PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Mode Lore?

ignika98
Nov 25, 2014, 12:19 PM
Is there any explanation as to what happened to Naberius and its natives in ultimate mode? Did the darkers corrupt it? If so, then why do the darkers look different as well? Also what is up with Anga Fandarge? Why does it look like a photon blast? and why do the ultimate mode infection cores look like its eyes? What is it?

So many unanswered questions...

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 12:56 PM
Something about an alternative future for Naberius.

Photon Blasts were developed from research about darkers. Anga Fandarge, like darkers, has a light weakness, a core that forms the basis of its body, and similar visuals in its attacks. It also bears a resemblance to SH infection cores, which also look like PBs. Essentially, it is all but stated to be the end result of a darker infection. If it helps any, here is its enemy type: 歪極獣. I believe it's been translated to "Distorted Creature".

UQ infection cores resemble Anga Fandarge because it is basically a living infection core. It actively infects the other enemies around it. Whether future enemies like it will have unique core appearances, or they will all have a similar eye, they are responsible for infecting everything in UQs.

Vintasticvin
Nov 25, 2014, 01:03 PM
Yep yep *high fives Apprentice* Darkers wrecked stuff :3

Shinamori
Nov 25, 2014, 01:11 PM
I assume it's whatever happen to Nab after Falz Elder's resurrection. Story-wise, we never went back to Nab after that.

Anduril
Nov 25, 2014, 01:15 PM
I assume it's whatever happen to Nab after Falz Elder's resurrection. Story-wise, we never went back to Nab after that.
Actually, you do go back to the Ruins in Ep.2 (not just the time travel parts), and there is never any mention of any real kind of damage to Naberius; plus, I think Ep.1's EX chapter takes place after Falz, and that is entirely on Naberius.

ignika98
Nov 25, 2014, 01:55 PM
Something about an alternative future for Naberius.

Photon Blasts were developed from research about darkers. Anga Fandarge, like darkers, has a light weakness, a core that forms the basis of its body, and similar visuals in its attacks. It also bears a resemblance to SH infection cores, which also look like PBs. Essentially, it is all but stated to be the end result of a darker infection. If it helps any, here is its enemy type: 歪極獣. I believe it's been translated to "Distorted Creature".

UQ infection cores resemble Anga Fandarge because it is basically a living infection core. It actively infects the other enemies around it. Whether future enemies like it will have unique core appearances, or they will all have a similar eye, they are responsible for infecting everything in UQs.

Damn, I didn't expect that. I just thought that none of it would be explained and we were supposed to just go with it. Top lel.

EDIT: So basically photon blasts are domesticated darker infection cores?

Poyonche
Nov 25, 2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe Ultimate is a Naberius region where darkers corrutped everything (Thanks Captain Obvious) ? *high fives Double*

Like hum... 15794 Darchyme explosions and 147 Baize explosions ? :0

Rakurai
Nov 25, 2014, 02:57 PM
I'm assuming each UQ is going to have its own new boss based on each of the SH infection cores.

Anga Fandarge is based on the eye-shaped one, which leaves the avian, insectoid, and hand-shaped cores.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 03:21 PM

Maybe Ultimate is a Naberius region where darkers corrutped everything (Thanks Captain Obvious) ? *high fives Double*

Like hum... 15794 Darchyme explosions and 147 Baize explosions ? :0

The Naberius that features Forest/Tundra/Ruins is completely fine and untouched by Ultimate Naberius' presence. Ultimate Naberius is an alternate timeline. Apparently Xiao explains it, I don't know where.

And yeah, as was stated, Naberius has been revisited in story mode. Inexplicably, Dark Falz Elder using the planet as a launchpad did not damage it one bit. Even so, Ultimate Naberius has new objects orbiting it, which DFE launching off the planet could not have been responsible for.

I'm assuming each UQ is going to have its own new boss based on each of the SH infection cores.

Anga Fandarge is based on the eye-shaped one, which leaves the avian, insectoid, and hand-shaped cores.

Dunno, they could be based on each PB instead. Anga Fandarge heavily resembles Ajax. It also gives 5 PBs to work with, and there are currently 5 planets (discounting ARKS ship and Darker's Den since they aren't technically planets). The basic three infection cores match up with each darker category though, and Anga Fandarge = jellyfish = aquatic life form = eye-shaped infection core, so you could be right. Just seems strange that Anga Fandarge lacks a lightning weakness if that was indeed what it was based on, and causes issues with the third tier hand-shaped core, since it doesn't exactly seem to have any proper basis (can't be toy since toys weren't a thing until a year later).

EDIT: So basically photon blasts are domesticated darker infection cores?

More or less, yeah. Think the same can be said for mags in general.

Sanguine2009
Nov 25, 2014, 04:29 PM
would make sense for mags/PBs to be based on darkers, its a nice call back to the original PSO.

Maenara
Nov 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Naberius is not alternate dimension. The quest description states that it's a region of isolated corruption caused by an unknown source. Anga Fundarge is also stated to be an unknown thing, and it is likely whatever is responsible for Anga is responsible for the corruption.

"Unexplained phenomenon that changes the environment is dramatically with observation of abnormal values ​​in the local region of the planet Naberius has been confirmed.
You can not afford to keep on standing still this has also confirmed native species of accident in the peripheral.
As a research and investigate the cause of the Kano region ...... "壊世zone", to perform the dispatch of ARCS with a certain capacity of more than."

Rakurai
Nov 25, 2014, 05:35 PM
I presume this is one of the signs of the Profound Darkness' impending return that Persona mentions at some point.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Naberius is not alternate dimension. The quest description states that it's a region of isolated corruption caused by an unknown source. Anga Fundarge is also stated to be an unknown thing, and it is likely whatever is responsible for Anga is responsible for the corruption.

Huh, someone said it was an alternate future Naberius elsewhere on the forum. Great, contradictions. Since the quest description confirms what you say, I'm gonna have to go with that. I actually like this explanation less, but Sega's gonna Sega. At least it means there's a higher probability of UQ enemies expanding to other quest types.

Anga Fandarge is officially described to be similar to a living infection core, definitely actively infects other enemies, and is officially categorized as a Distorted Creature. If it's said to be an unknown thing in-game, it's probably a case of information available to the players that isn't available to the characters in-game. There are things that are known about it, just, characters don't know about it.

Though, there is plenty that's still unknown about it. How it came to be, what its exact relationship with darkers is, why it actively infects other enemies, stuff like that, so it's still an accurate assessment to call it an unknown thing. Just not completely unknown.

Yayate
Nov 25, 2014, 06:38 PM
Huh, someone said it was an alternate future Naberius elsewhere on the forum. Great, contradictions. Since the quest description confirms what you say, I'm gonna have to go with that. I actually like this explanation less, but Sega's gonna Sega. At least it means there's a higher probability of UQ enemies expanding to other quest types.

Now why would you prefer something that hasn't been hinted at in the slightest and would be an asspull over something that has been foreshadowed in MB17, 3-1 and 3-2? There's no contradiction, I haven't seen Xiao say anything about the place and it definitely seems like regular Naberius.

Matoi's tree is in the UQ maps, after all. It's probably something related to either her originally being found on Naberius and her 'favourite spot' being there, or Elder's awakening finally setting off a chain of events combined with that.

Naberius didn't show the changes yet, but the changes were described as sudden. It's definitely in a part of the forest we've visited before, though.

I presume this is one of the signs of the Profound Darkness' impending return that Persona mentions at some point.

Most likely.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 07:31 PM
Well, if it was an alternate future of Naberius, then it could easily be hand waved as to why we suddenly have Tundra and Forest natives inhabiting the same region and having developed very similar characteristics in a short period of time, despite normally living in a completely different environment that requires different adaptations. But instead we suddenly have the two inhabiting the same environment, having developed radically different abilities (fire breathing birds and mammoths? Really?) side by side, despite their significantly different origins. Not to mention the color of the sky changing. That is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, games don't have to be realistic, but we have Parallel Areas. Would it have been so far fetched within the game's continuity to have had Ultimate Naberius be similar to them? Already got absolutely bizarre happenings with the Parallel Areas as is. But I guess it is explained by what you've said, so no biggie.

By contradictions, I mean only what I've heard from other people, not anything about the game. As it turns out, the alternate dimension stuff comes from this line from Xiao.

シャオの見立てによると「異常侵食ではなく、別の時間軸の元々のものに置き換わってしまった」とのことだが …

Google Translate mangles this quite heavily, but here's what it says.

The "not the abnormal erosion, it had replaced the original ones of another time axis" According to resemble Xiao Although thing with ...

Trying to unmangle it a bit:

"According to Xiao, an abnormal infection from another time axis has replaced the original ones".

So alternate timelines are in play here, just, the planet itself is the original. Maybe I just misread before or something when I thought I saw Ultimate Naberius being described as from an alternate timeline. Doesn't really make a difference.

An alternate timeline Naberius could still have Matoi and the other chain of events in it, but that's completely irrelevant to the matter anyway.

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2014, 07:47 PM
It's just Distorted Space/Maghara. All Falz's have the power to create one at any given time. Distorted Space is used to help release Profound Darkness. Things that go on in Distorted Space are Time Distortions, Altered Realities thanks to Falz's/Past Falz's Memories, Holes in Sub-Space, Mind Control ....etc. Nothing new to the PS franchise.

The Eyeballs are Tributes to the Eye of Rykros, So that could make Naberius a possibility of being a Rykros over time?

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 25, 2014, 07:56 PM
So this is more like a bubble then. If we look at this as if this is what reality was if our character never existed, then the infection here could simply be the built up negative energy from Falz never getting released by Getemhart

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2014, 08:00 PM
^Jonathan_F - Yes, That is correct if you look at the shuttle animation it's a purple bubble on the planet. Also a movie example would be the newer Lost in Space with it's bubble.

Gama
Nov 25, 2014, 08:13 PM
^Jonathan_F - Yes, That is correct if you look at the shuttle animation it's a purple bubble on the planet. Also a movie example would be the newer Lost in Space with it's bubble.

thats actually a great example "love that movie"

Laxedrane
Nov 25, 2014, 08:13 PM
Well, if it was an alternate future of Naberius, then it could easily be hand waved as to why we suddenly have Tundra and Forest natives inhabiting the same region and having developed very similar characteristics in a short period of time, despite normally living in a completely different environment that requires different adaptations. But instead we suddenly have the two inhabiting the same environment, having developed radically different abilities (fire breathing birds and mammoths? Really?) side by side, despite their significantly different origins. Not to mention the color of the sky changing. That is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, games don't have to be realistic, but we have Parallel Areas. Would it have been so far fetched within the game's continuity to have had Ultimate Naberius be similar to them? Already got absolutely bizarre happenings with the Parallel Areas as is. But I guess it is explained by what you've said, so no biggie.

By contradictions, I mean only what I've heard from other people, not anything about the game. As it turns out, the alternate dimension stuff comes from this line from Xiao.

シャオの見立てによると「異常侵食ではなく、別の時間軸の元々のものに置き換わってしまった」とのことだが …

Google Translate mangles this quite heavily, but here's what it says.

The "not the abnormal erosion, it had replaced the original ones of another time axis" According to resemble Xiao Although thing with ...

Trying to unmangle it a bit:

"According to Xiao, an abnormal infection from another time axis has replaced the original ones".

So alternate timelines are in play here, just, the planet itself is the original. Maybe I just misread before or something when I thought I saw Ultimate Naberius being described as from an alternate timeline. Doesn't really make a difference.

An alternate timeline Naberius could still have Matoi and the other chain of events in it, but that's completely irrelevant to the matter anyway.
Wasn't their a stink in episode one made by some characters saying that the fact tundra even existed didn't make ecological sense? To the point you do testing for that one character that later has attempts on his life made?

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah, actually, but that had to do with Dark Falz Elder being sealed inside the planet, and made for great foreshadowing that Dark Falz Elder had ice related abilities, something he would not demonstrate until he powered up when Utterly Profound and later SH rolled around.

Guess when you put it like that, darkers just plain screw up ecosystems wherever they go. I always found it ridiculous that Malmoths and Yedes existed at all in the Tundra when they had only 40 or whatever years to adapt to the suddenly growing Tundra area, and have no equivalent within the Forest region, as if they had gone extinct there. Even DFE being sealed inside Naberius should not be responsible for that stuff. But eh, whatever.

Darkers.

saraishadow
Nov 25, 2014, 09:14 PM
Darkers.
https://i.imgflip.com/el3o8.jpg

Renvalt
Nov 25, 2014, 09:20 PM
What's interesting to note is how much Anga Fandarge resembles Elder. Elder got unsealed out of a giant purple tree located deep in the ruins (you get a glimpse of it as you progress through Tundra; it's a constant background object there as well).

Elder himself looks like a Sea Anemone mixed with a Bodhisattva (Buddhist who has achieved Enlightenment). The arms of Elder, when attached to the body, make Elder come off as Vritra, the Dragon of Naraka in Hindu folklore.

This bit actually explains Elder's thunder weakness, as Vritra was slain by Indra, Hindu God of Thunder; Vritra being an Asura (basically an evil being in Hindi lore, the good guys were the Vedas), and us serving the side of light (making us Vedas if we go from the lore standpoint). The Vita Wands drive this point home, as they slightly resemble Vajras (Hindu word which means either "thunderbolt" or "destruction", often seen in the hands of Buddhist monks).

Now how does this relate to Anga Fandarge? Recall that Siddhartha (the original Buddha) had sat under a fig tree to attain enlightenment (known as the Bodhi Tree, which is a real tree in India). The Darchyme-esque core at the bottom of Anga resembles a fig or peach, perhaps even a closed lotus. The little "eye" thingies that float around him (which he uses as laser sword conduits) remind me of seeds, rather than eyes.

tl;dr - Elder has a lot of Buddhist/Hindu inspirations in his concept; but they aren't readily apparent. This relates to Anga because he also has these, but they, too, aren't as apparent.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 25, 2014, 10:38 PM
Isn't Elder weak to lightning because he's a fish darker? They're all weak to lightning. Don't really buy the sea anemone comparison. He's got fish-like fins on his arms, and Falz Arms even have fish-like faces with their jaw structure. Looking at Wolgahda and cyclops/Wonda darkers, that much already qualifies his physical structure as an aquatic darker. Falz Hunar himself only vaguely at best has aquatic traits, those fins on his back that remind me of lion fish (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Pterois_volitans_Manado-e_edit.jpg), and that's kind of stretching it. Now, Elder, with his 6-8 arms, does kind of resemble a Bodhisattva, but I don't think it goes any further than that. Honestly, he looks more like something inspired by Lovecraft more than anything.

I don't think those 4-6* wands go any further than being based on Vajras. That much is kinda obvious with the lightning bolt-esque designs on them, but really, there can't be any special meaning to that.

Dark Falz Elder was not sealed inside a tree. He was sealed in a stone monument near the tree. Given that Anga Fandarge heavily resembles Ajax (the PB, not where the original holder of the name), I see no reason to believe any of the religious stuff goes beyond a simple basis for Elder's multiple arms and the basic design of some wands.

https://i.imgflip.com/el3o8.jpg

Thank you. I wanted to post that but I wasn't about to look all over the place for it. Gonna have to save this.

Agastya
Nov 25, 2014, 10:47 PM
it's definitely post-elder considering there's a giant chunk missing out of the northern mountains, though i believe that the arks are partially responsible for the corruption as well.

you know what naberius natives were all mostly weak to? fire.
you know what naberius natives mutated into? fire-related stuff.

i expect lilipa will have wind weakness and shoot lightning bolts everywhere, and depending on what amduscia region we get we may end up fighting dragons that use dark 'techs' while being weak to light instead or traversing a lava cave that spams freeze everywhere.

but hey, not like i haven't been wrong before.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 25, 2014, 10:51 PM
it's definitely post-elder considering there's a giant chunk missing out of the northern mountains, though i believe that the arks are partially responsible for the corruption as well.

you know what naberius natives were all mostly weak to? fire.
you know what naberius natives mutated into? fire-related stuff.

i expect lilipa will have wind weakness and shoot lightning bolts everywhere, and depending on what amduscia region we get we may end up fighting dragons that use dark 'techs' while being weak to light instead or traversing a lava cave that spams freeze everywhere.

but hey, not like i haven't been wrong before.

And then we'll go to the ruins portion of naberius where darkers use light attacks, and are weak to dark!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140310004650/fallout/images/b/b5/Exploding-head.gif

Renvalt
Nov 25, 2014, 11:35 PM
-snip-

Bit of info regarding that tree in the background of Ruins (note: spoilers ahead):

EP1-8's first conflict with Elder doesn't tell you what happened after Zeno told you and Echo to pick up Shina's unconscious husk and make scarce. Casra actually survived that sortie (heavily in part because Zeno ALSO told him to GTFO).

When you next visit the place in EP2-2, Xiao pretty much gave your power to rewind time a bit of a boost. Zeno goes "missing" partly because of your intervention, and partly because him staying out of sight avoids Luther getting all panicky and feeling like his plan is in danger.

During this fight, Elder pretty much ends up in the same weakened state as Luther post-fight CS. The difference is that Maria failed to kill him with her Genesis due to the fact that Persona cockblocked her (she could have, given a bit more time on it). That gave Elder enough time to get up in the air and fly straight into the big pink tree in the horizon (which now that I think about it, looks more like a stray strand of coral than a tree - which would make more sense considering Elder's Aquatic theme). Flying into this restores the remainder of Elder's sealed power, which allows him to take the form he does in Utterly Profound.