PDA

View Full Version : Anga farming countermeasures on the 17th

Aine
Dec 12, 2014, 08:35 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4974

The following measures will be implemented on the 17th (next maintenance):

- The upper limit will be raised on the (hidden) points you get for killing enemies that increase boss drops. (Presumably this means the maximum number of boss drops will increase)

- Anga's (hidden) point value itself will be lowered.

So if you ignore the mobs and just kill Anga, you will get less drops than before. If you stay in the map for a long time and kill plenty of mobs you will get more drops than before.

- The number of mobs that spawn together with Anga will be reduced.

This is to prevent people from just killing the mobs that spawn with Anga for points.

- Once you clear the quest, if you enter the campship you will not be able to return to the map again.

This is to stop people from farming the maximum points and then just waiting in the campship until Anga appears.

Considering that people already farm up to 100~150 points before killing Anga, these changes don't seem like they'll affect dedicated Anga farming parties much (unless the third measure is so drastic it becomes impossible to farm mobs while Anga is on the map). They are mostly geared towards stopping ship campers.

Also unrelated to Anga farming:
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4973

Rappy, Umblla and Nyau emergency trials will be removed from Ultimate, so that Ult-specific trials will occur more frequently. More mammoths for everyone!

Rien
Dec 12, 2014, 08:38 AM
I'm trying to farm bayaribbles but anga keeps showing up .-.

Flaoc
Dec 12, 2014, 08:54 AM
not as bad as i thought it would be

Meteor Weapon
Dec 12, 2014, 09:15 AM
Rappy, Umblla and Nyau emergency trials will be removed from Ultimate, so that Ult-specific trials will occur more frequently. More mammoths for everyone!

WHY THANK YOU, ESPECIALLY RAPPIES AND GOD DAMMNED UMBLA, I've always hate that abomination.

Poyonche
Dec 12, 2014, 09:17 AM
NO MORE RAPPIES CANNON ! YEEEEEEH

Atmius
Dec 12, 2014, 09:23 AM
This is to stop people from farming the maximum points and then just waiting in the campship until Anga appears.
So the new 'actually running the mpa' meta will be run around killing stuff until ~1900 points, then camp, and periodically drop down to the start point to see if an anga has spawned, and repeat until it has?

Arkanoid
Dec 12, 2014, 09:35 AM
A good idea to get people to complete the quest would have been to spread out the 13 stars across the bosses and give good drops to the enemies too.

Like every other mode before ultimate.

Oops.

Dnd
Dec 12, 2014, 09:49 AM
give good drops to the enemies too.

Fixed

I dont mind this, 'cus i typically dont run for anga and if it means the other bosses drop more loot chances overall, all the better.

however it'd suck spawning anga right off the bat, i suppose

Hrith
Dec 12, 2014, 02:13 PM
I think this looks good, if the points required is done well.

I'm only after Bearibbles in this as well =/

pkemr4
Dec 12, 2014, 02:44 PM
i like this change.

Neith
Dec 12, 2014, 02:47 PM
I'm only interested in Chain Sawd and Yamigarasu anyway so this is good.

Although at this point I would be happy with any drop that wasn't a 10* :disapprove:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2014, 03:55 PM

I was solo rappy hunting in ult to get sakura end 17 between EQs... -_-

Fucking great...

un1t27
Dec 12, 2014, 04:00 PM

The following measures will be implemented on the 17th (next maintenance):

- The upper limit will be raised on the (hidden) points you get for killing enemies that increase boss drops. (Presumably this means the maximum number of boss drops will increase)

- Anga's (hidden) point value itself will be lowered.

So if you ignore the mobs and just kill Anga, you will get less drops than before. If you stay in the map for a long time and kill plenty of mobs you will get more drops than before.

- The number of mobs that spawn together with Anga will be reduced.

This is to prevent people from just killing the mobs that spawn with Anga for points.

- Once you clear the quest, if you enter the campship you will not be able to return to the map again.

Considering that people already farm up to 100~150 points before killing Anga, these changes don't seem like they'll affect dedicated Anga farming parties much (unless the third measure is so drastic it becomes impossible to farm mobs while Anga is on the map). They are mostly geared towards stopping ship campers.

Also unrelated to Anga farming:
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4973

http://d.maxfile.ro/xdfcyx.gif

FireswordRus
Dec 13, 2014, 08:23 PM

Sizustar
Dec 13, 2014, 08:26 PM
There's already a topic for it here~
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225874

It's basicly the change that Sega is changing for Ultimtate.

Z-0
Dec 17, 2014, 11:02 AM
Necro time.

Has anybody tried hunting Anga since the update? I'm really hoping it's still viable as I really want to get my 13*s, and the rest of the map is pretty useless so it's just a waste of time. Really wish I started earlier (played Ult for the first time in 3 weeks last night).

Lyrise
Dec 17, 2014, 11:49 AM
It's almost the same as before. Just have to kill more this time, and since it doesn't spawn with any, you have to run a bit more too. Basically the only thing this will affect is your booster usage.

NexusAZ
Dec 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
It's almost the same as before. Just have to kill more this time, and since it doesn't spawn with any, you have to run a bit more too. Basically the only thing this will affect is your booster usage.

Well, I guess that KIND OF sucks.... but pretty ineffective way to try and stop Anga farming. Oh, SEGA.....

Lyrise
Dec 17, 2014, 12:31 PM
It helps me more in that there are less people who only leech runs. Because each run takes longer, lots of people are just giving up and starting their own.

Z-0
Dec 17, 2014, 01:20 PM
Well, I guess that KIND OF sucks.... but pretty ineffective way to try and stop Anga farming. Oh, SEGA.....
Honestly after thinking about it, there's nothing wrong with Anga farming and SEGA shouldn't be trying to stop it.

Mainly because no matter what they do, it will always be more effective to just find an Anga and kill it without drop boosts, than run around Ultimate and kill one every 30 minutes, so no use making it harder for people.

Achelousaurus
Dec 17, 2014, 01:36 PM
I'm really glad Anga spawns less mobs.
Anga spawned less mobs than Diabo already btu with this maybe it's not gonna be such a huge bother.

In SH or XH mobs are not problem so it doesn't matter much if a boss spawns some.
But in ult it makes a HUGE difference.

BTW, did the jp Anga hunters change their password?
I was able to join them 3 times, twice with Hiragana 'Anga' and once with Katana but after that every anga hunt party (even with that in the name) used other passwords and I wasn't able to join anymore.

milranduil
Dec 17, 2014, 01:49 PM
I was able to join them 3 times, twice with Hiragana 'Anga' and once with Katana but after that every anga hunt party (even with that in the name) used other passwords and I wasn't able to join anymore.

Yes, it helps keep filthy gaijins out. I change my pw too to keep it interesting!

Kinaya
Dec 17, 2014, 02:01 PM
Yes, it helps keep filthy gaijins out. I change my pw too to keep it interesting!

I lol'ed hard keep em out yo

Atmius
Dec 17, 2014, 02:30 PM

The password is generally written in the description, so that, you know, you read the description.

Bellion
Dec 17, 2014, 02:51 PM
I think Anga farming is much better since 200 points right now is worth more than 200 points before in terms of total loot count. The loot cap is a bit more which is even better.

Hiragana seems to be too easy, so I'm going to start using Kanji passwords whenever I see certain foreigners use Vraolets or whatever before Anga is even dead. I mean hopefully this update would've changed this, but I saw one recently do this.
Also, reached 600+ Angas +250%-350%rdr without getting 13*, help.

NexusAZ
Dec 17, 2014, 03:20 PM

I salute you, sir.

Selphea
Dec 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
They should just make a mission called Towards the Anga where you go through a room of mobs or flip some secret switch then fight Anga.

Come to think of it, they actually might after we get 4 UQs...

Rakurai
Dec 17, 2014, 04:57 PM
So the "countermeasures" didn't actually fix anything, and people just need to kill enemies a little longer before they kill Anga?

Kind of expected as much, honestly.

Macman
Dec 19, 2014, 12:23 AM
Paying for that 50 Orochi now, eh?

Xaelouse
Dec 19, 2014, 01:01 AM
So the "countermeasures" didn't actually fix anything, and people just need to kill enemies a little longer before they kill Anga?

Kind of expected as much, honestly.

Seems the only thing they're actually putting effort into nerfing is the Gunner class.
"Weak Bullet" nerf was laughable, so was this. Unless UQs in the future are a bit different from this one, game's gonna have a bad future if it keeps up.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 19, 2014, 01:06 AM
I didn't mind the mobs, but i do notice a ton of people dieing left right center when anga is surrounded by mobs, but now after the 'countermeasure' people are going to run away to a different grid to make mobs spawn, its not a good thing for the players who die constantly. .. lol