PDA

View Full Version : SEGA reports the number of accounts that has been banned for practicing RMT

Manta Oyamada
Dec 2, 2014, 07:30 AM
SEGA reports the number of accounts that has been banned for practicing RMT (Real Money Trading) inside the game from November 1 til November 30, 2014.

Number of Accounts Banned: 153

Any types of transaction within the game that involves real money to purchase items or even meseta from other players are not allowed as part of the rule of PSO2.

Achelousaurus
Dec 2, 2014, 08:37 AM
How do they find out?
I suppose they got websites advertising it and then Sega just tracked what these players were doing ingame?

Sizustar
Dec 2, 2014, 08:41 AM
How do they find out?

There might be a few way~

1. Directly contact the RMTer through whatever service they use<Yahoo auction usually> and meet them in game.
2. Check the record for a player giving/trading/buying large amount of meseta to a large number of players<They usually ignore people with 1~3 alt account, that sell fun stuff, then "give" the money back to the main, by having main sell junk item for the alt full money.>

Edson Drake
Dec 2, 2014, 08:50 AM
That's a tiny number actually, which makes sense since I never saw anyone announcing any kind of RMT in-game. It must be from websites like jsp for sure.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 2, 2014, 09:38 AM
One of my friends was wrongly accused of rtm and was banned and even after sega found out her account wasn't apart of anything related to that they kept the ban hammer because she wasn't from Japan. Isn't that great that sega can do shit like that?

wefwq
Dec 2, 2014, 09:51 AM
Naw, 153 are nothing compared to old days when bots run rampant everywhere.

Sizustar
Dec 2, 2014, 09:55 AM
One of my friends was wrongly accused of rtm and was banned and even after sega found out her account wasn't apart of anything related to that they kept the ban hammer because she wasn't from Japan. Isn't that great that sega can do shit like that?

It's stated in the rule that they service the japan region only.

wefwq
Dec 2, 2014, 10:24 AM
They have right to ban us who play PSO2JP outside from JP, though.
It's been like "play here but with risk of being banned for no reason and you can't do any shit about it" since they updated game ToS.

Lostbob117
Dec 2, 2014, 11:08 AM

For her? No. For us? I don't think many of us care.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 2, 2014, 11:22 AM

That's kind of a shitty way of addressing it.

I sympathize with her, but ultimately it was laid out right in the ToS that PSO2 is meant for Japan only. I have 2 backup accounts in case my main one gets banned for whatever reason in the future just because of that.

Gama
Dec 2, 2014, 11:26 AM
is there like a list?

these things make me nervous due to the amount of false positives going around.

Sizustar
Dec 2, 2014, 11:51 AM
is there like a list?

these things make me nervous due to the amount of false positives going around.

List of what?

And I don't really think there is alot of false positive, I've only know one person getting wrongfully banned, but that's because that person has 11 account, and use the fun point from the other 10 account to funnel money back to his main account.
He got it all back after contacting Sega.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 2, 2014, 05:03 PM

I figured I'd share what happened to a friend of mine as more of a warning if anyone here streams the game a lot..........jackass.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 2, 2014, 05:14 PM
was she hot

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 2, 2014, 05:39 PM
was she hot

well off topic but her caseal was all kinds of fine if you ask me x)

subtledemise
Dec 2, 2014, 05:46 PM
That's kind of a shitty way of addressing it.

I sympathize with her, but ultimately it was laid out right in the ToS that PSO2 is meant for Japan only. I have 2 backup accounts in case my main one gets banned for whatever reason in the future just because of that.It's really shitty that it's in the ToS in the first place though, because the game is never going to be released anywhere outside of Asia.

Lostbob117
Dec 2, 2014, 06:45 PM
I figured I'd share what happened to a friend of mine as more of a warning if anyone here streams the game a lot..........jackass.

You never added the streaming part or any warning like that in your first posts.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 2, 2014, 06:51 PM
You never added the streaming part or any warning like that in your first posts.

It was implied dude, clear as day. And it was no excuse for the way you responded.

/ontopic

I take care to avoid situations like that. Most of my stuff is either solo or in mpas. You'll never see me hanging in the lobby when I'm recording. Ever. Because of shit like this. I don't trust SEGA one bit.

Jazneo
Dec 2, 2014, 08:36 PM
there buying gold bot money that what there get a ban

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 2, 2014, 10:35 PM
buying money? wtf this i have heard of but c'mon buy meseta with real money? what a total waste of hard earned cash. Do TACOS and dailies i always say.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 2, 2014, 11:43 PM
buying money? wtf this i have heard of but c'mon buy meseta with real money? what a total waste of hard earned cash. Do TACOS and dailies i always say.
Many games do that.

PSO2 really shouldn't be one of them, though.

Walkure
Dec 3, 2014, 12:02 AM
buying money? wtf this i have heard of but c'mon buy meseta with real money? what a total waste of hard earned cash. Do TACOS and dailies i always say.Even if money is not really needed or is readily available, people still buy it for various reasons.

It's so bad on FFXIV that even the subreddit for it gets spammed (http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mxlgs/do_gold_buyers_get_banned/ccdpujn)!

sol_trigger
Dec 3, 2014, 12:15 AM
there are ppl buying 2m meseta for 30$ lol (JP version).

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2014, 12:31 AM

$30? for 2m serious? LOL, i'd rather spend it on AC have the chance to get something like a expensive hairstyle.

Z-0
Dec 3, 2014, 06:50 AM
wtf why? all the major JP RMT sites sell meseta for about 70c ~ $1.18 for a million depending on your ship. Go look around if you don't believe me.

They even sell chars lol. Can get a max level char for about $25.

Achelousaurus
Dec 3, 2014, 09:30 AM
Sega needs to crack down for real on them or they lose massive profits.
Whereas they are but a minor nuisance for monthly fee games, an f2p game is in direct competion with RMT people.

Alukard
Dec 3, 2014, 10:58 AM
wtf why? all the major JP RMT sites sell meseta for about 70c ~ $1.18 for a million depending on your ship. Go look around if you don't believe me.

They even sell chars lol. Can get a max level char for about $25.

Is one of the RMT'ers a famous chinese gold farmer named Brandon? I've heard of him once, I think.

Sapphire92
Dec 4, 2014, 02:05 AM
I don't get people who power-level or buy game currency. Isn't half the fun lvling up and collecting money?

Its enough that sega has decided to make extra characters and certain perks "Real-life money" dependant >.>

Noblewine
Dec 4, 2014, 10:15 PM
I don't get people who power-level or buy game currency. Isn't half the fun lvling up and collecting money?

Its enough that sega has decided to make extra characters and certain perks "Real-life money" dependant >.>

Fun fact : Players who pull stunts like that. They usually get bored quickly and move on to a different game. Repeating the same thing again.

Sega has done the same thing on PSO(BB) and PSU so I'm not surprise. Sad to see innocent players just being banned due to sega laziness and piss poor investigation.