PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinkin about playing Pso again

Adriano
Dec 4, 2014, 04:16 PM
I've come to realize pursuing the satisfaction I get from it, with any other game is a waste of time.
I've never hit level 200 STILL. And it's been 63637474 years.
I will only play offline and multiplayer.

Talk me out of it.

yoshiblue
Dec 4, 2014, 04:32 PM
Have you look a the PSP games? You can take those on the go and stuff. Like woah man! I can walk and level! AT THE SAME TIME! Innovations, dude! Hold on, I need a moment. Getting all teary eye.

Outrider
Dec 4, 2014, 04:57 PM
DO IT.

Noblewine
Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 PM
DO IT.

^ What Outrider said. If you can overlook the steep learning curve and enjoy the mechanics this game is fun to play.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
Don't do it you'll die of dombore

Adriano
Dec 5, 2014, 04:47 PM
DO IT.

GAH.
Dammit you convinced me, my lightly used copy of Pso plus is on the way.

I'm spying a red wii on craigslist. Looks cool and adequate for psoage.
Not sure how to set all this shit up, but buy first think later has been my motto uptil now and hasn't failed me yet.

FK YA

mctastee
Dec 5, 2014, 08:56 PM
I had a friend in high school who had a 200 of all classes. He told me it wasn't really an achievement, it was just a result of how much time he spent playing.

Outrider
Dec 6, 2014, 05:41 PM
I had a friend in high school who had a 200 of all classes. He told me it wasn't really an achievement, it was just a result of how much time he spent playing.

Well... I mean, yeah, that's pretty much true.

Palle
Dec 6, 2014, 07:07 PM
Now hitting 200 with only your original Saber... that's an achievement.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 10, 2014, 09:15 PM
It wasn't really an achievement because HAX.

Noblewine
Dec 10, 2014, 09:34 PM
Upside to playing offline with friends is no cheats will affect you so hacks to jump to lv 200 are only online.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 11, 2014, 02:30 AM
Upside to playing offline with friends is no cheats will affect you so hacks to jump to lv 200 are only online.
Pretty sure you could hack offline, too.

NoiseHERO
Dec 11, 2014, 03:59 AM
What have you done

Mechoshira
Dec 11, 2014, 08:52 AM
If you ever happen to jump into PSOBB, let me know.

NegaTsukasa
Dec 11, 2014, 01:30 PM
bleh, this thread reminds me to start playing online again. Had to stop a year ago after room mate battled with me to get off. Uneducated ISP and network BS being thrown at me for playing online basically. Blaming the game on why we were losing internet connection so much. Just so happened to be a coincidence of down times and a shitty internet package going on at the same time. -____-

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 11, 2014, 06:43 PM
why not think about playing good games

Noblewine
Dec 11, 2014, 07:33 PM
Pretty sure you could hack offline, too.

That's true. Nevermind.

Adriano
Dec 13, 2014, 12:48 PM
So I bought a Wii, and my copy of pso plus came in the mail 2 days ago, now I just have to track down a bunch of controllers and memory cards. Which is proving to be quite difficult, since no local retailers carry gamecube accessories anymore. Well aside from the 3rd party gamestop controller. But I don't mess wit 3rd party bro.
:wacko:

Adriano
Dec 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
Don't do it you'll die of dombore

2L8 DAWG

Outrider
Dec 14, 2014, 10:50 PM
So I bought a Wii, and my copy of pso plus came in the mail 2 days ago, now I just have to track down a bunch of controllers and memory cards. Which is proving to be quite difficult, since no local retailers carry gamecube accessories anymore. Well aside from the 3rd party gamestop controller. But I don't mess wit 3rd party bro.
:wacko:

You should be able to get Gamecube controllers without too much trouble since there's demand at the moment due to Smash Bros. (Then again, I think they're selling out at some places because, well, there's demand at the moment due to Smash Bros.)

I'm also seeing some GCN memory cards for relatively cheap on Amazon.

251 - http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Memory-Card-251/dp/B00012D0SG/
1019 - http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Memory-Card-1019-Pc/dp/B000L9NPGG/

...Now I really want to get PSO+ and start playing with my brother when we're both home over the holiday season. (And now after looking at used prices I'm pretty sure I should just dig out my copy of PSO Ep. I & II instead of dropping $100 on a game I pretty much already own. Oof.)

Shadowpawn
Dec 14, 2014, 11:44 PM
I've never hit 200 with any character in the GC version of PSO. Highest I think I got was 168 on a RAmarl. I had around 6 characters and about 400 something hours in total. I was pretty OP at 168 anyway. I had a charge laser with 70% hit. I did like 1000 per hit on charge attacks that hit with deadly accuracy.

Man, now that I think about it. Ramarls were kinda broken in that game. I literally brute forced my way into ultimate at level 60. I was WAAAAAYYY underleveled.

Outrider
Dec 15, 2014, 12:01 AM
Oh jeez, I think my highest-level character was like... 130? I think I only ever played with about two different characters?

I mean, look, dedicating myself wholly to a game that will take me hundreds of hours to max out has never been something to pique my interest. As crazy as it sounds, that's not really what got me into PSO. Honestly, if it wasn't for the split-screen multiplayer in the GCN version and the many hours it allowed me to hang out and play with my brother after school, I'm not sure how much I'd be into the series at all.

Then again, as somebody whose experience with Phantasy Star is limited to PSO (Episodes 1-3), a single playthrough of PS Zero, and a couple hours in the original Phantasy Star GBA port, I'm sure somebody could argue that I'm not that into the "series" at all.

Adriano
Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 AM
You should be able to get Gamecube controllers without too much trouble since there's demand at the moment due to Smash Bros. (Then again, I think they're selling out at some places because, well, there's demand at the moment due to Smash Bros.)

I'm also seeing some GCN memory cards for relatively cheap on Amazon.

251 - http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Memory-Card-251/dp/B00012D0SG/
1019 - http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Memory-Card-1019-Pc/dp/B000L9NPGG/

...Now I really want to get PSO+ and start playing with my brother when we're both home over the holiday season. (And now after looking at used prices I'm pretty sure I should just dig out my copy of PSO Ep. I & II instead of dropping $100 on a game I pretty much already own. Oof.)

That's pretty much what I did, I've found my pso gc disc the day after I ordered pso plus, but I guess now that let's me have the option to use pso plus on my wii and let one of my friends take the gamecube and non plus disc to level their characters when we aren't doing multimode.

And yea I found my old controller just need memory cards now so I can start all over. Hopefully I find my old card so I can steal the crap off that character first :wacko:

Who knew vintage gaming would be so tedious and expensive. ..

Shadowpawn
Dec 15, 2014, 12:55 AM
Oh jeez, I think my highest-level character was like... 130? I think I only ever played with about two different characters?

I mean, look, dedicating myself wholly to a game that will take me hundreds of hours to max out has never been something to pique my interest. As crazy as it sounds, that's not really what got me into PSO. Honestly, if it wasn't for the split-screen multiplayer in the GCN version and the many hours it allowed me to hang out and play with my brother after school, I'm not sure how much I'd be into the series at all.

Then again, as somebody whose experience with Phantasy Star is limited to PSO (Episodes 1-3), a single playthrough of PS Zero, and a couple hours in the original Phantasy Star GBA port, I'm sure somebody could argue that I'm not that into the "series" at all.

Keep in mind my 400 hours was over the course of a good 3 to 4 years before quitting. I agree, it was the multiplayer that keep me going. All those hours playing with friends, that was made PSO addictive to me. That, and hunting for that damned TJ sword.

darkante
Dec 15, 2014, 09:22 AM
PSO and PSU never really gets old to me.
I havenīt got one character to lv 200 yet in PSO, but PSP2:I speaks for itself.
Not bored yet of either.

Although, i really canīt get myself into PSO2.
Donīt got the same draw power for me.

Outrider
Dec 15, 2014, 11:11 AM
I think it's also worth mentioning that I got a lot more into everything surrounding PSO than the game itself. I don't spend much time in the PSO boards anymore, but I used to spend hours reading the story theory threads. I even used to post a fair amount of fan fiction & artwork based on my PSO characters. (Heck, I've got a PSO beat-em-up fan game I started years ago that creeps back into my head every once in a while.) It's still a setting I wish they'd return to in some form despite how unlikely that is.