PDA

View Full Version : Anga Fundarge Evolved?

Alma
Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 PM
just notice it now, apparently it has gain resistance to the strongest weapon (just like what it said on erlier report)
and gain 2 new attack pattern.

it still has 2 phase thou ...

Photon Shield
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8611/15268870083_bff4bee7da_c.jpg

Dark matter bomb
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7500/15701212500_18f0350f22_c.jpg

did these mean, everytime anga killed, he will get stronger and stronger that it will be entering new phase after certain kill later?
:wacko:

Rakurai
Nov 26, 2014, 11:08 PM
When I fought it yesterday after the maintenance, it wasn't doing any of that yet. Perhaps ship 6 just hasn't killed it enough for it to start doing this?

I do hope that that its increased strength translates to increased rates on the 13* drops, though.

Alma
Nov 26, 2014, 11:20 PM
yeah, last time i fought it, 6 hours ago, it hasn't change...

so its either stealth bug fix or it evolved after certain kill.

Maenara
Nov 26, 2014, 11:55 PM
Just fought it. It teleports now, alot, and it has the new attacks, but it didn't have any resistances. .-.

TehblackUchiha
Nov 26, 2014, 11:59 PM
now that he does this, i'm guessing he drops new 13*'s. I'm seeing he drops double saber, tmg and launcher on uploader.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47868.png
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47878.jpg
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47872.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47876.jpg
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47874.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Next phase he will drop the rest.

Edit: seeing a 13* bow and partisan as well.

PokeminMaster
Nov 27, 2014, 02:10 AM
That seems like an amazingly cool mechanic, I must say!

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2014, 02:59 AM
Looking through swiki's comments on Anga Fandarge, it appears that the resistances reduces a weapon/tech's damage to 10% of the value it would normally be at, just like XQ resistances.

It also seems that Anga Fandarge doesn't drop any of the 13*s it did last week anymore? Hard to say, there are also comments saying it makes no sense to do that, and other comments suspecting that Anga Fandarge will change every week. Take all of that with a grain of salt.

Z-0
Nov 27, 2014, 03:00 AM
The drop tables switching is... the strangest thing. "Too bad, can't hunt for what you want this week."

. _.

Dephinix
Nov 27, 2014, 03:09 AM
Make people play UQs less certain weeks, sounds like a good plan to contradict theirselves, GG.

kabutozero
Nov 27, 2014, 04:37 AM
seems it drops a DB at last ? might farm uq some more XD

Rakurai
Nov 27, 2014, 04:44 AM
Wonder if the class specific drop rate bonus even matters or not.

Now that it doesn't drop any tech-based weapons, maybe I should go shoot it in the face with my RA/GU instead.

final_attack
Nov 27, 2014, 04:46 AM
Oh nice, time to farm Tmg on RDR day .....

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 27, 2014, 04:47 AM
So who allowed the Fi with twin daggers to do the most damage first phase? :/

Gorge Express
Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 AM
Time to use gunblades on the weeks when he doesn't drop anything I want!

Kinaya
Nov 27, 2014, 05:40 AM
Wonder if the class specific drop rate bonus even matters or not.

Now that it doesn't drop any tech-based weapons, maybe I should go shoot it in the face with my RA/GU instead.

It drops the 13* Talis

Rakurai
Nov 27, 2014, 06:04 AM
I'm kind of indifferent towards any of its tech weapons other then the jet boots, due to the whole issue with Elemental Conversion.

Agastya
Nov 27, 2014, 06:06 AM
anga is way easier now that it's not clawing entire sectors down. if it really is number of kills, i imagine this anga isn't going to stick around too long due to dying so much faster.

it'll be funny if there's two kinds of anga listed in the quest records when they come up.

Kinaya
Nov 27, 2014, 06:12 AM
It can resist against Light (http://puu.sh/d7reb.png), pretty funny

Alma
Nov 27, 2014, 06:12 AM
Looking through swiki's comments on Anga Fandarge, it appears that the resistances reduces a weapon/tech's damage to 10% of the value it would normally be at, just like XQ resistances.

It also seems that Anga Fandarge doesn't drop any of the 13*s it did last week anymore? Hard to say, there are also comments saying it makes no sense to do that, and other comments suspecting that Anga Fandarge will change every week. Take all of that with a grain of salt.

but it still drop a rod today...
one of my party member got ares rod just now.

Dammy
Nov 27, 2014, 09:34 AM
It can resist against Light (http://puu.sh/d7reb.png), pretty funny

hahaha

Kondibon
Nov 27, 2014, 09:53 AM
Oh noooooo My element weak hit build.
http://i.imgur.com/2kN0QkX.gif

Seriously though, people didn't expect it to be able to resist light?

rashoood
Nov 27, 2014, 10:48 AM
did it go back to how it used to be? i fought the evloved one today but an hour ago, it was the normal old pattern with no resisits

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm kind of indifferent towards any of its tech weapons other then the jet boots, due to the whole issue with Elemental Conversion.

Wands don't care about that either, but I guess EWH's no better, huh.

did it go back to how it used to be? i fought the evloved one today but an hour ago, it was the normal old pattern with no resisits

Just curious...can anyone confirm whether the evolved one (with phase 2 access and resistances) is always titled, and if the normal pattern never is?

Chdata
Nov 27, 2014, 01:03 PM
The drop tables switching is... the strangest thing. "Too bad, can't hunt for what you want this week."

. _.

Since when were you able to hunt for any meaningful drop one wanted.

Z-0
Nov 27, 2014, 01:13 PM
Since when were you able to hunt for any meaningful drop one wanted.
A fair point, but that doesn't mean the system isn't backwards and shouldn't be criticised.

Keilyn
Nov 27, 2014, 01:30 PM
Just remember the following about resistances:

Monsters can have resistance to

Elemental Resistance (Cancellation of an Element to Neutral, this happens on Extreme Quests when we fail a stage objective, the next stage being tougher)

Weapon-Class Resistance: (Enemies can be resistant to a weapon class.....I hardly find an enemy resistant to wands because they are mostly used for Techs and few think of wand wacking bosses)

Damage-Type Resistance: Striking, Ranged, Tech..

Throwing in resistances on these maps begs for Pure-Types being supplemented by Hybrid types. The pure types are great for throwing in Max Damage, while the Hybrid Types are used to dismantle the resistances found.

If any of your 12 in an MPA want to support the party with Techs (but you aren't a pure techer) where some just have availability, Megiverse is the one that is going to save everyone.

All you gotta do is tell the other players to stand and fight. Don't be so defensive...Just Fight, while the field gets littered with Megiverse and Zanverse...and one hit on a boss = player is back to full health. Since players are smart enough to run with five Moon atomizers, revivals are taken care off....

...But Megiverse grants a group breathing room in what would otherwise be a Switch-Battle. (Switch Battles are annoying battles where players switch from offense to defense and while in defense they deal 0 damage as their downtime is spent trying to stay alive, rather than actually damage an enemy)

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2014, 02:47 PM
Just remember the following about resistances:

Monsters can have resistance to

Elemental Resistance (Cancellation of an Element to Neutral, this happens on Extreme Quests when we fail a stage objective, the next stage being tougher)

Weapon-Class Resistance: (Enemies can be resistant to a weapon class.....I hardly find an enemy resistant to wands because they are mostly used for Techs and few think of wand wacking bosses)

Damage-Type Resistance: Striking, Ranged, Tech..

Throwing in resistances on these maps begs for Pure-Types being supplemented by Hybrid types. The pure types are great for throwing in Max Damage, while the Hybrid Types are used to dismantle the resistances found.

Uh. No. Whatever the hell this "pure-type" nonsense is, this isn't how it works out. If you're a Hu/Fi, you have 7 different weapons you can use. If you're a katana Br/Hu, you have 5 different striking weapons you can use. Ranged classes have a slightly shallower pool of weapons, and tech classes don't care much about resistances since they only apply to elements for their attacks. Hybrid classes don't gain any newfound purpose from resistances at all.

Damage-type resistances, as you define them, are never given to an enemy as a form of resistance, but are a natural part of its hitzones. Resistances from XQs and Anga Fandarge's changes apply solely to weapon category and element. Elemental resistances also aren't simply cancelling an existing weakness. Like with all other resistances, it becomes 1/10th of the damage it would normally be. Since it's no longer a weakness if the enemy was weak to the element, it stops being displayed as a weakness, because all elemental weaknesses displayed are merely 1.2x weaknesses or greater. This can be seen by the fact that some bosses have undisplayed 1.1x weaknesses (Big Vardha, Fang pair, Snow pair, all weak to wind, all 10% weaknesses, none displayed), and that when an XQ floor adds an elemental weakness, it starts getting displayed alongside an enemy's natural weaknesses. Elemental resistances don't make an enemy neutral to a weakness element, nor are they restricted to its natural weaknesses. An enemy with resistances can resist any element or weapon, and resists them the exact same way: a 90% reduction of damage.

And wand whacking is the primary form of damage for Techer for bosses, FYI. Pretty ignorant to say otherwise. If you aren't finding an XQ floor enemy resistant to wands, those are individually programmed by Sega, nothing to do with the players. If you aren't finding any UQ enemies resisting wands, then it's because other weapons are beating it out. Not because wand whacking is uncommon.

And since resistances aren't nearly as crippling as you seem to think, I cut out the Megiverse parts of your post because it assumes that nobody in the party can even do anything. Which is never the case. There is no such thing as a fight in PSO2 where players have to go on the defense. What you described is completely fictional. Which makes the whole post useless advice for situations that don't exist.

Keilyn
Nov 27, 2014, 04:42 PM
Pure-types are players who go all-in within one of the three damage dealing attributes to take as much advantage of the multipliers through the highest base number possible. I see it all the time out there ;)

Actually in Ultimate Mode I see it all the time now, players take a hit and rather than use a healing item or simply get clear...they actually try to get clear from mobs. You may call them "newbs" or "Pugs" or whatever....but those players exist....and I get quite a number of thanks and friend requests from actually trying to help out.

You know that of all the classes, techer has my favorite thing. They have the ability to support and help any party out. They are like the bass player of a band. A great bass player can make a shitty band sound good, while a shit bass player will make the strongest band out there sound like garbage. :)

If you live in the U.S, Happy Thanksgiving. If not, then I will just say "good day." I rather not sink to your level and throw assumptions and insults across the internet.

Achelousaurus
Nov 27, 2014, 06:19 PM

. _.
Sounds like our usual Sega.

So who allowed the Fi with twin daggers to do the most damage first phase? :/
LMAO

anga is way easier now that it's not clawing entire sectors down. if it really is number of kills, i imagine this anga isn't going to stick around too long due to dying so much faster.

it'll be funny if there's two kinds of anga listed in the quest records when they come up.
I never found Anga particularly hard.
It's not even a shred as dangerous as Diabo.
Diabo is all over the place, at once, hitting you with wings, tail, head and fire, all the fire in the world.
The only really dangerous thing Anga has is waving the bits with beam saber extended and that's halfway predictable. Even if not you can just guard as melee or spam dodge.

Anga feels like some SH boss with far more hp than usual.
Diabo feels like soloing SH Luther at lvl 50.

Megiverse? What is this? Are we playing the same game?
And I kinda heard some people mention a tech called Zonndiel or something. Never seen it.

Selphea
Nov 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
Twin Daggers aren't half bad with 15.6% stronger PAs, unlike other weapons you don't really need to bother with Anga's mechanics when using daggers. You just kind of float around in the air and ignore everything until you hear its jingle and then press shift or Facet Folia to duck into it.

TMGs are kind of the same except lol TMG damage.

Rakurai
Nov 27, 2014, 07:14 PM
GU relies entirely on Chain Trigger to do competitive damage on bosses now, it seems like.

On a side-note, is that membrane around its core breakable? I never noticed until recently that it wasn't always taking extra damage from people hitting its core, even when it was down after having all six bits destroyed.

strikerhunter
Nov 27, 2014, 08:19 PM
Call me blind, but what's the difference between the one now and the form before maint happened.

final_attack
Nov 27, 2014, 08:24 PM
Well, last time I played UQ (as Tmg GuRa) ..... my damage relies on Resta / Megiverse (someone spamemd Resta entire battle) and WB (someone else did it, I'm bad with WB) ..... of course, no Chain used (didn't find the opportunity to use it, since Anga isn't stunned) ......

and when I see it's resistance :wacko: I'm switching role to mob clearing or use Launcher / Rifle instead :wacko: Only 10%(?) damage to Anga when it has the resistance.

Though with UQ like this, Te and Fo is a blessing ..... that Resta / Megiverse, Deband Cut and Deband Toughness ..... make tanking possible as Gu.

Edit : that Dark Matter Bomb (?) sure is annoying and can kills.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/d8du5/dfbbdcdd0c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Nov 27, 2014, 08:25 PM
Call me blind, but what's the difference between the one now and the form before maint happened.

It doesn't look any different as far as I've noticed.

It just has a few new attacks and adaptive resistances.

Netro Shine
Nov 27, 2014, 08:25 PM
Megiverse? What is this? Are we playing the same game?
And I kinda heard some people mention a tech called Zonndiel or something. Never seen it.
Is this legit? I'm going to proceed as though it is.

Megiverse if your field medic Tech, the Dark aura. Drop it down, allies dealing damage in it will steal back a portion of their damage and recover HP. Not a perfect replacement for Resta, it has merits and downfalls, but the biggest benefit is that your stats don't impact its usefulness. Any Tech user can drop it to benefit the MPA.

Zondeel is your lighting aura. It's like the most basic CC Tech available; it sucks enemies together in a clump so all your damage hits all of the things all at once. It's a simple way to make your damage go much further in a lot of situations.

It's hard to CC bosses though, so Zondeel is generally useless against Anga. As for Megiverse, it's super useful against Anga since you can basically just keep casting it every few seconds and render your MPA significantly tougher. It's similar to handing all your mates the functional equivalent of an Elder Pain in whatever weapon flavor they prefer long as you keep it down and around where they're standing.

Rakurai
Nov 27, 2014, 08:30 PM
I think that was a joke post...

Megiverse is legitimately useful at times, but all of the UQ enemies have resistance to vacuum effects, which limits Zondeel's usefulness. Neither really see much use overall in UQs from my experience.

Alma
Nov 27, 2014, 08:48 PM
^not all, the one resist zondeel pull was mobs with infection (which is...well, 75% mobs all of the time)
normal UQ mob can be zondeel pulled just fine.

angrysquid
Nov 27, 2014, 08:56 PM
Haven't encountered any of those phase 2 Angas so far ; whats the trick . _.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 27, 2014, 09:13 PM
Pure-types are players who go all-in within one of the three damage dealing attributes to take as much advantage of the multipliers through the highest base number possible. I see it all the time out there ;)

Actually in Ultimate Mode I see it all the time now, players take a hit and rather than use a healing item or simply get clear...they actually try to get clear from mobs. You may call them "newbs" or "Pugs" or whatever....but those players exist....and I get quite a number of thanks and friend requests from actually trying to help out.

(-_\)

You're going to have to explain how healing after getting hit or specializing in a type of damage makes hybrid players and Megiverse useful for getting around resistances. Healing after getting hit has nothing to do with an enemy's resistances, and, as I said in my previous post, focusing on a particular damage type does not make hybrids useful, because both have access to several different weapons, and resistances are weapon/element based.

I haven't said anything insulting that you haven't repeatedly demonstrated as being an accurate assessment of your posts, so please don't give me that bull. You gave out several inaccurate "facts" while trying to give advice. That's no good if your intent is to help people, so I corrected them.

Is this legit? I'm going to proceed as though it is.

Zondeel is your lighting aura. It's like the most basic CC Tech available; it sucks enemies together in a clump so all your damage hits all of the things all at once. It's a simple way to make your damage go much further in a lot of situations.

It's hard to CC bosses though, so Zondeel is generally useless against Anga. As for Megiverse, it's super useful against Anga since you can basically just keep casting it every few seconds and render your MPA significantly tougher. It's similar to handing all your mates the functional equivalent of an Elder Pain in whatever weapon flavor they prefer long as you keep it down and around where they're standing.

It was sarcasm.

Zondeel doesn't work on large bosses and some mid-bosses/mobs in the first place, barring some very specific exceptions (such as when they're stunned, like Zesh on its back), by the way. Zondeel is literally worthless against Anga Fandarge. It's a bad idea to pull things with large attack ranges anyway, especially if they don't flinch. Number of gripes I've seen from people dealing with Zondeel'd Goldrahda performing their spinning kicks is bad enough, bosses would be even worse.

Achelousaurus
Nov 27, 2014, 09:53 PM
Is this legit?
Nah, just sarcasm cause I am frustrated of 95% of my ult runs being with idiots that have no clue how to play their class.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I just had an ult run where someone was keeping WB up on Diabo's wings.

So I promptly broke them both. Sadly the tail is really damn hard to get, even with daggers cause Diabo rarely spawns in an area with enough space, so most of the time it is inside the walls.

Yayate
Nov 27, 2014, 10:08 PM
Nah, just sarcasm cause I am frustrated of 95% of my ult runs being with idiots that have no clue how to play their class.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I just had an ult run where someone was keeping WB up on Diabo's wings.

So I promptly broke them both. Sadly the tail is really damn hard to get, even with daggers cause Diabo rarely spawns in an area with enough space, so most of the time it is inside the walls.

You're supposed to break his wings. A RA can break them in a single (or two at most) satellite cannon. It takes all of 3~ seconds.

Sanguine2009
Nov 27, 2014, 10:28 PM
diabo has a massive blind spot between his legs, only a few of his attacks can hit you if you stay there. how anyone has trouble with him i dont know, he is easier than many bosses we already had.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 27, 2014, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the dude knows that you're supposed to break the wings (or any other breakable parts if you want drops); he's just expressing his astonishment since it appears that no one really wants to break anything.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 27, 2014, 11:17 PM
it appears that no one really wants to break anything.

I wonder why people think no one wants to break those parts. It's just exceedingly hard to do so with alot of weapon/attack types with how much it moves. Granted FOs have no excuse because ilbarta.

Maenara
Nov 27, 2014, 11:28 PM
People assume that every single boss follows Dark Falz Elder's pattern over breaking parts only allowing units to drop.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 28, 2014, 12:16 AM
Most bosses have part breaks adding to all of their drops, and not just a few particular ones like Elder, Snow pair, etc. So it's actually a pretty bad assumption to make about Diabo.

But it looks like swiki states that is actually the case with Diabo. Go figure!

Maenara
Nov 28, 2014, 12:31 AM
They should add a boss that's super easy to kill by breaking parts, but doing so completely removes any chance of rares.

Tivor
Nov 28, 2014, 12:50 AM
Sadly the tail is really damn hard to get, even with daggers cause Diabo rarely spawns in an area with enough space, so most of the time it is inside the walls.

I guess Sarabande's reach should be enough to hit that. Not that good compared to Orchestra or Symphony, but it's still something.

Maenara
Nov 28, 2014, 12:55 AM
Wasn't this topic about Anga Fundarge or something

Rakurai
Nov 28, 2014, 05:14 AM
I didn't realize that Anga Fandarge doesn't even have a weak point until you break the membrane around its core because of the sheer amount of damage it takes to actually accomplish that, coupled with the fact that most people are just hitting its body instead which leads to it dying before that happens.

It probably provides extra drops, too, which makes the fact rather annoying.

It's also getting two resists now, and gaining them before it even revives, so I presume it's at full power now.

Achelousaurus
Nov 28, 2014, 05:53 AM
You're supposed to break his wings. A RA can break them in a single (or two at most) satellite cannon. It takes all of 3~ seconds.
What can I say, I usually play braver and getting to the wings is hard enough when Diabo doesn't move much but most of the time he moves around like a rabid dog on speed and crack and steroids.

diabo has a massive blind spot between his legs, only a few of his attacks can hit you if you stay there. how anyone has trouble with him i dont know, he is easier than many bosses we already had.
But he tends to spam attacks that can hit you there as well like his ground slame with a 360° shockwave or turning rapidly and moving all the time and he spends a great deal of time in air while firing his lazer to ignite the ground.

People assume that every single boss follows Dark Falz Elder's pattern over breaking parts only allowing units to drop.
No, most people either don't know or don't care about breaking.

I went on a rare giggles trigger run with friend a few weeks ago and had to tell him that more breaks = more items = better chance of finding rares.
And he seemed an alround good player so I was confused cause he didn't know such a fundamental fact about the game.

Most bosses have part breaks adding to all of their drops, and not just a few particular ones like Elder, Snow pair, etc. So it's actually a pretty bad assumption to make about Diabo.

...Diabo drops units?
Speakign of which, is there any table/list of drops for ult enemies?

I guess Sarabande's reach should be enough to hit that. Not that good compared to Orchestra or Symphony, but it's still something.
No, I meant it's clipping into walls and thus completely unreachable most of the time.

Wasn't this topic about Anga Fundarge or something
Yes, but Anga is really tame compared to Diabo.
I guess one reason is that Anga also seems to spawn only like half the mobs Diabo comes with, so the general clsuterfuck is much less of a problem.

Yayate
Nov 28, 2014, 06:16 AM
What can I say, I usually play braver and getting to the wings is hard enough when Diabo doesn't move much but most of the time he moves around like a rabid dog on speed and crack and steroids.

Hatou does a very good job at damaging them, and so does flailing around in KC. Braver has the easiest time out of all non-ranged classes in dealing with the wings.

If all else fails, a Partizan works very well, too.

...Diabo drops units?

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E5%A3%8A%E4%B8%96%E8%AA%BF%E6%9F%BB%EF% BC%9A%E3%83%8A%E3%83%99%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B9

Rakurai
Nov 28, 2014, 07:50 AM
The amount of damage it takes to break Anga Fandarge's core membrane is really ridiculous.

Even with a weak bullet on it and me focusing on it for the entirety of the second phase, it didn't break, whereas I can easily get at least one of Diabol Grissith's parts before it dies without any weak bullet support. It seems like it can take at least half of its total HP in abuse, which would explain why I've only seen it happen maybe twice or so out of three dozen kills. I'm assuming most people probably don't even realize that it's breakable because of how long it takes.

GreenArcher
Nov 28, 2014, 09:18 AM

I thought that most bosses part break do not add weapon drops. Maybe we should compile a list of bosses and what their breakable parts add to the drop table?

Agastya
Nov 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
The amount of damage it takes to break Anga Fandarge's core membrane is really ridiculous.

Even with a weak bullet on it and me focusing on it for the entirety of the second phase, it didn't break, whereas I can easily get at least one of Diabol Grissith's parts before it dies without any weak bullet support. It seems like it can take at least half of its total HP in abuse, which would explain why I've only seen it happen maybe twice or so out of three dozen kills. I'm assuming most people probably don't even realize that it's breakable because of how long it takes.
you open the core by breaking the bits, not hammering on the core itself.

though with most parties, it's faster to just wail on the core than try to break the bits anyway.

Z-0
Nov 28, 2014, 11:55 AM
Can also open the core by inflicting Panic. Ilgrants spam is definitely recommended against Anga.

Agastya
Nov 28, 2014, 12:04 PM
ilgrants spam doesn't expose the weak point, it just stuns it. you have to break the bits to turn the core into a weak point.

it just doesn't really matter because if you break it in the first phase, it reverts to unbroken in the second phase.

speaking of phases, i've noticed anga's gone from doing the same pattern in both phases to using both of the patterns we've seen for different phases now.

e: i just noticed anga is coming up with two resists at once now and not just one. horrifying.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 28, 2014, 02:16 PM
...Diabo drops units?

11* rear/leg units. Have a set bonus, but you have to equip the 11* partisan as well (Speed Rain damage buffing potential, if you're curious). Unique case of a 3 piece set with only two units.

Look up each enemy individually on swiki or something for drop tables. UQs have universal 10* drops the same way Red/Blue weapons are universal drops in VH/SHAQs, in case you don't know.

I thought that most bosses part break do not add weapon drops. Maybe we should compile a list of bosses and what their breakable parts add to the drop table?

swiki already makes notes about this stuff, no need. The general rule of thumb is that part breaks simply add to drop quantity indiscriminately.

FireswordRus
Nov 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
confirmed, sega add resist and new powerful attacks, ANGA now can kill tanks instantly, with over 1700 HP
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/5582554

Rakurai
Nov 28, 2014, 04:40 PM
ilgrants spam doesn't expose the weak point, it just stuns it. you have to break the bits to turn the core into a weak point.

it just doesn't really matter because if you break it in the first phase, it reverts to unbroken in the second phase.

I'd be surprised if it didn't give extra drops for breaking the all of the bits in the second phase.

At least people seem to be getting into a habit of doing it now.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 28, 2014, 08:19 PM
I've already asked this question before in the "Quick Questions" thread about breaking Anga for more drops.

I'm on Ship 7 so I just MPA with Japanese randoms as a Ra/Hu; no clue really about how to "break" Anga so I would just WB the red-bottom-body; if it's true that destroying all the bits which causes Anga to collapse onto the ground and to expose his core, leading to more drops (and NOT by using Panic to cause him to collapse to the ground), then I feel like an goddamn asshole for being an inadequate Ranger. It's really unfortunate too because no one says anything, I can't communicate with the Japanese because of the language barrier, so don't really know what to do. Don't really know if breaking the bits in fact leads to more drops... or should if break the bits in both the 1st and the 2nd phase.

However, from now on I should probably NOT WB the red-bottom-body and focus on the bits so that I can destroy them first (causing him to collapse) and then WB ---> SatCan the core????

I might be answering my question, but I think this might be the case at "breaking" Anga... meaning to "break" him, the MPA has to destroy the bits first in both phases (I guess I just need to make sure so I'm not the asshole who keeps ruining it for everyone in UQ).

I don't know what's going on anymore, some times I see other Rangers wb-ing the body, sometimes they WB the bits first, sometimes they do nothing. I guess I'm just going to WB the bits first.

Aine
Nov 29, 2014, 12:08 AM
Fastest way to kill Anga is just to WB the red ball core, spam Ilgrants until he collapses, and then spam Ragrants until he dies. The core becomes targetable a few seconds before he emerges in his second form, so if you have enough Forces spamming Ragrants he'll collapse again immediately. He doesn't seem to change resistances while down so with enough firepower you can finish him off in one down.

I've gotten two 13-stars this way, so I wouldn't even bother trying to break all the bits. Takes too much time.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 29, 2014, 12:39 AM
After reading a couple of posts in this thread, there seems to be some confusion as to what Anga's CORE actually is (myself included).

As I understand it, Anga's CORE is NOT the big-red-bottom-lower-half of his body, but instead, the CORE becomes temporarily exposed when Anga collapses onto the ground (whether the CORE is TRULY exposed via destroying all the bits or by merely inflicting panic----> not really sure, don't know if there's a consensus on it); even I'm not sure myself since once Anga's on the ground, the red-ball still kinda looks the same.

Even though I'm on Ship 7, I asked Ship 2 players via G-Chat on how to handle Anga, and it seems that the general method to get more drops is to destroy the bits first, although it appears that in Aine's case, the bits doesn't matter, but what matters is destroying the CORE to get more drops? Or maybe the CORE doesn't even matter, just the mere fact that you have to simply destroy Anga and that's it.

Rakurai
Nov 29, 2014, 02:14 AM
The core becomes permanently vulnerable once all six bits are destroyed once. You can tell because it won't have that red webbing surrounding it anymore.

I get the impression that hitting the bits does count towards damaging it, though, as it'll still collapse from Panic even if you're only targeting the bits.