PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 UQ boss weakness and resist full size scan updated

Sizustar
Nov 13, 2014, 08:58 AM
Full size scan from Lyrise

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPS11132.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPS11131.png[/SPOILER-BOX][/QUOTE]

Dugs
Nov 13, 2014, 09:57 AM
Wait did they just straight up give it resistances now?

Hexxy
Nov 13, 2014, 10:20 AM
I wonder if those resists will always be the same or if they get randomized per encounter.

wefwq
Nov 13, 2014, 10:22 AM
Is that weapon resistance that i see?
This gun be bretty good i see.

Xaelouse
Nov 13, 2014, 10:46 AM
Making Ultimate Buster an affix was a smart move. They should make similar affixes, like 5% extra damage against infected enemies or something.

Sizustar
Nov 13, 2014, 10:52 AM
I wonder if those resists will always be the same or if they get randomized per encounter.

The resistance will be based on phase, phase 1, no resitance
Phase 2/3, will gain resistance based on the weapon type that dealt most damage, and tech element.

Hexxy
Nov 13, 2014, 11:13 AM
So these cores can be passed around like herpes.

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2014, 11:27 AM
I love the Dengeki staff comments on the update. Gives me hope that this is the challenge we all want.

"Even with 12 people it's still pretty hard."
"If you aren't well-equipped, and you aren't playing seriously, you WILL die."

I can post full oversized scans later, when I get back home from work. Or right now, if people don't mind having it in a smaller size.

Sizustar
Nov 13, 2014, 11:43 AM
I love the Dengeki staff comments on the update. Gives me hope that this is the challenge we all want.

"Even with 12 people it's still pretty hard."
"If you aren't well-equipped, and you aren't playing seriously, you WILL die."

I can post full oversized scans later, when I get back home from work. Or right now, if people don't mind having it in a smaller size.

Smaller size is fine, as long as the text is readable~

Raujinn
Nov 13, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oh look it's PSU Rykros

Achelousaurus
Nov 13, 2014, 12:29 PM
Phase 2/3, will gain resistance based on the weapon type that dealt most damage, and tech element.
Sega style terrible game design.
So basically you need to have a gunner or dagger fighter or so to get done with phase 1.
Cause otherwise killing will take forever.
And if you dare not to have enough variation in your party, gg.

Also, when we have more 13* and ult quests aren't balanced around 12 people anymore this means you can't solo this boss in a reasonable time with only one good weapon type.
Katana Braver or Gunner for example can kiss any decent kill times goodbye.

If it's only some 20% or so resistance it's ok, that doesn't actually make much of an impact, but I am worried about XQ style 90% damage resistance.

I'm all for challenge and all for bosses that take more than 2 minutes to kill, but not if it includes retarded game mechanics like this.

Sizustar
Nov 13, 2014, 12:45 PM
So basically you need to have a gunner or dagger fighter or so to get done with phase 1.

Also, when we have more 13* and ult quests aren't balanced around 12 people anymore this means you can't solo this boss in a reasonable time with only one good weapon type.

If it's only some 20% or so resistance it's ok, that doesn't actually make much of an impact, but I am worried about XQ style 90% damage resistance.

I'm all for challenge and all for bosses that take more than 2 minutes to kill, but not if it includes retarded game mechanics like this.

The boss can only get max of 3 resist.(2 weapon type, 1 element?)
And how it will work, I have no idea~

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2014, 12:46 PM

Why should UQs ever not be balanced around having 12 people? Closest thing we have to seeing Elder outside of his personalized quest is XQs, and that Elder is significantly weaker than the EQ one. Doubt that Anga Fandarge will ever be seen at full strength outside of UQs, if it's seen at all outside of them.

Every class has access to 3+ weapons so it would just force them to equip themselves properly and learn how to use all of them. You're also pretty quick to assume the resistance will be so severe, it would be better to wait and see if it is before making that assumption. If it isn't so severe, you're pointlessly jumping to conclusions just to criticize the design.

Goukezitsu
Nov 13, 2014, 01:04 PM
Why should UQs ever not be balanced around having 12 people? Closest thing we have to seeing Elder outside of his personalized quest is XQs, and that Elder is significantly weaker than the EQ one. Doubt that Anga Fandarge will ever be seen at full strength outside of UQs, if it's seen at all outside of them.

Every class has access to 3+ weapons so it would just force them to equip themselves properly and learn how to use all of them. You're also pretty quick to assume the resistance will be so severe, it would be better to wait and see if it is before making that assumption. If it isn't so severe, you're pointlessly jumping to conclusions just to criticize the design.

I agree with you and I'll add so what if its severe? People have a subclass with several weapons they can use as well as a main class with multiple weapons. There is BIO weapons that are all class, have good power, and have good latents. In addition to that segas been pouring stones on people so there is no excuse. Edit: Also crafing is viable now so that makes even less excuses for getting it done (if you dont have a craft machine you can do requests)

On Hunter I have access to every fighter weapon and vice versa and on braver I have access to hunter weapons and so on. I have every melee weapon type and most of them are all class and dual class and i have several the weapons to specialize.

Being a one weapon master isn't a good thing it just means you haven't taken the time to learn the game or your class or subclass to be optimal in all situations. There was a time where somethings were clearly the best but now everything is viable and weird class combinations can make sense. Explore your class and learn your weapons and get good at them cuz i personally want Sega to shut down all these fraudulent players who basically let the MPAs carry them into thinking they can play the game.

edit: Random sidenote if anyone was wondering how much exp enemies would give I found this while watching the trailer http://i.picpar.com/SDhb.png thats 314 exp off an enemy which is like vh exp or something

wefwq
Nov 13, 2014, 01:13 PM
Oh fuck, so in other words it's TD ranking system all over again but will gave the winner penalty instead?
Good thing i'm just make a new bow.

EvilMag
Nov 13, 2014, 01:14 PM
Since we're only getting Elder and City for XH who can bet they're gonna give Elder Loser HP?

Maenara
Nov 13, 2014, 01:20 PM

This is amazing.

Dnd
Nov 13, 2014, 01:21 PM
Random sidenote if anyone was wondering how much exp enemies would give I found this while watching the trailer http://i.picpar.com/SDhb.png thats 314 exp off an enemy which is like vh exp or something

Its actually 224 exp, excluding the party boost. They are grunt mobs aswell..

In fecility SH (lv70 mobs) the exp you get from grunt mobs without boosts ranges from 140~210 so as of right now, its better then lv70 mobs

Perfect Chaos
Nov 13, 2014, 01:22 PM
Since we're only getting Elder and City for XH who can bet they're gonna give Elder Loser HP?Loser's getting XH as well. If Elder gets SH-Loser level of HP, then I wonder how much HP Loser on XH will have. LOL

NotRankin
Nov 13, 2014, 01:24 PM

Because it's all about you and you only have one weapon right?

Maenara
Nov 13, 2014, 01:26 PM
I can't solo this in 3 minutes? Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

wefwq
Nov 13, 2014, 01:28 PM
Loser's getting XH as well. If Elder gets SH-Loser level of HP, then I wonder how much HP Loser on XH will have. LOL
No.
The only EQ that got XH option is urban recovery, falz arm and elder EQ.

Shinamori
Nov 13, 2014, 01:32 PM
Its actually 224 exp, excluding the party boost. They are grunt mobs aswell..

In fecility SH (lv70 mobs) the exp you get from grunt mobs without boosts ranges from 140~210 so as of right now, its better then lv70 mobs

Pretty sure they said the exp isn't gonna be that great dude to UQ being drop focused.

Hrith
Nov 13, 2014, 02:28 PM
What an amazing idea to give weapon resistances to bosses according to damage dealt. I really like it.

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2014, 02:34 PM
Sorry guys, the full scans have to wait; the smaller scans I generated have some really garbage quality.

KatsuraJun
Nov 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
I feel like this is is a really elegant addition, more than an I initially thought.

It encourages players to utilize multiple weapons and swap them out rather than rely on a single weapon type (which often was efficient enough/the most efficient to the meseta spent, but rather boring)

Maxing out multiple weapons is expensive however, which is the problem with enforcing that, but poorer/newer/casual players don't need to worry about it since it's based on the most damage dealt - because they don't have that much money/are new/didn't min-max like crazy, they probably wouldn't be dealing the most damage anyway so they wouldn't need to make multiple weapons.

And to top it all off, it's not a goddamn EQ so you can actually organize this shit with people ahead of time.

SakoHaruo
Nov 13, 2014, 04:23 PM
When's XH TAs? :-?

strikerhunter
Nov 13, 2014, 04:27 PM
What an amazing idea to give weapon resistances to bosses according to damage dealt. I really like it.

My question is, Is this only applying to the new bosses in Ult or everything in Ult?
Either way, this seems like a good way to get players to start investing into multiple weapon styles and making this also another reason to dump $_$ out as well.

Another question I have is: How can we tell when Diaboi change phases, not including the eye thingy and weapon resist showing.

Looking forward to start dieing in Ult on day 1.

Poyonche
Nov 13, 2014, 05:35 PM
My question is, Is this only applying to the new bosses in Ult or everything in Ult?
Either way, this seems like a good way to get players to start investing into multiple weapon styles and making this also another reason to dump $_$ out as well.

Another question I have is: How can we tell when Diaboi change phases, not including the eye thingy and weapon resist showing.

Looking forward to start dieing in Ult on day 1.

TE's debands will be here to help you ! o/

But maybe it will be to everything in Ult.. The darker thing boost nearby ennemies, so when he is on Phase 2, he might give those resistances to ennemies ??

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 13, 2014, 05:35 PM
*Gets gunslash*

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/91/914dac7150fcaf08822de4c5e115b73ac0a38664da647b09d6 728fb925df79d4.jpg

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2014, 05:57 PM

According to the information provided, just Anga Fandarge. I don't know why the thread title says Diaboi Igrissith, because that is actually the bird dragon. Anga Fandarge is the boss being discussed. Anga Fandarge might be able to spread resistances, as it is known to strengthen other enemies as well as itself.

Anga Fandarge has been shown gaining laser wings in trailers, and there's a screenshot on Bumped showing it with strange looking hands, so the lasers are probably phase 2 and the hands are probably phase 3.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 07:00 PM
I like that they're encouraging people to not put all their eggs in one basket, but I hope this ends up backfiring in such a way that they end up needing to buff some of the side weapons like rifle and gunslash.

GreenArcher
Nov 13, 2014, 07:20 PM
I hope this ends up backfiring in such a way that they end up needing to buff rifle

What? Are we playing the same game?

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 07:46 PM
What? Are we playing the same game?Have you used rifle as a Gu/Hu or Gu/Fi? Cause whenever I do it's not exactly stellar. Maybe I'm just too hard on it, but rifle just doesn't feel like it has the variety of other weapons.

At least before Mech Guns got hit by the nerf bat...

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2014, 07:52 PM
I don't know about Gu/Hu or Gu/Fi, but Assault Rifles are quite excellent with Ranger's multipliers. Definitely not a weapon that needs buffs. Might as well ask for Talis buffs because Techer can't use them very competently.

KatsuraJun
Nov 13, 2014, 07:54 PM
Have you used rifle as a Gu/Hu or Gu/Fi? Cause whenever I do it's not exactly stellar. Maybe I'm just too hard on it, but rifle just doesn't feel like it has the variety of other weapons.

At least before Mech Guns got hit by the nerf bat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rr5HkfLTw

As you can see, he uses both. Sometimes a pure mech kill would have been slower.

Granted, it's as Gu/Ra, but Gu/Hu isn't exactly a stellar combination nowadays anyway.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 08:50 PM
I don't know about Gu/Hu or Gu/Fi, but Assault Rifles are quite excellent with Ranger's multipliers.

with Ranger's multipliers.

Ranger's multipliers.

Ranger

That's my whole point. The weapon can't function well on it's own merits despite being natively usable by a class that doesn't and shouldn't need ranger. When deciding what needs to be buffed and what needs to be nerfed you have to look at things in their optimal AND worst uses. In this case Rifles just aren't very useful without ranger, which means either ranger's multipliers are too good, rifle is too weak, or both.

I actually don't really care how it gets buffed even if it's just as simple as making twice chain work with rifles, but chains in general can be tedious to use with the long cool down, resetting if the enemy decides to move, and being almost useless on trash mobs. I just think that if they're going to give rifles to gunners they should have some sort of function without ranger.

Talis at least has the mechanics of throwing the card to use AoE techs from range. But yes, Techer is the other class I think needs something else going for it, probably more than gunner does. Without force most techs aren't all that great either.

but Gu/Hu isn't exactly a stellar combination nowadays anyway.You say that and you can't see where I'm going with this?

KatsuraJun
Nov 13, 2014, 09:08 PM
You say that and you can't see where I'm going with this?

Not really, because that's a problem with Gu/Hu and not with rifle needing a buff. Gu/Hu wasn't even a thing until S-Roll JA was introduced.

Rifles are still usable even on Gu/Hu though, just as a backup at least. I used them when soloing XQs on stages that resisted mechguns that I couldn't complete floor orders for.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 09:19 PM
Not really, because that's a problem with Gu/Hu and not with rifle needing a buff. Gu/Hu wasn't even a thing until S-Roll JA was introduced.

Rifles are still usable even on Gu/Hu though, just as a backup at least. I used them when soloing XQs on stages that resisted mechguns that I couldn't complete floor orders for.I guess that's probably more true now that I think about it. Maybe I was using the term buff too broadly. I just want a way for rifle to be able to function on the same level as other weapons without relying on WHA or WB.

If you think they're fine in XQs though then they should be fine in UQs. I don't care what sega says, this content is gonna get easy and stale after a while anyway.

I'm a LIIIIIIIIITTLE bit worried about ultimate buster being almost required to do decent damage in UQs though.

Walkure
Nov 13, 2014, 09:21 PM
This news makes me want to finish the usable set of 8 different weapon types on FI/HU (including that katana with Hatou Rindou access on any class combo).

Rakurai
Nov 13, 2014, 09:26 PM
Good thing I play a FO so I can just spam light techs on it all day.

Wonder if you'll be able to just hide behind a rock or tree to dodge most of its attacks like you can with Falz Angel.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2014, 09:27 PM
That's my whole point. The weapon can't function well on it's own merits despite being natively usable by a class that doesn't and shouldn't need ranger. When deciding what needs to be buffed and what needs to be nerfed you have to look at things in their optimal AND worst uses. In this case Rifles just aren't very useful without ranger, which means either ranger's multipliers are too good, rifle is too weak, or both.

Gunner has ARs because it was either

1) Give it launchers
2) Give it two unique ranged weapons (too much work)
3) Give it only TMGs and gunslashes

Gunner pretty obviously is designed around TMGs. Not one skill dedicated to ARs. They're all found on the Ranger tree. ARs might as well be an afterthought.

And while we're at it, what you're talking about is basically the same as requesting buffs to all the bad class combos barely anyone plays. There is really no good reason to consider people that deliberately handicap themselves.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2014, 09:29 PM
Depending on how tough the boss is, either it gets burned so fast that it won't matter or we could all use Aiming Shot in phase 1 before it gets serious then switch back once it resists Gunslash.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 09:32 PM
Gunner pretty obviously is designed around TMGs. Which is a problem when new content is being built around temporarily limiting your options.

And while we're at it, what you're talking about is basically the same as requesting buffs to all the bad class combos barely anyone plays. There is really no good reason to consider people that deliberately handicap themselves.It shouldn't be a handycap in the first place. I can understand that there are bad builds but there's absolutely no reason Gu/Hu, Gu/Fi, and Gu/Br shouldn't be able to function in high end gameplay, because mechanically they actually have a lot of synergy, and it would go even further if Gu wasn't so focused on TMGs.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2014, 09:38 PM
Well TBH given the abundance of Forces, SatCan/Nemesis Rangers, DB Bouncers and Katana Bravers, it's very unlikely that TMGs will register as the top damage weapon in a 12-player MPA :p

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 10:04 PM
Well TBH given the abundance of Forces, SatCan/Nemesis Rangers, DB Bouncers and Katana Bravers, it's very unlikely that TMGs will register as the top damage weapon in a 12-player MPA :pYeah, I wanted to say that at several points but I couldn't find a place to fit it between all my vitriol.

wefwq
Nov 13, 2014, 10:06 PM
Well TBH given the abundance of Forces, SatCan/Nemesis Rangers, DB Bouncers and Katana Bravers, it's very unlikely that TMGs will register as the top damage weapon in a 12-player MPA :p
You'll never know when you run over to shit MPA.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2014, 10:07 PM
You'll never know when you run over to shit MPA.Based on what I'm reading, if you're playing Gu/Hu you ARE the shit MPA.

Maenara
Nov 13, 2014, 10:14 PM
And so, the Gunners, once loved by many for their talented acrobatics and skill of the draw, were shunned. At once the Gunners fell apart, many forsaking the ways of the twin gun to try at other, less stigma-riddled, talents. Only a select few chose to remain true, and in these times, they are the subject of much prejudice. These are not good times, my friend.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2014, 10:22 PM
GuHu is pretty legit still - look at KatsuJun's video. Yes it's slower than GuRa but still faster than many combinations. I haven't been able to find a Bouncer video that takes Ringahda down in a single stagger for example.

My point with GuHu not being top DPS has more to do with other classes being stacked. In a 12-man MPA I usually run into 2-3 of either Katana Br, DB Bo, Fire Fo or Ranger (so easy to identify by the number of SatCan beeps you hear :3). In terms of ease of use other classes have it better since Chain is easy to mess up, so that's likely why Gunner is underused.

And remember that Ultimate quest isn't just about Anga - there's Diaboi and mobbing too, and GuHu mobbing is easier than GuRa since you don't need to work for headshots.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 13, 2014, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I don't know why AR damage is supposedly bad for Gu/Fi or Gu/Hu. It's obviously not as good as Gu/Ra or Ra/Hu, but it shouldn't be something that merits a complaint. Its usage is quite solid as is.

Of course, the fact that it isn't as good as Gu/Ra or Ra/Hu more or less means that you should be going for what you do best as a Gu/Fi or Gu/Hu, and that would be TMGs, not ARs. But they should still function fine if you have to use them, just not at their top possible performance (missing WB for one).

Personally, I think it's fine that Anga Fandarge can force people to use alternate weapons and tech elements. It forces people to be competent in weapons they wouldn't otherwise be. Or, the resistances could simply be so pitiful that, if the alternate weapons/elements aren't around the same level as what you were using, then you'd be better off sticking with what you were doing even when it's resisted. The fact that Anga Fandarge can gain resistances to what damages it most is not enough information to draw concrete ideas about how it will be fought.

Unrelated, but Diaboi Igrissith is the bird dragon, not the Photon Blast lookalike. Anga Fandarge is the boss being discussed. Anga Fandarge is the one whose name should be in the thread title. Since people keep making this mistake, it might be best to edit the thread title to be more accurate.

Lyrise
Nov 14, 2014, 01:56 AM
I have the full scans up.

2560x1600, dual page layout as usual.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPS11132.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPS11131.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Perfect Chaos
Nov 14, 2014, 04:19 AM
Looking at that, I'm wondering about the new Bouncer skill that keeps field effects on players for 10 seconds after they leave the field. I wonder if that applies to yourself, and thus getting an extra 10 seconds of the field on yourself once the field ends. It's be great if it's like that, because then you'll have essentially 7/9 uptime instead of 2/3 uptime.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 14, 2014, 04:38 AM
Looking at that, I'm wondering about the new Bouncer skill that keeps field effects on players for 10 seconds after they leave the field. I wonder if that applies to yourself, and thus getting an extra 10 seconds of the field on yourself once the field ends. It's be great if it's like that, because then you'll have essentially 7/9 uptime instead of 2/3 uptime.

I don't see why not.

Sizustar
Nov 14, 2014, 04:38 AM

It should be other NPC that step into your field.
As it currently is, the effect only affect them, when they are in it, i f the Bouncer jump, or move away, they lose the effect immediately.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 14, 2014, 04:54 AM
Conflicting opinions already, huh. Well, either way, it's only 1 skill point in a tree with not much to get, so I'm taking it regardless.
And I just noticed that they swapped the image of Sphere Eraser and Heartless Impact in the magazine. LOL

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty sure its Sphere Eraser.

but w/e.

kabutozero
Nov 14, 2014, 05:25 AM

How does that work if the element of the weakness is spammed?

Hope the resistance is not really big tho... it's a big middle finger to classes/builds that only use 1 weapon

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 05:37 AM
it's a big middle finger to classes/builds that only use 1 weaponI'm pretty sure that's the point, which is why I hope it causes people to complain about how centralized classes like Gu and Te are. I also hope it makes sega realize the current set up for skill trees just doesn't work if they want people to also have build variety, but that'll never happen because money.

Xaelouse
Nov 14, 2014, 05:38 AM
If it's anything like XQs, his weakness gets nullified and he becomes weak to nothing (poor BO and TE)
The pic is funny since it implies FOs spamming Il Barta

Perfect Chaos
Nov 14, 2014, 06:00 AM
I'm pretty sure its Sphere Eraser.

but w/e.Opps, my bad. I knew the PA started with Sphere, and I saw レイザー, so my mind automatically went to "Laser" and didn't notice the イ.

But w/e.

The pic is funny since it implies FOs spamming Il BartaI thought the same thing. XD
And is that an Assault Rifle symbol by the Ice symbol? I know little to nothing about Ranger, but I never heard of Rifles being a weapon that dishes out a lot of damage directly on its own.

Sizustar
Nov 14, 2014, 06:26 AM
Opps, my bad. I knew the PA started with Sphere, and I saw レイザー, so my mind automatically went to "Laser" and didn't notice the イ.

But w/e.

I thought the same thing. XD
And is that an Assault Rifle symbol by the Ice symbol? I know little to nothing about Ranger, but I never heard of Rifles being a weapon that dishes out a lot of damage directly on its own.

Satelite laser thing, is currently one of the strongest PA.

NoiseHERO
Nov 14, 2014, 06:31 AM
Shud nerf satellite laser

Anyhow I want dat gun holster.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 14, 2014, 06:35 AM
Satelite laser thing, is currently one of the strongest PA.Oh duh! How did I forget about that. >_< Now I feel like a bigger idiot...
I've been saying a bunch of stupid things lately. I guess it's a sign that I should go to sleep, as it's past 4:30 AM where I live. LOL

Achelousaurus
Nov 14, 2014, 06:37 AM
Because it's all about you and you only have one weapon right?
Yes.
I can't believe people are so ridiculously shortsighted.
Getting 4 people can be a nightmare, but now you need 12.
Congrats, you found yourself in a pug UQ cause either you had to make do with whoever was available atm or they are like LQs and full of randoms.
As a Katana Braver or TMG Gunner you are carrying the party until the boss.

Now what? Take 30 minutes to beat the boss alone cause you were the only one doing any dmg worth noting?

And even if not, I don't want to be friggind punished for doing well. This isn't like TD but rather like XQs, failed last stage where the goal was "don't deal more than 1000 dmg" and now your main weapon is useless.

You also realize that this means anyone that doesn't want to switch weapon will intentionally hold back during phase 1, right?
So a lot of boss fights will have a really slow and stupid 1st phase unless you have a dedicated party and getting 12 people online doing the same quest at the same time is a rare luxury for most people.

So, katana braver needs to get bow skills on the same tree just for this boss. Gunner needs to use AR without any skills for it cause they are all for ra.

Bow braver must sub Hu and get avg stance to be able to use katana (also must have kc skills for that).

I can't believe you people can't even think of that, there are a lot of builds focused on single weapons.
Sure I can use more weapons, but why should I when the game so often promotes focusing on a single weapon instead of multiple?
It's one thing if I mess up XQs and have a way to get out of the punishment, but it's another if I do well and get this BS as reward.

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 06:43 AM
there are a lot of builds focused on single weapons.
Sure I can use more weapons, but why should I when the game so often promotes focusing on a single weapon instead of multiple?

I'm pretty sure that's the point, which is why I hope it causes people to complain about how centralized classes like Gu and Te are. I also hope it makes sega realize the current set up for skill trees just doesn't work if they want people to also have build variety, but that'll never happen because money.

https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg

Waraiwarai
Nov 14, 2014, 06:44 AM
Yes.
Congrats, you found yourself in a pug UQ cause either you had to make do with whoever was available atm or they are like LQs and full of randoms.

Now what? Take 30 minutes to beat the boss alone cause you were the only one doing any dmg worth noting?

And even if not, I don't want to be friggind punished for doing well. This isn't like TD but rather like XQs, failed last stage where the goal was "don't deal more than 1000 dmg" and now your main weapon is useless.

You also realize that this means anyone that doesn't want to switch weapon will intentionally hold back during phase 1, right?
So a lot of boss fights will have a really slow and stupid 1st phase unless you have a dedicated party and getting 12 people online doing the same quest at the same time is a rare luxury for most people.

So, katana braver needs to get bow skills on the same tree just for this boss. Gunner needs to use AR without any skills for it cause they are all for ra.

Bow braver must sub Hu and get avg stance to be able to use katana (also must have kc skills for that).

I can't believe you people can't even think of that, there are a lot of builds focused on single weapons.
It's one thing if I mess up XQs and have a way to get out of the punishment, but it's another if I do well and get this BS as reward.

r u high?

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 06:47 AM
r u high?He's saying that most of the builds people use are overly centralized and that designing an enemy that requires you to have weapon variety is going to cause problems.

While I don't agree with all his points, I agree with the sentiment that, as things are right now in regards to skill trees, skill resetting, and weapon balance, this whole concept just won't work properly. Unless the content isn't actually as "hardcore" as sega is toting it to be, and it turns out 2-4 man parties can handle it just fine, which won't surprise me considering 4 people can solo luther in less than 10 minutes.

Achelousaurus
Nov 14, 2014, 06:54 AM
Yeah.
And the point that it's hard to get a good 12 people mpa. So the few people carrying a bad mpa (you know it's common) will get severely weakened in phase 2.

As a result or generally because no one likes to be useless / have to switch to an undesired weapon, people are likely gonna hold back during phase, use a secondary weapon for low damage or use their main weapon and just don't attack much.

In general having a quest requiring special strategies is good and I don't mind tough bosses (as I mentioned before) but this one small game mechanic thrown in cause of "lol, Sega" without them thinking of consequences crews up everything.

Kanade
Nov 14, 2014, 06:56 AM
Yes.

ur the only one shortsighted, get off ur high horse thinking ur carrying anyone when u can barely solo H-tako and go make some friends to set up an ULT pt and use teamwork... the quest has been advertised as such since months ago.

Why br need bow trees at all when hu sub gives them partisan and wire lance, both of those weapons kill bosses just as good if not better than katana.

tmg gu carrying? r u playing on SEA or something? pls just stop posting ur ridiculous whining, no wonder u have to solo cuz no one wants a self entitled brat in their organized mpa.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 07:00 AM
>_> uses Ra/Hu.

Sat Cannon, get's "reward".

switches to Launcher.

Cosmos Breaker (or the new Sphere Eraser, depending on the dmg) no problem.

and I'm pretty sure Br can use Wired Lances (I saw someone using that and clears mobs pretty fast with Other Spin) so basically, you're the one limiting yourself into using one weapon.

Hunters? Swords and Wired Lances can deal good dmg if used properly.

Gunners? well not like they're that good anymore anyway but, Rifle Homing Emmision Point Blank can still wreck bosses.

Bow Bravers uses Launchers as well. (because of their bad mobbing capability)

don't even mention Fi, Fo, and Te.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 07:13 AM
Yes.

Ultimate quests are 2000 point quests with one area. At no point should you not have an entire MPA. 3 resistances mean that, at best, three overcentralizing builds become significantly less effective.

Also, carrying? I'm sorry, no you don't. And is there any inherent issue with spending 20-30 minutes on a boss? Especially for 13*s?

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 07:17 AM
And is there any inherent issue with spending 20-30 minutes on a boss? Especially for 13*s?I dunno, I don't think I want another Luther...

Yayate
Nov 14, 2014, 07:20 AM
Yes.

I only tend to lurk here, but holy crap, are you for real? You constantly make the most misguided posts possible showing that you don't understand simple mechanics, and then you state you are one of the people that carry an MPA?

Don't worry; Katana is not a bossing weapon. Unless your entire MPA is solely Katana BRs, it will not get resisted. Maybe try carrying a Partisan or Wired Lance around to improve your very meager bossing capabilities?

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 07:21 AM
I dunno, I don't think I want another Luther...

Well, I want a boss fight that doesn't degrade into fucking nothing after a few days.

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 07:25 AM
Well, I want a boss fight that doesn't degrade into fucking nothing after a few days.
Maybe if Weak bullet didn't exist, and the gap between minimum and maximum power wasn't so huge, things would be easier to balance. As it is, you either get a half hour snore fest, or bosses that die before Helga even tells you to capture them. The whole reason this keeps happening is because they think they can make hardcore 12 man MPA content.
At least this isn't time or item gated, so I guess people can organize runs like they do those boss trigger runs, contrary to what Megidolaon seems to think.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 07:30 AM
I dunno, I don't think I want another Luther...

Well, I want a boss fight that doesn't degrade into fucking nothing after a few days.oh boy, pre-nerf luther was the BEST!:bondage:

best 26 mins of my life!

then we learned his attack patterns by 3 days, shortened it to 15 mins, then 7 - 10 mins.

then nerfed luther came and I cried.

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 07:35 AM
oh boy, pre-nerf luther was the BEST!:bondage:

best 26 mins of my life!

then we learned his attack patterns by 3 days, shortened it to 15 mins, then 7 - 10 mins.

then nerfed luther came and I cried.Giga still tells me horror stories about bad MPAs taking almost the whole time limit, which just drives my point home even more.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 07:57 AM
it took 26 mins because there were loads of people dying, I remember 10 people died at the merry-go-run because they were too busy attacking the arms, yes, arms.

that's how it goes 1st time, it got easier as soon as we knew his algorithm and where to attack, what strategies to use.

luther didn't even need a nerf, he was perfect. the fuckshitcrap ton hp didn't need a nerf.

the same could be applied to this boss, I just hope the resistance IS like XQ. then leave it at that.

else, getting a 13* wouldn't be worth it.

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 08:00 AM
it took 26 mins because there were loads of people dying, I remember 10 people died at the merry-go-run because they were too busy attacking the arms, yes, arms.

that's how it goes 1st time, it got easier as soon as we knew his algorithm.

luther didn't even need a nerf, he was perfect. the fuckshitcrap ton hp didn't need a nerf.

the same could be applied to this boss, I just hope the resistance IS like XQ. then leave it at that.Would you still say that if WB didn't exist?

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 08:06 AM
Would you still say that if WB didn't exist?there was no WB on the 1st run of luther. (there is but, WBs were in the wrong parts, so technically there is but, nobody knew what/where to WB.)

and to answer your question, I'll love it.

Scyris
Nov 14, 2014, 08:07 AM
Personally rangers need to be nerfed to hell and back cuz they are op as hell compared to other classes.

Rien
Nov 14, 2014, 08:45 AM

Can it resist light?

It has light for a weakness so I'd like to think that it can't, but...

Hexxy
Nov 14, 2014, 09:42 AM
Personally I'm excited for this type of boss, and I'm hoping it can spread its resists to nearby enemies.

Can't really think of any class that will do poorly in this case (other than absolute refusal to switch weapons). I main katana, but br/hu has 6 weapon choices which I carry at least one of each with me at all times, not even an issue here.

Absolute worst case scenario is being a gu/hu with boss resists being tmg AND rifle (if it can even do that), and in that case you just pull a gunslash and ZRA your way to victory like a boss.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 14, 2014, 10:07 AM

that's how it goes 1st time, it got easier as soon as we knew his algorithm and where to attack, what strategies to use.

the same could be applied to this boss, I just hope the resistance IS like XQ. then leave it at that.

I remember this as well...1st Luther ever, which was a fake one too, was the best fight I ever had. People dropped dead so hard and it seriously lasted like 25 mins or so. And it's not like our MPA didn't even had DPS, just not knowing what to do.

I personally hope for more content like this. Stuff doesn't need to melt the moment it spawns, I want stuff to fight back. Owls however are a different story and should just die a slow and painful death :wacko:

wefwq
Nov 14, 2014, 11:05 AM

You can't just throw in EQ-tier HP to field boss, since this quest are QP-based quest, if it do happen everyone will be timed out and kicked out from the field before they even kill enough thug for S rank drops.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 11:08 AM
The only QP Quests that are timed are EQs.

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 11:09 AM
You can't just throw in EQ-tier HP to field boss, since this quest are QP-based quest, if it do happen everyone will be timed out and kicked out from the field before they even kill enough thug for S rank drops.

UQs don't have a time limit, and even if they did S-ranks haven't given us anything meaningful before, I doubt they're going to start now.

Alandsmj
Nov 14, 2014, 11:17 AM
So the new specie hunter affix is 10% but can it be transferred to other weapons?

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 11:21 AM
So the new specie hunter affix is 10% but can it be transferred to other weapons?

We don't have that information yet, but I would assume so.

Sizustar
Nov 14, 2014, 11:53 AM

You mean Ultimate buster?
It can't be transfered

Kondibon
Nov 14, 2014, 11:57 AM
You mean Ultimate buster?
It can't be transfered

http://i.imgur.com/hh5Wt72.jpg

Alandsmj
Nov 14, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks. What a perfect way to ruin the current weapon/fodder market.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
How does this ruin the market? Mark abilities aren't transferable, they didn't ruin the market either.

Rakurai
Nov 14, 2014, 12:05 PM
If it can't be transferred, I'm curious as to how they got Vol Soul onto a weapon that has it, as the weapon in question only drops from the Falz Arms, plus Vol Dragon doesn't show up in any of the current Extra Hard quests.

Xaelouse
Nov 14, 2014, 12:12 PM
Coming soon: Ultimate Receptors

LonelyGaruga
Nov 14, 2014, 01:14 PM

The whole post was pretty stupid, but this, this right here.

We don't know how strong the resists are yet. Quit pretending you're a goddamn psychic.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 01:24 PM
Option 1: Be the best there ever was during phase 1/2, and accept not being the best there ever was during phase 2/3.
Option 2: Purposely suck during Phase 1/2 so you can be the best there ever was during phase 2/3.
Option 3: Learn to use more than 1 technique element and/or 2 weapon types.
Option 4: Fight this boss in an MPA. Now you have only 1/6 chance of your favorite element being resisted, and 1/272 chance of both of your favorite weapon types being resisted! (On average, which assumes a even distribution of all weapon types and elements between players on the large scale).

Laxedrane
Nov 14, 2014, 03:34 PM
Option 3: Learn to use more than 1 technique element and/or 2 weapon types.

The only problem with most builds is with exception of force for T attack users.. We are built by our elemental specialization. Force can rack up 30% damage potency and E-peen flare without touching an element while techer only has weak boost and shifta 10%. Techer and forces get shoe horned into a certain element based on their tree. No other class has "Increase damage of Katana by 10%" on their tree like tech users do.

Bouncers have it even worse.. What if there's no break able parts on this mob? Or they all break early in the fight. What about people who just plan don't have that skill and rely on it being weak to a certain element for element stance. Almost any damage they bring to the table goes out the window if suddenly it's resistant to the element it's suppose to be weak to. Unless he also rotates in weakness(Let's say whoever dealt the least damage) it's going to cripple anyone with Bo in their name.

While I am excited to play against this mob and will enjoy the challenge. I can't say that it's as simple as you make it out to be for magic users to just use another element on any given tree. You are asking people to give up at least 40% of their damage. This almost necessitates people have Dual builds.. and be Fo/te or te/fo with each class utilizing one element. Which is ok... You loose a lot of wiggle room on either tree when not utilizing it as just a sub for the mains element of choice. But I can honestly say bouncer should feel screwed against this mob. Especially if it pulls a "I am now fully resistant to my only weakness.."

I am not saying this mob is bad.. Quite the opposite I like that it's forcing players to ask hard questions about their catch all builds. However to trivialize the situation I think is just inflammatory.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
I divide my SP between all elemental masteries in order to be equally effective in all situations instead of some more than others.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 14, 2014, 05:23 PM
Could always just use a build with multiple masteries, or dump points that would normally go into a T-ATK Up skill toward masteries instead. I'm kinda confused as to how a 44% difference in damage makes an element too horrible to use in the first place, though.

Regarding Elemental Stance, it would suck for both Techers and Bouncers if it could resist its own weakness, since then it would have no weakness (unless it rotates if it begins resisting its weakness, which we don't actually have any information suggesting so). But then, it would require people to top out with light techs, and light techs are actually a pretty unpopular element. Ragrants would probably be best DPS for it, admittedly.

Anga Fandarge getting varying resistances doesn't by itself gimp players, though. Even if you're losing 20-44% damage because of a bad resistance development, it's not like your weapon(s) suddenly become unplayable. And we don't actually know if it can resist its own weakness or not. So it's bad form to assume it can.

For the record, I play tech classes exclusively, and I think they have the least issue with the concept of varying resistances, because switching elements really is that easy. It's just a less optimized element, whereas people actually running around with just one weapon category get themselves shot in the foot doing so.

Maenara
Nov 14, 2014, 05:28 PM
Ultimately(Pun not intended), what this boils down to is people are terrified of change to the status quo. The reality of this is, if this resistance system becomes commonplace, it'll act as an anti-meta. That's why it's so genius. The preceding statement assumes the resistances are significant, so we can hope.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2014, 06:00 PM
Ultimately(Pun not intended), what this boils down to is people are terrified of change to the status quo. The reality of this is, if this resistance system becomes commonplace, it'll act as an anti-meta. That's why it's so genius. The preceding statement assumes the resistances are significant, so we can hope.

The "meta," as far as I've ever seen, is just a matter of optimizing tactics within the confines of the game's rules.

The meta will automatically adapt to account for this.

Unfortunately.

It's going to get mighty annoying when everyone has their own idea of how to best handle this guy. "Gunslashes in phase one!" "Brute force it with your best weapon then change weapons!"

Poyonche
Nov 14, 2014, 06:06 PM
Idc about phase and what people say, I'll just go jetboots and that's all. :3

"That was the useless post of dah topic"

Selphea
Nov 14, 2014, 06:12 PM
Well I'll happily let the person who wants to brute force in Phase 1 do that and get their weapon nerfed :3!

SakoHaruo
Nov 14, 2014, 07:45 PM
"That was the useless post of dah topic"

Don't worry, I got us. ._.b

I can't wait for the biggest crybaby of PSOW, TaigaUC, to create a thread just to complain about English speaking players brute forcing the first phase.

xervah
Nov 14, 2014, 07:55 PM
inb4 in phase 3 will be ALL weapon resistance except gunslash.....
and everyone will be in gunslash .__.

anyway.. i think this will be a new chllenge for switching weapons to a new level rather than focus on one weapon you have.

LordKaiser
Nov 14, 2014, 07:56 PM
I see another star saber similar to my スケイスズミ Sukei Suzumi on those scans. I hope it have a similar potential or better.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 14, 2014, 08:53 PM
inb4 in phase 3 will be ALL weapon resistance except gunslash.....
and everyone will be in gunslash .__.

Max of two total resistances for both phase 2 and phase 3, so...nope.

LordKaiser
Nov 15, 2014, 12:35 AM
So all of you are very deeply concerned about this Photon Blast boss... It's not clear if it keeps all resistances at once. My guess if that it has a limit of how many resistances it can hold and who knows of it's one at a time or one different resistance per orb.

I don't think it would be able to keep more than 2 at once. But if many different weapons and techniques attack it at once what resistance it will hold if the limit is 2? Unless the orbs can themselves hold different resistances to the boss itself and it become 2 per orb.

Kondibon
Nov 15, 2014, 01:17 AM
So all of you are very deeply concerned about this Photon Blast boss... It's not clear if it keeps all resistances at once. My guess if that it has a limit of how many resistances it can hold and who knows of it's one at a time or one different resistance per orb.

I don't think it would be able to keep more than 2 at once. But if many different weapons and techniques attack it at once what resistance it will hold if the limit is 2? Unless the orbs can themselves hold different resistances to the boss itself and it become 2 per orb.Someone earlier said it's 2 weapon resistances and one element, but I dunno where they got that from.

eDIT: I should go back and find the post. I probably just misread it anyway since the screenshots don't show more than 2. I doubt it's cumulative anyway.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 15, 2014, 01:21 AM
Sizustar said on the first page that it gains a resistance to a weapon and element based on whichever one did the most damage. Except you can clearly see that it resists two different weapons in one of the shots of its resistances on the scan. If what Sizustar said about two resistances at max is accurate, then that's that.

Obviously, the scan provides the information, so there shouldn't really be a need to speculate. But since no one with sufficient knowledge of Japanese has adequately explained what it says, it's like having the key to a puzzle inches away from your grasp.

Rakurai
Nov 16, 2014, 02:05 AM
Wonder if they're going to be adding rare enemy triggers for the UQ bosses.

Diabol Grissith and the revamped De Malmoth both have rare versions, according to the now missing datamining thread (Which I presume got swept up with the spam from the bots accidentally).

Asdfv
Nov 16, 2014, 09:14 AM
It looks like it says they go up to 3 despite the images only showing up to 2, but here's the whole portion about the boss:
[spoiler-box]
Anga Fandarge: a learning-type enemy that grows with each battle

Learning Factors: Maximum number of resistances (maximum 3 types at the same time)
Attack pattern
Bits' attack magic

For it is a boss that is like a giant infection core, it strengthens surrounding enemies with its original core. In addition, it is a learning-type boss that changes its attack pattern and its maximum number of resistances as it battles the players over and over. The factors it learns and grows are as they are on the right [above], and they grow depending on the aggregated data of each ship. Conversely, the types of resistances are variable and are influenced by the total amount of damage dealt in that single battle. As a result, it's a boss with the unprecedented trait of having countermeasures that vary with each battle.

Anga Fandarge's Variations
When Anga Fandarge takes certain amounts of damage, it changes its characteristics and gains resistances. The resistances are selected with priority to weapon categories and technique elements that dealt the most total damage to its body. Since attacks by techniques are handled as elemental damage, gaining resistances to rods and talises would be nonsensical.

←Its weak point becomes vulnerable by destroying the 6 bits floating around it.

←Its resistances should also be able to be dealt with by bringing in multiple weapon types.[/spoiler-box]

LonelyGaruga
Nov 16, 2014, 12:10 PM
Huh, the learning stuff has me wary. Every time I heard an AI learned and adapted to player behavior, it...well, didn't. 3 resistances instead of 2 sounds annoying if it doesn't display 3, since one of them would be invisible. Which is strange, the game should be able to display 3 resistances if it can display 3 weaknesses, like it does with infection cores and Vardha Soma's exposed missile pods (with Wind/Light/Dark simply being too much to list).

If Anga Fandarge lives up to what's been described about it, it could possibly be the best fight in the game.

strikerhunter
Nov 16, 2014, 01:34 PM
Huh, the learning stuff has me wary. Every time I heard an AI learned and adapted to player behavior, it...well, didn't.

I rarely see any game that has an AI that learns of from the player implanted well. Single player has it easier but 12 man MPA for PSO2 is just way too much on the technical side. So my guess is they are just trying to say the boss have a large and less predictable move pool.

Flaoc
Nov 16, 2014, 03:21 PM
wait hold on.. luther was nerfed at somepoint? i only started shortly after the ddos so if this is true, WHY SEGA WHY.

EvilMag
Nov 16, 2014, 03:49 PM
wait hold on.. luther was nerfed at somepoint? i only started shortly after the ddos so if this is true, WHY SEGA WHY.

Only up to VH was Luther nerfed I believe.