PDA

View Full Version : What's this?

SisterPrincess
Dec 9, 2014, 12:36 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4898

Does this piece of news affect Cougar NX and other boss drops? Because this fix is hilarious.

Walkure
Dec 9, 2014, 12:43 AM
Text and google translate:
★1~★3までの武器とユニットのドロップについて
サーバー負荷に関する調査の結果、原因の一つとして、大量にアイテムがドロップすることにより、サーバーの 負荷が高くなってしまう場合があることが判明しました。
つきましては、アルティメットクエスト以外で出現するエネミーにおいて、以下の対策を実施させていただきま す。
ソール系などのエネミー固有となる特殊能力を持たないエネミーにおいて、レアリティ★1~★3の武器とユニ ットのドロップ率を減らします。
上記の対策は下方修正となるため、以下の上方修正により、下方修正の影響が少なくなるよう調整 します。
ドロップ率を減らしたエネミーにおいて、ドロップするメセタを増やします。
すべてのエネミーからドロップするアイテムにおいて、特殊能力が付与されやすくなるように調整 します。
※必ず特殊能力が付与されるという対応ではありません。
※エネミーからドロップするアイテムが対象となるため、採掘基地防衛戦の防衛成功時に出現する特有のコンテ ナは対象外となります。
※ソール系などのエネミー固有となる特殊能力は対象外となります。
サーバー負荷に関しましては、継続して対策を進めてまいりますので、今後の対応をお待ちいただきますようお 願いいたします。
皆様にはご迷惑をおかけいたしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

For weapons and drop of the unit up to ★ 1 ~ ★ 3
Results of the investigation about the server load, as one of the causes, by the item to drop in large quantities, that there are cases where the server load is increased was found.
We would therefore, in enemy that appear outside the Ultimate Quest, we will implement the following measures.
In enemy that does not have a specific enemy to become special abilities, such as sole system, I will reduce the drop rate of the weapon and the unit of rarity ★ 1 ~ ★ 3.
For the above measures will be revised downward, by the following upward revision, I will adjust so that the impact of the downward revision is reduced.
In enemy with reduced drop rate, I will increase the Meseta to drop.
In item that you want to drop from all the enemy, and then adjusted so special ability is likely to be granted.
It is not a corresponding necessarily special ability ※ is given.
※ for items that drop from the enemy is subject, specific containers that appear on success defense of mining base defense will be excluded.
※ enemy unique to become special abilities, such as sole system will be excluded.
Regard server load, so we will proceed with measures to continue, so thank you for your patience in the future of correspondence.
We apologize that we apologize for any inconvenience to everyone.

Basically 1-3* with no unique special abilities are going to drop less, and meseta dropped is going to increase. Shouldn't affect Cougar or any boss because they have souls and thus unique abilities.

Stickboy
Dec 9, 2014, 12:53 AM
meseta ring, go

Maenara
Dec 9, 2014, 01:38 AM
Text and google translate:

Basically 1-3* with no unique special abilities are going to drop less, and meseta dropped is going to increase. Shouldn't affect Cougar or any boss because they have souls and thus unique abilities.

Sega, however, has no soul.

Flaoc
Dec 9, 2014, 01:43 AM
Sega, however, has no soul.

erm quoted for truth

Aquanos
Dec 9, 2014, 02:14 AM
Does this only apply to Ultimate quest...? I Still don't understand though...whats considered special abilities ._.

I Mean, I consider stat III a special ability...hopefully they aren't decreasing stat III drops.
I will quit this shit.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 9, 2014, 03:06 AM
It applies to everything but UQs.

In this context, it specifies enemy specific special abilities, such as Souls, Modulator, Fevers, etc. Probably unusual affixes like Flict/Alter, Mutation I, and Vinculum, too. Seems like stat III drop rates are going to go down, but not for bosses, so the odds of soul + stat III aren't going down.

With the upcoming change to Skilled Trainer (and Vraolet's latent too), affixed drops should be more common anyway, so this means less drops, but less useless drops compared to before, too.

TaigaUC
Dec 9, 2014, 03:38 AM
Yay, more silly reasons to reduce server load.
Can't complain about getting less trash drops though.

They ought to remove the thing that automatically puts 0 slot garbage drops in your inventory when you complete codes.
Those are really annoying.

STNFCST
Dec 9, 2014, 03:50 AM
Come on Sega.

PS NOVA each gigantes can drop like 20-50 items and VITA has no problem loading except visible que.

Hence you play 6 gigantic rush quest while lefting those drop item however it occure really low framerate while fighting 6th gigantic. ^^'

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2014, 04:17 AM
Yay, more silly reasons to reduce server load.
Can't complain about getting less trash drops though.

They ought to remove the thing that automatically puts 0 slot garbage drops in your inventory when you complete codes.
Those are really annoying.

I have a better idea to reduce server load: make disks either drop as level 10 or level 17 in XH/ult. Seeing sakura end drop as lvl14 for the millionth time in XHEQ is just a fking waste. They worry about unnecessary server load from free partners and fodder drops yet we still get disk drops >lvl10 but <lvl17 in XH all the damn time that nobody needs or wants. The sense it makes...

Shadowth117
Dec 9, 2014, 02:06 PM
Come on Sega.

PS NOVA each gigantes can drop like 20-50 items and VITA has no problem loading except visible que.

Hence you play 6 gigantic rush quest while lefting those drop item however it occure really low framerate while fighting 6th gigantic. ^^'

PS Nova also doesn't have to store those on a server with a crapton of people playing on it. Stack that with the fact that you have these drops showing up for all of these people and it can potentially cause a lot more over time than you'd expect.

But I dunno. Honestly regular mobs very rarely drop anything decent as far as stat 3's go anyways. Bosses have pretty much always been the main supply of naturally found ones since they drop so many things at once. So I'm fine with this. I'd say a better solution might be purging an individual's items from an MPA instance if they've left the mission. Its not like people go back to lobby and then go "oh right, better pick up my trash drops!" and rejoin to get them.

STNFCST
Dec 9, 2014, 02:19 PM
With the PSO2 earning 36.7 billion yen less than year. They have no problem to buy a better server than a generic one. Not to mention I heard internet are superior to other countrys. It shall be possible case with enterprice server they need to buy.

But me too dunno. Why most mob need to drop junk items along. Shall be a progressive game rather than gamble game.

And ya option they going probably don't do that cause it deny a gamble style. ^^'

Also by you reference to my hypnotic what the server capability they currently they used that each person processoring power less than 10 % power Vita(yea to count graphic calculator where the server don't need to do) and it cause overload by around how many players? 10k each servers? That is some poor processing. ^^'