PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 230 over Vpn

SigmaStrain
Dec 4, 2014, 08:20 AM
Good morning all,

I've decided to start playing this game and have run into issues. I set up the amazon aws vpn service and can Ssh using putty into it with no issues. However, when I attempt to tunnel my connection through my SSH instance using proxy cap and log in I'm met with a peculiar sight.

All of the ships are listed as "unknown" and when I attempt to connect I receive an error 230 message. I've done some reading on the forums and apparently this means that my client cannot reach the game servers for whatever reason. To try to figure out the issue I ran a traceroute in putty on my instance. I was able to reach the servers just fine.

So I guess I'm stumped. I'm currently at work, but I can post pictures of my settings and traceroute findings later if anyone thinks it might help. Could my proxycap settings be the issue?

To go over some other fixes I've tried, I also tried setting up a vpn connection in windows and routing all traffic (after failed attempts at split tunneling) through it. Still the same issues/errors. The weird part is that I could access pso2.jp just fine but couldn't connect to the game. Any idea what could cause that?

Doctor Krieger
Dec 4, 2014, 08:52 AM
Did the free trial of ProxyCap expire? If you can traceroute in PuTTY, then the proxy is working. It sounds like your game connections are not getting routed through the proxy via ProxyCap.

SigmaStrain
Dec 4, 2014, 10:59 AM
I just checked all of my settings again. Still no luck. Still an error 230. I even set it in ProxyCap to have all the DNS lookups resolve remotely and nothing. Ran wireshark and I can see that my connection is being tunneled by examining a few TCP packets being sent over my connection from PSO2 Tweaker. I even ran firefox through ProxyCap just to test it out. It's working fine. I have no idea what's going on though. Maybe my AWS instance isn't forwarding it to the right place?

SigmaStrain
Dec 4, 2014, 11:08 AM
Just found something fishy. Ran wireshark to take a look at my traffic coming out of my box and lo and behold the traffic from pso2.exe is not being routed through the proxy. I see packets dns querying 209.18.47.61 which is a hop on the route from my home network to the pso servers. I have everything set up correctly. Even the tweaker is being run through proxycap, and it has identical settings to the pso2.exe yet one is being tunneled and the other isn't. anybody have any insight on this?

SigmaStrain
Dec 5, 2014, 02:25 AM
I think I've been able to figure out the issue. Pso2 is not being tunneled for whatever reason. Does anyone know a way to force tunneling? As of right now other programs are being tunneled just fine. Not sure what gives.

SigmaStrain
Dec 8, 2014, 09:58 AM
UPDATE: fixed my issue. I used a combination of proxifier and cyberkitsune's proxy. I also followed the instructions on his wiki page to the letter. After rebooting, I'm proud to say it works.

To anyone struggling to get this working, don't give up and try everything possible. You can do it!

Dart3127
Jul 4, 2015, 01:25 PM
Can you tell me exactly how you fixed it? Nothing I try is working.