PDA

View Full Version : The unbearable EQ lag

Urbancowgurl777
Nov 22, 2014, 06:25 PM
Sega recently took down the servers to investigate what was causing the EQ lag, and I didn't really understand what the problem was because I hadn't been lagging too badly. However, for the past few days, I've been experiencing freaking terrible lag during EQs for seemingly no reason on my end.

I have no lag in any other types of quests, or the game in general, but in EQs I literally cannot do anything helpful for my team. Apparently I run around with 0 HP still hitting stuff, but on my screen it shows that I have full HP (I'm aware I'm dead though after taking a beating <.<). The damage I take and deal both take sooo long to register. Sometimes I'm unable to use PAs or switch weapons (which is client-side which makes it all the more confusing). Most times when my teammates have finished the quest and are waiting in the camp ship to go again, I'm still out on the field killing monsters with my teammates' ghosts. ._. When boss EQs finish, by the time the death cinematic finishes playing and I go to pick up drops, everyone else is already done and gone. Wth?

I've tried connecting through normal means as well as a VPN and had the same results through both methods. I don't see anyone else complaining about the EQ lag (apparently some are though, since Sega was investigating it).

Sooo is anyone else experiencing this? Did Sega actually "fix" the problem last week? I feel like it can't be on my end since I'm only experiencing it in EQs. ):

TehCubey
Nov 22, 2014, 06:42 PM
Question: do you have lag only in eqs, or each time you're in a MPA with other players? If you run a quest solo it's all done client side, so you won't register any lag no matter how bad it actually is.

Urbancowgurl777
Nov 22, 2014, 07:01 PM
I haven't noticed any lag in regular MPAs but I'll reconfirm later tonight. :3=

Z-0
Nov 22, 2014, 07:28 PM
If you run a quest solo it's all done client side, so you won't register any lag no matter how bad it actually is.
This is incorrect. Everything is still server-side related (so weapon switches, damage registration, enemy spawns, etc. etc) so you will lag even if playing solo.

Source: A lot of ruined Time Attack runs.

I really wish everything was client side if solo.

Dephinix
Nov 22, 2014, 08:07 PM
Loser was pretty bad, but doable. My buddy did get stuck trying to change weapons for a whole Adrios run though.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 22, 2014, 08:10 PM
Sooo is anyone else experiencing this?

I've been experiencing exactly the same issues ever since the XH/UQ update. Really frustrating because I don't know what can be done about it, if anything, and I've been disconnected multiple times during XH EQs, the only content that I want to run in the first place.

Guessing Sega's at fault, but that would be the least comforting answer, because then it means waiting for them to fix it.

Gama
Nov 22, 2014, 08:13 PM
to the people experiencing said lag, are you using the public proxy?

if so i can explain how to counter the lag.

Phantom Rain
Nov 22, 2014, 08:15 PM
i have this problem too. i get this lag only in EQs and the UQ on full blocks

wefwq
Nov 22, 2014, 08:23 PM
Massive lag has been around since shironia EQ update.
Lag itself become much bearable after each update maybe thanks to SEGA disabling some server bloat but it's still lagging.

TaigaUC
Nov 22, 2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah, still getting lag here. I'm no longer using proxies, either (yay).
Honestly doesn't seem any different from when I was.

Last I heard, the lag was officially allegedly caused by chairs in the lobby, free partner lists, mail/friend notifications, and people looking up other player's info during EQs.

My opinion? The lag is caused by people switching blocks. Blocks that everyone is transferring into become EXTREMELY laggy during EQs.
When you switch blocks, you are logged out and logged back in. The server has to process those login requests, then send all the character data for everyone near the block transfer spawn points.
Considering how many options PSO2 has for character customization, and how tons of people often stand right next to transfer spawn positions, I'd imagine that to be a fairly large amount of data.
And this is being sent to every person transferring into blocks. There's always a lot of transferring during EQs, often at the same time.

A JP friend suggested that blocks that fill up long beforehand may be less likely to lag because there aren't as many block transfers occurring. No idea if this is actually the case.

The other major suspect for lag is the constant map updates that were added in episode 3.

pkemr4
Nov 22, 2014, 08:31 PM
better remove them tables now

Gama
Nov 22, 2014, 08:37 PM
well, i use the public proxy, what i found to resolve my problem is use hotspotshield to connect to it, and then boom, no lag.

Urbancowgurl777
Nov 22, 2014, 09:00 PM
Glad to know others are having the same problem as me (or appear to).

And no, I'm not using the public proxy. Also the VPN I was using was Hotspot Shield and I experienced the same issues as I am now with no VPN/proxy/etc (Comcast).

pkemr4
Nov 22, 2014, 09:07 PM
im using AWS and i experience lag during XH Falz

Sizustar
Nov 22, 2014, 09:19 PM
Sooo is anyone else experiencing this? Did Sega actually "fix" the problem last week? I feel like it can't be on my end since I'm only experiencing it in EQs. ):

No lag, I don't use Proxy or VPN though.

Remz69
Nov 22, 2014, 09:34 PM
today i had insane lag (no EQ, almost empty ship, my connection is fine), i connect normally.
twas the same for a friend of mine

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 23, 2014, 04:51 AM
i have been getting lag spikes like crazy since the update i thought it was on my end but maybe not...idk now

Rien
Nov 23, 2014, 08:41 AM
to the people experiencing said lag, are you using the public proxy?

if so i can explain how to counter the lag.

Do explain please

Sizustar
Nov 23, 2014, 09:02 AM
No lag during the DF EQ, server was pretty full.

Gama
Nov 23, 2014, 09:19 AM
Do explain please

already did.

in some cases lag is your connection to the proxy being choppy "my case"

so im using a vpn server to properly connect to it.

solved my problem

Urbancowgurl777
Nov 23, 2014, 02:48 PM
No lag during the DF EQ, server was pretty full.

Last night I didn't have much lag during the EQ, which was really surprising. My hits were registering and I wasn't running around with 0 HP a lot. However, the DF EQ earlier in the day was so terrible it led me to make this post. I did one Apos run and called it quits after that.

I've been doing SH on block 11 and there seemed to be less people playing at night when I did the non-laggy run. Maybe it's so bad during the day because of all the players hopping blocks like someone suggested.

I haven't noticed any lag in regular MPAs but I haven't played with 12 people in one non-EQ MPA, so can't comment much on that. Urban Recovery hasn't been that bad either. I don't recall any issues with Trick or Treat 3. The main ones I'm having issues with are the Winged Vanguard and Dark Falz Arms EQs, during the day (US). <.<

TaigaUC
Nov 24, 2014, 01:59 AM
Well, I keep seeing lag in EQs. Enemies, hit points, etc randomly pause for a while, or enemy positions keep teleporting.
A JP friend often complains about the lag too, which makes me think it's not just me.

I guess I'll ask around and see what other people are experiencing.