PSO2 Episode 3 Late December Contents Preview
Massive Spring 2015 Teaser Preview & Roadmap
Battle against the Darker Kyojin - Magatsu Live Demo
Sakai Satoshi PSO2 Announcement on the last segment

Official Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv201976072
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEiOzx6sOo

Rakurai
Dec 2, 2014, 07:37 AM
Can't miss this one, considering that we're once again delving into the unknown as far as future content goes.

I wasn't under the impression that Magatsu was a Darker, though.

Maenara
Dec 2, 2014, 07:40 AM
All the superbosses have to be weak to light, as it has been written.

Poyonche
Dec 2, 2014, 10:16 AM
Date: December 14, 2014 (Sunday)

Time: 15:00 ~ 18:00 JST

Live Broadcast Features:

Massive Spring 2015 Teaser Preview & Roadmap

Dark Falz Double, Mining Base Defense 4

Plz

cheapgunner
Dec 2, 2014, 10:22 AM
Sounds excellent and I wont miss it. Seeing what were getting couple months from now sounds sweet and the big pso2 annoucement has be curious too.

wefwq
Dec 2, 2014, 10:27 AM
I bet they'll announce some really cool stuff and hold it hostage for another couple of months.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 2, 2014, 10:50 AM
I bet they'll announce some really cool stuff and hold it hostage for another couple of months.

To then totally fuck it up with bs requirements like they always do. Sounds exciting.

Laxedrane
Dec 2, 2014, 11:05 AM
Dark Falz Double, Mining Base Defense 4

Plz

I am kind of hoping next mining base goes along with Apprentice falz!(like phase 1 is a mining base esque attack and then we take her on.

Vintasticvin
Dec 2, 2014, 11:16 AM
To then totally fuck it up with bs requirements like they always do. Sounds exciting.

Oh ho sounds very exciting indeed!

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 2, 2014, 11:24 AM
Maybe they get around to telling us when we get those PSO2 fan designed costumes and weapon camos, eh?

PokeminMaster
Dec 2, 2014, 11:35 AM
I am kind of hoping next mining base goes along with Apprentice falz!(like phase 1 is a mining base esque attack and then we take her on.
But for that... it means we would likely have to lose the Mining Base... which could actually be pretty interesting :o

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 2, 2014, 11:44 AM

But for that... it means we would likely have to lose the Mining Base... which could actually be pretty interesting :o

You mean... all my efforts to protect those damn towers have been for naught?!

Vintasticvin
Dec 2, 2014, 11:45 AM
Maybe they get around to telling us when we get those PSO2 fan designed costumes and weapon camos, eh?

You, a funny man I like these guy.

strikerhunter
Dec 2, 2014, 11:47 AM

Probably around the same time as last year. (Jan-Feb)

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 2, 2014, 11:53 AM
Probably around the same time as last year. (Jan-Feb)

I wouldn't have known lol. Joined this game in March I believe. Sounds reasonable though.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 01:14 PM
Battle against the Darker Kyojin - Magatsu Live Demo

Kyojin is the name for the enemy category native to Harkotan, right? Is it a darker, kyojin, or what? Doesn't have any of the qualities of a darker, and Gigur Gunne-gam got called a darker in a similar news update due to a typo on the person posting it's part, so just wanna pinpoint this and ask about it so we know what the deal is.

wefwq
Dec 2, 2014, 01:27 PM
Kyojin is the name for the enemy category native to Harkotan, right? Is it a darker, kyojin, or what? Doesn't have any of the qualities of a darker, and Gigur Gunne-gam got called a darker in a similar news update due to a typo on the person posting it's part, so just wanna pinpoint this and ask about it so we know what the deal is.
Kyojin/Giants is a native Harukotan enemies, mainly composed by Giant Kurokotans (or whatever they call those giant black guys).

Dnd
Dec 2, 2014, 03:25 PM

Been saying for months that, when apprentice finally makes her grand entry into a tower defense base, she should just completely wreck the towers upon starting her phase one (call it final wave in the quest, or split it up like elder/luther i dont care). A show of power or something to properly set the stage for a real neat fight (which will be lame after 2 days when we find out we can burn her wings or something to stun her for a weakspot >_>; )

Maenara
Dec 2, 2014, 03:50 PM
Going to bet they're going to unveil [Double]'s combat form, or Ultimate Lillipa. Probably the former.

Poyonche
Dec 2, 2014, 03:55 PM
We fight Elder on Arks Ship Wreckage.

We fight Loser/Luther in infested Mothership

We may fight Apprentice in Lillipa's mining area.

So where could we fight Double ? duh

Maenara
Dec 2, 2014, 04:37 PM
[Double] is responsible for ARKS Clones, so the most appropriate place would be Darker Den.

PokeminMaster
Dec 2, 2014, 05:05 PM
Although, would Apprentice really be the next fight? I'm thinking she might be more along the lines of Saint Million... and come after Double, but maybe that's just my love for PSO talking

Maenara
Dec 2, 2014, 05:18 PM
Apprentice doesn't even have a form in the game code yet, Double does.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 2, 2014, 05:32 PM
[Double] is responsible for ARKS Clones, so the most appropriate place would be Darker Den.

Falz Hunar demonstrates the ability to clone the player when he's fought in Abduction, so most likely it's a racial ability of Falzes, or at least not unique to Double.

Apparently Elder also is responsible for safeguarding Darker's Den? Some story mode stuff. Don't think Double's gonna be fought there. It's tough to say what Sega has planned for it, Darker's Den is just barely more focused on than Parallel Areas.

strikerhunter
Dec 2, 2014, 05:36 PM

Where did you get this info? (if latest MB then ye I haven't done that).

Maenara
Dec 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
They clone Loser.

strikerhunter
Dec 2, 2014, 05:39 PM
Oh right dumb me forgot about that scene.

Rakurai
Dec 2, 2014, 10:48 PM
I'd be surprised if we didn't fight Double in Harukotan.

I get the impression they might be in the same situation as Apprentice and have their true forms sealed away there. Somewhere within the White nation's capital seems like a good bet, considering that there's a seal that you're trying to protect from Magatsu's attack.

Manta Oyamada
Dec 4, 2014, 06:26 AM
Youtube Link add

Manta Oyamada
Dec 12, 2014, 10:21 AM
coming

FireswordRus
Dec 12, 2014, 01:33 PM
I am always restream brodcast from NicoNico
restream available on 2 links
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
http://goodgame.ru/channel/fireswordmrm/

Shinamori
Dec 13, 2014, 09:31 PM
This starts in a few hours, right?

Rakurai
Dec 13, 2014, 09:44 PM
Three hours, to be precise.

Shady3011
Dec 14, 2014, 01:17 AM
Merry Christmas on Ice 3 won the viewer poll and will be at 2200 JST with 240% RDR and XP bonus.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 01:21 AM
Merry Christmas on Ice 3 won the viewer poll and will be at 2200 JST with 240% RDR and XP bonus.

They voted for that instead of falz elder? -_-

ShadowDragon28
Dec 14, 2014, 01:24 AM
Santa Falz Gettemhart cosplay LOL

strikerhunter
Dec 14, 2014, 01:28 AM
Santa Falz Gettemhart cosplay LOL

(#゚Д゚)

Shady3011
Dec 14, 2014, 01:39 AM
They voted for that instead of falz elder? -_-

I'm not sure why either. It was by a large majority as well (68%).

lnvisible
Dec 14, 2014, 01:43 AM
That's some shady concept art..

oratank
Dec 14, 2014, 01:55 AM
new cast part ∩( ・ω・)∩

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 01:56 AM
Still waiting for the day we get long hair with volume that covers one eye :(

Infinity Series
Dec 14, 2014, 01:56 AM
new cast part ∩( ・ω・)∩

and caseal too d(´・ω・`)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 01:58 AM
Are males really getting that super cool coat the princess' bodyguard has?

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 02:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PNv4V99.gif

Goukezitsu
Dec 14, 2014, 02:08 AM
Uploaded the first trailer if you missed it! Second one is uploading now.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NHJfsHs90[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: Trailer 2
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLWGM9K1qDo[/SPOILER-BOX]

Stickboy
Dec 14, 2014, 02:09 AM
so they haven't fought magatsu yet?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 02:11 AM
Still waiting for the day we get long hair with volume that covers one eye :(

Woops. Just rewatched something I missed. I may be getting something kinda like it o.o

Manta Oyamada
Dec 14, 2014, 02:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRT1pfI4c3g&feature=youtu.be

strikerhunter
Vibrace out of TD EQ? bout time, should be interesting.

Kondibon
I'm glad to see that braid accessory coming back, but someone come get me if they announce balance changes or new PAs.

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 02:19 AM
Are males really getting that super cool coat the princess' bodyguard has?
I have been wanting that outfit since I first saw it. If it does become available I will spend all my savings in-game to get it. :-P

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 02:22 AM
I have been wanting that outfit since I first saw it. If it does become available I will spend all my savings in-game to get it. :-P

It may be a full suit like rappy suits etc.

Also... prepare for a whole new level of dance pricetags with the quna dances coming.

Had I known, i probably wouldn't have bothered with 29 xD

Is anyone online right now to let us know if there's an EQ coming? xD

Manta Oyamada
Dec 14, 2014, 02:24 AM
http://youtu.be/wd4b-XbFAl8

ShadowDragon28
Dec 14, 2014, 02:33 AM
*nerdgasms* BLACK EXCALIBER. New gothic looking Black Sword, a raven wings partisan! OMG... MUST HAVE THEM.

Dugs
Dec 14, 2014, 02:33 AM
Magatsu starting now, if you wanted to watch just that

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 02:36 AM
Oh, the Princess Bodyguard Outfit is not a full body suit! :-D (thankfully)

I'm still saddened by the fact that they still haven't showed any new partizans besides the one in the Galaxy Express video...which was kind of hideous IMO. Either way, i'm excited for this update.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 02:39 AM
Multiclass jet boots now absolute meta.

Conform or be scum.

PSA: Nab forest EQ about to start

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 02:56 AM
And I remember someone saying Magatsu was going to be a pushover. He looks like he's giving them the flux in the stream. :-o

This guy is nightmare fuel...you guys see the faces after being broken? Creepy....

Dugs
Dec 14, 2014, 02:58 AM
Oh, Magatsu probably is going to be a pushover.

For us, that is. Sure it'll probably take a day for it to get down, like Loser, but... yeah.

lnvisible
I was hoping they would finish it so we would get a general idea of how drops are.. I expect a giant meseta ring the size of the map.

Kondibon
And I remember someone saying Magatsu was going to be a pushover. He looks like he's giving them the flux in the stream. :-o

Everything does. I don't think they've ever completed "hardcore" content on the stream.

Shinamori
Dec 14, 2014, 02:59 AM
They was playing on XH, which almost everyone will be doing.

strikerhunter

This guy is nightmare fuel...you guys see the faces after being broken? Creepy....

That's how the stream's always been with new 12 man EQ, they always fail it. Gets kinda old when you know they will fail it just to make it look harder than it really is.

All-in-all (excluding the horribly bad plays) the EQ looks interesting.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Heard shiranoia ate shit.

That's a win for me.

Selphea
Dec 14, 2014, 03:00 AM
That and a couple players spent more time jumping up and falling down than doing damage :p

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 03:01 AM
That and a couple players spent more time jumping up and falling down than doing damage :p
^

The only ones I think were remotely competent in the whole thing were that fighter using twin daggers, and the Bo using DBs.

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2014, 03:07 AM
None of its attacks looked very difficult to deal with aside from the laser spam it unleashed towards the end.

I imagine a lot of braindead people will probably get killed by the attack that requires you to hide behind something, though...

Tyreek
Dec 14, 2014, 03:52 AM
NAGISA FUCKING REPLICA!!!!

oratank
Dec 14, 2014, 03:53 AM
finally miss nagisa has arrive

strikerhunter
Dec 14, 2014, 03:53 AM
Nagisa and Shizu replica and weapon camo!!!!!! Take my money and give me now!!!!!

Arialle
Dec 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
YES AFTER 2 DAMM YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! NAGISA REPCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dugs
Dec 14, 2014, 03:55 AM
Took em long enough

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 03:56 AM
Chelsea replica when?

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 03:58 AM
SHIZURU COSTUME!!!

I MUST have it!!

I was dozing off until I heard the PSP2i song. It's about time this thing picked up a bit. I was bored.
Did you all hear all the guys in the crowd when they showed Nagisa in a Swimsuit though? lmao.

Does anyone understand any of this though? When is the PSP2i stuff being released?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 04:01 AM
That costume that newearl was wearing when they were talking about nova after the onstage bit... when can we have that in pso2? T.T

I guess somewhere between never, and ever *cries*

edit: teammate wasnt kidding; that's alot of glasses in the audience... *adjusts glasses*

Quna's bikini shot poster and figurine makes her look a good bit taller.

Goukezitsu
Dec 14, 2014, 04:13 AM
Magatsu live playthrough
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7t5nYdJDkU[/SPOILER-BOX]

PSPi Clothes and camos
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YW42f1JNhs[/SPOILER-BOX]

Challenge mode
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfz1QbxLQk[/SPOILER-BOX]

ShadowDragon28
Dec 14, 2014, 04:15 AM
さんたろう Secret Phrase, copy and paste in public chat to win prizes!

Coming soon...

TWO TONE HAIR CHANGE!

omg please please please be appliable to ALL hair styles!

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 04:18 AM
TWO TONE HAIR CHANGE!

omg please please please be appliable to ALL hair styles!http://i.imgur.com/2SgtDoT.gif

It's probably gonna be GV versions of hair...

Alenoir
As a Freedom Wars player, I now know what to throw money at.

EvilMag
OMG OMG C-MODE

Tyreek
Dec 14, 2014, 04:19 AM
Challenge Mode. The REAL one.

Xaelouse
So where's the idiots that said C-Mode wasn't coming when it was in the data all along

Chimeria
The new ship lobby looks badass!
And I guess that "PSO feature" they were speaking of bringing back were the Challenge Modes huh? I always thought those were what the time attacks were supposed to be...

ShadowDragon28
CHALLENGE MODE QUESTS!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY AFTER TWO YEARS!!!

yoshiblue
Dec 14, 2014, 04:20 AM
Darn, was really hoping for that children's card game.

Qualia
Dec 14, 2014, 04:21 AM
Wait was that lobby that they showed a revamp of the gate area or what

Shinamori
Dec 14, 2014, 04:22 AM
Hmm, does that mans S-Rank weapons?

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 04:23 AM
It looked like it. It's alot darker than the original but I like it.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 04:24 AM
As someone who's never played PSO1, what is challenge mode?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 14, 2014, 04:25 AM
Reloaded youtube stream. Video is now private. Racist.

strikerhunter
Dec 14, 2014, 04:25 AM

Looks like the gate area. I also notice campship changed a bit (unless it's the challenge mode campship).

Speaking of challenge mode..............
[SPOILER-BOX]https://d18l82el6cdm1i.cloudfront.net/solvable/5fc83380fd.644b81172f.ubnImP.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Tyreek
Dec 14, 2014, 04:26 AM

Something TAs tried to be, but with actual puzzles, requirements, and "challenge". You also get ranked. Note that you had preset levels and gear, and your survivability went up by finding better gear in each challenge.

Goukezitsu
Dec 14, 2014, 04:28 AM
C-Mode tralier for any who missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfz1QbxLQk

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2014, 04:28 AM
It's basically like the Time Attacks here in PSO2 where you have to do certain tasks throughout the level to advance through the area...

Which is why I'm confused as to why they'd bring it to PSO2. It's pretty much the same thing...

I would have much rather them implement an actual tower run mode (That you need a team to run with) with mobs and special bosses that get harder as you progress.

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2014, 04:30 AM
Anyone get a screenshot of the roadmap?

I missed it.

yoshiblue
Dec 14, 2014, 04:32 AM
Odd to see the lobby on Amduscia in one clip and on Lillipa the next. Then again, panels in the background.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 04:38 AM
Something TAs tried to be, but with actual puzzles, requirements, and "challenge". You also get ranked. Note that you had preset levels and gear, and your survivability went up by finding better gear in each challenge.

It's basically like the Time Attacks here in PSO2 where you have to do certain tasks throughout the level to advance through the area...

Which is why I'm confused as to why they'd bring it to PSO2. It's pretty much the same thing...

I would have much rather them implement an actual tower run mode (That you need a team to run with) with mobs and special bosses that get harder as you progress.Based on what Tyreek said and me actually watching the trailer for it I think it's pretty obvious what the differences are now (starting at level 1 with no gear). I just saw people talking about it a lot and I never understood what it was.

Odd to see the lobby on Amduscia in one clip and on Lillipa the next. Then again, panels in the background.It's probably gonna change depending on which quest you have selected or something.
Based on the way everything is set up I'd say challenge mode is meant to be simulations like XQs.

KazukiQZ
Dec 14, 2014, 04:39 AM
That new lobby area is most probably Challenge Mode Ship. Because I don't think SEGA would just throw away the current lobby, it's not even reach 1 full Episode yet xD

PokeminMaster
Dec 14, 2014, 04:40 AM
Oh man, Challenge Mode looks exciting, as it seems you aren't bound by classes in it... so I wonder if it's possible to obtain Skills somehow? Maybe leveling up will grant you random skills (within certain bounds)? I really can't wait to see how it works in full

Selphea
Dec 14, 2014, 04:41 AM
Anyone get a screenshot of the roadmap?

I missed it.

Should be this one: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/544053782426812416

Check the rest of their Twitter account if it's not.

Tyreek
Dec 14, 2014, 04:44 AM
I wonder if the rainbow ring set will be making a return as rewards again like PSP2? I recall only a select few being C-Mode prizes in PSO though.

yoshiblue
Dec 14, 2014, 04:48 AM
:doughboy:Don't ask.[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]Today is a glorious day. Together, we commemorate this day as the day we have achieved the next level of all image producing technology. A day where we no longer have to stare into space anymore. After all, we took away Liza's view of space. How is that fair for her? Is she not a person as well? Therefore, from this day on, no one is allowed to look into space. Never more shall we have to stare at the same stars in the black sea we call outer space. No longer must we watch the same vessels fly in and out the same docks outside our glorious windows. From this day forward, we look at the beauty that is the planet surfaces. The majestic volcanoes of Amduscia, the mighty towers of Lillipa. From this day forth, no one will have control over what they look upon in our honor bound lobbies. From this day forth, we look only towards the future![/spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_6Q17dbCU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_6Q17dbCU[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Dec 14, 2014, 04:53 AM
*claps claps claps*

Anyway, maybe we will get S-Rank weapon back. :3

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 04:57 AM
:doughboy:Don't ask.[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]Today is a glorious day. Together, we commemorate this day as the day we have achieved the next level of all image producing technology. A day where we no longer have to stare into space anymore. After all, we took away Liza's view of space. How is that fair for her? Is she not a person as well? Therefore, from this day on, no one is allowed to look into space. Never more shall we have to stare at the same stars in the black sea we call outer space. No longer must we watch the same vessels fly in and out the same docks outside our glorious windows. From this day forward, we look at the beauty that is the planet surfaces. The majestic volcanoes of Amduscia, the mighty towers of Lillipa. From this day forth, no one will have control over what they look upon in our honor bound lobbies. From this day forth, we look only towards the future![/spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_6Q17dbCU[/SPOILER-BOX]
I think that's only in the C-mode Lobby...

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 05:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4zc2ThCQAA5ifH.jpg

Dammy
Dec 14, 2014, 05:09 AM
Are there any footage of Challenge Mode? I have missed it

Poyonche
Dec 14, 2014, 05:11 AM
Yep, someone posted a link on the 10th page

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2014, 05:14 AM
Now I'm really confused as to whether the next 12 person boss is going to be Apprentice or Double, as the stuff in the datamining points towards either being a possibility.

Poyonche
Dec 14, 2014, 05:15 AM
Roadmap say a new EQ right ? But isn't it too early to release a DF battle ? I mean we have just 3 chapter in episode 3. :c

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2014, 05:19 AM
We'll be on chapter 4 by the time that quest comes out, which is how many we had when Loser was introduced in Episode 2.

The actual amount of story that's occurred so far is lower, though, due to the story chapters no longer having two parts to them.

Dammy
Dec 14, 2014, 05:25 AM
Yep, someone posted a link on the 10th page

found it, thanks
whole thread is just 2 pages for me, so it was easy to miss message

Ezodagrom
Dec 14, 2014, 05:25 AM
We'll be on chapter 4 by the time that quest comes out, which is how many we had when Loser was introduced in Episode 2.
Loser was introduced after chapter 5, the mothership chapter.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 05:27 AM
The actual amount of story that's occurred so far is lower, though, due to the story chapters no longer having two parts to them.I don't think that's necessarily true since the story quests have been longer. A lot of the old ones were just the same thing twice with a different ending.

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 05:34 AM

I would have much rather them implement an actual tower run mode (That you need a team to run with) with mobs and special bosses that get harder as you progress.

You don't get to use your gear, only what the run give you.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 05:40 AM
TAs with more RNG yay! Unless it ends up with specific drops coming from specific places and enemies consistently so knowing which to bother getting is important. I could get behind that.

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 05:46 AM
TAs with more RNG yay! Unless it ends up with specific drops coming from specific places and enemies consistently so knowing which to bother getting is important. I could get behind that.

Actually, I think it's more based on player skills.

So something more like the player tournament, where th ey get the same equip, and SP.

So it's up to the player themself to plan out skill tree, and PA/Tech, and not depend on equip.

Magus_84
Dec 14, 2014, 05:47 AM

From what I remember, it was a combination of preset items at certain spots (usually boxes), items that can spawn with a certain range of things at other spots (again boxes), and then random items elsewhere.

And you'd start out with certain equipment per Stage. So you were guaranteed a baseline of performance that was sufficient to complete the Stage, but you may luck out and get a randomly better thing on one particular run that makes things easier.

Though it also set you to a preset (low) level for each Stage, and it was all done on Normal difficulty.

Without being able to trade, that could complicate things, and it takes out elements of cooperation that were in the original.

Maybe the "system" they're bringing back from PSO is unrestricted trading within parties or something.

Edit: I'm dumb. C-mode!

Dammy
Dec 14, 2014, 05:51 AM
Maybe the "system" they're bringing back from PSO is unrestricted trading within parties or something.
Challenge Mode is that "system", or not ?

Magus_84
Dec 14, 2014, 05:53 AM

*reads back through the topic*

!

C-Mode!

I thought we were still just speculating.

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 05:54 AM

It's challenge mode from the trailer shown.
There might be other, but not shown yet.
But zero chance of unrestricted trading, as that remove Premium, which is where Sega makes their money.

wefwq
Dec 14, 2014, 05:57 AM
It's challenge mode from the trailer shown.
There might be other, but not shown yet.
But zero chance of unrestricted trading, as that remove Premium, which is where Sega makes their money.
It still possible since "trading" in this game are not really that appealing, like lot of good stuff are locked/bound into an account...
Removing premium-only prerequisite for trading will cause no harm to their premium sales since premium function itself still offer tons of other benefit.

I think challenge mode itself can be categorized as "system", no? since it strip your character level and equipment during the quest, or is there any other mechanic regarding challenge quest itself? i never play older PS (other than PSPortable) so i don't know much about this challenge thing.

Dammy
Dec 14, 2014, 06:01 AM
I think challenge mode itself can be categorized as "system", no? since it strip your character level and equipment during the quest.
yep, i think so too
now, what about skill points? can we distribute them or they assigned automatically?

wefwq
Dec 14, 2014, 06:03 AM
yep, i think so too
now, what about skill points? can we distribute them or they assigned automatically?
The chance that all pre-assigned SP still intact, and level only affect your character status value.

Magus_84
Dec 14, 2014, 06:11 AM
yep, i think so too

PSO 1 didn't have skill points or skill trees, so there's no telling.

It did give Forces certain techs of a certain level for certain stages, but that's about the closest thing I can think of.

The level range on Challenge mode was very low. You'd be set to a preset level per stage (like Stage 1 starts you at level 1, Stage 9 starts you at level 23), and there'd be enough enemies to kill per stage to reliably get to a level before the end of the stage. Max level was something like 25 or 26 in the last stages, I think.

That's out of a level cap of 200, and a "the stats you care about can be maxed" level of 130-170 for most classes/builds in the main game (non-Challenge mode). Getting to cap wasn't something everyone did, even those that played a lot, and you didn't "need" to for most classes to be able to do well in everything the game could throw at you.

So if we draw parallels from the previous game (which is conjecture and may be entirely wrong), you won't be working with a level cap's allotment of skill points even in the last stages of C-mode.

Which is part of the challenge/fun.

I'd almost like to see pre-set skill trees for this. It'd be interesting to see how people fare when, for a particularly sadistic example...Rangers don't have Weak Bullet and Hunters are sent down the tanking side of the tree.

Dunno if they'd be that mean though.

If you'd like a history lesson, there are guides here that talk about Challenge Mode at http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Challenge+Mode&op=viewtopsection

Though without context, the information may not be all that useful.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 06:20 AM
Any rng with large varience is going to ruin the competitive side of C-mode. It's not something I care about personally, but I know there are people who are into that kind of thing. If this is sega's attempt at throwing them a bone, then it might not work out that well.

EDIT: That of course depends on how much like PSO1 they make it.

Magus_84
Dec 14, 2014, 06:32 AM
Any rng with large varience is going to ruin the competitive side of C-mode. It's not something I care about personally, but I know there are people who are into that kind of thing. If this is sega's attempt at throwing them a bone, then it might not work out that well.

EDIT: That of course depends on how much like PSO1 they make it.

I don't think the items here are different-enough from each other to make that big a difference, if it's indeed based on the games lower-levels (1-20s, roughly).

Assuming, as we've said, that it goes off the PSO formula, and you don't keep items between stages and you can't leave the stage to go grind things/ID items/boost elemental attributes/restock on items, etc

Nothing in this game is going to be equivalent to the disruption of, say, getting a Dim (chance to instakill) weapon with hit % (more accuracy) and handing it to a Ranger or Hucaseal to let them go nuts.

The items are too...homogenized, I guess, at least dropped in their base form. It takes a lot of meseta sacrificed to Dudu/Monica to start differentiating them, and that's not likely to happen in C-mode if they keep it anything like the previous game. And the really game-breaking PAs/techs aren't available until you start running stuff besides Normal.

Then again, it's 5 AM and I'm speculating and I could be completely wrong on everything I've said so far, so hey.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 06:36 AM
I don't think the items here are different-enough from each other to make that big a difference, if it's indeed based on the games lower-levels (1-20s, roughly).

Assuming, as we've said, that it goes off the PSO formula, and you don't keep items between stages and you can't leave the stage to go grind things/ID items/boost elemental attributes/restock on items, etc

Nothing in this game is going to be equivalent to the disruption of, say, getting a Dim (chance to instakill) weapon with hit % (more accuracy) and handing it to a Ranger or Hucaseal to let them go nuts.

The items are too...homogenized, I guess, at least dropped in their base form. It takes a lot of meseta sacrificed to Dudu/Monica to start differentiating them, and that's not likely to happen in C-mode if they keep it anything like the previous game. And the really game-breaking PAs/techs aren't available until you start running stuff besides Normal.

Then again, it's 5 AM and I'm speculating and I could be completely wrong on everything I've said so far, so hey.I feel like having things drop with certain elements or affixes would cause problems. But really this is just me talking about the people who want to compare things down to the smallest detail. When you're doing that, every little difference counts, even if it's just getting gunslash earlier. (also I get the feeling PA drops are gonna be a part of it, which causes it's own problems)

Dammy
Dec 14, 2014, 06:41 AM
(also I get the feeling PA drops are gonna be a part of it, which causes it's own problems)

of course, getting early something like Dispersion Shrike or Resta can make huge difference
i wonder if we can get 6* disks there, some builds rely on them

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2014, 06:59 AM
Wonder if they'll make us fight any of the Falzs in the challenge quests.

STNFCST
Dec 14, 2014, 07:07 AM
Yay, challenge mode.

I pick up and accord the best strats from there.

Restarting are no good. Cause you never become a pro player on first place. Or those people that can only play certain style must be out.

Poyonche
Dec 14, 2014, 07:18 AM
So... will we get Power/Def/Dex materials ? :3

Neith
Dec 14, 2014, 07:48 AM
C-Mode? Get with Bu-El! Totally down for that (did anyone notice the Lv70 Draal in the cmode? I assume you have to use it to break the beize).

I'd love Nagisa's outfit and voice but I imagine the voice will be ridiculously expensive :lol:

Ezodagrom
Dec 14, 2014, 08:03 AM
Checking the trailer, the campship has no shop or storage, the player starts with no healing items and no weapons (players can be seen early on fist fighting enemies).

During a specific part, the male human player switches from a sword to a rifle, and in later parts he's also seen using a rod, talis and dual blades, and at no point in the trailer a skill tree skill could be seen in the numbered pallete, maybe there's no classes at all in challenge mode? Maybe we can use any weapon type and PAs, having to rely only on what we find?

When it comes to PAs, in some points players have no PAs at all, and in other parts they have, seeing as they start with nothing, I'm pretty sure we have to find the PAs too.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2014, 08:11 AM
maybe there's no classes at all in challenge mode?

This is what I'm expecting.

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2014, 08:28 AM
Challenge mode without class restrictions?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510103940/invasorzim/es/images/8/88/Mother-of-god-template.jpg

Should be a fun thing to come back from a break to.

GreenArcher
Dec 14, 2014, 09:13 AM
Challenge mode?

CHALLENGE MODE!

Ordy
Dec 14, 2014, 09:20 AM
The Challenge Mode area is maybe a Challenge Mode Block

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
Regarding the Megatsu Titan from people that attended the event.

The demo play started at 9:30 with 12 different party tring it, no one cleared it till 2 1/2 hour after the event start, and for the niconico broadcast, they invited the players that defeated Megatsu to participate in the live broadcast..

Ezodagrom
Dec 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
Just noticed that the minimap in challenge mode says "multi"...
They're not going to ruin challenge mode with mpa too, are they? >_>
*really dislikes how UQ turned out to be an mpa quest instead of single party quest*

oratank
Dec 14, 2014, 10:00 AM
*really dislikes how UQ turned out to be an mpa quest instead of single party quest*

lock your mpa and go by yourself (`・ω・´)

Z-0
Dec 14, 2014, 10:04 AM
I really hope Challenge isn't completely random like the rest of the game, because that would totally ruin the Challenge aspect, more than likely, unless their randomizer can actually throw hard spawns at people, which I highly doubt.

Lax
Dec 14, 2014, 10:12 AM
All the people hyped for Challenge Mode, remember Ultimate Quest hype? yeah.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 14, 2014, 10:25 AM

Ashame ultimate quest turned out to be pretty good. Let's just keep bitching about more things in the game when good things are added.

wefwq
Dec 14, 2014, 10:29 AM
Yeah, but it's pretty good aside from shitty rate for everything.

Also it's not like you'll going to ignore challenge quest once it relased.
EP3 stuff are pretty good so far, or at least it's better than EP2 stuff so i stil have slight faith in this new quest type.

Maenara
Dec 14, 2014, 10:36 AM

Yeah, they forgot to time-gate it so everyone got bored of it way faster than they would have. (`・ω・´)

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
Ashame ultimate quest turned out to be pretty good. Let's just keep bitching about more things in the game when good things are added.

lol UQs weren't good

Aine
Dec 14, 2014, 10:54 AM
Remember Challenge TAs in PSPo2? You spend the whole night killing yourself until the right weapon dropped. Then Dewmans came along...

Z-0
Dec 14, 2014, 10:55 AM
Sounds exactly like PSO1 CM TA (Episode 2, anyway). Keep dying until the right weapons with the right stats came along.

Even worse in Episode 1 because the spawns were random. Had to get the best spawn map.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 14, 2014, 11:28 AM
So in a nutshell:

- Challenge Mode
- Two tone hair (if there is a God, we'll get multiple versions... please...)
- Episode 3 Deluxe Package w/ Nagisa and Shizuru outfits and Voice Tickets
- XH EQ support and a new EQ in the winter, and a 12 player Boss in the Spring
- All-Star Shironia Quest
- ARKS Unity Festival 2015, and more rares and collab scratches than you could shake a wand at.

I miss anything?

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 11:28 AM
So in a nutshell:

- Challenge Mode
- Two tone hair (if there is a God, we'll get multiple versions... please...)
- Episode 3 Deluxe Package w/ Nagisa and Shizuru outfits and Voice Tickets
- XH EQ support and a new EQ in the winter, and a 12 player Boss in the Spring
- All-Star Shironia Quest
- ARKS Unity Festival 2015, and more rares and collab scratches than you could shake a wand at.

I miss anything?

PSO2 Nova update with new quests and stuff.
PSO2es Update with system change

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 14, 2014, 11:29 AM
PSO2 Nova update with new quests and stuff.
PSO2es Update with system change

Meh, I don't play either so I guess I didn't pay attention lol

BIG OLAF
Dec 14, 2014, 11:30 AM
Two-tone hair? Oh jesus no. As if this game wasn't Anime Hero enough.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 14, 2014, 11:32 AM

It looks like its just the princess's hair, but that would really be a dick move if SEGA doesn't release it for other hair styles.

And I totally couldn't see your character wearing two-tone hair anyway. It would be way too weird on her. :-P

Fusionxglave
Dec 14, 2014, 11:38 AM
the two tone color hair will now make my character to one of the best anime hero of PSO2.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2014, 11:40 AM

Better anime hero simulator than anime lewd simulator :/

Though it's already trying its hardest to be both so what can ya do

Digital Pain
Dec 14, 2014, 11:50 AM
Finally Nagisa Repca been wanting this for ageees and Looks like I was right about us getting challenge mode, The future updates looks good.

SakoHaruo
Dec 14, 2014, 01:18 PM
I guess this means the end of TAs. And just when... no ._.p

Hi Nagisa o3o

I hope the EQ gives ton of exp otherwise.... no ._.p

some sexy weapons are on the way ;u

BIG OLAF
Dec 14, 2014, 01:21 PM
It looks like its just the princess's hair, but that would really be a dick move if SEGA doesn't release it for other hair styles.

Well, if it's just select hairstyles, then that's fine (we already have that one with the pink bangs or whatever). It'll be easier to label and condemn those who wear it that way.

Better anime hero simulator than anime lewd simulator :/

Wrong.

Sizustar
Dec 14, 2014, 01:22 PM

I think it can be good if it's enabled on all hair, as long as people don't go crazy, they can add hilight to their chara's hair to make it more unique.

GoldGenII
Dec 14, 2014, 01:43 PM
No Chelsea repca yet again. Why do I even bother. Mehgatsu looks meh. Some of the incoming outfits are nice, though. Males so lucky getting the White Titan Costume. :wacko:

Edson Drake
Dec 14, 2014, 01:44 PM
There's going to be a special market for those Dark Force-themed characters that have the two-tones hairstyles, currently can't thus making their clones not 100% perfect regardless of model accuracy. I can see this getting very popular soon.

Oh and Quna clones too.

EvilMag
Dec 14, 2014, 02:16 PM
So...nothing about Ultimate Lillipa?

Other than C-mode there's nothing really to be excited about tbh.

but I do that Nagisa outfit.

Maenara
Dec 14, 2014, 02:21 PM
So...nothing about Ultimate Lillipa?

Other than C-mode there's nothing really to be excited about tbh.

but I do that Nagisa outfit.

Yep. We don't have 2 months to wait, we have six. Loooool.

Seriously, it's not in Winter 2015, or Spring 2015 roadmap.

Z-0
Dec 14, 2014, 02:25 PM
http://puu.sh/duCfR/64b52b8a66.jpg
This is hilarious. The names of these weapon camos are the same as 4 TA teams (3 on Ship 1 and 1 on Ship 5).

I thought that was interesting, although it's probably not.

Aurorra
Dec 14, 2014, 05:11 PM
http://puu.sh/duCfR/64b52b8a66.jpg
This is hilarious. The names of these weapon camos are the same as 4 TA teams (3 on Ship 1 and 1 on Ship 5).

I thought that was interesting, although it's probably not.

They were designed by those teams as a reward for winning the Arks Grand Prix. Or are you just expressing surprise that they chose to name the weapons after their teams?

Selphea
Dec 14, 2014, 05:20 PM
Welp looks like even the players have a thing for dual blades o.o

Z-0
Dec 14, 2014, 06:25 PM
They were designed by those teams as a reward for winning the Arks Grand Prix. Or are you just expressing surprise that they chose to name the weapons after their teams?
Yes, I'm expressing surprise that they ended up calling the weapons after their teams.

I know who all of them are. . -.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 14, 2014, 06:40 PM
I think it can be good if it's enabled on all hair, as long as people don't go crazy, they can add hilight to their chara's hair to make it more unique.

I'd just make my hair dark and then Skyly color to match Niare's lights on her outfit. Please no neon blue and pink hair guys, that'd be horrible.