PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Yu Suganuma preparing major update for PSO 15th annivesary..

Sizustar
Nov 26, 2014, 06:00 AM
For PSP2i, for Phantsy Star Online's 10th annivesary, he implemented planet Ragol from PSO1.

He has stated that after the new Big boss Magatsu during december update for PSO2 Episode 3 2nd Major update, and PSO's 15th annivesary
He has prepared a new "system(システム)" that players from PSO will recognize and be suprised by.

So...Any guess on what the system will be?

Source
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2014/11/141126a.html

Keilyn
Nov 26, 2014, 06:30 AM
Hmmm...PSO...Here were my favorites and worse..

Favorites:

Drops:
Turning Monster Parts that were drops into weapons themselves. Those were fun, along with all of those fake agitos looking for the real one.

Maps and Areas:

Endless Nightmare was my favorite. Unique maps for events, etc...

Shops
I remember the shop changed items but that is not a system since it was really mostly tech disks.

???? + General Combat System
There were weapons that had ???? and had an activated ability up to four levels. My favorite was the combat system that allowed me to use Normal Attack, Heavy Attack, and Special Attack. These were basic keys towards playing the game. The pretty thing was that there were also multiple Percentages. Rather than have Elemental Damage, there were Race-Type Damage. Natives, Dragons, Machines, Dark percentages...., not to mention the lower the weapon used was ranked, the higher the Monogrinder grind worked. I remember Saber+255s. Of course a lot of weapon specials were simply replaced by photon arts.

Attribute Cap:
When players reached the maximum level, they were not at maximum attributes. There were attribute enhancers throughout the game which increased attributes by a minimal amount permanently. In fact players were always after the ones that increased Luck. Basically your character attributes were around 85 - 90% of maximum at maximum level and then one would use the items to eventually reach max cap.

Class Naming Scheme:

Perhaps the most unique thing to PSO-1 game to me was the class system in which a player would have Race and Gender encapsulated with the class in front. I always played as Hunewearls and Fonewearls and I do Fighter/Techer in this game to a certain way that almost emulates PSO-1 HUnewearls....since I can do a lot with wands as a fighter...and have a damage solution for 0 PP.

Things I hated the most:

Section ID:
Nothing pissed me off more than having to play the same characters with different IDs. In fact if we didn't know what the IDs meant, we could doom ourselves.

Forced Maps:
Originally players went through Forest, Caves, and Mines. Then upon reaching ruins they had to go back to the other maps and activate three obelisks or whatever they were to open the door to ruins...

That pissed me off....but not as much as the whole section IDs....where only 4 - 6 of them were useful and the others were garbage :(

Rare Drop Rate:

Equipment was cut off at around level 85 - 89 for armors....but then you had to go through a really shitty drop rate for better things. By really shitty...there were players who would literally create Run-Records of 200 - 400 runs looking for a single drop.

Episode III....

This whole series every Episode III is different in one way or another. Sure, i could appreciate the card game but I loved the music in Episode III a lot better. But last I checked in Episode III the enemies were called Arks also were they not? ...and we went around summoning monsters. (yeah! I'll summon a few thousand boomas up your ass too)

Elemental Set:

I hated the whole "Three Enemies, Same Family, all weak to different element." which is why I rather used anti-Native Weapons.

Ok, Things I really miss:

I miss the classic creatures that were 2D creatures turn 3D. I miss Grass Assassins, Pan Arms, and I actually miss the Sorcs the most...I dont mean crappy Luda Sorcs that got driven out of their ruins and are shit compared to the other sorcs...

Before we had Chaos Sorcerers, and then in PSU we had Gaozorans who were really good buffed up. I mean shit...I remember how fast Delsabers were....

I wrote it before, I but I miss Normal Attack being phased out in favor of Photon Arts. Its always now that 0 PP = character is rendered useless..unless I use my wands I brought over to fighter and can hit for 5 digit numbers.

Amazing when in Ultimate Mode everyone loses 100 PP and Im the only one in the field actually hitting for 5 digit numbers.

...but still......Losing Normal Attack, Heavy Attack and Special Attack has always made me sad ;(

Ok here is my list...
I hope their system is not making flowers that cast megid...:)

Syklo
Nov 26, 2014, 06:40 AM
More lobbies?

Rien
Nov 26, 2014, 06:40 AM
Equipment was cut off at around level 85 - 89 for armors....but then you had to go through a really shitty drop rate for better things. By really shitty...there were players who would literally create Run-Records of 200 - 400 runs looking for a single drop.

600 runs later I still don't have a dragon slayer

Ezodagrom
Nov 26, 2014, 06:42 AM
From datamining, from like 5~6 months ago.

New weird lobby areas: ChallengeLobby (0103--0100 is the main lobby), Shooter (0105).
Maybe challenge mode? Would be nice....

wefwq
Nov 26, 2014, 06:43 AM
finally, update where there's actaully content update that not just new costume, map or enemy.
I hope this update really hits and make the game more enjoyable in long run.

Sizustar
Nov 26, 2014, 06:50 AM
Soccer Lobby?

Keilyn
Nov 26, 2014, 07:16 AM
thanks Ezo..

Challenge Mode was the best....and I loved the way that worked out. No excuse if you couldn't work as a team through it. ;) I forgot about that mode...guess I am getting old :(

EvilMag
Nov 26, 2014, 07:19 AM
Most likely Day Dawns playing in the lobby.

Xaeris
Nov 26, 2014, 07:23 AM
A familiar system...hmm...oh, I know, I know! Word Select! Finally, at long last, I'll be able to properly communicate my love of bonsai trees once more.

Kinaya
Nov 26, 2014, 07:26 AM
Battle Mode :O

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2014, 07:28 AM
From datamining, from like 5~6 months ago.

Maybe challenge mode? Would be nice....

I'm all up for actual skill-only preset gear/levels/class+race combos challenge mode.

Cause fuck time attack.

Unique lobbies we should've gotten long time ago, to make up for killing PSU's visual lobbies. even if impatient people didn't like them because it took an extra 5 seconds to warp to mission you wanted to spam.

Hrith
Nov 26, 2014, 07:39 AM
I'm all up for actual skill-only preset gear/levels/class+race combos challenge mode.People would still dash.

landman
Nov 26, 2014, 07:57 AM
If it's a game mode from PSO it's either VS or Challenge

Sizustar
Nov 26, 2014, 07:58 AM
If it's a game mode from PSO it's either VS or Challenge

The word he used is System.

landman
Nov 26, 2014, 08:14 AM
Then I can't think in a system that PSO had and has not been improved in PSU and/or PSO2 (mail, friend card, symbol art, team, MAG....). Wait..... Materials??????

oratank
Nov 26, 2014, 08:21 AM
adding "miss"

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 26, 2014, 08:42 AM
.Beat Time (AKA Swatch Internet Time)

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2014, 08:45 AM
People would still dash.

They gotta work with dat preset gear doe or hope daggers/dual blades drop

Not that rankings will mean much with extremely easy to get trainer tho.

Xaeris
Nov 26, 2014, 08:50 AM
adding "miss"

Even as a joke, this isn't funny.

Poyonche
Nov 26, 2014, 09:00 AM
adding "miss"

It was so annoyiiiiing D:

If challenge mode I hope for S-Rank Weps.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 26, 2014, 09:30 AM

I would love this so much.

Sayara
Nov 26, 2014, 09:33 AM
NOLing.
(im sorry)

Fusionxglave
Nov 26, 2014, 10:11 AM
the level 200 cap system.

I would definitely recognize that from PSO episode 1 and 2

Digital Pain
Nov 26, 2014, 10:39 AM
I hope it is a Challenge mode, I want S rank's back along with weapon specials like berserk, paralysis etc.. oh and the ability to name the S ranks too.

wefwq
Nov 26, 2014, 11:13 AM
>He has prepared a new "system(システム)"
>Everyone else suggest about new quest type
c'mon guise

I hope it'll related to customizations.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2014, 11:15 AM
No!

Reading is for yellabellies, it's gonna be challenge mode.

Selphea
Nov 26, 2014, 11:22 AM
Stat mats? >_> I doubt it.

Maybe Tsumikiri weapons

Xaelouse
Nov 26, 2014, 11:49 AM
Will it actually impact the game in a good way and not be some useless addition

Hexxy
Nov 26, 2014, 12:19 PM
+60 grinds.

(without the 100% success chance)

doomdragon83
Nov 26, 2014, 12:47 PM
Grinding never failing, just need the grinders.

....yeah, with the filthy Dudu face in existence, this won't happen

cheapgunner
Nov 26, 2014, 01:22 PM
Even as a joke, this isn't funny.

Evasion. Just imagine facing Luther SH and you "miss" one of the dark swords and it falls on you, killing you 'cuz you "missed" too many times. Or how about facing Ultimate Del Malmoths and missing a crucial attack, only to get wtfstomped into pattycakes by one of them charging about.

:p

Lostbob117
Nov 26, 2014, 01:27 PM
Hey, they released that new 3DS, maybe it'll be on that as the new system.

cheapgunner
Nov 26, 2014, 01:56 PM
Hey, they released that new 3DS, maybe it'll be on that as the new system.

Maybe the 1st 4 PS games from the old days remade for the 3DS. :[]

That might be kinda cool.

Sanguine2009
Nov 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
specials for weapons are my guess, probably something that takes up a PA slot. (yes i know we have a few weapons with built in PAs but this is slightly different)

Hexxy
Nov 26, 2014, 04:07 PM
I think specials would be corny if they are not innate to the weapon. It worked in PSO1 because there weren't PA's so it was either use the special or attack normally.

yoshiblue
Nov 26, 2014, 04:39 PM
Off the top of my head,

-Return of Section IDs

-Return of old mag blasts, new mag blast evolution system.

-Return of mag hand offs for unique mags; just like the days of old.

-Return of beats time and its usage in certain content: new or old.

-A certain children's card game

-A morgue (Find dead bodies, turn them into card people, gain new allies; Yaaaay!)

-Talis gain a new feature or a new tree/class

-New subplot featuring man dude robo man Kireek.

-Restoration weapon subquests

-Soccer lobby xtreme 3000 2.0 HD Hyper edition

-New lobbies/maybe even new create you own lobby/team room pioneer2 lobby. You know. The one with the shops and the techer and the mission counter and the medical center and the two giant warp gates?

-Return of the president, new president missions. (Are you a bad enough dude to help the president?)

Lostbob117
Nov 26, 2014, 04:45 PM
I think specials would be corny if they are not innate to the weapon. It worked in PSO1 because there weren't PA's so it was either use the special or attack normally.

If they replace the thing from shift on a weapon and give them their own special, I think that would be a unique, cool idea.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 26, 2014, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing a Hunter's Guild.

It'd be a new system for gather CO's, instead of having to run around like a jackass, though we do have the recommended CO thing already. Or it could be story based CO's.

Although, system is vague. Hell, he just might mean whatever system Ragol is in. so we can get on back to ragol and eat shit and die

yoshiblue
Nov 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
Would be a good excuse to introduce a new ruins and jungle.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
Episode 2 stuff would be pretty damn cool. Jungle would be awesome.

Hexxy
Nov 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
If they replace the thing from shift on a weapon and give them their own special, I think that would be a unique, cool idea.

It would have to be either an additional new hotkey-able button or something with a passive chance to work, rather than flat out replacing the guard mechanic (which a lot of things rely on, such as jet boots, gears, etc).

Also inb4towardsthefuturelololol.

Edson Drake
Nov 26, 2014, 05:53 PM
Off the top of my head,

-Return of Section IDs

-A morgue (Find dead bodies, turn them into card people, gain new allies; Yaaaay!)

-New lobbies/maybe even new create you own lobby/team room pioneer2 lobby. You know. The one with the shops and the techer and the mission counter and the medical center and the two giant warp gates?

-Return of the president, new president missions. (Are you a bad enough dude to help the president?)

OMG a new Mag mechanic would be great, I'd love more options for mags, since they're so boring now. PSO mags were so much better.

Or this

As a permanent Ultimate quest.

But, it's probably the football lobby.

TaigaUC
Nov 27, 2014, 04:05 AM
adding "miss"

That's the first thing I thought of.

TheAstarion
Nov 27, 2014, 08:15 AM
PS Classic... Combination attacks. Foi, Wat, Tsu, Triblaster!

PSO, battle, challenge, working for a different faction like the science bureau in episode 2.

PSU, racial specials, planetary lobbies (would work best on Harukotan and maybe Lilipa and Amaduscia... I guess Naberius is the only place without at least one friendly native)

Laxedrane
Nov 27, 2014, 08:29 AM
Bring back different weapon manufacturers. One of my favorite things from PSU hahaha.

From PSO I guess I am alone in loving the idea of Section IDs. If you played offline only I get how people would get angry at the fact they couldn't hunt for exactly what they wanted. However in an online gaming that became so centralized around trading it was awesome. In this game.. That's just what the shop for I guess hahaha.

Rien
Nov 27, 2014, 08:33 AM
Bring back different weapon manufacturers. One of my favorite things from PSU hahaha.

From PSO I guess I am alone in loving the idea of Section IDs. If you played offline only I get how people would get angry at the fact they couldn't hunt for exactly what they wanted. However in an online gaming that became so centralized around trading it was awesome. In this game.. That's just what the shop for I guess hahaha.

You forgetting we need premium for this shit?

Manta Oyamada
Nov 27, 2014, 08:43 AM
"Hmm, I wonder if that throws my theory about Ultimate Nab came to be. Considering it is a "world destroyed". I though it might have been what happened after Falz's seal was broken.

Also, I found some old music in the files from Blue Burs (I was looking for acb files to try to get the hca inside them but having no luck extracting them).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32409323/PSOBB_Crater.mp3

Seems they have a PSE rhythm tracks. perhaps a future virtual quest like in PSP2/i?"

By PSUMods

Laxedrane
Nov 27, 2014, 08:45 AM
You forgetting we need premium for this shit?

Yay 3 day pass?

isCasted
Nov 27, 2014, 08:54 AM
Yay 3 day pass?

3-day pass doesn't allow you to buy 10* and 11*.

Laxedrane
Nov 27, 2014, 08:58 AM
3-day pass doesn't allow you to buy 10* and 11*.

Based on 13* restrictions doesn't sound like that's going to matter soon.

Achelousaurus
Nov 29, 2014, 04:13 PM
NOLing.
(im sorry)
LMAO!

specials for weapons are my guess, probably something that takes up a PA slot. (yes i know we have a few weapons with built in PAs but this is slightly different)
Not gonna happen.
Specials were transmorphed into potentials (which is the way most rpgs handle this).
Adding special attacks would mean coming up with a special attack for every (almost) rare weapon ontop of potentials and balancing this.

Off the top of my head,

-Return of Section IDs

Almost nothing is worth mentioning when you think of PSO, or is not a system by any stretch of imagination.

It would have to be either an additional new hotkey-able button or something with a passive chance to work, rather than flat out replacing the guard mechanic (which a lot of things rely on, such as jet boots, gears, etc).

Most EQs are TTF.

C Mode or battle mode sound far more likely than everything else combined.

I hope C Mode, I kinda liked it though I hated how it boiled down to a single question.
Do you know this map?
Yes
>continue and finish.

No
>Go back to lobby and find someone that does.

I also didn't like how you were lvl 183 with epic 50hit gear and stuff, but then your character was reset to a low lvl with basic gear for C-mode.

Not to mention some stages heavily depending on finding a good weapon.

Sanguine2009
Nov 29, 2014, 04:28 PM
challenge mode is not even remotely a system, its not gonna be that. nor is battle mode.

GoldGenII
Nov 29, 2014, 04:29 PM
Where are my Section ID emblems, dammit

jooozek
Nov 29, 2014, 04:38 PM
section ids i'd welcome back if instead of making drops exclusive per each section id, they'd boost drop rates for the stuff in the tables for the certain section id instead by at least 500%

Gryffin
Nov 29, 2014, 05:40 PM
Section IDs could be awesome, or horrible at this late of an implementation-- unless vetted players get to select theirs.

Could you imagine? 75/75 Te/Fo and you get a Section ID that helps you find rare FI weps? I'd want to die.

Perhaps more scenic lobbies, locales per planet a la PSU. I wouldn't be against it, it might help cut the clutter in front of the gate on the more crowded blocks. Soccer lobby would be spectacular as well.

"Systems" leads me to believe against challenge or battle modes, but I'd love to see some other form of mini-game addition....

Alisha
Nov 29, 2014, 06:12 PM
while not from pso, infinity had rebirth system. i cant really think of anything from pso that qualifies as a system. cept maybe challange mode rewards where you got a weapon you could name and most of its power comes from grinds. if memory serves you could chose the special too. so maybe achallange mode where you get a weapon to name and most of its power comes from grinds and you get to choose it's potential.

yoshiblue
Nov 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
attacks would mean coming up with a special attack for every (almost) rare weapon ontop of potentials and balancing this.

Almost nothing is worth mentioning when you think of PSO, or is not a system by any stretch of imagination.

Depends on how much faith you have in Sega. Honestly, challenge and battle mode can't seriously be the only things people can think about.

President missions, potential to change your city surroundings, shop stuff (unit and weapon rotation), and maybe the backdrop of the lobby. Heck, if you could create your own lobby - premium users onry - that would be nice. May even give us the Nova areas.

New tali's class coupled with the ability of turning dead peoplemonsters into cards? Boom, new summon system. EP III content to boot as well.

Tetsuo9999
Nov 29, 2014, 07:49 PM
I'd like the racial bonuses/abilities to return. The way things are now, the races are identical aside from stats which only the most hardcore players care about, and looking pretty. The racial abilities would also give more of an incentive to play more than one character, which is something that's lacking right now. If the abilities were significant, perhaps it would make the less desirable scratch items (like non-fleshy cast parts) more valuable since there would be an actual reason to make one aside from cosmetic and stat differences.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 29, 2014, 07:53 PM
I'd like the racial bonuses/abilities to return.

Newmans being able to cast at least basic techs no matter the class (zone support techs for sure. foie, barta, zonde, zan, grants, megid optional)

Tetsuo9999
Nov 29, 2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah, stuff like that would make character creation more interesting. The main selling point is how unique you can make your character look, but the stats are barely mentioned in-game. The racial abilities were pretty significant in PSU, but even a more limited version of that would be nice. I mean, most people roll with the same PA (the sword one), and that's one of the main differences. Having racial abilities would open up many more roles for party combat, like additional burst damage or support.

Scotty T
Nov 29, 2014, 08:20 PM
Needs PSO1 costumes at least.

Macman
Nov 30, 2014, 02:55 AM
Section IDs could be awesome, or horrible at this late of an implementation-- unless vetted players get to select theirs.

Could you imagine? 75/75 Te/Fo and you get a Section ID that helps you find rare FI weps? I'd want to die.
What'd be worse is if both your characters get the same ID. At least in your scenario I can give the FI weapons to my cast.

Hrith
Nov 30, 2014, 04:40 AM
A much bigger difference in stats according to races is what I wanted all along, but I'd go for at least racial attacks...

Vent
Nov 30, 2014, 06:58 AM
I think it will be something along the lines of super photon arts or finishing moves for certain weapon types and technique elements. Zandion being the first of them, but not introduced as such yet. Probably needing class cubes to unlock.

Superia
Nov 30, 2014, 11:19 AM
A much bigger difference in stats according to races is what I wanted all along, but I'd go for at least racial attacks...

I could go for that.

Shinamori
Nov 30, 2014, 11:25 AM
When is the 15th anniversary anyways? Or, has it passed?

Sizustar
Nov 30, 2014, 11:29 AM
When is the 15th anniversary anyways? Or, has it passed?

The year 2015

Chimeria
Nov 30, 2014, 11:35 AM
Forced Maps:
Originally players went through Forest, Caves, and Mines. Then upon reaching ruins they had to go back to the other maps and activate three obelisks or whatever they were to open the door to ruins...

I miss the classic creatures that were 2D creatures turn 3D. I miss Grass Assassins, Pan Arms, and I actually miss the Sorcs the most...I dont mean crappy Luda Sorcs that got driven out of their ruins and are shit compared to the other sorcs...

Before we had Chaos Sorcerers, and then in PSU we had Gaozorans who were really good buffed up. I mean shit...I remember how fast Delsabers were....

Having forced maps is no worse than having to complete a matter board (where you have to revist old areas) to unlock any part of the story. I know some people don't care for a story in an MMO but I actually like finding out the backstory in these games. The whole RRR and Flowen stories were pretty awesome once you uncover the truth. Even getting to know the smaller characters like Ash, Kireek, Zoke, Shino and Sue were interesting. I hope they can emulate that somehow with further updates.

And I too miss retro enemies. Besides the rappies there aren't too many in PSO2 which is surprising. I guess it makes sense since this game takes place on a totally different planet right?

Going back to the matter board, I hope they get rid of it all together...or at least remove the restrictions of playing the story without unlocking certain nodes. It could just be used for bonuses or something.

Squall179
Nov 30, 2014, 07:10 PM

As insane as it is f or me to say this... I actually liked that!

Great Pan
Dec 1, 2014, 12:00 AM
Bring back pre-nerf Shunka and S Roll Advance JA. I want my easy mode PA back!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 1, 2014, 12:12 AM
Bring back pre-nerf Shunka and S Roll Advance JA. I want my easy mode PA back!

No... shunka that shoots fire FO-magnitude Rafoies!

Dan Maku
Dec 1, 2014, 12:15 AM
I'm hoping for another return to Ragol, perhaps as limited quests based on the four original areas in PSO1, as well as boss fights like that game's Dark Falz and/or Olga Flow.

Sparzyle
Dec 1, 2014, 12:17 AM
Gib specific Special Weapon attacks and not that multiclass weapon+pa/tech rubbish (or at least specific PA animations per weapon) :v

Then that'd be a PSO related system thing

Qualia
Dec 1, 2014, 02:24 AM
How about all of PSO added on to PSO2 ya

Hrith
Dec 1, 2014, 02:54 AM
The ability to fucking equip untekked weapons so you know what element to give it.

Kondibon
Dec 1, 2014, 02:59 AM
The ability to fucking equip untekked weapons so you know what element to give it.How would that let you know what element to give them?

KazukiQZ
Dec 1, 2014, 03:30 AM
^Maybe by roughly guessing what is the identity behind that untekked weapon (from stat?), so no wtf stuff happen like Ice Bert Rodan or Dark Darl Zentou xD

Syklo
Dec 1, 2014, 05:09 AM
I'm all for racial perks, as long as it doesn't involve removing or crippling existing things (e.g. CASTs no longer able to use (all) techs).

Sizustar
Dec 1, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'm all for racial perks, as long as it doesn't involve removing or crippling existing things (e.g. CASTs no longer able to use (all) techs).

So each race gets a special mode?
Cast's SUV, etc?

Syklo
Dec 1, 2014, 05:26 AM
Cast's SUV, etc?
CASTs had SUVs?
(Excuse me for only having else played PSZ in this franchise)

Doesn't have to be a "special mode" but that *could* work?
Infuse mags with Casts to become your very own AIS?
Infuse mag energy (photons??) with dewmans to become a fully pimped out kuronite?
Do the same for a newman and become White Phallus Echo?
idk; when I think special modes, I think transformations.

I was thinking stuff more like CASTs being immune to poison, but more prone to shock, or newmans being able to "combo" techs, or dewmans having an additional, "4th-level" movement speed phase, etc...

Sizustar
Dec 1, 2014, 05:52 AM
CASTs had SUVs?
(Excuse me for only having else played PSZ in this franchise)

Doesn't have to be a "special mode" but that *could* work?
Infuse mags with Casts to become your very own AIS?
Infuse mag energy (photons??) with dewmans to become a fully pimped out kuronite?
Do the same for a newman and become White Phallus Echo?
idk; when I think special modes, I think transformations.

I was thinking stuff more like CASTs being immune to poison, but more prone to shock, or newmans being able to "combo" techs, or dewmans having an additional, "4th-level" movement speed phase, etc...

Well, it might be something like the combo spell that FO/TE got last upgrade.

It cost no PP to cast, but instead charge through a meter, like a Photon Blast.
So each Race gets a secendary "form" that also charge?
Since although he say a system from PSO, Yu Suganuma actually participated in PSP2 and PSO2i, so it might be system from that instead?

Syklo
Dec 1, 2014, 06:06 AM
Well, it might be something like the combo spell that FO/TE got last upgrade.

It cost no PP to cast, but instead charge through a meter, like a Photon Blast.
So each Race gets a secendary "form" that also charge?
Since although he say a system from PSO, Yu Suganuma actually participated in PSP2 and PSO2i, so it might be system from that instead?
Heh, I was thinking stuff more like a 3-wave Safoie, or a Foie volley, something with Nazan that makes it look like a knuckles PA, etc. but I guess that ties in with compound techniques.
Actually, I was hoping jet boots would be just like that.

hooray for more charging skills though, i guess?
(tbh they should review how PBs et al. charge up; you could kill a boss and not have PB charged, but have that much damage distributed across multiple enemies and get PB charged in less than half the effort spent)

Walkure
Dec 1, 2014, 06:38 AM
(tbh they should review how PBs et al. charge up; you could kill a boss and not have PB charged, but have that much damage distributed across multiple enemies and get PB charged in less than half the effort spent)

PBs are based on the percent of mob life dealt, and percent of your health in damage taken.

For like Ketos Proi it's something like 15x mob's HP, or 3x your own, or a combination. This doesn't mean that killing 15 mobs is required to max gear, since hitting a mob for 2x their health will charge for twice the rate as hitting them for exactly their max health.

Since bosses have large HP pools, and don't have any special charging bonuses, you won't charge particularly fast against them unless you're getting beaten like a redheaded stepchild.

Before they changed how PB filled due to Julius Nifta, I definitely could instafill PB gauge by BHSing a level 5 Oodan. I dunno if they actually decided to set a cap somewhere on the amount of PB gauge that can be gained from one mob, but hitting a mob for double-digit multiples of their max HP would definitely get you PB quick.
Cast's SUV, etc?Sounds like it might be cool, but also relatively superficial in difference. Which is why I like it.

Like half of the time this topic ends up amounting to just giving deuman and newman some new round of power creep while casts and humans get some Trap Search-tier utility passive. Which would just piss off whichever playerbase had their character mains get shafted. The differences should remain superficial, but adding more flavorful changes really wouldn't hurt at all.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 1, 2014, 06:52 AM
but adding more flavorful changes really wouldn't hurt at all.

... like giving newmans the ability to cast at least basic techs as any class, right?!

Halikus
Dec 1, 2014, 07:58 AM
As we are talking about the anniversary of PSO I think we can rule out anything that didn't appear in that game as it not the 15th anniversary of PSU, PSP, PSP2, or PSP2i. Frankly the less said about PSU and its spawn the better. The only thing they did right in that game was laying the foundation for the combat system used in pso2.

I would welcome the return of Challenge mode proper as atleast it will mean that only people who have some skills at pso2 will get the sranks. This would be a massive endeavor to implement so I'll say the odds are slim.

I cant see battle mode being fair in any way due to the balance (lol what balance) of the game and SEGAC's vision of class roles.

Very little is left that hasn't already had some form of implementation, we have pd exchange , mag cells etc.

So I'll put money on soccer lobby as this is a definite fan favorite.

Ideal world time tho I'd take ep3's card game or cmode.

oratank
Dec 1, 2014, 08:17 AM
hey go battle mode with ais that's fair enough

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2014, 08:17 AM
They should do a PSU anniversary that was the least mediocre game they've ever made.

Syklo
Dec 1, 2014, 08:50 AM
Since bosses have large HP pools, and don't have any special charging bonuses, you won't charge particularly fast against them unless you're getting beaten like a redheaded stepchild.

And that's exactly why I expressed that sentiment. To me, it basically says that PBs are not meant for bosses at all because of it.

Achelousaurus
Dec 1, 2014, 09:13 AM
Depends on how much faith you have in Sega. Honestly, challenge and battle mode can't seriously be the only things people can think about.

President missions, potential to change your city surroundings, shop stuff (unit and weapon rotation), and maybe the backdrop of the lobby. Heck, if you could create your own lobby - premium users onry - that would be nice. May even give us the Nova areas.

New tali's class coupled with the ability of turning dead peoplemonsters into cards? Boom, new summon system. EP III content to boot as well.
Yeah, I kinda doubt it's anything big like ult.
Probably something secondary like soccer lobby or lobbies having different themes.

Pretty sure a huge mountain of content already exists, so a huge gamechange is possible, but the probability of unlocking it without any massive advertisement is about 0%.
If they spent time and effort (lol) making it, they are sure to make sure as many people play it as possible.

They should do a PSU anniversary that was the least mediocre game they've ever made.
PSU sucks.
Kthxbai.

The ability to fucking equip untekked weapons so you know what element to give it.
Better yet, see the model and know what it is. No more tekking Sigalgas or Bigglows and NPCing them for a quarter of the price.
Or indeed, light/fire/ice Weddle Parks...not that it matters much cause it's at 50k now anyway.

Arkanoid
Dec 1, 2014, 10:49 AM

You're right it wasn't mediocre at all, it was just bad.

HIT0SHI
Dec 1, 2014, 10:51 AM

Ditto.

PSU sucks.
Kthxbai.

You're right it wasn't mediocre at all, it was just bad.

Opinions. :wacko:

SakoHaruo
Dec 1, 2014, 10:58 AM
PSO1 is worst game in the series imo. shit is just too slow for me. It may have been greatness to all you old people, but that shit looks boring as hell. o3o

Poyonche
Dec 1, 2014, 11:18 AM
PSO1 is worst game in the series imo. shit is just too slow for me. It may have been greatness to all you old people, but that shit looks boring as hell. o3o

You may get killed soon by PSO1 fans lel

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2014, 11:24 AM
You may get killed soon by PSO1 fans lel

they got bad taste anyway, like,

who says "kthxbai"?

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 1, 2014, 11:38 AM

I being a PSO1 fan will not kill you. To be honest, PSO1 is uber slow compared to PSO2. Gameplay is still good even for today, but god damn did I hate having to adjust my camera all the time with my arrow keys.

Now if we had a remake of PSO that kept the individualized classes from PSO, but the controls of PSO2 with updated areas and enemy attack pattterns to compensate, I'd be in heaven.

But I'd need a HUmarl added. I could live without Dewmans in PSO since they don't belong in the first place (unless they add something about Dr. Osto's experiments creating them or something which would be a huge recon) but give me a HUmarl dammit!

strikerhunter
Dec 1, 2014, 11:53 AM
To be honest, PSO1 is uber slow compared to PSO2.

Because PSO1 was made.....like almost 15 years ago and PSO2 only 2 years ago. Technology difference, etc. you can't really compare the two fairly.

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2014, 12:10 PM
edit: wrong thread fock,

SakoHaruo
Dec 1, 2014, 12:17 PM
Because PSO1 was made.....like almost 15 years ago and PSO2 only 2 years ago. Technology difference, etc. you can't really compare the two fairly.

Devil May Cry is 14 years old so..... o3o

And don't forget all the 3d beat em ups from the Playstaion 1 - Dreamcast era. Better gameplay was possible then.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 1, 2014, 12:19 PM

I struck out the PSO2 part. Even when I played it back when it came out I thought it was a little slow. More methodical, sure. But then you had games that came out around that era like Quake III Arena, the original Devil May Cry, etc. These games were definitely fast paced games to be sure, and the tech to run them wasn't too different (Quake III ran on the Dreamcast, and while DMC was for PS2, the PS2 wasn't THAT much more powerful).

Don't get me wrong, I love PSO1. But until you get the mechanics down its a slow game. Even then, it isn't much faster. But at least grinding didn't cost an arm and a leg :wacko:

EDIT: Damn, Sako beat me to my point. You're fast girl.

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2014, 12:24 PM
action RPG =/= action game-hack n slasher-beat'em up

This game didn't become more of the latter till "miss" and "0" was taken out.

And it didn't try till PSU.

in PSU they tried.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 1, 2014, 12:40 PM
action RPG =/= action game-hack n slasher-beat'em up

This game didn't become more of the latter till "miss" and "0" was taken out.

And it didn't try till PSU.

in PSU they tried.

That wasn't the point of what I was saying. Even as far as Action RPGs go, PSO1 was slow. KOTOR is about as slow as it probably, but there have been other Action RPGs that have been faster too, you know?

LonelyGaruga
Dec 1, 2014, 12:54 PM

Pay attention to what dropped it.

And that's exactly why I expressed that sentiment. To me, it basically says that PBs are not meant for bosses at all because of it.

...they aren't. Most of them are primarily for wiping out mobs, particularly in PSE Bursts. The ability to chain Photon Blasts to get more effective results is a pretty good indication of this. Only a couple are actually suitable for fighting bosses, like Ketos Proi and Ilios Proi. Since you can always wipe out large quantities of enemies before a boss, you can always have your PB ready before fighting it. Only exceptions are EQs centered entirely around bosses, but they're already easy enough as is.

Achelousaurus
Dec 1, 2014, 06:29 PM
Opinions. :wacko:
OFC!
Just what would the internet be without opinions?
Such a boring place...

lol
It IS slow. And it has so much less to offer in terms of combat compared to later games.
Still, it was a huge amount of fun and the combat is good unless you come from a later game with PAs and stuff.

My main gripe with PSU is that so very many things got change to something I didn't like.

Things like PP for simply shooting a gun so you have to swap weapons during refill.
Not to mention story mode ended the quest and brought you back to lobby the instant you killed a boss, so never any boss drops.
There were a lot of other things seriously pissing me off.

And looking back now it's like LTTP vs OoT vs WW (PSO2).
LTTP was tons of fun but of course old and had a lot more simple combat. OoT brought a whole new dimension to battles, but it was not very well done (the cam and targeting were shit / PSU PP system and some other mechanics). And then finally WW came with a perfect battle system (for 3D Zelda anyway) and was really good.

they got bad taste anyway, like,

who says "kthxbai"?
You can't not have been on the internet for long.
Not much used these days but was all the rage a while ago.

Yes and no.
Technological difference obviously exist but when you have something like Soul Calibur on DC there is no reason PSO1 couldn't have a more action game like combat, something like dodge moves have been around since SNES.
Not to mention what made it so very slow was arbitrary BS like pointless delays before the 3rd hit and after a combo.
Also, areas were a hell lot larger than in PSO2 so it always took a much longer time to clear them.

I love the game to death but it was just pointlessly slow.
Especially moving.

Hrith
Dec 2, 2014, 01:09 AM
Pay attention to what dropped it.This is such a retarded comment, I'm not sure I should be replying.
1) In parties, someone else can kill a monster half a mile away and you still get the drop. 2) Many monsters in this game drop several of the same weapon type, such as Black King Bar and Ranglitter from a Sparzyle, you know.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 01:51 AM
And would you care which element you untekked either of those as? It's not hard to figure out what drops actually matter for which element you pick. Even across all the enemies on a given map, there's barely any overlap where it's relevant. Unless you're unaware of what drops on a map as well as unable to pay attention to what enemies are present when the item drops, this shouldn't be a problem.

Xaeris
Dec 2, 2014, 03:24 AM
You're just being contrary for the sake of it right now.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 03:44 AM
Did you think, just for a second before posting that, that you're doing exactly the same thing you're incorrectly accusing me of? Little bit of forethought, please.

Xaeris
Dec 2, 2014, 03:54 AM
That doesn't even make sense.

Sparzyle
Dec 2, 2014, 03:58 AM
I don't think he's doing that...

Anyways... Main post was about Suganuma releasing something related to PSO

In PSO you could equip Untekked Special Weapons if you got the right class and race/gender to equip it, and that was a good thing since you could see exactly which drop was or if it was worth getting an inventory space for it or just leave it, or even better you could know which prefix would fit better on that weapon.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 01:26 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

You said I was posting just to be contrary.

Your post was exactly that, being contrary.

Can't believe I have to spell that out for you.

In PSO you could equip Untekked Special Weapons if you got the right class and race/gender to equip it, and that was a good thing since you could see exactly which drop was or if it was worth getting an inventory space for it or just leave it, or even better you could know which prefix would fit better on that weapon.

Which would be convenient in PSO2 for identifying whether a weapon was worth untekking in the first place or a loss of money, but not much else. Aren't there higher priority things that could be implemented for this update?

Sizustar
Dec 2, 2014, 01:29 PM
You said I was posting just to be contrary.

Your post was exactly that, being contrary.

Can't believe I have to spell that out for you.

Which would be convenient in PSO2 for identifying whether a weapon was worth untekking in the first place or a loss of money, but not much else. Aren't there higher priority things that could be implemented for this update?

Well, we might get some info on what the system on the 12/15 Live broadcast.

Xaeris
Dec 2, 2014, 06:07 PM
I didn't say you were being contrary. I said you were being contrary for the sake of it. We used to be able to identify drops with 100% certainty, and now we can't. From whatever perspective you look at that, regardless of whatever workarounds you propose, that is a step backwards and you have zero legitimate issue to take with someone finding it a nuisance.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 06:54 PM
Yes, it is pretty stupid, and I agree with that. But that's not why I posted in the first place.

This is what got me posting on the subject. Because you can already figure out what element to give it. If I'm being contrary for the sake of it because I'm stating a stated problem does not actually exist, then whatever.

Achelousaurus
Dec 2, 2014, 07:39 PM
When you have untekked weapons in your inventory, you can't tell them apart.
Maybe drop time but then you have to remember it for every weapon and from an EQ you might as well have 5 times the same spread over 3+ runs and mixed between all the untekked rares of other types.

Not to mention that sometimes enemy death location and drop location are far apart and very often several enemies die in close proximity so it's often hard to tell what enemy actually dropped it.

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2014, 07:48 PM
Not to mention that sometimes enemy death location and drop location are far apart and very often several enemies die in close proximity so it's often hard to tell what enemy actually dropped it.Don't forget rare drops teleport to you if you're nearby and don't pick them up immediately.:wacko:

Vintasticvin
Dec 2, 2014, 10:04 PM
Don't forget rare drops teleport to you if you're nearby and don't pick them up immediately.:wacko:

Well this is a nifty feature :<

Syklo
Dec 2, 2014, 10:32 PM
This is what got me posting on the subject. Because you can already figure out what element to give it.

How exactly can you determine that?
What if you have untekked items of the same type but are still different, and you want to correctly specify the desired elements for each, hm?

Pretty much all you have to go with is the category and the untekking price, but hte price doesn't indicate much (from what i can tell).

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 11:30 PM
How exactly can you determine that?
What if you have untekked items of the same type but are still different, and you want to correctly specify the desired elements for each, hm?

It's not hard to figure out what drops actually matter for which element you pick. Even across all the enemies on a given map, there's barely any overlap where it's relevant. Unless you're unaware of what drops on a map as well as unable to pay attention to what enemies are present when the item drops, this shouldn't be a problem.

Already covered this.

No seriously, look through a list of drops and figure out what elements you could want to untekk a weapon with and you'd be able to easily tell that there is minimal, if any, overlap in any given EQ. You don't need to remember what dropped an item, though I do expect anyone to be able to remember what items a boss dropped for them. That is a very simple exercise to do.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 2, 2014, 11:48 PM
Untekked tech weps can be an issue, especially if that tech wep has potential damage to element. For example i found a rod in SHAQ, its potential is fire bonus damage, i made it light.

Maenara
Dec 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
I would quit the game if correcting a minor inconvenience was Sega's idea of a major update.

Macman
Dec 3, 2014, 12:19 AM
Untekked tech weps can be an issue, especially if that tech wep has potential damage to element. For example i found a rod in SHAQ, its potential is fire bonus damage, i made it light.
The only rod worth a damn in that SHAQ is the fire one so you just tekk every rod from there fire. That's just ignorance.

Syklo
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM
Already covered this.

No seriously, look through a list of drops and figure out what elements you could want to untekk a weapon with and you'd be able to easily tell that there is minimal, if any, overlap in any given EQ. You don't need to remember what dropped an item, though I do expect anyone to be able to remember what items a boss dropped for them. That is a very simple exercise to do.
Tower defence would like a word with you.
And seriously, "You don't need to remember what dropped an item"? That's the only other piece of information we could get in order to choose an element.

Do you honestly expect players to memorise the drop tables of every boss?
Even then, how would I know if, after a tower defence, that I'm untekking a Sukei rather than a Lacruico?

^^.
Knowing now that in previous games, you could equip and determine but not yet appraise untekked items, I'd really like that to be in place.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2014, 12:39 AM
And seriously, "You don't need to remember what dropped an item"? That's the only other piece of information we could get in order to choose an element.

Even then, how would I know if, after a tower defence, that I'm untekking a Sukei rather than a Lacruico?

^^.
Knowing now that in previous games, you could equip and determine but not yet appraise untekked items, I'd really like that to be in place.

Also LonelyGaruga forgot to take into account of new quests that have no drop info on them in the item records, even on websites. It usually takes a few days if not less, It would be nice to have some convenience on untekked weapons like the pso system had.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2014, 01:26 AM
For example i found a rod in SHAQ

How did you not know what it was then? You should have known better. There isn't a single rod that drops in VC SHAQ besides Bert Rodan worth picking an element for in the first place, so you should always untekk rods from VC SHAQ as fire. Simple common sense, that one.

^^.

Are you seriously missing this? OK. Right.

You just untekked a Sukei instead of a Lacruico. OK. Fine, whatever. Would you have picked a different element if you knew what it was? No, of course not. Element is not significant for either of those two weapons. They do not have a species latent, an EWH latent, a tech latent, or any latent where element matters. That is why untekking is such a simple task, element is almost purely fluff for 90% of the drops you'll get.

And TD? Seriously? You can check the drop lists for the non-enemy drops. It's no different from any other quest in that sense. You can know what every single drop is there. And if you give a damn about what you untekked an element as in the first place, yes, it would be expected for players to memorize drop tables. Failing that, I would expect them to look them up when they were done with the EQ. Options are available for dealing with this. Yeah, it should be like older games, but it's pretty pathetic to see people whining about a problem that could be completely negated with a little bit of brainpower.

Also LonelyGaruga forgot to take into account of new quests that have no drop info on them in the item records, even on websites. It usually takes a few days if not less, It would be nice to have some convenience on untekked weapons like the pso system had.

You wouldn't know what to untekk your weapons as in the first place then, so...lol.

Not to mention that only lasts for a couple days. You could just store your untekked stuff until the information is out if it's such a world ending problem for you.

Xaeris
Dec 3, 2014, 01:45 AM
I would guess that if Skylo knew that the Lacurio was a Lacurio beforehand, they wouldn't bother tekking it at all and save meseta. Perhaps you'd prefer to roll the bones on tekking good affix fodder but a lot of us would be happier not paying Chiara to tell us we found junk. In PSO2, we don't always have that option, no matter how meticulous we are about cataloging our finds. If Chrome Dragon drops a mace, that could either be a Jupiteller...or a Club of Lanconium. If Loser drops a bow, maybe that's an Edel Arrow or a Lambda Tigrebow. And then there's the hordes of Blue and Red 7*s that get can get mixed up in a SHAQ burst.

Is it game breaking? No. But having an option is better than not having an option. This is elementary to me and I don't see why you're intent on making it an issue of brainpower.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2014, 02:00 AM
Which, as I already said, has nothing to do with what I'm replying about in the first place. I'm solely addressing picking an element as untekking. I agreed the untekking system is a step backwards compared to previous ones. But complaining about picking element is asinine.

Seriously don't understand why you're trying to make it out like I'm saying the entire untekk system is fine when I've only said one particular aspect of it isn't an issue. It's backwards, but it doesn't have any real negative impact beyond a little more thinking required. Deciding whether to untekk a weapon at all in the first place? Completely different topic that I was never touching on in the first place.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2014, 02:03 AM
Not to mention that only lasts for a couple days. You could just store your untekked stuff until the information is out if it's such a world ending problem for you.

ah yes good advice thanks :)

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2014, 02:08 AM
Sorry if this is off topic but it kinda relates to this conversation not so sure about the title but yeah...
Its great how Sega has implemented a 13* Untekked Special weapon drop, the colors of RARE DROP are so intense you can't miss it. The person that has one drop, knows for sure that it is 13* then you can look at the item records and identify it from its weapon class and narrow it down from what it drop from.

Syklo
Dec 3, 2014, 02:12 AM
Are you seriously missing this? OK. Right.

You just untekked a Sukei instead of a Lacruico. OK. Fine, whatever. Would you have picked a different element if you knew what it was? No, of course not.
And here I'll cut you off and say you're wrong right there.
What if I wanted to make a lacruico all class and not the sukei, because its cheaper that way? Then I'd go for different elements because of different builds across different classes.
Sure I could just find an agito instead, but if I'm to do it right:
-I must learn who drops it
-I must recognise when it drops (untekked)
-Make sure I tek the right katana with the right element, if its mixed in with other untekked katanas in my inventory.
Now I don't know about you, but to me that's too much effort to bother.

And TD? Seriously? You can check the drop lists for the non-enemy drops. It's no different from any other quest in that sense. You can know what every single drop is there. And if you give a damn about what you untekked an element as in the first place, yes, it would be expected for players to memorize drop tables. Failing that, I would expect them to look them up when they were done with the EQ. Options are available for dealing with this. Yeah, it should be like older games, but it's pretty pathetic to see people whining about a problem that could be completely negated with a little bit of brainpower.

And the option in question would make this SO MUCH EASIER. Though, I'm not sure if you're actually against that.
Anyway, you have quite the standard there, having expectations like that. Also, looking up drop tables isn't necessarily possible for some people to even do (easily), like not being able to open a browser simultaneously or not having additional hardware to do that on. Unless they physically printed it out, but then that's comparable to reading references being used for a thesis, and that's not how I play my video games.

I would guess that if Skylo knew that the Lacurio was a Lacurio beforehand, they wouldn't bother tekking it at all and save meseta. Perhaps you'd prefer to roll the bones on tekking good affix fodder but a lot of us would be happier not paying Chiara to tell us we found junk. In PSO2, we don't always have that option, no matter how meticulous we are about cataloging our finds. If Chrome Dragon drops a mace, that could either be a Jupiteller...or a Club of Lanconium. If Loser drops a bow, maybe that's an Edel Arrow or a Lambda Tigrebow. And then there's the hordes of Blue and Red 7*s that get can get mixed up in a SHAQ burst.

Is it game breaking? No. But having an option is better than not having an option. This is elementary to me.
Indeed, but I'm not sure if anyone here is opposing that possibility. Rather, just debating on why we don't do what we could (or "should") be doing.

And no, junk or not, I'd still tekk it, but if it's a particular 7-9* that I'd like all-classed, I want to be sure I have the element right.
Of course, I'd still want the right element for the rarer ones. It's just so easy to lose track of which untekked <weapon type> is which, in my inventory - the only differentiator is the tekking cost, which isn't particularly helpful.

With all that said, if there was a way to "tag" items as an identifier (like the recent friends list grouping feature), *then* I, personally, would be perfectly fine with the whole untekked item thing, as I can simply tag an untekked item the moment I get it, and I'll know how I got it (hopefully). There'd be no confusion.
Plus that'd help with my affixing needs.

Xaeris
Dec 3, 2014, 02:43 AM
You were confused by why Skylo would care about the difference between a Sukei and a Lucario, and I provided you with a possible (though apparently incorrect) explanation independent of the argument at hand.

As for said argument at hand, let me just put a ribbon on this. The method of deducing untekked items we currently have available to us compared to what we had in PSO1 requires 1) a knowledge base, either memorized or consulted to check against, 2) meticulous cataloging of incoming items as there's no way to tag them, and 3) isn't even 100% foolproof when the above conditions are met. Examples: Alicia Libris and Bert Rodan in Chaotic Tranquility. Acru Carta and Jupiteller in Ocean of Death. Satellite Riser, Chey Draken and Cuiplow also in Ocean of Death. Those are from the top of my head, and I'm sure the future will bring similar choies.

It is not necessarily a failure of "brainpower" for a player to find himself in front of Chiara uncertain of what element to give to an item.

Syklo
Dec 3, 2014, 02:53 AM
the difference between a Sukei and a Lucario,
Completely irrelevant but,
Lucario is a pokemon, and Sukei isn't.

(I had to)

EvilMag
Dec 3, 2014, 02:53 AM
Whats the comparison? Sukei is a badass looking katana. Lucario is just some fucking 2edgy4me pokemon.

Xaeris
Dec 3, 2014, 02:57 AM
lol...oh, screw it, I'll leave it as is.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2014, 02:59 AM
You were confused by why Skylo would care about the difference between a Sukei and a Lucario, and I provided you with a possible (though apparently incorrect) explanation independent of the argument at hand.

As for said argument at hand, let me just put a ribbon on this. The method of deducing untekked items we currently have available to us compared to what we had in PSO1 requires 1) a knowledge base, either memorized or consulted to check against, 2) meticulous cataloging of incoming items as there's no way to tag them, and 3) isn't even 100% foolproof when the above conditions are met. Examples: Alicia Libris and Bert Rodan in Chaotic Tranquility. Acru Carta and Jupiteller in Ocean of Death. Satellite Riser, Chey Draken and Cuiplow also in Ocean of Death. Those are from the top of my head, and I'm sure the future will bring similar choies.

It is not necessarily a failure of "brainpower" for a player to find himself in front of Chiara uncertain of what element to give to an item.

The EQs with multiple categories of enemies barely qualify when they all spawn in the same groups. Sanctum mobs spawn with Sanctum mobs and VC mobs spawn with VC mobs. Those are easy enough to identify, though they do require memorization. Jupiteller and Satellite Riser are boss drops so they're pretty easy to recognize once they drop, and Cuiplow is 1) trash and 2) drops from rare Talobecko, leaving Acru Carta and Chey Draken (both very easy to identify from the respective EQs mentioned based on surrounding mobs).

Yeah, it's not 100% if you forget or get multiple copies of the same weapon and know that it's from the relevant mobs, but it's better than the complete cluelessness the topic is usually treated with, and in practice, those situations aren't actually likely to occur. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a change, but that what we have currently is actually pretty workable. Doesn't really seem worth complaining about honestly.

Xaeris
Dec 3, 2014, 03:10 AM
Like Hrith said, you're not always going to be able to take proper stock of what's being killed and what dropped what. And apparently, a rod that sells for 6m when properly tekked is trash. Right then.

Though that does actually expose the heart of the issue here: you're applying your own standards to the problem and aren't able (or willing) to perceive it from another perspective. Myopic, really. Then again, perhaps you're just being contrary.

Dugs
Dec 3, 2014, 03:38 AM
This conversation is really stupid.

Chose the wrong element? Suck it up. It could just drop that way too, are you going to complain about those drops next too?

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2014, 12:38 PM
Like Hrith said, you're not always going to be able to take proper stock of what's being killed and what dropped what. And apparently, a rod that sells for 6m when properly tekked is trash. Right then.

Cuiplow is trash though. It's one of the worst 10* rods statistically, and it is completely outclassed by Bert Rodan. The only value it has is aesthetic and rarity. That's all that gets it that price tag.

I'm going to have to just give up and understand that people that can't keep stock of what's being killed, because it really is not a difficult task to pay attention to your surroundings, and actually getting so many untekked weapons that you lose track of what dropped what is completely unlikely between the low drop rates and the very exact drops that would have to drop in the first place, and then have to drop untekked. It's the same idiotic "some people do things differently". Some people do things wrong. Can't keep track of the very particular drops you would want to untekk as a particular element? You're completely at fault for it. Stop whining.

Z-0
Dec 3, 2014, 01:16 PM
If I don't know what drops something, I'll find out what drops in the area and tekk all my rods fire or whatever.

There's no situations where you'd have conflicting elements on two weapons of the same type in an area, apart from Dahgash Talis vs. Seimi Kikami (and these aren't worth much), as far as I know. In the case of Cuiplow, I am pretty sure it is the only worthwhile Rod that drops in Seabed, so...

I don't see what's wrong with being able to equip untekked weapons, but it's not like being unable to equip untekked weapons is the end of the world, and completely and utterly ruins your tekks. Personally, I've just always hated the tekking system and never understood why people wanted it back so much in PSO2. Didn't like it in PSO1 either, would rather have had stuff just drop outright. If it was up to me, I'd have weapons drop known, but you can add your own element to them or something.

edit: Turns out the Oceanid Rod drops from Vid Giros, which you'd want Ice on. Regardless, that thing is really cheap, so not a huge loss.

Macman
Dec 3, 2014, 01:53 PM
The thing that was cool/dumb about PSO1's tekking is you can refuse the tekker's analysis, returning the item as untekked with only a microscopic loss in meseta. Due to the random nature of tekking in that game it could be used to get extra attributes out of a weapon or a higher tier of the weapon's special attack.

I'm sure we all know the frustration of spending 10+ minutes at the tekker saying "no" trying to get that +10% to hit only to have our fingers slip at one point and accidently saying yes to a -5% penalty instead. :wacko:

Poyonche
Dec 3, 2014, 01:55 PM
^ So true

Syklo
Dec 3, 2014, 08:25 PM
I'm going to have to just give up and understand that people that can't keep stock of what's being killed, because it really is not a difficult task to pay attention to your surroundings, and actually getting so many untekked weapons that you lose track of what dropped what is completely unlikely between the low drop rates and the very exact drops that would have to drop in the first place, and then have to drop untekked. It's the same idiotic "some people do things differently". Some people do things wrong. Can't keep track of the very particular drops you would want to untekk as a particular element? You're completely at fault for it. Stop whining.

I take it that you're able to monitor the entire map since it's so simple of a task to keep track of everything? (If you can, good for you, but I'd also like to know HOW THE F***!?)
The reason we're arguing in the first place is you claim it's so easy to just pay attention to what dropped any untekked item, and hence there is no existent problem to determining what element to pick. In other words, because you can work around it, everyone can, and that it is then not a problem.

Pay attention to what dropped it.
It's just like saying all bosses are easy, just by "paying attention to what it's doing", and thus everyone finds it easy. Easier said than done, I'd say.

Also, I'm not whining. Right now, I pretty much do this:

If I don't know what drops something, I'll find out what drops in the area and tekk all my rods fire or whatever.
And of course, if I make an error, I take responsibility for it.
I'm just astounded at what you're saying here, Garuga. Sure, people do things differently, and people do things wrong, but doing it differently≠doing it wrong.

None of that matters anymore though, because you understand now that it's just not feasible for some players, right?

LonelyGaruga
Dec 3, 2014, 09:01 PM
It's pretty easy to keep track of drops when you get absolutely nothing from enemies that are too far away, barring a couple of EQs that only have a limited variety of enemies (making it easy to know what element to untekk a weapon as). Between audio and visual cues, it is pretty easy to keep track of what's going on, even stuff behind you. While you won't always know what particular enemy just dropped a particular untekked weapon, doing this makes it easy to figure out what to untekk stuff even on maps like Chaotic Tranquility. This doesn't take any unique quality I have that others don't, so in theory it should work fine for other people. In practice, it seems a lot of people don't seem competent enough for this though. Don't really care, but blaming the game's mechanics for this is wrong. A game should never cater to incompetence.

Not specifying you about whining by the way, just the general "Wah I can't tell what dropped!" crowd.

All the bosses outside of UQs are easy btw.

Syklo
Dec 3, 2014, 10:41 PM
In practice, it seems a lot of people don't seem competent enough for this though. Don't really care, but blaming the game's mechanics for this is wrong. A game should never cater to incompetence.

All the bosses outside of UQs are easy btw.

TBH, no one really should be blaming the mechanics for this, since we're not supposed to know, but we can predict (whether we bother to is a different matter - I certainly don't :wacko:).
(If that made me sound hypocritcal...oops?)

I don't know what to say about that point of catering to the incompetent, but that's a different topic that I'll just observe later.

(personally, I wouldn't say *easy* but definitely not too difficult. Except for Rheo&Nepto - I still don't know their AI that well)

Achelousaurus
Dec 6, 2014, 09:23 PM
This conversation is really stupid.

Chose the wrong element? Suck it up. It could just drop that way too, are you going to complain about those drops next too?
Most retarded post on the forum.
Didn't get any item worth more than NPC price?
Suck it up.