PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about future Ultimate Amduscia

DeificEpyon
Nov 30, 2014, 03:49 PM
So I was doing some daily orders today in the Caves, and I got to thinking.

Unless SEGA plans on crashing another ship into Amduscia, they'd have to think of something else to explain why ultimate happens on Amduscia (big mutated enemies, etc). I realized that Caves has a lot of giant rib-cages, horns, all kinds of bones laying around in there. Some of these are quite large, and if they were dragons, they would have been quite larger than any Vol Dragon. Assuming these are ancient bones, their ancestors would have been quite a bit larger than now. Since this game deals with time-travel, what if Ultimate Amduscia had us travel back to a prehistoric Amduscia with bigger, meaner dragonkin? Since SEGA seems intent on having this one area planet mode for Ultimate, it could also work to their advantage. Perhaps Amduscia was not always a planet with floating continents. Perhaps at some point, what are now two tribes of dragonkin, were once one.

It is a rather intriguing concept, and could be a clever use of the time-travel mechanic they've added in. Obviously we'd have to have a reason for going there, but I'm sure they'd think of something (then again ARKS kind of just go where they please and blow everything up). They could even explain how the Floating Continents came to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being blamed on the player though... >_>

That being said, what do you guys think? I just had these thoughts a few minutes ago and thought it would be a rather curious topic to discuss. If SEGA did something like this, I'd probably get more interested in the story.

Poyonche
Nov 30, 2014, 03:58 PM
So I was doing some daily orders today in the Caves, and I got to thinking.

Unless SEGA plans on crashing another ship into Amduscia, they'd have to think of something else to explain why ultimate happens on Amduscia (big mutated enemies, etc). I realized that Caves has a lot of giant rib-cages, horns, all kinds of bones laying around in there. Some of these are quite large, and if they were dragons, they would have been quite larger than any Vol Dragon. Assuming these are ancient bones, their ancestors would have been quite a bit larger than now. Since this game deals with time-travel, what if Ultimate Amduscia had us travel back to a prehistoric Amduscia with bigger, meaner dragonkin? Since SEGA seems intent on having this one area planet mode for Ultimate, it could also work to their advantage. Perhaps Amduscia was not always a planet with floating continents. Perhaps at some point, what are now two tribes of dragonkin, were once one.

It is a rather intriguing concept, and could be a clever use of the time-travel mechanic they've added in. Obviously we'd have to have a reason for going there, but I'm sure they'd think of something (then again ARKS kind of just go where they please and blow everything up). They could even explain how the Floating Continents came to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being blamed on the player though... >_>

That being said, what do you guys think? I just had these thoughts a few minutes ago and thought it would be a rather curious topic to discuss. If SEGA did something like this, I'd probably get more interested in the story.

Keep dat for a story quest, sounds really interesting.

DeificEpyon
Nov 30, 2014, 04:29 PM
Keep dat for a story quest, sounds really interesting.

Yeah, I could see them integrating that into the story. It would be able to tie into ultimate perfectly though. One area for the planet, giant enemies on steroids. Two birds, one stone sorta thing.

Rakurai
Nov 30, 2014, 04:44 PM
I'm kind of curious as to how it would be, as well, especially considering that it's the only planet that hasn't had any major involvement with one of the Dark Falz (Or so we think), and has the lowest Darker presence overall.

Sanguine2009
Nov 30, 2014, 05:04 PM
couldn't chrome rip holes in space? bam, there's your explanation. before we killed chrome he tore open a hole to an alternate ama or something.

strikerhunter
Nov 30, 2014, 05:18 PM
@OP
Okay first thing, Ultimate has no relationship with time travel (but I wouldn't exclude it out yet). There was another thread talking about this and even the description on Ultimate Nab mentions it being on another region on Nab.

What I expect from Ultimate Amud?
-An area that have the design like Caves but have the looks of F.C. with the occasional Sanctum doors/turrets/Pads
-Judging from what they did with Nab, expect to see Black Dragons using dark attacks/technic and being weak to light. (I expect them to look evil)
-I expect Ultimate Quartz Dragon to use Megiverse, Samegid as breath attack, Gimegid to replace Light Rain, and homing Ilmegid balls to replace those fucken Light arrows of his.

I'm kind of curious as to how it would be, as well, especially considering that it's the only planet that hasn't had any major involvement with one of the Dark Falz (Or so we think), and has the lowest Darker presence overall.

Lowest Darker presence because the existence of the an intelligent race (dragonkins).

Oh and *cough* Hadred.....

DeificEpyon
Nov 30, 2014, 05:53 PM
@OPOkay first thing, Ultimate has no relationship with time travel (but I wouldn't exclude it out yet).

As of yet, it has no relationship with time-travel, yes. That doesn't mean it can't change though. Since you haven't ruled it out yourself it would seem you agree.

What I expect from Ultimate Amud?
-An area that have the design like Caves but have the looks of F.C. with the occasional Sanctum doors/turrets/Pads
-Judging from what they did with Nab, expect to see Black Dragons using dark attacks/technic and being weak to light. (I expect them to look evil)
-I expect Ultimate Quartz Dragon to use Megiverse, Samegid as breath attack, Gimegid to replace Light Rain, and homing Ilmegid balls to replace those fucken Light arrows of his.

Yeah, I could see that also. It would make sense for them to use opposite elements.

My original idea before I had posted this thread was that Cave enemies would end up using ice and being weak to fire. I remember in PSO 1 they changed the dragon arena in ultimate to be the opposite of what it was in regular play.

LordKaiser
Nov 30, 2014, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Amducia could be either frozen caves with Ice dragons like a Ice Vol Dragon or A dark floating continent with dark dragons including Ultimate Quartz variant. I do hope that this Quartz soul boost Power IV and Spirita IV.

I can't imagine how a Ultimate Lilipa would be.

DeificEpyon
Nov 30, 2014, 05:59 PM

I can't either. I have a feeling SEGA is still working out the details of future ultimate areas so that they make sense. Like strikehunter about Naberius, future areas could end up just being one part of the planet instead of the whole planet. My idea about Amduscia engulfs the whole planet. It would be a clever use of time-travel, but SEGA will probably settle for something more simple.

Moocast
Nov 30, 2014, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Lilipa

Giant. Enemy. LILIPANS.

But bigger than the Hulk Lilipans

strikerhunter
Nov 30, 2014, 06:22 PM

I can see it already happening..........Cougars! Cougars Everywhere!!!

Yeah, I could see that also. It would make sense for them to use opposite elements.

My original idea before I had posted this thread was that Cave enemies would end up using ice and being weak to fire. I remember in PSO 1 they changed the dragon arena in ultimate to be the opposite of what it was in regular play.

Hmm. Ultimate Amud wouldn't just consist of Cave Dragons, it would consist of all Amud Dragons.

-Perhaps dual element enemy? o_O Nab was easier done because Tundra and Forest enemy was weak to Fire and now Ult Nab uses Fire. Ice and Dark (boom new Tech combo :P) attacks and weak to Light.

Ultimate Amducia could be either frozen caves with Ice dragons like a Ice Vol Dragon or A dark floating continent with dark dragons including Ultimate Quartz variant. I do hope that this Quartz soul boost Power IV and Spirita IV.

Why not both? Black Ice!!!!!

DeificEpyon
Nov 30, 2014, 06:40 PM
I can see it already happening..........Cougars! Cougars Everywhere!!!

Hmm. Ultimate Amud wouldn't just consist of Cave Dragons, it would consist of all Amud Dragons.

-Perhaps dual element enemy? o_O Nab was easier done because Tundra and Forest enemy was weak to Fire and now Ult Nab uses Fire. Ice and Dark (boom new Tech combo :P) attacks and weak to Light.

Why not both? Black Ice!!!!!

I was speaking strictly about the cave enemies, but yes Floating Continent enemies would have to be present as well if they stick with the one area planet idea for ultimate.

My idea about the time-travel thing implies all the dragonkin being one group though, since it would be before the floating continents existed. It's a cool idea, but I don't think SEGA would do it since they probably want to keep the floating platforms and have ultimate versions of the blue dragonkin as well. =/

Whatever they have planned, I hope it's fun. Caves was a real disappointment on this game, but I do like the Floating Continent.

Sacrificial
Nov 30, 2014, 06:59 PM
Ultimate sanctum.
Scyted Direndal as wide as the map.
Digivolved Sol Direndal spamming grenades like SH Varda.

yoshiblue
Nov 30, 2014, 07:05 PM
:wacko:
*Rules of nature* (http://youtu.be/N3472Q6kvg0?t=1m3s)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 30, 2014, 07:20 PM
:wacko:
*Rules of nature* (http://youtu.be/N3472Q6kvg0?t=1m3s)

Filled with transREXias.

lnvisible
Nov 30, 2014, 07:48 PM
Simple, Jean gives our characters some laced photon candy and suddenly.. Ult Amduscia.

untrustful
Nov 30, 2014, 08:14 PM
dragons weak to wind yo

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 30, 2014, 10:01 PM
Filled with transREXias.

All of my yes.

Now then, what about Ult. Vopar?

lnvisible
Nov 30, 2014, 10:09 PM
All of my yes.

Now then, what about Ult. Vopar?

Lach ness monsters and psyducks everywhere.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 1, 2014, 01:09 AM
So far, using Ultimate Naberius and what's datamined about Ultimate Lilipa, we can make the following observations.

1) Ultimate Naberius is the quest name, but the actual area is "World Destroyed Forest" (or something like that). This means that Ultimate areas are not necessarily one for each planet. We have Naberius I and II for TAs, seems reasonable to assume that Ultimate Naberius II is a possibility, along with the rest of the planets. This is just to point out that it isn't necessarily one per planet, not saying it will happen or anything.

2) Not all enemies will get Ultimate variations, and some enemies from other areas get reskins. Diabo Igrissith is obviously a Vol Dragon, but made into a Native. Ultimate Lilipa has datamined mech variations of Banther/Banshee, only with differing weapons on them instead of basically being the same (Banther's just a beefed up Banshee after all). From this, we can observe that Vol Dragon most likely will not get an Ultimate equivalent. We can also observe that Ultimate Lilipa has aquatic darkers, as Ultimate cyclops and Wonda darkers have been datamined in the same update that contained other Ultimate mechs.

3) From what we know of AQs, which had basically the same description except for City (because it isn't an actual area on a planet), we can assume that Ultimate will have the same explanation for every quest. Xiao says stuff about an infection from an alternate timeline replacing the ones present in the area, and we know Anga Fandarge is responsible for at least some of the changes to Ultimate Naberius. From that, we can assume that all Ultimate quests will be suffering from changes from a Distorted Creature-type, which are most likely based on Photon Blasts (Anga looks like Ajax, drops weapons based on PBs that have PB related potentials, and has a rotating drop table that would work perfectly with other similar bosses to ensure that all 13*s can be available at the same time), of which there are currently five of. This, incidentally, coincides with the number of planets currently implemented.

4) Ultimate Naberius natives are weak to ice, and utilize fire. They were previously universally weak to fire, with an additional wind weakness for some (but not all) forest natives. Additionally, fire and ice are "opposing" elements, so their element/weakness can be said to be inverted. However, fire usage and ice weakness matches with Vol Dragon (weak to dark too, but only on horns, and only on normal variant), and Diabo Igrissith obviously takes many cues from Vol Dragon. Given that Banther/Banshee have been made into mechs, it is most likely that Vol Dragon will not make an appearance in Ultimate as well. This leads to several possibilities.

4a) All Ultimate maps will have a reskinned boss based on a boss not native to the planet, which will set the tone for weaknesses and elements (this means that mechs may be weak to fire and use either wind or ice, and that dragons are still up in the air but most likely will use a reskinned mech for one of the bosses, though other maps are also a possibility).
4b) All Ultimate maps will feature mobs using their weakness element, and being weak to the opposite of it (mechs would retain lightning usage, but become weak to wind, and dragons would use either ice or dark, and become weak to fire or light).
4c) All Ultimate maps will simply invert elemental usage and weaknesses (mechs use and are weak to wind, and dragons will be the same as 4b).

As a tangent about something that was mentioned earlier, Chrome Dragon cannot naturally rip holes into reality. It can do that because of Luther's experiments. Chrome Dragon has more in common with darkers than it does dragons because of the experiments (growing darker parts, summoning darkers, appearing on any map like a darker, being weak to light, something all darkers have in common, etc), though it's still classified as a dragon of course, since it is a dragon. Just a very un-dragonlike dragon by its nature. So it's pretty unlikely anything it can do will actually result in Amduscia, something that it doesn't even really call a home, developing its Ultimate area.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 2, 2014, 09:23 PM
They did mention in the story about the Legendary Hell Dragon Kashina, which probably would make an appearance in Ultimate Amduscia.