PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Yu Suganuma looking to implementing AND search function(Search Multiple affix in Shop

Sizustar
Nov 22, 2014, 09:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XgjSA3M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mZHsFYL.jpg

No set date yet.

Source: G-heaven
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2014/11/141122a.html

Stickboy
Nov 22, 2014, 09:55 AM
how would you guys fix that search function?

Raujinn
Nov 22, 2014, 10:09 AM
I can't wait for AND to be disabled during EQs later.

wefwq
Nov 22, 2014, 10:32 AM
What kind of search function, though?
We already got arks search.

Kikikiki
Nov 22, 2014, 10:33 AM

Obviously special ability search.

wefwq
Nov 22, 2014, 10:46 AM
Obviously special ability search.
Huh, we already have that too but the problem is it only let us grab 1 specific ability name at time.

It'll really nice if they let us search multiple at a time, but isn't it will give server more load? I don't want to see new feature that only will be taken down shortly or not being usable at all time (disabled when EQ, or disabled semi-permanent for server load investigation)

Kikikiki
Nov 22, 2014, 10:58 AM
Huh, we already have that too but the problem is it only let us grab 1 specific ability name at time.

It'll really nice if they let us search multiple at a time, but isn't it will give server more load? I don't want to see new feature that only will be taken down shortly or not being usable at all time (disabled when EQ, or disabled semi-permanent for server load investigation)

Yes, that is exactly what he is looking to implement. You can see at the first picture, there's quartz soul and power 3, and in the second picture the weapon searched had those two.

But I guess it would just go down after a week due to server load anyway.

Flaoc
Nov 22, 2014, 11:08 AM
cause upgrading to new servers is too hard for sega

ShinMaruku
Nov 22, 2014, 11:35 AM
I know it's fun to bash sega for being cheap but getting new servers is not easy.

Shinamori
Nov 22, 2014, 12:00 PM
I so want that. Searching for more than one affixes would help a lot.

Sizustar
Nov 22, 2014, 04:02 PM

The ability to search for Affix A "AND" Affix B

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
Oh my god. Game dev of the year. PSO2 GOTY 2014.

Netro Shine
Nov 22, 2014, 07:12 PM
This is a super niche question, but does anybody know what kind of storage methodologies and search algorithms SEGA uses for the Item Shop on the Visiophone?

TaigaUC
Nov 22, 2014, 08:41 PM
I knew they wouldn't bother overhauling the GUI.
It's still the worst game shop GUI I've ever seen.

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 22, 2014, 08:51 PM
I knew they wouldn't bother overhauling the GUI.
It's still the worst game shop GUI I've ever seen.
you would have loved PSU then lol

GreenArcher
Nov 22, 2014, 10:01 PM
The best was in Vanilla PSU: you searched for an item, it showed players that had the item for sale. You then had to transport to their room, view their shop, see the item at a retarded price, and do it all again.

Ordy
Nov 22, 2014, 10:54 PM
This is a super niche question, but does anybody know what kind of storage methodologies and search algorithms SEGA uses for the Item Shop on the Visiophone?

The MyShop data are stored in a SQL table, that table is most likely indexed so the server will perform a binary search after a SELECT.

The MyShop table, storage, search methods aren't that bad, it doesn't usually take too long to get the results. However, the MyShop GUI has a terrible design.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 22, 2014, 10:59 PM
search/10

Aquanos
Nov 22, 2014, 11:21 PM
Finally! No longer do I have to lose money after finding a 4s Quartz soul with power III on it and was too lazy to search for nearby prices so just sold it for the price of a Power III 4s.

Sanguine2009
Nov 23, 2014, 12:54 AM
keep it up Suganuma!

Netro Shine
Nov 23, 2014, 03:03 AM
If they're using a table designed using a relational data model, doing an AND search should be child's play in comparison to most other manipulations in the game I would think...

There are a lot of updates that could be made to the GUI as a whole, I do like that SEGA's been implementing small improvements in an iterative fashion, but a lot of aspects of the user interface do need improvement, and I feel that SEGA would benefit greatly from allowing us at least some level of customization in our HUD. Not all players function in the same way, so allowing us to place different indicators in different positions may help us prioritize and arrange our design to maximize how we'd like to play.

landman
Nov 23, 2014, 04:37 AM
PSU post expansion search was far superior to pso2, elements and grinds you could type key words to search for them, any amount of key words, and of course it had a min and MAX for price and rarity... I want to buy food for my mag, don't show me 10*!

Achelousaurus
Nov 23, 2014, 08:47 AM
I know it's fun to bash sega for being cheap but getting new servers is not easy.
Oh yes it is.
They just need more of them, is all. Slap on a load balancer and done.

Inb4 sql injection.

The best was in Vanilla PSU: you searched for an item, it showed players that had the item for sale. You then had to transport to their room, view their shop, see the item at a retarded price, and do it all again.
omg lmao.

PSU post expansion search was far superior to pso2, elements and grinds you could type key words to search for them, any amount of key words, and of course it had a min and MAX for price and rarity... I want to buy food for my mag, don't show me 10*!
Yeah, any developer with a couple of weeks sql experience can write you that code in 5 minutes.
And the point is, better search = less lag.
Atm the search shows far too many results and fetching and displaying them eats a hell lot of unnecessary resources.