?

I'd like to know too.
I was thinking the same ...... lol

Sizustar
Nov 21, 2014, 01:44 AM
They'd still never go

Ahem. Do they have to be a participant in the crowd? Aka could I make them like security for it, etc.?

I don't see why not.
As long as it's not like the bath towel, which would just be weird..

redroses
Nov 21, 2014, 05:47 AM
They'd still never go

Sure, that is totally fine! It's a very creative way to go about the event theme that also fits and makes sense.
Also, that is the reason why we added a section where we want the participants to let us know why they picked the outfit they did. So, just mention what you were going for and why when you sent in your entry!

Vampy
Nov 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
Still thinking if entering or not ;-; Not sure what to go with.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2014, 10:00 AM
Still thinking if entering or not ;-; Not sure what to go with.

The only way you have no chance of winning is if you don't enter. Something to gain, with nothing to lose.

SakoHaruo
Nov 21, 2014, 04:47 PM
^twas nothing be the turth.

This one picture restriction is killing me, I took like 100 million and now I must pick one. D:

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 04:52 PM
^twas nothing be the turth.

This one picture restriction is killing me, I took like 100 million and now I must pick one. D:

Crap. If you're entering, then my chances just got worse (I'm just basing it off those pics the other day).

TBH 100 million is a lot to take. Why so many? :wacko:

yoshiblue
Nov 21, 2014, 04:54 PM
Every frame must be taken into consideration. Every single one.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 04:57 PM

O.O

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2014, 04:59 PM

This guy's right. Personally, every picture I take, I need to get it perfect. I end up going through dozens of pictures of each pose I do, looking for that perfect little intricacy to bring it all together.

The Recycle Bin on my desktop usually has a few hundred image files after I'm done a 'set' of pictures.

Vintasticvin
Nov 21, 2014, 05:20 PM
This guy's right. Personally, every picture I take, I need to get it perfect. I end up going through dozens of pictures of each pose I do, looking for that perfect little intricacy to bring it all together.

The Recycle Bin on my desktop usually has a few hundred image files after I'm done a 'set' of pictures.

Oh god.. This, I need to delete my from my screenshot folder.

SakoHaruo
Nov 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
Crap. If you're entering, then my chances just got worse (I'm just basing it off those pics the other day).

TBH 100 million is a lot to take. Why so many? :wacko:

Just because you like my character doesn't mean the judges will too. And besides.. I'm still a noob to this, my fashion skills are still lacking. I'm only here because of what Bluu said. There's 500 AC for placing in the top three along with a few other bonus rewards and there's no entry fee so. . . why not. :-? You have just as much of a chance at winning as I do.

And this. . .

Twas the truth and funny. Sounds like something I heard in a movie.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 05:26 PM
Just because you like my character doesn't mean the judges will too. And besides.. I'm still a noob to this, my fashion skills are still lacking. I'm only here because of what Bluu said. There's 500 AC for placing in the top three along with a few other bonus rewards and there's no entry fee so. . . why not. :-? You have just as much of a chance at winning as I do.

And this. . .

Twas the truth and funny. Sounds like something I heard in a movie.

Fair enough. But just take my compliment anyway lol.

SakoHaruo
Nov 21, 2014, 05:30 PM
You trying to say mai waifu strat is too stronk, o3o?

Nah, needs my training. I don't feel like I'm at full powah.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 05:33 PM

I was merely trying to be nice. heh... ^^;

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2014, 05:36 PM

She's got potential, but yes, some work needs doing. Composition, learning to find 'poses within poses', that kind of thing.

Sizustar
Nov 23, 2014, 07:13 PM
A few days left~

Fusionxglave
Nov 23, 2014, 07:24 PM
yep only a few more days

Vampy
Nov 23, 2014, 09:14 PM
I have something in mind time to lose when i get around to it

Fusionxglave
Nov 25, 2014, 10:11 PM
finished the photo today and it was tough.

Phew,

Well good luck to everyone.

and hope to see a good fashion show.

redroses
Nov 26, 2014, 06:21 PM
Submissions are now closed!
Thank you to everybody who sent in their submissions!

First of, there were only 8 male submissions, so we won't have to judge those and we already have our Top 10 (only 8 in this case) male winners already, ha!

They are:
[SPOILER-BOX]
final_attack
fusionxglave
goldgenll
radiantlegend
sacrificial
strikerhunter
twistedshaerk
untrustfull
[/SPOILER-BOX]

For females we have of course gotten more submissions and therefor will need a couple days to judge them and pick a top 10.

Female participants are:
[SPOILER-BOX]Megidolaon
SakoHaruo
Arredoval
ashley50
isCasted
timberwolf87
Stealthcmc1974
Anduril
yoshiblue
Azelyra
Killerwing
Cure Shock
Hachiroku
Dragonlily
Vampy [/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, everybody who sent in a submission, please check the lists to see if you are on there! If you don't see yourself but send a submission, please let me know as soon as possible, with a screenshot of the send pm showing time and date etc! I just want to make sure nobody uses this as an opportunity to send a submission after they missed deadline, I hope that is understandable!

If there are any other concerns or question, please do not hesitant to ask me!

Again, thank you for participating and keep an eye open for the voting thread which will be posted in the next few days!

Killerwing
Nov 26, 2014, 11:56 PM
Mmm, for some reason I had been thinking that more people would have participated, but I kinda forgot about a top ten choices.

Well with only 15 female submissions it basically means there will be 5 that won't be chosen. Good luck to everyone that joined in!

Although I guess you're more likely to get in the top 10 for males if there won't be as many pictures posted, like we just got for this round XD

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 27, 2014, 12:14 AM
real talk i forgot redrose drew .w.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 27, 2014, 01:01 AM
Mmm, for some reason I had been thinking that more people would have participated, but I kinda forgot about a top ten choices.

Well with only 15 female submissions it basically means there will be 5 that won't be chosen. Good luck to everyone that joined in!

Although I guess you're more likely to get in the top 10 for males if there won't be as many pictures posted, like we just got for this round XD

I also thought there would be more participants. Oh well.

Basically every female has a 66% of getting in. Let's just hope to dear God that Dudu stays away from the contest. Somehow we'd end up with less than a top 10.

Azelyra
Nov 27, 2014, 02:10 AM
I'll be personally waiting to see when all the results get in! It's the first one after all, so many don't expect too much participants in the first place (Although honestly I expected more), but definitely we can hope to see more towards the future!

Good luck to everybody who submitted~
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/cVTud.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cheers,
Azelyra.

redroses
Nov 27, 2014, 03:30 AM
I also thought there would be more participants. Oh well.

Basically every female has a 66% of getting in. Let's just hope to dear God that Dudu stays away from the contest. Somehow we'd end up with less than a top 10.

If Dudu had to do with this contest, I am pretty sure everybody would have to pay for a raffle ticket to get in. Oh, your ticket didn't win? Just try again for 1mil meseta.

But if you win...you get to take Dudu out for dinner and you have to pay for everything!
What a great prize!

real talk i forgot redrose drew .w.

Hehehe, yeah I do. I never talk about on here tho and I also have no links anywhere to my galleries :c

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 27, 2014, 09:23 AM
If Dudu had to do with this contest, I am pretty sure everybody would have to pay for a raffle ticket to get in. Oh, your ticket didn't win? Just try again for 1mil meseta.

But if you win...you get to take Dudu out for dinner and you have to pay for everything!
What a great prize!

Screw that! I'd rather take Monica to dinner!

Anyway, good luck to all the participants. Can't wait to see the top ten. ^^

BIG OLAF
Nov 27, 2014, 11:02 AM
Good luck to all you crazy kids. May your dreams come true and whatever else.

yoshiblue
Nov 27, 2014, 12:53 PM
Screw that! I'd rather take Monica to dinner!

Anyway, good luck to all the participants. Can't wait to see the top ten. ^^

On the contrary, I see the one lucky winner being treated like royalty for a day. Then gets like -5x %'s on everything for the next two weeks (Not including logged off hours) to pay for all the stuff.