PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Any Recommendations on a Laptop?

Shade_Koopa
Nov 26, 2014, 02:43 AM
I'm looking into getting a laptop this holiday season. It will mainly be used for back up, in case my Desktop is out of commission or I'm on the go. I would like it for at least to play PSO2. Is they any laptops you could recommend?

I did find one on Amazon I wouldn't mind getting. Would this laptop (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NNQF3DC/ref=psdc_565108_t3_B00K2O4TGU) be able run PSO2?

wefwq
Nov 26, 2014, 02:54 AM
I think that model will run just fine with low settings (graphic slider level 2 or 3 with some tweak), and will run almost flawless if you turn off shaders.
Just remember to keep everything default and disable blur from game option.

jooozek
Nov 26, 2014, 03:20 AM
if you don't mind running on simple shaders then yes, it will
don't think you will get any good framerates on normal shaders though

Shade_Koopa
Nov 26, 2014, 10:36 AM
Kinda figured the shaders would push this laptop to the limit. Any laptop you guys can recommend that will allow pso2 shaders?

Sizustar
Nov 26, 2014, 11:02 AM
Kinda figured the shaders would push this laptop to the limit. Any laptop you guys can recommend that will allow pso2 shaders?

That would depend on your budget.

wefwq
Nov 26, 2014, 11:04 AM
I'm using ASUS K46CB atm, for playing some games and other daily use.

Running PSO2 with medium setting floating around 60fps, but will still experience lag if there's too much effect on screen, or unholly cross burst in the middle of map with excessive weather effect.
Overall it werks and "playable".

Gama
Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 AM
gives us a price limmit its easyer to find you something.

Shade_Koopa
Nov 26, 2014, 04:39 PM
Price limit? I guess Under 500 dollars would be my budget, unless some more money comes flying in or something. And I'm not expecting to play at High graphics. Just optimally at medium settings and such.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 26, 2014, 05:01 PM
Price limit? I guess Under 500 dollars would be my budget, unless some more money comes flying in or something. And I'm not expecting to play at High graphics. Just optimally at medium settings and such.
If 500 dollars is your budget, I recommend you spend some time researching laptops and benchmarks, because I'm concerned you don't have an idea of how much power you need for games.

I'd probably recommend to not depend on integrated graphics alone.

SakoHaruo
Nov 26, 2014, 05:23 PM
If you were about to purchase that laptop for gaming you might as well get something older with a 460m, 560m or 660m for the same price. Yes, the same price as that laptop you were going to buy and these cards can run PSO2 at least 4 shader 1080p with a stable 60fps.

Shade_Koopa
Nov 27, 2014, 12:19 AM
If 500 dollars is your budget, I recommend you spend some time researching laptops and benchmarks, because I'm concerned you don't have an idea of how much power you need for games.

I'd probably recommend to not depend on integrated graphics alone.

Oh I know not to get an integrated card. I think the one Amazon shows isn't an integrated card but an ATI dedicated laptop GPU.

If you were about to purchase that laptop for gaming you might as well get something older with a 460m, 560m or 660m for the same price. Yes, the same price as that laptop you were going to buy and these cards can run PSO2 at least 4 shader 1080p with a stable 60fps.

If that's the case, then wouldn't the Nvidia 820m be a better card because it's a newer model?

Also, found this on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-551-T5SV-15-6-Inch-Midnight/dp/B00K2O4THY/ref=sr_1_4?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1417066414&sr=1-4#customerReviews) as well. Is this any better?