PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Verizon Just Bit the Dust?

Shady3011
Nov 18, 2014, 06:36 PM
Can't connect to the game or website anymore.

obsexed
Nov 18, 2014, 06:38 PM
yep, rip...

Squal_FFVIII
Wow really? From my understanding Verizon fios is like the only ISP that was able to connect in the US. This sucks for Verizon users if this is the case.

Vampy
It seems so. Giving it a day or so.

Justin iZ Here
Nov 18, 2014, 06:39 PM
Yeah I just had this happen to me as well...No reason for Sega to still be blocking out new IP's this long after the DDoS attacks. This is looking more and more like they simply want to keep NA out of the servers now.

Gonna give it some time considering the maintenance is soon anyways, hoping I can connect after it's over.

EvilMag
Nov 18, 2014, 06:41 PM
Verzion just had a ton of outages today? o.o
https://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless/map/

un1t27
Nov 18, 2014, 06:42 PM
People really think its being done on purpose still?

Yes i am blocked now too but lmfao for me to ever think they are blocking us on purpose now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 06:43 PM
Was already getting putty ready. Well a little practice to remember how this thing worked never hurts.

Vampy
Nov 18, 2014, 06:44 PM
Verzion just had a ton of outages today? o.o
https://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless/map/

I figured this was the case because of the weather lately. So really not jumping to conclusions.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 06:46 PM
Damnit 30 day proxycap is over. Must find another service to leech just in case.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 18, 2014, 06:56 PM
ugh.... fuck my life really?
if this is legit after maint. can someone do some... ye know, linking to ways we can connect without getting account banned? i hate to search through the sea of threads on it...
in other words, what is pso2 proxy, and how does it work?
AND I JUST WATCHED THE CINEMATIC TRAILER and jyzzzed from it

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 07:04 PM
There's the TD cinematic, and then there's 'everything else'.

That trailer falls under 'everything else'. Hell, the original, and vita openings might actually be better from music to action.

Also, http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 18, 2014, 07:07 PM
There's the TD cinematic, and then there's 'everything else'.

That trailer falls under 'everything else'. Hell, the original, and vita openings might actually be better.

Also, http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

holy shit...
i dont understand a thing going on in there?
wat the hell is a putty? proxy? SockS5? SSH tunneling? is this going to be easy at all?

SakoHaruo
Nov 18, 2014, 07:07 PM
Hot waifus in B20 ehh?

Xaeris
Nov 18, 2014, 07:09 PM
If it's too much for you, you can always use the tweaker which makes using a proxy as easy as copy and paste. I prefer to use a private setup, but it's probably safe.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2014, 07:10 PM
holy shit...
wat the hell is a putty? proxy? SockS5? SSH tunneling? is this going to be easy at all?

I can't explain it for you, especially since I haven't needed to use it in months. The thread does. Like setting up to buy AC, it's daunting and a bit annoying at first, but you don't have to think about it after you got it.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
holy shit...

Follow the steps exactly as they say and it shouldn't take more than an hour to setup. The guide covers everything you need to know.

Source: Myself.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 18, 2014, 07:18 PM
If it's too much for you, you can always use the tweaker which makes using a proxy as easy as copy and paste. I prefer to use a private setup, but it's probably safe.

copy to paste from where to where? i'm 100 hundred percent clueless, and i could care less about privacy so this sounds nice.

Follow the steps exactly as they say and it shouldn't take more than an hour to setup. The guide covers everything you need to know.

Source: Myself.

1 hour.... but if it really explains all that, do i hafto know what putty's/proxy's are?

HiOc
Nov 18, 2014, 07:21 PM
copy to paste from where to where? i'm 100 hundred percent clueless, and i could care less about privacy so this sounds nice.
There's a link in the Tweaker, right at the top, that leads you to a page on how to set up the CyberKitsune proxy but it seems that the site is down currently.

n_n
Nov 18, 2014, 07:21 PM
holy shit...
If you can't take 5 minutes to read a post, you should just quit.

wefwq
Nov 18, 2014, 07:32 PM
holy shit...
Read the post or just take easy mode, kid.

By i mean easy mode is, using PSO2Proxy thing but the chance you'll getting banned is slightly higher.

NotRankin
Nov 18, 2014, 07:42 PM

1 hour.... but if it really explains all that, do i hafto know what putty's/proxy's are?

Because that's so hard. Read it or use pso2 tweakers proxy.

Squal_FFVIII
Nov 18, 2014, 07:52 PM
It's pretty shitty that this is happening on the day of the new Ult quests >.<

It kinda reminds me of when ep3 first came out TWC went down too, but after about an hour of waiting it came back on. I would say just hang in there for a few hours or till next morning and hopefully everything will be back to normal. Unfortunately the second time TWC went down we were riped...and till this way we cant connect. Incase it doesn't come back on there's always the free proxy that most of us have been using for months now.

Just to be sure its the same error, are you guys getting the error 103 when trying to launch the game via the launcher?

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 08:01 PM

You don't need to know anything to follow instructions to the letter. Do you know how microwaves work? I mean, really know, like how they generate heat, how they're made, what goes into them, how to maintain one, things like that. Chances are, you don't. But you don't need to in order to use one. All you do is follow the instructions you're given.

The guide is exactly the same way. You don't need to know anything beyond what it tells you. You don't need to know what PuTTY is, beyond the fact that you have to download, open, and follow the instructions of the guide. You don't need to know how proxies work, you don't need to know how it allows you to connect, none of that stuff. And by the time you're done, you probably still won't know more about any of that than you did before you got started, just like me. Because it doesn't tell you anything about that stuff beyond how to use it. It provides nothing beyond what you need. Simple, easy to read, no-nonsense.

I would have liked to have said this, but I chose being helpful over being honest.

You really should quit if you can't follow that guide. Elementary school students could follow this without trouble.

doomdragon83
Nov 18, 2014, 08:02 PM
Another well timed mishap. You know what: my premium (which keeps getting a couple of hours each maintenance for whatever reason) will expire in about 3 weeks, I may actually take a break from this game and play some other stuff. I need to finish Xenoblade Chronicles and pick up the Etrian Odyssey series.

l1onheart170
Nov 18, 2014, 08:04 PM
setup amz ec2 is real easy, just read and follow the steps

DrCatco
Nov 18, 2014, 08:38 PM
As a player from México, I can say that it's not only a problem for Verizon. Just a few hours ago, I leveled my gunner to 62, and now I can't even access to the JP game site.

Basras
Nov 18, 2014, 08:47 PM
Well, this makes me feel a bit sad :(

Shady3011
Nov 18, 2014, 09:05 PM
Just to be sure its the same error, are you guys getting the error 103 when trying to launch the game via the launcher?

Yep. Same error.

Basras
Nov 18, 2014, 09:14 PM
I am getting the 249 error though is that the same?

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 18, 2014, 09:28 PM

do they explain the terms used? i felt like he was throwing techy terms at me without explaining what they meant first.

i'm sorry if i'm not a computer elitist like you are

The Walrus
Nov 18, 2014, 10:07 PM
The guide provides all the information you need to set it up. If you wanna go learn terms or something then just google them...

Kikikiki
Nov 18, 2014, 10:08 PM
Why the fuck do you need to understand those terms in a technical way to get the damn thing to work.

Rainoffire
Nov 18, 2014, 10:22 PM
do they explain the terms used? i felt like he was throwing techy terms at me without explaining what they meant first.

The internet is at your fingertips, come across a word you do not understand, then do a little searching. The amount of time you spent asking everyone here, you could have done some self research and learned a lot more.

The terms used were even pretty basic and the instructions simple, unsure how you can get confused.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 10:27 PM

I didn't understand any of the terms beyond a layman's level of understanding and I was able to use the guide just fine.

Seriously. You can just follow the guide blindly and it'll work perfectly. It requires zero thought. Why are you making such a big deal out of it? You just do what it says without question and it'll work just fine.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 PM
I didn't understand any of the terms beyond a layman's level of understanding and I was able to use the guide just fine.

Seriously. You can just follow the guide blindly and it'll work perfectly. It requires zero thought. Why are you making such a big deal out of it? You just do what it says without question and it'll work just fine.

ok, just checking, cuz i don't wanna kill my pc when i just got it =.=" i'd rather get a general idea of what i'm doing so i feel safer.

n_n
Nov 18, 2014, 11:11 PM

You sure love to throw the word "elitist" around when someone doesn't give into your lazy ass. :roll:

All you need to do is follow each step, you don't need to know what all this means... stop giving excuses for not wanting to read a post with more than 3 sentences.

I never used any of this before and I was able to set up PuTTY, Proxycap and AWS in less than 15 minutes. It's easy stuff and the guide explains everything very well.

wefwq
Nov 18, 2014, 11:14 PM

That's why elementary school is mandatory.
Hit the book kids, never lazy to read stuff.

You will learn stuff you need to know along the way anyway, just read the guide carefully and google every single point that you think is important.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 19, 2014, 01:22 AM
ok, just checking, cuz i don't wanna kill my pc when i just got it =.=" i'd rather get a general idea of what i'm doing so i feel safer.

It shouldn't kill your computer, it's just a remote Amazon server IP that people can lease, and forwarding your connection to that server which allows your to log into PSO2+^_^+ the whole amazing proxy and related programs shouldn't take any more resources from your computer then this webpage+^_^+

Scale of Judgment
Nov 19, 2014, 07:27 AM
Quick question, how much harder will it be to setup a vita to bypass this block?

Sizustar
Nov 19, 2014, 07:33 AM
Quick question, how much harder will it be to setup a vita to bypass this block?

That would depend on your router and how it allows you to set up a VPN.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 09:52 AM
So Verizon is officially down am I correct?

RealKillaK
Nov 19, 2014, 10:45 AM
What a way to wake up I go on pso2 and NOPE cant connect now i gotta be a filthy vpn/proxy casual

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 10:48 AM
Is the tweaker proxy that risky? Cuz I got no credit card? Has anyone got banned from using it yet?

Vampy
Nov 19, 2014, 10:49 AM
Is the tweaker proxy that risky? Cuz I got no credit card? Has anyone got banned from using it yet?

You basically run the same risk of getting banned on a normal connection.

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 10:59 AM
What a way to wake up I go on pso2 and NOPE cant connect now i gotta be a filthy vpn/proxy casual

We took an L.:no:

sesshymon
Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM
Can anybody confirm if Verizon is up again? At home at around 10:10am EST, I couldnt log in but at work at 11:30am EST I can connect to pso2 website and I'm using a Verizon connection. Can anybody confirm this?

Also, currently updating pso2es with no problems with connections.

SakoHaruo
Nov 19, 2014, 11:35 AM
Can anybody confirm if Verizon is up again? At home at around 10:10am EST, I couldnt log in but at work at 11:30am EST I can connect to pso2 website and I'm using a Verizon connection. Can anybody confirm this?

HOLYSHIT

THERE IS A GOD! \O/

Vampy
Nov 19, 2014, 11:42 AM

Also, currently updating pso2es with no problems with connections.

It's been semi up for me all day but not fully connected.

sesshymon
Nov 19, 2014, 11:44 AM
I forgot to mention, my location is Owings Mills, MD. Just right outside the outage area that Verizon has reported.

SakoHaruo
Nov 19, 2014, 11:45 AM
My free will has been restored. o3o

Arkanoid
Nov 19, 2014, 11:54 AM
Can anyone on Verizon actually connect to the game though? o3o
I'm at work on Verizon connection in NJ but can't connect to pso2.jp website here... o3o

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 11:57 AM
Can anyone on Verizon actually connect to the game though? o3o
I'm at work on Verizon connection in NJ but can't connect to pso2.jp website here... o3o

I can't either and i'm in New Jersey.

Keyblade59
Nov 19, 2014, 12:00 PM

I too fare from the foreign lands of NJ and cannot connect to anything, I have no idea how this happened overnight.

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 12:02 PM
I too fare from the foreign lands of NJ and cannot connect to anything, I have no idea how this happened overnight.

Yeah it happened around 6:00pm - 7:00pm last night for Verizon users i guess.

sesshymon
Nov 19, 2014, 12:09 PM
I have a friend who lives in NJ and uses Verizon and can't connect either...although he has been getting error 103 rather than 107...

SakoHaruo
Nov 19, 2014, 12:17 PM
My free will has been restored. o3o
I can confirm I having the same issues as vampy.

Welp, it's not looking good for us, but there's hope!

RealKillaK
Nov 19, 2014, 12:28 PM
I can confirm I having the same issues as vampy.

Welp, it's not looking good for us, but there's hope!

NO HOPE Im already having mental breakdown now what imma do till ......*remembers omega red and ssbwiiu comes out friday* nah im cool

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 12:30 PM

New Jersey as well... Pso2.jp won't load up. :/ time to use proxy and cross your fingers that you won't get banned.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 19, 2014, 01:04 PM
Already using it. I just bit the bullet and bought the proxycap license for $40 though instead of fighting to get proxifier to work for 31 days. Needed one anyway since the occasions I did duties in FF14 the lag was shit.

Noc Codez
Nov 19, 2014, 02:22 PM
Guy we all have to call verizon to fix this issue. Happened last time and with in a week they fixed it.

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 02:41 PM
Guy we all have to call verizon to fix this issue. Happened last time and with in a week they fixed it.

I've never had to do this before when this happened.

Noc Codez
Nov 19, 2014, 03:10 PM
I've never had to do this before when this happened.

That's because people like me was calling while you were just waiting to fix itself.

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 03:46 PM
That's because people like me was calling while you were just waiting to fix itself.

I can wait. Well if you get yours fixed before i do ...make a post then? :-?

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 06:29 PM

Tell me what I can do and I'll help
I'm not even 18 yet though....

Vampy
Nov 19, 2014, 06:51 PM
If it's an outage not much we can do they have to get around to repairing themselves. Sure if we call might speed things up but you make it sounds like just us were affected in the pso2 community.

Sizustar
Nov 19, 2014, 07:10 PM
Tell me what I can do and I'll help
I'm not even 18 yet though....

Write email, file a BBB report?

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 08:07 PM
using the pso2 tweaker proxy.... ummm how risky is it really?
my palms are so sweaty right now
i feel like I might get immediately banned the moment i log on with tweaker proxy... holy shit.

un1t27
Nov 19, 2014, 08:10 PM
using the pso2 tweaker proxy.... ummm how risky is it really?
my palms are so sweaty right now
i feel like I might get immediately banned the moment i log on with tweaker proxy... holy shit.

Yo, just fucking use it and play .. if you get banned who cares man up an take the loss if that happens.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 08:14 PM
Yo, just fucking use it and play .. if you get banned who cares man up an take the loss if that happens.

yeap, not doing dat.
and why would i get banned o.O?
has anyone else got banned before for using it?

edit: ah fuck it, I just logged on with it YEAP I'M GETTING BANNED GG TO THE BEST GAME I'VE PLAYED IN AGES.
and how do i chat with those weird people in the chat log with those "[G-02], [G-05], etc." things next to their name?

The Walrus
Nov 19, 2014, 08:18 PM
It's not very likely you'll get banned for using it but the possibility does exist.

infiniteeverlasting
Nov 19, 2014, 08:27 PM
It's not very likely you'll get banned for using it but the possibility does exist.

yea i'm using it now, but do you kno how i can chat with the others using the proxy?

Vampy
Nov 19, 2014, 08:30 PM
Type !g

Noc Codez
Nov 19, 2014, 11:36 PM
Any update from verizon users ?

Scale of Judgment
Nov 20, 2014, 01:19 AM
New York Brooklyn Area, Nope.

dragonpride0
Nov 20, 2014, 02:01 AM
Negative from Dallas, TX area as well.

Would definitely like to know what to provide to Verizon tech support to get this issue resolved like it did when EP3 came. Anything like PSO2JP server's IP, DNS, ect?

SuKKrl
Nov 20, 2014, 02:32 AM
I can connect again now. My isp uses TWC routes though.

un1t27
Nov 20, 2014, 05:27 AM
If it's not one huge ass company that can't connect it's got to be the other.

Basras
Nov 20, 2014, 11:18 AM
That does make sense, and I am still unable to connect to the site normally

Noc Codez
Nov 20, 2014, 02:55 PM
I can connect again now. My isp uses TWC routes though.

What's your ISP and location ?

SuKKrl
Nov 21, 2014, 11:04 PM
What's your ISP and location ?

Virtua, currently working in Brazil

Shade_Koopa
Nov 22, 2014, 01:56 AM
Sucks that Verizon is no longer able to connect to PSO2.

I'm gonna give the PSO2 proxy settings a shot and see if it works.

dragonpride0
Nov 22, 2014, 03:11 PM
Working with a Verizon tech support rep right now. He did a tracert and is also getting the same issue, so he's working with a network tech in hopes of getting it fixed.

I'll update later with the chatlogs to let you guys how it goes.

UPDATE: welp as expected, they couldn't do anything on their side, just have to wait for Sega to do something on their side.

Chat Subject:Twitter
Your Question:Routing issue. Can no longer connect to online game server or the website "pso2.jp" since Tuesday 11/18/2014. Ran tracert and kept getting "G0-3-0-0.DLLSTX-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.217.88] reports: Destination net unreachable." on the 3rd hop.
A Verizon Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
Agent Todd has joined. (13:50:44)
Todd : Chat ID for this session is **********. (13:50:44)
Todd(13:51:19): Thank you for using Verizon Social Media Support, my name is Todd. I apologize for any delays, but I'll be glad to assist you with your issue today.
Todd(13:51:24): may I have the phone # on the account
Syao(13:51:57): *********
Todd(13:53:47): and real quickly while I'm pulling up the account can I have you verify the name and address on the account please
Syao(13:54:28): *********
Todd(13:54:48): ty
Todd(13:54:59): which online game server is it
Syao(13:55:17): Phantasy Star Online 2
Todd(13:55:57): can you paste your tracert to me please in this chat
Syao(13:57:47): C:\Users\Syao>tracert pso2.jp

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
2 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms L100.DLLSTX-VFTTP-79.verizon-gni.net [173.71.39.
1]
3 * G0-3-0-0.DLLSTX-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.217.88] reports: D
estination net unreachable.

Trace complete.
Todd(13:58:12): ok 1 sec
Todd(13:59:32): give me a moment I'm trying to see if I get the same thing
Todd(13:59:43): and I got the same thing
Syao(14:00:04): yeah alot of players who also have Verizon as their ISP are having the same issues
Todd(14:00:10): I'm contacting our network techs now
Syao(14:01:16): oddly, players who has Comcast and Time Warner as their ISP used to have the same issue, but have been able to connect properly now
Todd(14:01:31): interesting
Syao(14:03:32): This also happened about the same time it seems, and many of us believe it had to do with the backbone between the ISPs.
Todd(14:03:57): well normally there are atleast 5 hops before the backbone is reached
Syao(14:04:12): ahh ok I see
Todd(14:04:17): the first 2 hops are router and then the network
Todd(14:04:27): then the other 2 are verizon network hops
Todd(14:04:37): and the 5th is the actual back bone
Todd(14:04:53): its only getting to 3
Todd(14:07:43): I'm on hold for our network techs
Syao(14:07:52): ok no problem
Todd(14:13:22): I have a feeling that there is an issue with the japaneese site
Todd(14:13:37): because that version of the site won't pull up
Todd(14:13:43): the english version does
Todd(14:14:03): have you tried contacting them via their facebook page?
Todd(14:15:53): it doesn't look like we can do much in regards to this
Todd(14:16:08): it may be the gateway of the route to that particular portion of the site
Syao(14:16:33): ahh ok
Syao(14:16:47): might have something to do with Sega's ISP in Japan
Todd(14:16:52): yep
Todd(14:17:07): it appears the english version is up
Syao(14:17:09): still don't know how comcast and TWC are able to connect again
Syao(14:17:38): and at the same time they were able to connect again, Verizon went down
Todd(14:18:44): yeah not sure
Syao(14:19:45): well if there is nothing else you can do, thanks for trying to fix it. only way I can connect is to use VPNs and proxies
Todd(14:19:55): it has to do with backbone and routing table
Todd(14:20:05): yeah that's what it looks like
Syao(14:20:25): ok thanks anyways
Todd(14:21:11): not a prob
Todd(14:21:21): sorry we aren't able to get it running for you
Todd(14:21:31): You will have an opportunity to tell me how I helped you after this chat is closed with a survey. I appreciate any comments you may have. I hope that I've provided you with outstanding service. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any more problems with your FIOS service here at @VerizonSupport
Todd(14:21:41): have a great day
Syao(14:21:45): thanks you too

SodaJunky
Nov 23, 2014, 02:15 AM
Well, this at least gave me a good excuse to try the PS Nova Demo.

Pretty fun game, some of the features would be cool to implement in PSO2, and I'm glad Episode 3 actually has a few of them.

Urbancowgurl777
Nov 23, 2014, 02:34 AM
Wow, I wish Comcast tech support was like Verizon.

"So as you can see, no one from any ISP except Verizon and a few smaller ones around the world is able to connect to the website."

"Oh okay ma'am. Hold one moment please. Ma'am I'm going to help you fix the problem, can you try clearing your cache and restarting your browser? Please let me know if the page loads after that."

*Bangs head against desk*

reaper527
Nov 23, 2014, 02:36 PM
Wow, I wish Comcast tech support was like Verizon.

"So as you can see, no one from any ISP except Verizon and a few smaller ones around the world is able to connect to the website."

"Oh okay ma'am. Hold one moment please. Ma'am I'm going to help you fix the problem, can you try clearing your cache and restarting your browser? Please let me know if the page loads after that."

*Bangs head against desk*

don't worry, verizon customer service has it's fair share of morons. i had more than my fair share of face palm moments trying to deal with them the first time verizon lost access. they just seem to have some pretty good people too, and it seems to be a pretty even split.

Jaquecz
Nov 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
I think they love canadians more than mericans.
I'd go and download it but I REALLY wanna play smash bros.
Ah screw it i'll just pass the time with pokeymans

Noc Codez
Nov 23, 2014, 03:01 PM
The problem is on their side you need a higher tech support operator. Keep calling till you get a level 3 or 4 operator that's when they actually try to help you till then your'e going to keep hitting that brick wall aka the problem is on Segas side. You tell them the problem is in there back bone in which in this case there Global network. if the IP can't leave there Global network the problem is them not Sega.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms lo0-100.NYCMNY-VFTTP-312.verizon-gni.net [173.56
.244.1]
3 * T2-4-0-0.NYCMNY-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [100.41.200.244] reports:
Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

see #3 ? Global Network problem
problem is on there end.

SodaJunky
Nov 23, 2014, 07:41 PM
Okay, PSNova is fun and all but let's get back to reality.

Because you guys can enjoy your proxies neatly but I sure as hell don't have the right means to get this shit through on my Vita.

Anyone figure out a fix for Vita yet? I'm tryin to get in on some UQs here!

Sizustar
Nov 23, 2014, 08:02 PM
Okay, PSNova is fun and all but let's get back to reality.

Because you guys can enjoy your proxies neatly but I sure as hell don't have the right means to get this shit through on my Vita.

Anyone figure out a fix for Vita yet? I'm tryin to get in on some UQs here!

1) Set-up a VPN connection from PC to a place that can access PSO2 and then share that connection via ad-hoc wifi to PS Vita

2) Have a router with a VPN client

3) Set up a connection through a smartphone that can connect to PSO2.jp, and use the Vita to connect to it.

SodaJunky
Nov 23, 2014, 10:12 PM
Okay, I've got VPN connection up and running with my laptop as the hotspot and a proxy active.

However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the ad-hoc situation. Is there a specific setting for both my laptop and the Vita that I need for it?

Scale of Judgment
Nov 23, 2014, 10:42 PM
Okay, I've got VPN connection up and running with my laptop as the hotspot and a proxy active.

However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the ad-hoc situation. Is there a specific setting for both my laptop and the Vita that I need for it?

If your laptop is running as a hotspot, you would use the wifi option of the vita to try tethering.

Noc Codez
Dec 9, 2014, 02:21 PM
Any news on Verizon fixing the issue ?

un1t27
Dec 9, 2014, 03:56 PM
Any news on Verizon fixing the issue ?

inb4 fixed during next big update.. but as of now .. no thing has changed.

Dragon_Knight
Dec 9, 2014, 10:06 PM
Still waiting. -_-

Noc Codez
Dec 10, 2014, 11:10 AM
So has anyone called Verizon to aware them of the problem?

SodaJunky
Dec 15, 2014, 11:38 AM
So has anyone called Verizon to aware them of the problem?

I know a good few of us have called now, but the problem continues to persist.

Like un1t27 said, we might have it fixed in a couple days with the new update (since this problem cropped up during the last big update), but otherwise it's either change provider or proxy our way through :-?

I was using the proxy for a moment, but it's inconvenient with my house's connection setup. I've just been playing at Rikabeat's place with Comcast, since I'm moving to my own place in a couple weeks.