PDA

View Full Version : >price undercutting

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 08:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NZtrx0b.png

Yep.

Z-0
Nov 21, 2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah, these guys are doing it wrong. It's infuriating when people start undercutting by like 5-10% of the item's value instead of just doing a 1-meseta undercut.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 08:19 AM
Yeah, these guys are doing it wrong. It's infuriating when people start undercutting by like 5-10% of the item's value instead of just doing a 1-meseta undercut.

I was the first seller. I put mine up for 70 million meseta. The very next seller undercut me by 30 million meseta. Someone do me a favor, buy all those up and flip them, so that I can sell MINE for what it's actually worth. :V

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry, but how much meseta do you actually have? I can't form an opinion until I know that.

Meanwhile, I'm just gonna stay here in craftingville, where literally all my meseta goes.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 08:33 AM
As of right now? 16 million.

un1t27
Nov 21, 2014, 08:50 AM
It is what it is .. get used to it. Posting on here does nothing.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 09:00 AM
As of right now? 16 million.

Fair enough, you'd be okay to be upset someone is undercutting you. But its not gonna help here to post about it.

(to be honest, I think 70mil is too much for anything, but then I think the majority of things in this game is crap so yeah).

I'll be honest, I think this thread belonged more as a post in the BS thread in the off topic section, but I digress.

jooozek
Nov 21, 2014, 09:07 AM
delusions of grandeur

Hexxy
Nov 21, 2014, 09:11 AM
70mil for a camo?

isCasted
Nov 21, 2014, 09:13 AM
70mil for a camo?

That's right, it's too much. People try to get a reasonable price that would make people buy the damn thing.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 09:47 AM
You start out at an unreasonable price and it's supposed to slowly dip down until it reaches something people are willing to pay for it. It's not supposed to lose 95% of its initial price in 10 sellers.

jcart953
Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hahah you guys wanted 70 mil for that lol. Have you ever thought your price was maybe too high? I mean if you think your price is really worth that much (can't see why) then buy all the lower bids and re-sell. Honestly, though I always undercut people and will continue to do so.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 10:50 AM
I have a SH Trident. I bought it for 11 million meseta. Now it's worth 30~40 million meseta and slowly trending upwards, so.

Sizustar
Nov 21, 2014, 10:53 AM
The market determine what an item is worth, if it's not selling at the price you're setting it at, then it's too high.

jcart953
Nov 21, 2014, 10:54 AM
Lol I have one 2, but anyway that's not a SH trident. Point is not all camos are worth the same . Hell not all items are worth the same and obviously the price drop is reflecting that.

Edit: What Sizustar stated 2.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 10:56 AM
It's not selling at the price I was selling at because the first seller after me instantly slashed off 30 million meseta from my price. Then, when a second seller showed up, they undercut THEM by 100k. Then, the person who undercut me by 30 million meseta instantly undercut themselves by 15 million meseta. Third seller undercut them by 1 million meseta. So they dropped their price by 7 million more meseta.

The market didn't determine the price. Once very desperate person did.

Sizustar
Nov 21, 2014, 11:06 AM
It's not selling at the price I was selling at because the first seller after me instantly slashed off 30 million meseta from my price. Then, when a second seller showed up, they undercut THEM by 100k. Then, the person who undercut me by 30 million meseta instantly undercut themselves by 15 million meseta. Third seller undercut them by 1 million meseta. So they dropped their price by 7 million more meseta.

The market didn't determine the price. Once very desperate person did.

What you described is exactly the market determining the price.
If there is a demand for it, then it'll sell at a higher price, if not, then the price will be lower.

Posting on this forum won't change anything, you can either buy up all said item in the market, then set it at your price, or just wait and see if someone else will buy it, but as there are other that are alot cheaper then yours, that's not likely to happen.

What you wish to sell is not the market price, it's what you want to sell, but it's not what the buyers are seeing now, as there are more people selling it at a lower price, so that is it's current worth.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry, you must not be understanding my post. Try again?

isCasted
Nov 21, 2014, 11:12 AM
Everyone understands your post. Your price is undercut but this much because other sellers know in advance that nobody is going to pay that much. That's why this undercutting goes at higher rate - you made starting price unacceptable. Your price is so ridiculous it's comparable to those people who put items for 10 billion meseta just to make use of My Shop as extra storage.

If you want logic to see logic in their actions, try to see logic in your actions first.

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 11:12 AM
If the "market" didn't determine these prices, why not just buy up all these low priced items listed by the "desperate undercutters" and make a huge profit selling all your camo's for 70mil a piece?

:roll:

jcart953
Nov 21, 2014, 11:16 AM
Maenara reread his post. I'll do you a favor and summarize the important part it: What you wish to sell it for is not the market price .

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 11:17 AM
Because there's a difference between having enough money to spend 15 million meseta, and having enough money to invest 15 million meseta.

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 11:19 AM
So you don't have the confidence to invest your 15 million meseta when the "market value" of your camos is 70million? But there's such a huge profit you can make!

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 11:26 AM
So you don't have the confidence to invest your 15 million meseta when the "market value" of your camos is 70million? But there's such a huge profit you can make!

No, I need that money for other things. I don't have the luxury of spending all of my money and waiting for it to come back. There's risk, there's rate of return, and then there's time of return. I can invest 5000$ a month into a ROTH IRA and be a millionaire in 50 years when I retire, but if I only make 5020$ a month, that fucks me over in the short term.

dragonpride0
Nov 21, 2014, 11:44 AM
I seriously hope you're not trying to apply real world economic to a virtual market of an online game. The only law that applies here is supply and demand.

Get mad at the people who undercut you all you want, but if the players still aren't buying them at 1.5mil each then you can't really be mad those undercutters who still can't sell it.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 11:46 AM
Having taken personal finance and economics, and gaining a rudimentary understanding of the two, this thread is pure comedy gold.

I seriously hope you're not trying to apply real world economic to a virtual market of an online game. The only law that applies here is supply and demand.

Get mad at the people who undercut you all you want, but if the players still aren't buying them at 1.5mil each then you can't really be mad those undercutters who still can't sell it.

Except that the person who brought the price from 70m to 18m singlehandedly actually did sell their's. People just kept undercutting anyways. Clearly people don't understand the difference between "Sells fast" and "Sells low".

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 11:56 AM
No, I need that money for other things. I don't have the luxury of spending all of my money and waiting for it to come back. There's risk, there's rate of return, and then there's time of return. I can invest 5000$ a month into a ROTH IRA and be a millionaire in 50 years when I retire, but if I only make 5020$ a month, that fucks me over in the short term.

And yet you can't comprehend these "desperate undercutters"

Cadfael
Nov 21, 2014, 11:58 AM
Out of curiosity, who determined the "market value" was 70 million meseta?

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 12:00 PM
Maenara did, if only it weren't for those pesky undercutters!

Cadfael
Nov 21, 2014, 12:02 PM
Maenara did, if it only it weren't for those pesky undercutters!

Yes, that was what I was implying.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 12:03 PM
And yet you can't comprehend these "desperate undercutters"

Pretty sure they didn't invest anything to get what they got. If I had 10 stacks of Grind +1 Protects, I could sell them for 10k each, and they'd sure sell fast. Doesn't make it not a dick move to the people who were hoping to make more off of what they had for sale.

When you're undercutting by 10 million at a time, it's a little hard to find out just how much people are actually will pay for it. It'd be like Nintendo dropping the price of the 3DS from 250$ to 100$, instead of 180$ like they did. Now they know people will pay 100$ for it, but that's 80$ per unit they could have had that they lost by jumping the gun.

Mizalie
Nov 21, 2014, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU

This is pretty much all I'm getting out of this thread.

strikerhunter
Nov 21, 2014, 12:25 PM
So what I'm getting out of this thread is that someone's raging just because some sellers undercut his price on a weapon camo.

Want your thing to sell fast? undercut competitors. Want to sell faster? undercut more. As far as I understand economics, you win regardless as long as you still gain profits. You only lose when you earned less than what you spent. If the trend cutting continues to where you lose profits then that's the risk you put yourself into when entering the market.

I don't get why something so simple to understand is turned into a rant thread.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 12:27 PM
Who's raging now? I made an annoyed post, then I subsequently let it be known that I was also trying to sell Now that people know this, they're getting their feathers all ruffled saying I have no place to complain.

Fleuret
Nov 21, 2014, 12:32 PM
Clearly not a single argument gets across. Just stop.

un1t27
Nov 21, 2014, 12:35 PM
By making this thread you only asked for the responses you got in here. No need to take any of them the wrong way.

strikerhunter
Nov 21, 2014, 12:35 PM
It's just 1 item's price that got undercut, I doubt any sellers be annoyed because this happens often and especially during major updates.

Why complain over something that you don't have control over?

As far as I'm concern, making a post about it will do nothing but give people a bad impression on you (don't take it as an insult or anything).

jcart953
Nov 21, 2014, 12:40 PM
Having taken personal finance and economics, and gaining a rudimentary understanding of the two, this thread is pure comedy gold.
How can you make this claim yet clearly not understand what's going on.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
Really, all it would have taken for people to not get riled up would have been to not mention I was trying to sell one myself. People love a chance to make things personal.

It doesn't really matter! In the end, I always win - flipping prices and/or waiting things out is effortless. Just takes time. When I do profit, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

some sellers undercut his price on a weapon camo.

Please don't make assumptions about someone's gender. It's kind of rude.

Skyly
Nov 21, 2014, 12:59 PM
Just weighing in.
No one in their right mind will buy s weapon camp for 70m. You were being greedy and taking a long shot. Outright, if the weapon camo was worth 70m the ones that undercut would have been bought instantly. If they weren't then yeah.. It ain't worth 70mil.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 01:01 PM

It can be tiring to use a person's name all the time. Sometimes pronouns are better, and we're not always sure of a the gender behind the name because there are a ton of guys w/ female characters, and ladies that play as dudes. The way gaming and the internet is, its more or less commonplace to assume its a guy, due to the fact that for a long time this culture of our was dominated by males.

But now its getting better, with more balance gender wise. Not saying he (or she, I don't know) was right to make that assumption, just explaining the reasoning behind it.

Carry on with this thread of the frustrations that come from people undercutting prices.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 01:06 PM
Just weighing in.
No one in their right mind will buy s weapon camp for 70m. You were being greedy and taking a long shot. Outright, if the weapon camo was worth 70m the ones that undercut would have been bought instantly. If they weren't then yeah.. It ain't worth 70mil.

I never said it was. But people aren't exactly staring at the visiphone waiting to snipe low prices for any specific item, now are they?

It can be tiring to use a person's name all the time. Sometimes pronouns are better, and we're not always sure of a the gender behind the name because there are a ton of guys w/ female characters, and ladies that play as dudes. The way gaming and the internet is, its more or less commonplace to assume its a guy, due to the fact that for a long time this culture of our was dominated by males.

But now its getting better, with more balance gender wise. Not saying he (or she, I don't know) was right to make that assumption, just explaining the reasoning behind it.

Carry on with this thread of the frustrations that come from people undercutting prices.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/gaming-no-longer-a-mans-world-1408464249
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/
http://www.themarysue.com/lots-of-lady-gamers/
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/female-adults-oust-teenage-boys-largest-gaming-demographic/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=women+now+make+up+more+than+half+of+gamer+demog raphic

just sayin

Chdata
Nov 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Really, all it would have taken for people to not get riled up would have been to not mention I was trying to sell one myself. People love a chance to make things personal.

It doesn't really matter! In the end, I always win - flipping prices and/or waiting things out is effortless. Just takes time. When I do profit, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

You already made it personal when you mentioned you were trying to sell one yourself.

And just because someone types "his" once doesn't mean they're assuming anything. That's just called lazy typing and imo it's even more annoying to see someone get pissed off because someone 'didn't know' instead of just nochalantly correcting them. Callin' someone rude over 3 bytes of information.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 01:10 PM
It is rude. I can't imagine walking up to a guy and calling him a woman in real life just because he's too androgynous to be sure.

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2014, 01:11 PM
Just weighing in.

I don't think greed is a huge factor if you consider the item being sold. Sly Piper could only be obtained via a code from the PSO2 Expert Guide. Those codes have all since expired if they weren't used. Given Sega's track record of never re-releasing promo code items, one would put an item such as this into truly Limited Edition status (much like the PSPo2 Infinity Music discs).

Now if other people want to sell theirs for less, more power to them. But once they're sold and removed from the active market, the value can only go up, unless more are getting resold again...

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 01:13 PM
I never said it was. But people aren't exactly staring at the visiphone waiting to snipe low prices for any specific item, now are they?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/female-adults-oust-teenage-boys-largest-gaming-demographic/

just sayin

That also factors in mobile gaming, which... eh... isn't what I meant by gamers. I was keeping it strictly to consoles and PC. My fault for not specifying, I keep thinking its a generally understood thing when its not, which is bad on my part.

I did say more gender balance. I did not say who had more gamers or not, I just said it was more balanced than in the past. But I digress. You made your point, and I made mine. Nuff said, and no hard feelings.

Helvetica Standard
Nov 21, 2014, 01:13 PM
I put mine up for 70 million meseta.

Oh..dear lord. :eek:
What camo costs this much? this is a joke thread, right?
A very bad attempt at trolling, if that's the case.

You're the same as those people who sell 3* weapons for 100,999,999.
:etongue:

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 01:16 PM
I'm glad you made my quote bigger. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to read it!

I don't think greed is a huge factor if you consider the item being sold. Sly Piper could only be obtained via a code from the PSO2 Expert Guide. Those codes have all since expired if they weren't used. Given Sega's track record of never re-releasing promo code items, one would put an item such as this into truly Limited Edition status (much like the PSPo2 Infinity Music discs).

Now if other people want to sell theirs for less, more power to them. But once they're sold and removed from the active market, the value can only go up, unless more are getting resold again...

Like I said, I can only win in the end. Like it or not.:wacko:

edit: m-muh thread

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 21, 2014, 01:18 PM
You're the same as those people who sell 3* weapons for 100,999,999.
:etongue:

To be fair those are probly RMT dudes. I agree though, I felt like crap just spending a measly 5 mil on a camo, but buying one for 70 million, or even 30 million? Fuuuuuck no.

Chdata
Nov 21, 2014, 01:21 PM
It is rude. I can't imagine walking up to a guy and calling him a woman in real life just because he's too androgynous to be sure.

You can't compare real life to a game. Also, let's say you do walk up to someone who's androgynous. Are you gonna refer to that person as 'he or she' just to be safe? It'd come off as just as rude IRL until that person says they're used to it or something. Simply asking can be shaky territory sometimes.

Also the 50/50 f / m gaming thing is old, but I have yet to see demographics of what the genre splits for games are between f/m. Why? Because it still holds true that I only see almost a 1:60 ratio of girls to males in FPS shooters and games like PSO2. Most of the demographic studies you see only mention a demographic of "who buys games".

Games is very broad. That encompasses all game genres and comes to no surprise. But if you can find a statistic that 50% of CoD is girl gamers now I'll be really surprised. I think the whole misconception that only guys plays games stems from more of how in multiplayer games, there tends to be more guys. The masses can't as easily see who's playing what single player games.

If you wanna talk about rudeness, there's this greedy person posting a rant thread that's insulting everyone's freedom to sell things at whatever price they want at their convenience by likening them to ignorant idiots who has the gall to be complaining when people come back and say that s/he just seemed too greedy. Some people just want quick meseta and undercut hoping someone will buy faster. If I really thought something was worth 70m, and I had 15m left over, I would've bought at least the two that were around 1m in price. But you even go as far to ask that someone else steps in using their meseta to help with /your/ investment just so it'll profit you more? Talk about greedy.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 01:25 PM
You can't compare real life to a game. Also, let's say you do walk up to someone who's androgynous. Are you gonna refer to that person as 'he or she' just to be safe? It'd come off as just as rude IRL until that person says they're used to it or something. Simply asking can be shaky territory sometimes.

Also the 50/50 f / m gaming thing is old, but I have yet to see demographics of what the genre splits for games are between f/m. Why? Because it still holds true that I only see almost a 1:60 ratio of girls to males in FPS shooters and games like PSO2. Most of the demographic studies you see only mention a demographic of "who buys games".

Games is very broad. That encompasses all game genres and comes to no surprise. But if you can find a statistic that 50% of CoD is girl gamers now I'll be really surprised. I think the whole misconception that only guys plays games stems from more of how in multiplayer games, there tends to be more guys. The masses can't as easily see who's playing what single player games.

I agree wholeheartedly (although I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50/50 in CoD. I meet a lot of girls in that game for some odd reason).

Chdata
Nov 21, 2014, 01:32 PM
Oh well I don't play CoD, but in TF2 you generally find 1-2 girl in like 5 servers (of 32 people each).

In PSO2... I've seen 2-4 girls in the entire EN community. If I had to predict how many are here that I haven't heard of, following current trends you could add maybe another 4-6. Out of hundreds of EN. Of course since the DDoS the EN community has been downed as a whole.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 01:39 PM

If you wanna talk about rudeness, there's this greedy person posting a rant thread that's insulting everyone's freedom to sell things at whatever price they want at their convenience by likening them to ignorant idiots who has the gall to be complaining when people come back and say that s/he just seemed too greedy. Some people just want quick meseta and undercut hoping someone will buy faster. If I really thought something was worth 70m, and I had 15m left over, I would've bought at least the two that were around 1m in price. But you even go as far to ask that someone else steps in using their meseta to help with /your/ investment just so it'll profit you more? Talk about greedy.

15~40m x 7 < 40m

Your math is impeccable. And if you couldn't tell, it was a joking suggestion. Well, of course you didn't, that's your only fuel in this argument towards calling me greedy. If I were that greedy, I'd be playing the affixing game and have hundreds of millions. It's easy but just tedium.

Appealing to the majority by labeling everyone as guy until proven girl, is a logical fallacy at best, and sexist at worst. Let's not go there.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 21, 2014, 01:39 PM
Oh well I don't play CoD, but in TF2 you generally find 1-2 girl in like 5 servers (of 32 people each).

In PSO2... I've seen 2-4 girls in the entire EN community. If I had to predict how many are here that I haven't heard of, following current trends you could add maybe another 4-6. Out of hundreds of EN. Of course since the DDoS the EN community has been downed as a whole.

I haven't actually played CoD in a while, but thats what I remember.

But yeah. PSO2 has a surprisingly low female population as far as I can see. Then again, I don't think I should be surprised, which is a sad thing.

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 01:41 PM
Pretty sure they didn't invest anything to get what they got. If I had 10 stacks of Grind +1 Protects, I could sell them for 10k each, and they'd sure sell fast. Doesn't make it not a dick move to the people who were hoping to make more off of what they had for sale.

When you're undercutting by 10 million at a time, it's a little hard to find out just how much people are actually will pay for it. It'd be like Nintendo dropping the price of the 3DS from 250$ to 100$, instead of 180$ like they did. Now they know people will pay 100$ for it, but that's 80$ per unit they could have had that they lost by jumping the gun.

I understand how basic economics work (unlike some of us in this thread). You are making awful comparisons. For starters, Nintendo's 3DS is not in limited supply.

Go sell your "stack" of 10 Grind +1 Protects for 10k each. They will sell instantly because they are far below the market value, and your sale will not impact the market value of grind protects. By no means is this a "dick move" that will ruin anyone's profits. This is also an awful comparison.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 02:03 PM
It's a really easy argument tactic to just call every point your opponent makes awful. But that would also be a logical fallacy too. Analogies by their very nature are not exact, and likely to fall short in one or a few facets.

GreenArcher
Nov 21, 2014, 02:22 PM
I suppose it is much easier to redirect to examples that have nothing to do with the topic at hand rather than admit fault.

Sorry for all your lost profits.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 02:27 PM
Please enlighten me with an analogy that works for you.

Z-0
Nov 21, 2014, 02:29 PM

just sayin
Women do not outnumber men at all in the realms of what we would call "gaming". The ESA counts the following as a gamer:

- Has played a video game in the past 12 months
- Any genre
- Any system
- Any amount of time

So, this means simple smartphone games, for example, are being counted, and anyone who has played them for any amount of time is a "gamer".
There's no fault to these findings, it's showing that women are indeed a consumer in the market of video games, but there is a distinction to be made:

1. There are games which are designed simply as time killers.
2. There are games which are designed to be played casually with friends every so often.
3. There are games which are designed to be played in a hardcore manner, over a period of many days / weeks / years, and generally have a skill ceiling.

For the majority of women, they just play games simply as timer killers, or perhaps when their friends ask them to play something on the Wii, but a very few amount play games like we do -- 20+ hours a week on MMORPGs, and playing complex games such as AAA titles like GTA or Assassin's Creed (possibly bad examples, but you should know where I am going with this).

As for sauces:

The American Freshman: National Falls 2013 survey surveyed 165,558 freshmen going into University about a various amount of things, one of them being how often do you play video games in a typical week. (93,824 females and 71,734 males)

When it came to what we'd classify as "hardcore gaming" (20+ hours a week), 4% of boys responded they did just that, but only 0.6% of women responded that they did. This puts the gender gap in hardcore gaming at roughly 7:1 (m/f).

Check these tables if you don't believe me:

Males:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/cZWHS/2b9dd2f79f.png[/spoiler-box]
(Note here also that only 18.5% of males say they don't play video games at all in a typical week, eg: It's not really a hobby of theirs at all)

Females:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/cZWIy/da3246f590.png[/spoiler-box]
(Note here also that a staggering 64.9% of women say they don't play video games at all in a typical week)

Tables from here: http://www.heri.ucla.edu/monographs/TheAmericanFreshman2013-Expanded.pdf

Another thing to note here is what people classify as video games. Generally, smartphone games such as Angry Birds or Bejeweled aren't really regarded as video games by anyone (I mean, they are, but you should know what I mean here). Video games are considered to be things like console games and fully-fledged video games for the PC and the like.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of research into the specifics of gaming (because feminist rhetoric simply wants any statistic, no matter how flawed, to be able to push forward their ideology), but search any realistic study that properly parses people who play games from people who identify as a "gamer", and you'll see that women in fact do not outnumber men in typical video games.

If you want a quick fact check, please check the "fact check" of Christina Hoff Sommers' "Are video games sexist?" video on medium.com, which has many useful statistics about the real demographic of video game players:

https://medium.com/@cainejw/the-factual-feminist-a-factcheck-f5ae584f56da

Please don't post bullshit, thanks.

As an aside, please stop watering down the definition of sexism. Sexism is being discriminatory against a person simply because of their gender. It is not sexist to assume someone is X gender due to setting or appearance -- these are logical assumptions. Any level headed person would simply correct someone who assumes incorrectly and get about their day, instead of playing the victim card as you most definitely did.

It's like you're a feminist.

lnvisible
Nov 21, 2014, 02:31 PM
It's a really easy argument tactic to just call every point your opponent makes awful. But that would also be a logical fallacy too. Analogies by their very nature are not exact, and likely to fall short in one or a few facets.

While females have become more and more represented in the gaming population it's true that the majority of female gamers play mobile games which these studies include in their findings. If we were to take a look at for example MMORPGs while the female population is growing they're still the minority. Then if one applies the availability heuristic (in other words taking what seems to be the most probable occurance) most would deduce that any given person is indeed male. It's not sexist nor an insult it's merely a logical shortcut based on prior knowledge, don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 02:32 PM
Nah, I just don't know when to stop arguing. Look, I'm doing it now. It's my only flaw. I'm 100% fabulous otherwise.

lnvisible
Nov 21, 2014, 02:38 PM
Nah, I just don't know when to stop arguing. Look, I'm doing it now. It's my only flaw. I'm 100% fabulous otherwise.

Those types of flaws are generally categorized as fatal flaws. JS

Maenara
Nov 21, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm fabulous enough to offset it.

jooozek
Nov 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
#gamergate

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2014, 03:39 PM
Undercutting is part of the game, and some people go a little too crazy with it, sure, and end up bottoming out item prices. I can't count the amount of times I found an item worth a very nice amount, with almost none on the market, only tot put it up and get undercut immediately (then, the item in question ends up depreciating to less than half of its previous worth).

It's just how it goes, etc.

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2014, 10:48 PM
This thread made me smile. Thanks, OP. Be sure to let us all know when you strike gold, with all of that market expertise you have.

Oh and thanks to "Haters are my motivators!" as well. You never disappoint.

Noblewine
Nov 22, 2014, 10:39 PM
#gamergate

Whatever you do don't post that on the Mighty 09# forums. Dina will ban you. =/

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 22, 2014, 10:40 PM
I put mine up for 70 million meseta.
Maenara no

Noblewine
Nov 22, 2014, 11:41 PM
So this thread is about people undercutting each other over rares? The same thing happened in PSU so same story, no big deal. =/

Nitro Vordex
Nov 22, 2014, 11:55 PM
ITT OP doesn't understand capitalism

Noblewine
Nov 23, 2014, 10:08 PM
High five all around for inflating the economy and wanting to make monies over bits of data. =0