PDA

View Full Version : Event Moment Of Style - Winners

redroses
Dec 8, 2014, 03:45 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/momentoftstylelogo.png~original
Dress For A Night At A Kuna Concert - Winners

The time has finally come to announce the winners of our first Moment Of Style event, that had the theme "Dress For A Night At A Kuna Concert". This was the first events I hosted and I had so much fun with it and it was a great experience.
Again, I want to thank everyone that participated in the event and of course, I want to thank my judges and helpers, Sizustar, Gama, TenebriS and Shirai, couldn't have done it without your help!

Enough of that now, let me present to you, the winners of the first Moment Of Style event, starting with males!

Top 3 Males

1st Place - Sacrificial
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/pso20141115_144007_001_zps4c29a757.png~original

A concert is not necessarily fun for all. Some Arks have to work. As for MultiCore, he helps others having their night.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

2nd Place - TwistedShaerk
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/pso20141118_095720_002.png~original

Quna’s concert is starting, and on a balcony away from the crowd, what appears to be a young couple is sitting back and enjoying it from a distance. In reality, the male in the two, Shaerk, does NOT want to be present at all. The whole thing started when Mitsuki, his friend, hear the concert was coming soon and wanted to go see it. He was about to suggest asking one of her other friends, since he’s not into this particular type of music. However, much to his annoyance, she HAD to ask him so many times to the point where he knew he couldn’t get out of it. So he got himself set up with the bare minimum in regards to appropriate attire so that he wouldn’t have to keep changing and went with her, despite how he felt. She may be someone he’s put up with for years, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know when she might be attempting to try making advances on him. Which explains his annoyance, as he remembers clearly telling her she’s just a friend to him on more than one occasion. To further dampen his mood, they’ve been called a “cute couple” there at least three times already, which is what he was afraid of from the start of this whole thing. As a result, she allowed him to pick as spot further away from the crowd, but she still wanted to be close enough to listen, so he chose a more solitary upper balcony. That way, he could be away from the crowd and it would allow him to pay more attention when he needed to the most. Thus concludes the story of why Shaerk is even at the concert at all, and why he’s still annoyed despite the song being on.

First off, the outfit and that was chosen for this entry. The reason I feel the costume works is because we’re going to a concert, so I think it’d make sense even in this universe to dress very casually. Second, The Shop Area’s current appearance is most reflective of an open air mall during summer, so the short sleeves and shorts reflect the idea of the weather being fairly hot during the concert.

With the accessories, the bracelets are more or less there because at some concerts, some people just like to bring vibrant, glowing things like glowsticks or glowstick bracelets. These are just his replacements, as he felt like he needed to wear something similar and Mitsuki probably would’ve been mad if he didn’t at bring at least those. The glasses are only there because he has impaired eyesight. He wears those all the time, nothing special about them in all honesty. The headphones, however, are something he brought on his own. Since he’s not entirely into big concerts, he brought his headphones and was listening to music he enjoys before to concert, in an attempt to calm himself down and to drown out the noises of the crowd. Needless to say, he’s not going to risk getting smacked for doing this during the concert itself, so once the concert went live he took them off.

Regarding their coloration, most of the colors on the costume/accessory combo are some shade of blue, which(not surprisingly), is his favorite color. But in terms of how it all goes with each other, the blue of the hair most closely matches up with the bracelets, which gives them a matching sense, but the blue of the shirt is different so that while it makes to colors match up properly, it prevents him from looking like he’s just wearing one solid blue color, at least if one disregards the rest of the outfit. The white pants, being considered the costume’s color, allowed the headphones to not blend in too much. This makes them stand out more than if they were the blue coloration, and allows for a good mix of colors since blue and white are colors that go fairly well together. The yellow highlights on the shirt and pants allow the two to have qualities that make it look like they match up well, which makes the combination more fitting an seem less off that it would be if the highlights were only on the pants. Plus, given the short-sleeved nature of the outfit, you’ll actually be able to notice his skin isn’t as pale as you would think, it actually looks a little tanned. Though I admit in this picture with the lighting you’ll need to squint to see it, if it’s even present at all. If anything, the eye color(which can barely be seen), is the main thing that’s off, as it’s actually a sea green, which is not anywhere on any part of the costume. Despite it not fitting with the costume or accessories though, what it does do is add a more calming color to him, which works since he is normally a calm and fairly laid back person.

The pose works for the scenario since, well, he’s not exactly enjoying himself. That’s why he’s leaning back with more of an annoyed expression on his face, because he does not want to be there. Albeit he also sighing because Mitsuki is trying to get him hyped up, when all it’s doing is annoying him. However, he’s not directing his face at her because he knows that’s how she is, and he’s put up with it for years, so he’s directing it at the concert so that he’s showing that he’s at least paying attention to the song. He’s also leaning because due to his laid back personality, Shaerk normally does this kind of thing when he’s not moving at all. It’s more of a natural position for him to be in since it makes him comfortable, another attempt to try calming himself down.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

3rd Place - Radiant Legend & GoldGenII
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/15761061046_37e9408525_o.jpg~original

About the setup
Head unit antenna, to receive all the latest information about the concert, could also double as voice amplifier.
Body unit for the refined gentleman look. Great for special events such as a concert and maybe dinner afterwards with the "date".
Arm and leg unit supplies neon lights. Surely the biggest fan shall be spotted in the crowd.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/pso20141125_180251_225.jpg~original

As far as colors go, I attempted to make all of the accessories coordinate with each other in some way and made certain that they were all visible within the photo. Particularly hard ones to capture were the Pouch on his right wrist and Bag which would each contain a few goodies from the concert upon entering. His hair is an extremely dark shade of Blue, so the Robin Cap was used to give more flavor to the outfit; the green on it also matches with the highlights.

The scarf was added after consideration for the season and it meshes with the Bag and part of the Cap.

Also used is an outfit color that is not too bright, but still out of the ordinary and eye catching, especially for a male. Zukunft's main color is Magenta, so a shade of purple would not look farfetched on him and it stands out with his skin tone.

I did not want to go with a "suit" style outfit or one that is very bright and outgoing due to the declining sense of creativity with such outfits and. It is to be expected for a concert. I wanted to try something different and give appreciation to an outfit that wouldn't be seen normally for such an event. That was my reasoning behind choosing the Flamegash Elegance.

The pose depicted is with the Air Guitar LA to show that he is actually enjoying himself during the concert. It is not often he would attend such an event, but one thing he can relate to well is music. May as well show the spirit.

The background used was to encompass the lobby change from EP2 > EP3, but did not want to put too much in that it would overshadow Zukunft. The colors bring him out more. Regardless if he is not within the crowd of hundreds, he could still be spotted by his colors and position alone within the dimmed lobby.

This is my entry for the Moment of Style. ID name is GoldgenII like my username here and once again, the character name is Zukunft. I thank you for taking the time to read this message and I look forward to the progression of the event!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Top 3 Females

1st Place - Dragonlily
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/Dragonlily.jpg~original

I couldn't help but doing a crazed fan eager for the Kuna concert. Thinking of all those teenage girls squealing their heads off and the crazy things they wear just to get noticed was my inspiration.

So in the theme of crazed fan......

"KUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA I LOOOOOVVVEEE YOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!"
[/SPOILER-BOX]

2nd Place - Azelyra
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/Azelyra.jpg~original

So, Charlotte.
She has natural brown chestnut colored hair (with green subtle green color eyes) which I believe creates a good conjunction with the black color costumes, as in contrast to someone having black hair, their hair color would blend in with the costume, but because the black shirt, it makes Charlotte's brown hair stands out.

The reason I chose the 2014 ARKS Festa shirt in specific is because I wanted to do something rather simple and realistic, rather than being overly creative. If you think about it carefully, the ARKS Lobby's Shop Area theme right now for Episode 3 is more of a tropical-esque type area. The area is set in a town near a beach (You can see the coast out the big windows behind the stage) I don't think that wearing a coat in a beachside town like that would be super logical, so I believe something casual that doesn't have too long sleeves or so would be a better choice.

The accessories that Charlotte is wearing are the Active Cap B, which turns into the White Color because of the native special costume color which is white.

I believe that black and white together creates this sense of indecisiveness (neither fully black or white), showing Charlotte's reluctant nature of which I mentioned in the context how she really wants to see Quna but she is really shy. The hat balances black and white out specifically I believe because if we do a small look-through of the areas which are black and white, of course there are more black surface areas than white. Moreso than just supporting the coloration, the cap also fits the context of the location. You know, beach towns are hot so why not have a cap right?

The next is the Plaid Shirt C (I believe it is called that)

This creates a sense that supports what I've said earlier about black and white, though there may be around the same amount of black or white, it creates a feeling that Charlotte's costume isn't just as plain as it looks. In context however, the plaid shirt I wanted to put it there to represent how Charlotte is a person that prepares for the future, she doesn't know whether the "Shop Area" is cold or not since normally the beach city wouldn't be too cold. Just in the case that it is cold, she can always put on the plaid shirt because it acts like a jacket.

Next is the Loop Bracelet P.

Of course the typical Quna concert or rather just typical concerts you would want to have some form of glowsticks, whether it be a bracelet or actual glowsticks. It creates the meaning to show that Charlotte really wants to participate in Quna's concert and cheer for her. Because if she doesn't, she wouldn't have put on the bracelets in the first place either. The reason I choose the pink glow bracelets over every other color is because the fact that the "ARKS" Logo on the 2014 Festa shirt is a pink/magenta color, I felt like due to the screenshot not really emphasizing the part that people easily misses the bracelets could make up for it in a sense. However if I use other colors that are more vibrant than the bright pink (that looks close to white), it will create tones of other colors (green/blue) which doesn't fit into Charlotte's color scheme that I'm going for, which is Monochrome with a small taste of pink.

Then last (I'm not sure if you would notice) but the snowflake earrings.

Like I've said, I wanted to do bright colored accessories, in specific more towards the white stratum of colors in order to create an equilibrium between black and white thus balancing the colors and making Charlotte's hair and herself as a character stand out, since both black and white are colors that do not catch the normal human eye's attention. Personally, the reason that I've chosen the snowflake earring for Charlotte is because her character context. I personally always like to ask myself and tell myself that nothing is as it appears. What lies beneath the enchanting snowflakes floating gently from the sky down to Earth? Snowflakes to me isn't 'just that', to me it feels that it is the way that the sky expresses its emotions, just as how a teardrop is a manifestation of human emotion. So yeah, it means quite a lot to me since there's many things that happened to myself that involves a lot of laying down on the snow as a kid. I thought mentioning that for the choice of the accessory would be something that helps you guys understand my choice.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

3rd Place - Anduril
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/Mos-Kuna-Evenat/Anduril.png~original

Character: Kayla
Outfit description: "Your co-worker says she has an extra ticket for tonight's Kuna concert; you've never been to an idol concert before, but you've been trying new things lately, so you accept the invitation.
Back at home, you wonder what you should wear tonight; that's when your mom's advice rings in your head: 'Nothing beats a little black dress for a night out.'
You dig through your closet and find the dress you wore to your cousin's wedding; it looks good, but you realize that your normal mess of curls doesn't suit it very well.
After nearly an hour struggling, you're able to get your hair into a nice updo with a cute side braid, but those two pesky tufts of hair just won't stay down; looking at the clock, you realize you don't really have the time to mess with them anymore.
You had intended to put in contacts for the night, but you don't have time to adjust to them and you still need to put on a bit of makeup to cover your freckles, so you just grab your glasses.
Running late, you grab your favorite pair of earrings, stuff the concert ticket into your purse, and head out.
When you get to the venue and see the assembled masses, a wave of embarrassment rolls over you as you realize you are incredibly overdressed for this concert.
You spend the rest of the night fidgeting awkwardly as your coworker teases you about your outfit."
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Your prizes are as follows - both male and female get the same prices, so no worries, you mustn't share them, hehe!

1st Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama | Profile Picture Drawing by me
2nd Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama
3rd Place - Sig by Gama

I will be sending you your webmoney codes tomorrow morning! For the extras like sigs and the profile picture, please send a pm to Gama and/or me!

Congratulations to the winners!! It was a blast and so much fun, I hope we can do this again some time.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/PSO%202/88a46cda-e56c-411a-8f21-df08563c62b1.png~original

redroses
Dec 8, 2014, 03:46 PM
I would like to use this space to ask everybody how they liked the event.
I personally think letting people add the reasoning behind their outfits was the best idea we ever had. It put a whole new perspective on understanding the choices people made and what they want to portray, and above all, what they want their character to be seen as, which I think is very important. A lot of the submissions were so creative in how they approached the event theme while staying true to their character.
I would love to hold this event again in the future, of course with a very different theme next time, so it would be great if the community felt the same way about it!

Let me know what you thought of the event, you are also free to give constructive criticism as that is always very helpful! Depending on your feedback we will definitely hold this event again, and hopefully very soon.

I have already said it so often now, but, thank you again to everybody who participated in this event!

Also, for those that participated and didn't make it in the Top 10, you are of course free to post your submissions in the screenshot thread if you would like! I didn't just want to post them in case anybody would be uncomfortable with it, so I leave the decision by the submitter!

yoshiblue
Dec 8, 2014, 04:08 PM
Nobody died, 0/10, would not partake in again.

Nah but really, grats to the winners. Now to set up a watchtower and watch Gama's sig empire grow.

TwistedShaerk
Dec 8, 2014, 04:35 PM
I'll admit, this was quite a fun contest to partake in. I'll be watching for whenever another one of these pop up, as I'd consider entering again(and maybe actually voting next time :wacko:)

BIG OLAF
Dec 8, 2014, 04:48 PM
Ladies, gentlemen. Good show.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/epictoast.gif

ReverseSeraf
Dec 8, 2014, 04:50 PM
Thanks for hosting this, redroses. And congratulations to all the winners. Good contest!

Dragonlily
Dec 8, 2014, 04:54 PM
:-o Holy cow I got 1st?

I thought for sure Azelyra was going to snag first cause that picture was just awesome!

I thought this event was great! Love seeing the community come together for something fun. Everyone is so creative. Definitely want to see more of these!

Congrats to all the winners!

GoldGenII
Dec 8, 2014, 05:41 PM
Not a bad event for sure. Wouldn't mind participating more in the future.

timberwolf87
Dec 8, 2014, 05:47 PM

Indeed, i'll look forward to more of those events in the future too.

Congrats to the winners! \o/

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 8, 2014, 06:20 PM
I hope these events become a more regular thing (not saying monthly, but we should definitely have these more often.) I enjoyed seeing everyone's submissions - you guys had a lot of good ideas. Even though I didn't win, I had a blast and I'll be definitely participating in the next event.

Anduril
Dec 8, 2014, 06:53 PM
Holy crap; I got third. I didn't even expect to be in the top ten, let alone place. Thanks to those who voted for me and my silly story.

Anyway, this was a fun event. It was really neat to see everyone's character designs and outfit ideas. The inclusion of a theme definitely made this something to behold. I look forward to participating in another event like this.

Congrats to everyone who won.

final_attack
Dec 8, 2014, 07:41 PM
Congrats for the winners :D

Azelyra
Dec 8, 2014, 07:58 PM
Now to set up a watchtower and watch Gama's sig empire grow.

I think I'll be fine with mine xD

:-o Holy cow I got 1st?

I thought for sure Azelyra was going to snag first cause that picture was just awesome!

You're flattering me >.<
But you deserve it though Lily, first thing I saw I'm like "UNDEAD FAN YUP. DEFINITE WIN GG" xD

All of my yes :D

Well, in the end I just can't say thanks enough for all the support, not only to the people who voted for me, but all the participants, the voters, and just everyone who also set up the event and so. Yeah!
Congratulations to all, and... You know, have fun I guess xD

Well, either ways, have a great Christmas break guys ^^
Cheers,
Azel.

SuKKrl
Dec 9, 2014, 02:17 AM
Its good to see these kind of events going on again, they usually end up pretty well.

Imo, there were quite a few great entries on this one, its a shame I was away, wish I could at least have voted.

SakoHaruo
Dec 10, 2014, 07:49 PM
Sacrificial was too stronk, he needs nerf. D:

Gama
Dec 11, 2014, 08:47 AM
winners contact me for your sigs.

Fusionxglave
Dec 11, 2014, 11:33 AM
I like this event because people brought out styles and themes I did not even consider into my design.

This was good competition and congratulations to all the winners.