PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide PSO2 JP connectivity issues being fixed?

NekoUltima
Nov 22, 2014, 05:31 AM
Since the DDOS up until the 20th November 2014, I had to use a VPN to play as did many people. On the 20th, I noticed tweaker saying the servers are online when I didn't have my VPN connected. So I went in game without VPN on and it worked. I even checked the in game login history for my IP and it was there. Does this mean it's getting fixed now? How many of you can also connect now if you previously had to use a VPN. Maybe post your country and ISP here so we can get an idea of what areas are okay now. :-)

I live in the UK.
My ISP is talk talk.

Garteal
Nov 22, 2014, 07:05 AM
Ever since the last maintenance I'm able to execute a tracert to pso2.jp which goes past my ISP and a couple of hops more, but ultimately I still can't connect to pso2.jp.
I've contacted my ISP about this hoping they can shed a bit more on what's happening and once things are resolved I'll edit this post.

Telfort (AS41887) -> TATA COMMUNICATIONS (AMERICA) INC (AS6453)

http://abload.de/img/pso2-tracertpmlub.jpg

Edit 26/11/14:
Can connect normally again.

Edit 27/11/14:
Routes changed back to the old way and I can't connect anymore.

Neith
Nov 22, 2014, 07:16 AM
Sky UK, no connection yet. Still, good to see some UK ISPs getting back on and here's hoping the rest get access again soon.

Vandread
Nov 22, 2014, 07:31 AM
Netherlands, ISP Ziggo.

My traffic re-routed from my ISP (AS9143) through Tata Communications (AS6493).
It used to route through an AS belonging to Level 3 - which was exactly when it didn't work.

MDashK
Nov 22, 2014, 11:47 AM
Yeah, around here in Portugal, I have a friend of mine that is NOS and can connect again since yesterday. At work, I also have NOS access, but still can't connect (yet, I guess).
At home, I have Cabovisão, and although it makes the same route (pretty much the same already mentioned previously) I also can't connect yet...

There's an IP address that when he reaches it, it jumps to the site IP and it's done.
For me, at work or at home, when I reach that same IP address, I "get lost" and can't reach the final IP address (the IP from the pso2.jp site).

Anyways, I guess I can't connect for now, I belive in the next few days I might be able to get there. I guess everything is either coming back to normal, or this is just temporary.
Time will tell....

Also, this is already being discussed in this thread too:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223497

Nitro Vordex
Nov 22, 2014, 11:51 AM
Century Link in USA still don't work.

Anon_Fire
Nov 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
Cox in USA, nothing!

.Jack
Nov 22, 2014, 12:33 PM
Nope

5no's

silo1991
Nov 22, 2014, 12:58 PM
from mexico i cant conect anymore , i tried the proxy but the tweaker deny it even runing as administrator

uhawww
Nov 22, 2014, 01:20 PM
Comcast (Atlanta, GA, USA)

Working again!

Kiyumi
Nov 23, 2014, 03:52 PM
frontier - California

Was working for me as of yesterday, no VPN needed! I was surprised to see the "server status: ONLINE" but then the tweaker removed that. Why?!?!

Noc Codez
Nov 23, 2014, 04:34 PM
Verzion -NYC

Worked before Maint now it doesn't

pkemr4
Nov 23, 2014, 04:54 PM
Century Link -Virginia
still blocked

strikerhunter
Nov 23, 2014, 06:14 PM
Xfinity-California
Working for me since last maint.

Mattykins
Nov 23, 2014, 09:31 PM
Charter in Michigan, and it's still a no-go for me :V

Jei182
Nov 23, 2014, 09:37 PM
Comcast in Michigan. Still no luck. Would be nice since I finally have a gaming computer to play this on. *Edit* I'm able to get to the website now but tracerts and pings still time out after awhile.

Randomness
Nov 23, 2014, 09:54 PM
Comcast in MN, pso2.jp loads.

Rien
Nov 23, 2014, 10:04 PM
Here in asia. You don't need to know where because it doesn't work.

SodaJunky
Nov 23, 2014, 10:24 PM
Verizon FIOS - Pennsylvania.

No dice with site or game. Used a VPN and proxies, but since I play on a Vita it seems I'm still running into issues with connectivity.

(Also MN represent, Randomness. Lived there most of my life, and you can trust I miss it.)

solreaper004
Nov 24, 2014, 03:44 AM
Comcast in Michigan can connect to pso2.jp and the game as welll.

KazukiQZ
Nov 24, 2014, 03:53 AM
Here in asia. You don't need to know where because it doesn't work.
Sadness since 28th May :(

Halikus
Nov 24, 2014, 09:13 AM
This issue is NEVER going to be fixed from Sega's end. They have stopped publishing the route to their servers to non Japanese servers. If they were going to undo this then it would have happened a long time ago.

If you are lucky enough to be able to connect without VPN/SSH/Proxy then it means your ISP is using a provider inside Japan to serve requests from Japanese addresses which can then resolve the PSO2.jp address. If you can't it means your ISP's server for Japanese addresses is outside the resolution zone and thus no dice.

If you find yourself able to connect it just means your ISP's changed to a different server for Japanese requests that just so happens to be able to see a route to the PSO2 servers. Dont get too comfortable as this may well change.

Shinamori
Nov 24, 2014, 09:21 AM
It's actually YahooJP eho needs to publish the route needed to connect.

Hrith
Nov 24, 2014, 09:38 AM
ISP: Orange

Still blocked.

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2014, 11:25 AM
ISP: Orange

Still blocked.

Some people are able to access website, but not game servers.

ISP : Free

Not "blocked" anymore.

Same for Bouygues Telecom and $FR

Ce'Nedra
Nov 25, 2014, 07:07 AM
Netherlands, ISP Ziggo.

My traffic re-routed from my ISP (AS9143) through Tata Communications (AS6493).
It used to route through an AS belonging to Level 3 - which was exactly when it didn't work.

Does this mean you can connect normally again? I too have Ziggo but I haven't tried connecting normally in months.

Vandread
Nov 25, 2014, 08:07 AM
Does this mean you can connect normally again? I too have Ziggo but I haven't tried connecting normally in months.
Yup. Works just fine for me (former @home area), also works fine for a mate (former Casema area). Not like the areas should matter anymore, 'cause Ziggo more or less perfectly merged the networks together. Regardless though. =P

I'd say it feels just as smooth, if not even smoother, than it did pre-DDoS with this new route. You should give it a go tbh. The only thing you miss out on is the proxy-warnings for EQs... but eh... if it's not fixed for 'everyone', I'm sure you can find someone to give you a heads-up on EQs regardless.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 25, 2014, 08:45 AM
Yup. Works just fine for me (former @home area), also works fine for a mate (former Casema area). Not like the areas should matter anymore, 'cause Ziggo more or less perfectly merged the networks together. Regardless though. =P

I'd say it feels just as smooth, if not even smoother, than it did pre-DDoS with this new route. You should give it a go tbh. The only thing you miss out on is the proxy-warnings for EQs... but eh... if it's not fixed for 'everyone', I'm sure you can find someone to give you a heads-up on EQs regardless.

Interesting, I'm also pre @home area (near Breda/Tilburg). I will give it a try again tonight and hope I can connect normally again. Would save me paying for AWS once my free year is over (I didn't user the public Proxy and half my team has ES for EQs anyway :P Thanks for the heads-up :D

Vandread
Nov 25, 2014, 08:59 AM
(near Breda/Tilburg).
From Tilburg myself - works for me. So, you can be 99.99% sure it'll work for you then.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 25, 2014, 09:24 AM
From Tilburg myself - works for me. So, you can be 99.99% sure it'll work for you then.

Now that's interesting haha, never expected someone here that plays the game live this nearby, I live in Dongen :D

Seraphus
Nov 25, 2014, 08:46 PM
This issue is NEVER going to be fixed from Sega's end. They have stopped publishing the route to their servers to non Japanese servers. If they were going to undo this then it would have happened a long time ago.

If you are lucky enough to be able to connect without VPN/SSH/Proxy then it means your ISP is using a provider inside Japan to serve requests from Japanese addresses which can then resolve the PSO2.jp address. If you can't it means your ISP's server for Japanese addresses is outside the resolution zone and thus no dice.

If you find yourself able to connect it just means your ISP's changed to a different server for Japanese requests that just so happens to be able to see a route to the PSO2 servers. Dont get too comfortable as this may well change.

So it's just a coincidence that multiple ISP's in different countries are all starting to be able to connect again?

Well, was having major internet issues earlier today and now that they seem to be gone, I am able to connect without VPN or proxy. Cox Communications in California, btw. But yeah, I'm not getting too hopeful but nice to see I am able to connect without a buggy VPN or proxy right now.

Sizustar
Nov 25, 2014, 09:10 PM
So it's just a coincidence that multiple ISP's in different countries are all starting to be able to connect again?

Well, was having major internet issues earlier today and now that they seem to be gone, I am able to connect without VPN or proxy. Cox Communications in California, btw. But yeah, I'm not getting too hopeful but nice to see I am able to connect without a buggy VPN or proxy right now.

Yes, the ISP switched route.

Digital Pain
Nov 26, 2014, 04:14 AM
It seems after maintenance I can also connect to the server without the use of a proxy, I'm from the UK using Virgin Media.

Garteal
Nov 26, 2014, 06:11 AM
I can confirm. After clicking on the link in the "Server is up 11/26" thread I was suprised to see the website loading. I ran some traces after that and noticed a different route and I was reaching my destination this time.

Everyone should try and see if they can connect to the server now without the proxy.

Sirius-91
Nov 26, 2014, 07:17 AM
Using WAVE Broadband, can connect without VPN.

angrysquid
Nov 26, 2014, 07:30 AM
Can connect without AWS again - Kabel Deutschland.

Hrith
Nov 26, 2014, 07:32 AM
Some people are able to access website, but not game servers.

ISP : Free

Not "blocked" anymore.

Same for Bouygues Telecom and $FRNothing works here =/ I hope it's just a matter of time, now.

genesispso2
Nov 26, 2014, 07:40 AM
Well i can connect 2 pso2.jp now, when i use the official launcher i get as far as trying to sign in b4 it says "server timed out"

UK (london) BT boardband

VII C2
Nov 26, 2014, 07:50 AM
Virgin media, UK. I can gain access to pso2.jp and I can get on the game. But I cant login. It says "Server connection timed out". :(

Anon_Fire
Nov 26, 2014, 07:56 AM
Error 674 for me

NexusAZ
Nov 26, 2014, 07:57 AM
Charter plz

Akaimizu
Nov 26, 2014, 08:45 AM
I can confirm. After clicking on the link in the "Server is up 11/26" thread I was suprised to see the website loading. I ran some traces after that and noticed a different route and I was reaching my destination this time.

Everyone should try and see if they can connect to the server now without the proxy.

Nope. Still can't. Neither from ATT nor Comcast.

Alisha
Nov 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
i can connect with cox

Azure Falcon
Nov 26, 2014, 02:08 PM
Neither PSO2.jp or the game itself works for me, I'm using a BT Wholesale reseller in the UK. The Traceroute goes way further along though, it used to die just before leaving the UK, now it reaches Softbank before having trouble and dies completely at 158.205.76.236

Edit: Got a friend on BT Infinity to check for me. They can access the website and a trace follows the exact same path upon leaving the country, and then the website destination is 1 hop after where mine dies. So it seems BT Wholesale customers are still getting blocked on the final jump.

Neith
Nov 26, 2014, 02:48 PM
Sky Broadband (UK) and I can now access the website and game servers fine! Nice to finally use my own connection rather than a VPN or proxy again.

TheAstarion
Nov 26, 2014, 04:04 PM
Another Sky Broadband in the UK... Also able to connect with EE 4g which died a few weeks ago. Looks like my vita is going to get some use again.

Z-0
Nov 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
Sky Broadband able to connect to the game and servers, also.

I forgot to disable proxycap last time. :wacko:

Angry_Ryudo
Nov 26, 2014, 05:41 PM
Movistar ISP (Spain) is working again now. Can contact with update server (no longer error 107 or 103), game server (no 249?) and the webpage (no 404).

About time, lol.

Gardios
Nov 26, 2014, 05:43 PM
Can connect again, O2 Germany.

Time for me to catch up! :v

Dan Maku
Nov 26, 2014, 05:54 PM
Comcast, Appalachia. No more proxy. Playing the game the way God intended. ;3

Daiyousei
Nov 26, 2014, 06:05 PM
http://puu.sh/d6RdV/df4a6a5ba5.jpg

Optimum Online, working with pso2.jp, no dice with launcher yet.

Walkure
Nov 26, 2014, 06:06 PM
i can connect with cox
Holy shit, it does! I can load up pso2.jp without using a VPN!

Too bad my internet connection is having too many periodic outages to get anything done in game right now. I'd chalk it up to my apartment complex, but the campus wifi's been having connection issues too.

Goddamnit Cox.

Gwyndolin
Nov 26, 2014, 08:47 PM
I was so shocked and thrilled that Optimum has finally let me connect! Its really refreshing not to have to use Amazon anymore!

Daiyousei
Nov 26, 2014, 09:09 PM
yep confirmed optimum working with site and launcher now

Ryugi Kazamaru
Nov 26, 2014, 09:45 PM
Charter works for me. I played until I 630'd. Can still access pso2.jp though. Just server derps I guess.

Lego
Nov 26, 2014, 09:47 PM
Dont know if Sega has issues. But my able to connect without hoops day seems to be over.

Cant access the site and game anymore. It just started working again today Q.Q

Redecoded
Nov 26, 2014, 09:50 PM
I had access with charter for a moment, then I tried the launcher and it didn't work. Then I went back to the website and it stopped working. :no:

Seraphus
Nov 26, 2014, 09:50 PM
Dont know if Sega has issues. But my able to connect without hoops day seems to be over.

Cant access the site and game anymore. It just started working again today Q.Q
Well, Cox has no longer been able to connect as of approximately 6:19PM PST. Disconnected me at the final wave of a TD2.

Walkure
Nov 26, 2014, 10:04 PM
Lol, so much for dropping my VPN.

Have any of you Cox users also been having intermittent connection losses recently? There've been some really bad times for even casual browsing in the past couple of weeks.

Gardios
Nov 26, 2014, 10:30 PM
Can't connect anymore (O2 Germany). And all I did so far was adoring the Rappy slot machines...

WELP

Daiyousei
Nov 26, 2014, 10:38 PM
Well that was really shortlived too, site don't work launcher don't work now

DeificEpyon
Nov 26, 2014, 10:39 PM
Well that was really shortlived too, site don't work launcher don't work now

It sure was. My ISP is also Cox. I could connect to both the website and the game just fine earlier today. Such is not the case anymore. =/

PepperCat
Nov 26, 2014, 10:49 PM
On maybe a related note, my GameGuard is having issues updating.

Can't even get the game open since yesterday but I'm using Pingzapper.

Anon_Fire
Nov 26, 2014, 11:01 PM
It sure was. My ISP is also Cox. I could connect to both the website and the game just fine earlier today. Such is not the case anymore. =/

Same here on my end.

NexusAZ
Nov 26, 2014, 11:38 PM
DAMNIT

Killerwing
Nov 27, 2014, 12:01 AM
Canada here, and since that update, I've been able to connect without proxy. Still going fine at the moment.
My ISP is Videotron, though maybe it's also related to Bell.

Sara-hime
Nov 27, 2014, 12:20 AM
Oh wow! I checked at work around 6:30 and could check into the PSO2.jp website there. Then after reading the last few posts here, sure enough, this Cox cable user can't go to the site anymore as well. Updated the Vita version too. >_<

Well I paid for 3 months of WTFast, so I guess it's getting some use either way. -_-

Walkure
Nov 27, 2014, 12:25 AM
Does Verizon still not connect, or will I be unable to play PSO2es anymore?

Z-0
Nov 27, 2014, 02:28 AM
Also can't connect with Sky. Disappointing since I just re-downloaded the Vita version. . _.

Garteal
Nov 27, 2014, 06:53 AM
Yeah can't connect anymore either. Looks like they went back to their old route.

Digital Pain
Nov 27, 2014, 11:50 AM
In the UK here using Virgin Media could connect to the server yesterday without a proxy but now can no longer connect, that didn't last long :(

Angry_Ryudo
Nov 27, 2014, 12:03 PM
Movistar can't connect again. I can see the website but can't reach update server o.o

jooozek
Nov 27, 2014, 12:41 PM
i could connect yesterday but can't anymore

Alisha
Nov 27, 2014, 12:53 PM
i could connect yesterday but can't anymore

this_

Flaoc
Nov 27, 2014, 12:54 PM
so far still able to connect on time warner cable

Zangor17
Nov 27, 2014, 01:07 PM
i can still connect to the site. not sure about the game because im at my family's house for thanksgiving right now. Comcast was working early this morning and is still working as far as i can tell.

Sara-hime
Nov 27, 2014, 01:25 PM
Still no go, although strangely, the main PSO2.jp page now loads, but veering off to other areas of the site is still not possible. And can't log into the game with a vanilla connection either.

UltATK
Nov 27, 2014, 01:27 PM
seems like i can connect to everythnig again. gonna have to make a new account tho since i deleted email account and they wanted email verification a while back. i dont know if i wanna play anymore tho. i shall wait for american version maybe. :-?

Neith
Nov 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
Yep, can't connect again :lol:

Back to VPN...

Garteal
Nov 27, 2014, 01:53 PM
Still no go, although strangely, the main PSO2.jp page now loads, but veering off to other areas of the site is still not possible. And can't log into the game with a vanilla connection either.
That's because pso2.jp is cached unto your system. Clear your browser cache, etc and it won't "load" anymore.

NoiseHERO
Nov 27, 2014, 02:12 PM
Can't access pso2.jp anymore, so assuming same goes for the game.

Knew this would only be temporary but only a day or two is pretty quick.

Garteal
Nov 27, 2014, 02:39 PM
It's because the servers visibility changed again and it might fluctuate for a while. So don't get too comfortable when you can connect as it might disappear again until the ASes stabilize things.
You can stay updated here (https://stat.ripe.net/widget/visibility#w.resource=210.189.208.0%2F23) (monitor your location and IXP location. the higher the % the higher the chance is you can connect)
(here's (https://stat.ripe.net/210.189.208.0%2F23#tabId=routing&routing_routing-status.resource=210.189.208.0/23&routing_routing-status.min_peers_seeing=0) the whole page)