PDA

View Full Version : Going Online

Dark B.
Nov 22, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hello there.

I had years to play my pso (gc) and all of a sudden it came back to me to play again.
Actually something has hit and I've been playing old games again (also visited Zelda OoT and Majora, Donkey Kong 64 etc) and I thought how's my character doing on PSO!

Anyway, after the first one hour that took me to get back in the game, and remember how it's done, I remembered that the last time I was hunting for Red slime to get me that freaking Lavis Cannon. Well, after 4 Red Slimes the last 2 days it's still a dream that didn't came true yet.

Back in the old days I never tried to go online (how foolish of myself) to play with others. Yes, my main character lvl 162 redria is all offline experienced! And I was wondering if I can go online to play right now. I read that there are actually still players that been playing pso in 2014 and that there are private servers.

And I'm asking: I've been playing PSO now from Wii (my GC is at my parents house). Is it possible to get online via Wii? If not, I should buy a modem for GC (i think it will be easy to get me one on ebay) but how am I gonna connect to a private server? I am totally ignorant of these stuff, online connections etc, so can anyone help me to get online?

I really want to get online and play with other pso freaks (hell yeah) and play some quests that are only online that i've missed. I even have tons of weapons that I cannot use (mostly for Forces) and I'd love to exchange them in order to get me the weapons I could never get my hand on!

Thx in advance for any help!

SStrikerR
Nov 22, 2014, 09:48 AM
You need to use a GameCube. You'll need a broadband adapter (not the modem), an Ethernet cord, and a router to plug said Ethernet cord into. We can't explain publicly how to connect, but someone can help you via PMs or something.

Dark B.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:06 AM
That would be really helpful!
Anyone that knows from this stuff to help me i would really appreciate it!
Better get my GC and a broadband adaptor then!!!

Kroniedon
Nov 22, 2014, 04:23 PM
You need to use a GameCube. You'll need a broadband adapter (not the modem), an Ethernet cord, and a router to plug said Ethernet cord into. We can't explain publicly how to connect, but someone can help you via PMs or something.

Wrong.

You can use a Wii to connect. We can't tell you how to do it here, but each of the Western Private server's has a dedicated section of their forums for Wii Connection, be it a post or a whole section. You'll know it when you find it. Or you could just google "PSO Online Wii" and you'll probably find something.

SStrikerR
Nov 22, 2014, 05:08 PM
Chill, dude.

Looks like that's true, Wii is an option as well. I haven't played PSO GC online since like 2008.

If you have a decent computer, you could also look into playing Blue Burst as well/instead, if that interests you.

SodaJunky
Nov 23, 2014, 02:41 AM
I still play PSO1 on occasion, love it to death.

I had ******** hooked up at my old place, but I moved so I'll have to try to rebuild it with my old Gamecube. Once I do, I'm 100% for getting Vintage Stream online to enjoy the runs.

Dark B.
Nov 23, 2014, 06:17 AM
Chill, dude.

Looks like that's true, Wii is an option as well. I haven't played PSO GC online since like 2008.

If you have a decent computer, you could also look into playing Blue Burst as well/instead, if that interests you.

Can you transfer your data (characters etc) to Blue Burst? If not, I dont think it is worth to gather all that stuff I ve already found! it took me ages back then :P

I'll try to find what Kronedion said and hook up my Wii right away!!!

wesnip
Nov 23, 2014, 11:55 PM
I've been doing the same, playing offline by myself and split screen with friends. I've always been interested in pursuing online gameplay. Can anyone help me out with what to do?

SStrikerR
Nov 24, 2014, 09:41 PM
Can you transfer your data (characters etc) to Blue Burst? If not, I dont think it is worth to gather all that stuff I ve already found! it took me ages back then :P

I'll try to find what Kronedion said and hook up my Wii right away!!!

Depends. Some sever admins for BB will allow you to transfer your items. Most of the time they let you do that from one BB server to another, but I'm sure there's a server that would allow you to transfer your GC levels and items to their server.

I've been doing the same, playing offline by myself and split screen with friends. I've always been interested in pursuing online gameplay. Can anyone help me out with what to do?

We can't specifically tell you how to connect, but there are plenty of private servers out there for PSO. If you were to somehow combine "PSO" and "private server" in google, you might just find what you're looking for. However, be forewarned that the GC population is not very large. If you're looking for a healthy amount of people to play with, you're better off switching to Blue Burst.

Dark B.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:50 AM
Quick question. If no one is online at the time you log in into the private servers on GC, can you play online on your own? Or you'll have to play with others howsoever?

Has anyone suffered from data loss (erase your character save, lose items in bank, etc) while playing online? Due to server breakdown for a example. I read something about that somewher and I wan to know if its true.

Thx

Rapid99
Nov 25, 2014, 01:02 PM
Quick question. If no one is online at the time you log in into the private servers on GC, can you play online on your own? Or you'll have to play with others howsoever?
You can solo just fine...if you are the only one player on the server or if there are others on.

Has anyone suffered from data loss (erase your character save, lose items in bank, etc) while playing online? Due to server breakdown for a example. I read something about that somewher and I wan to know if its true.

Corruption of the memory card can happen(but that's like going for a walk on a sunny day and getting hit by a car...can happen but the chances are low)...more or less there are 2 problems you will encounter(or not) EW(endless warp ->eternal loading screen) or FSOD (Frozen Screen of Death->you get a frozen screen and a nasty sound with it) at that point you lose all your unequipped items in your inventory(not the Bank inventory).

There are also programs to back up your MC, probable easier done on the Wii.

Rapid99

Dark B.
Nov 25, 2014, 04:53 PM
Or have a copy of your data (charecter file) on an other gc memory card, right?

Kroniedon
Nov 25, 2014, 04:55 PM
What Rapid99 said. The chances of it happening are slim, and there's always someone around who can restore your data should anything happen.

Your data is far safer on GC than it is BB. With GC, you own your data and can hop between servers with the same characters as much as you want. With BB, your character is tied to that server, and you have to suffer from roll backs, database outages and errors, etc.

Dark B.
Nov 29, 2014, 05:21 PM
Anyone knows if its ok to use an USA broadband adapter with an EUR GC???
I've searched all over the ebay and the europeans ones are far more expensive than the US!
Why is that, does anyone knows?
Any tips of any good internet store to find a EUR BD adaptor?
If its against the rules to mention sites or stores or whatever, please pm me :)

Kroniedon
Nov 29, 2014, 11:59 PM
Anyone knows if its ok to use an USA broadband adapter with an EUR GC???
I've searched all over the ebay and the europeans ones are far more expensive than the US!
Why is that, does anyone knows?
Any tips of any good internet store to find a EUR BD adaptor?
If its against the rules to mention sites or stores or whatever, please pm me :)

An American Broadband Adapter will work. The Broadband Adapters aren't region locked.

Gunbladelad
Nov 30, 2014, 12:42 AM
I can confirm 100% that they will work - as I use a US BBA in one of my own Gamecubes.

Dark B.
Nov 30, 2014, 05:48 PM
The Broadband Adapter is on its way :D