PDA

View Full Version : Weird... bug? All alone in an EQ

lilibat
Dec 9, 2014, 03:09 AM
This has happened a few times, in a few different EQs, but not always.

I'm making sure I am in a block appropriate for the difficulty level. I'll go down from the campship & either I'll be alone or there will be one other player there. No one else ever shows up. I drop quest & try again. Sometimes I try several times. The only other player I see is the same one, like they are bugged too.

I am just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. It seems really random.

:-?

LonelyGaruga
Dec 9, 2014, 03:16 AM
Which EQ? If you're doing a very unpopular one like Desert Guerillas, you will find no one, because everyone else will be running the other two desert EQs. Depending on the difficulty, you might just not find anyone else running that particular quest either, even though you're on the right block for it.

It's most likely not a bug so much as there really genuinely is no one else, or barely anyone else, running that EQ on the block.

lilibat
Dec 9, 2014, 03:23 AM
It's been during Mining base defense, both the first & despair, & the one with the Darkers. I know people are running it because the Gate lobby clears out once it starts for the most part & all times I have been on a full block. I almost never do the multiple choice ones.

Sizustar
Dec 9, 2014, 03:35 AM
What's your ingame id.
What difficulity and what block were you trying to join.
What is your equipment?

TaigaUC
Dec 9, 2014, 03:35 AM
Perhaps you are just joining late? If you don't join immediately, it usually becomes very difficult to fill a multi.

Instead of just dropping and retrying, check the list of available parties doing quests on your block, and on other blocks, to see if anybody else is actually doing the EQ.
Note that I don't think it shows any parties who are in the same multi as you, but I'm not sure.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2014, 04:03 AM
Or maybe you turned on 'join room that doesn't accept friend partners' in your matching settings at some point? That thing is a bit wonky.

udon-GE
Dec 9, 2014, 04:55 AM
you might want to check how many people in that room before starting, or just wait because sometime the room fill slowly. Maybe you're late accepting quest during EQ.

Don't expect everyone going on the field after selecting quest.

TaigaUC
Dec 9, 2014, 08:20 PM
Or maybe you turned on 'join room that doesn't accept friend partners' in your matching settings at some point? That thing is a bit wonky.

I thought that too, but does it even have an effect during EQs that don't allow friend partners?
That'd be really stupid if it does... but then, this is SEGA we're talking about.

Dephinix
Dec 9, 2014, 09:08 PM
I love all the ISP Tech Agent advice in here.

It'd be nice if you could post a screenshot of that with the transparent map up and menu open to show how many players there are. You'll probably get a solution faster that way.

milranduil
Dec 9, 2014, 09:29 PM
I've had it happen to me a few times due to forgetting I have an MPA specific password (from a group or whatever). Make sure you have no password.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 9, 2014, 09:55 PM
I love all the ISP Tech Agent advice in here.

It'd be nice if you could post a screenshot of that with the transparent map up and menu open to show how many players there are. You'll probably get a solution faster that way.
Uh, this is all basic stuff anyone should know. Do the easy shit first. You'd be surprised how many things can be solved with basic checks.

Plus, he could just check the main menu. That shows how people there are in real time. If he's not seeing anyone else, and the number just says 1/whatever, then he's just in an empty party.