PDA

View Full Version : DengekiPS, Famitsu December Scans, new drop details, and ES news

Lyrise
Dec 12, 2014, 10:48 PM
As always, each scan is in a 2 page layout, 2560x1440 resolution, at 4MB each image. You have been warned.

Dengeki Playstation December pages 1-8

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiDec1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiDec2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiDec3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiDec4.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Famitsu Dec.25, PSO Communication pages 1-6

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamiDec1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamiDec2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamiDec3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Quick Details:
-New EM mission with Magatsu is called "Descent of a Planet Destroying Calamity"
-As we already surmised, goal is to defeat Magatsu before it reaches the White Territory
-Being grounded in this mission is not a good thing - Magatsu will fire many many lasers downwards.
-Drops from Magatsu include Shingeki Raikou (12* bow), Lindblum (12*JB), Shooting Drive (12* Launcher), and Sange Yasha (12*DB)

-XH Volcano EM will have the following drops: Ten'i Musou (12* Double Saber), Susano Shouha (11* Katana), Lubel Cypher (11* Talis), and Suirenshaku (11* rod)

-XH Desert EM will have the following drops: Hyakka Ryouran (12* Dual Blade), Fraudite (11* Partisan), Waltz Fenix (11* Launcher), and Noire Mirrors (11* TMG)

-To help with the situation of being blinded by multiple Photon Blasts going off at once, a new option will be available allowing you to adjust for how many max you want to see on screen at once.

-PSO2es EM system is getting a large overhaul this month.
-Next es EM target will be Banther Oran
-EM missions now require OP (Operations Points) instead of stamina to enter, and tops out at 6 points.
-Operations points will regenerate over time like stamina, and sometimes when the target is eliminated, depending on your operation score.
-Operation score is your overall total of points earned through out the EM session from beginning to end. Reaching certain score targets yields you prizes. It may also affect your bonus scratch prizes.
-When target is eliminated, you still get items randomly assigned to you, you will also have a shot at the Bonus Scratch.

final_attack
Dec 12, 2014, 11:12 PM
Ooookay ..... wanna know the potential of new TMG ...... I wonder if it's JA bonus, like the one from bal Rodhos.

Also, that space suit (?) (green one, with opened chest) looks really cool.

Not sure if the tmg camo looks cool .......

PokeminMaster
Dec 12, 2014, 11:37 PM
Woah, those higher-res renders of the PSU characters look amazing... unless they're old in which case I'm glad to have seen them now lol

Anyway, does the 15th anniversary page mention anything new?

Lyrise
Dec 12, 2014, 11:54 PM
Woah, those higher-res renders of the PSU characters look amazing... unless they're old in which case I'm glad to have seen them now lol

Anyway, does the 15th anniversary page mention anything new?

No, it's pretty much a trip down memory lane, and for newcomers, a history lesson.

Sizustar
Dec 12, 2014, 11:55 PM
The next PSO2es EQ seems to have quite a few change.
So they are stopping people from doing the Stamina recharge method.

Fusionxglave
Dec 13, 2014, 01:38 AM
that accessory with the wings definitely expensive

NexusAZ
Dec 13, 2014, 01:41 AM
Even though Gunner is still kinda shit, really looking forward to the new TMGs. I really like the design of the Blanc Mirrors and I'll probably end up spending too much money on the new ones.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2014, 02:15 AM
Even though Gunner is still kinda shit, really looking forward to the new TMGs. I really like the design of the Blanc Mirrors and I'll probably end up spending too much money on the new ones.

I think dirt cheap recolored SH weapons is the new fad. Check the prices of white boulay, and pink langritter. *old man voice* back in my day, I tried farming langritter, and it cost ~20 million meseta.

Also it just occurred to me that we do not have a single 12* D saber. We have 11s, and a 13. Wut?

Maybe sega is being generous with the rates, and sources of weapons that don't drop from the big bosses. Granted the original boulay dropped from kartagrots, but now they come from banthers, I never got the original boulay to drop until XH city, and I got two of the recolors to drop for me in less than a week.

Rakurai
Dec 13, 2014, 03:29 AM
So they have rare versions of rare bosses in PSO2es now, apparently.

Wonder if those will ever be a thing in the original game.

Atmius
Dec 13, 2014, 03:38 AM
The next PSO2es EQ seems to have quite a few change.
So they are stopping people from doing the Stamina recharge method.

I sure hope that they don't screw people over and still make weapons require 5/10 chips, when max OP will be 6 with each run requiring 2. Also an estimate of banther oran's hp in that image is about a million, one pass too far?

KazukiQZ
Dec 13, 2014, 03:43 AM
@Manin
Sega is generous indeed for that matter. As for Boulay Arul, got myself 6 copies of it so far (Used 2 to make a 50 Element one)(....Discard one cos too many copies? =-='')

And speaking of ol' Langritter, totally got 2 of mine from 2 exploding Sparzyles. Not even been attacked too.

Sanguine2009
Dec 13, 2014, 05:01 AM
damnit sega! enough with the 12* twin sabers!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2014, 05:06 AM
damnit sega! enough with the 12* twin sabers!

We have double sabers, dual blades, and twin daggers.

Please pick the right weapon category name.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2014, 05:18 AM

Guess he meant dual blades. :3

Sanguine2009
Dec 13, 2014, 05:35 AM

no, they are twin sabers not dual blades. just like it's mech guns not TMGs. there is no good reason for sega to change the name of the weapon type. i refuse to call them that.

Digital Pain
Dec 13, 2014, 05:57 AM
Looks like Boulay Arl "could" be getting replaced already with the new Susano palette swap, also why hasn't sega given us Nagisa repca yet!? I want that hair and costume dammit

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2014, 05:58 AM
no, they are twin sabers not dual blades. just like it's mech guns not TMGs. there is no good reason for sega to change the name of the weapon type. i refuse to call them that.

Guess he meant dual blades. :3

The fact people have to guess, and look at the context of the situation to draw conclusions like a game of clue to know what you're talking about is sort of a problem.

Arialle
Dec 13, 2014, 06:48 AM
my heart suddenly went F YEAH when i saw nagisa's pic on it.....then i was in despair that it wasnt her costume thats gonna be in

Sanguine2009
Dec 13, 2014, 08:20 AM
The fact people have to guess, and look at the context of the situation to draw conclusions like a game of clue to know what you're talking about is sort of a problem.

aside from twin sabers being called twin sabers in every other game before? yeah totally a mystery what weapon type i was referring to. anyone who played one of the older games should recognize immediately what i was talking about.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2014, 08:34 AM
aside from twin sabers being called twin sabers in every other game before? yeah totally a mystery what weapon type i was referring to. anyone who played one of the older games should recognize immediately what i was talking about.

Weren't those called Double swords in PSO1 ?

Sanguine2009
Dec 13, 2014, 08:40 AM
twin swords yes. but the important part is the twin part. none of this dual nonsense.

Selphea
Dec 13, 2014, 09:32 AM
Dual Blades in PSU were called 双手剣, kanji for dual/twin swords, which leaves the English localization open.

Weapons in PSO2 no longer use kanji in their weapon category naming conventions. Dual Blades in PSO2 are called デュアルブレード , katakana for Dual Blades, so that ends up a lot less open to alternative localizations.

Ordy
Dec 13, 2014, 09:46 AM
twin swords yes. but the important part is the twin part. none of this dual nonsense.

1. Learn to read

http://i.imgur.com/3c8mnoT.jpg

2. 1* Dual Blades are named デュアルブレード (Dyu-a-ru-bu-ree-do)
3. This is pso2, we aren't all former pso1 or psu players so YOUR twin swords are nonsense here.
4. The majority sets the norm, guess what's the current naming norm for weapons.

Sanguine2009
Dec 13, 2014, 03:33 PM
1. Learn to read

http://i.imgur.com/3c8mnoT.jpg

2. 1* Dual Blades are named デュアルブレード (Dyu-a-ru-bu-ree-do)
3. This is pso2, we aren't all former pso1 or psu players so YOUR twin swords are nonsense here.
4. The majority sets the norm, guess what's the current naming norm for weapons.

Does not mean I have to call them that, I don't give a damn what its called in game or what the majority call it. I'm not arguing what the translation should be or what its called by the game. I call it that because i want to, not because that's i think that's what its called in game. To me its always gonna be twin sabers/swords/whatever. I never said other people had to call it that too.
This thread was derailed because some -redacted- got on my case because I refuse to call them dual blades, not because I did something like demanding others do the same. Call them what you want, I will to.

Sizustar
Dec 13, 2014, 04:12 PM
Looks like Boulay Arl "could" be getting replaced already with the new Susano palette swap, also why hasn't sega given us Nagisa repca yet!? I want that hair and costume dammit

Might be something planned with the 15th annivesary event.
From PSO2es, we already got hints that there will be PSP2 character chips in PSO2es.
And Nagisa is a pet chara of the new director, so he might be saving something special for her.

Gardios
Dec 13, 2014, 04:13 PM
Dual Blades in PSU were called 双手剣, kanji for dual/twin swords, which leaves the English localization open.

Weapons in PSO2 no longer use kanji in their weapon category naming conventions. Dual Blades in PSO2 are called デュアルブレード , katakana for Dual Blades, so that ends up a lot less open to alternative localizations.

飛翔剣, i.e. flying swords, is used for dual blades in PSO2. So yeah, making your argument to call them twin sabers because there was a weapon category like that in other games really isn't a wise decision.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2014, 07:02 PM
Ignoring the thread derailment from someone defending their lack of willingness to communicate using proper naming conventions everyone in the PSO2 category of the forums should recognize on sight...

Looks like Boulay Arl "could" be getting replaced already with the new Susano palette swap

I'd bet it'll have slightly less S atk, same potential, but usable by Fi, or Hu, or both. I don't think SEGA makes a habit of making a weapon absolete within a month by another weapon of the same category, same rarity, same potential from the same difficulty level.

Poyonche
Dec 13, 2014, 07:07 PM
I do think SEGA makes a habit of making a weapon absolete within a month by another weapon of the same category, same rarity, same potential from the same difficulty level.

Fixed dat for you, we're talking of SEGA ya'know ? :D

LonelyGaruga
Dec 13, 2014, 07:48 PM
Does not mean I have to call them that, I don't give a damn what its called in game or what the majority call it. I'm not arguing what the translation should be or what its called by the game. I call it that because i want to, not because that's i think that's what its called in game. To me its always gonna be twin sabers/swords/whatever.

And you're wrong to do so.

Get over it and get with the program.

I'd bet it'll have slightly less S atk, same potential, but usable by Fi, or Hu, or both. I don't think SEGA makes a habit of making a weapon absolete within a month by another weapon of the same category, same rarity, same potential from the same difficulty level.

Boulay Arl is actually one of the only palette swaps implemented so far that has the same potential its lower tier counterpart had. On the other hand, they all retained unusual stats and multiclass if present, so it's safe to assume that the Susano palette swap will retain the Hu/Fo multiclass and T-ATK that were present on its older counterpart. Potential is pretty up in the air though.

Noc Codez
Dec 13, 2014, 11:16 PM
what's that stuff about PSU ?

PokeminMaster
Dec 13, 2014, 11:24 PM
And you're wrong to do so.

Get over it and get with the program.

Who are we to dictate how Dual Blades should be referred to? It's not like it's a universal law that it they must be referred to as such; Sanguine is free to refer to the weapon however they wish, it is not for us to decide what words they use.

what's that stuff about PSU ?

It's merely a recap of key things from past Phantasy Star games

Noc Codez
Dec 13, 2014, 11:30 PM
Bleh.. was hoping they would bring back some of the old missions :C

LonelyGaruga
Dec 13, 2014, 11:41 PM
Now that's just wrong; people can refer to things however they want, others shouldn't be able to decide how they do so. Sanguine isn't trying to convince people they're called "Twin Sabers", that's just how they refer to them.

Really now. Seems to me Sanguine is convinced that Dual Blades are one and the same with Twin Sabers of past games, that it is in fact incorrect to call them Dual Blades, and that to say otherwise is wrong. Despite saying they aren't telling people they should call them Twin Sabers...pretty much did exactly that anyway.

Never mind that Dual Blades are not the same weapon type as the Twin Sabers of prior games. Don't really see how difficult it is to call them Dual Blades when talking to others and Twin Sabers in private. Personally, I think Techer is an incorrect translation (the katakana spells out Tekuta, which does come pretty close to Techter/Tector, former being what it's "officially" translated as, latter being short for protector, which matches what Techer does), but I don't go around using Techter everywhere I post, saying that it's the only right name when someone contradicts me and acting self-righteous about it, as Sanguine is doing. Don't see how Sanguine's justified.

PokeminMaster
Dec 13, 2014, 11:54 PM
Really now. Seems to me Sanguine is convinced that Dual Blades are one and the same with Twin Sabers of past games, that it is in fact incorrect to call them Dual Blades, and that to say otherwise is wrong. Despite saying they aren't telling people they should call them Twin Sabers...pretty much did exactly that anyway.

Never mind that Dual Blades are not the same weapon type as the Twin Sabers of prior games. Don't really see how difficult it is to call them Dual Blades when talking to others and Twin Sabers in private. Personally, I think Techer is an incorrect translation (the katakana spells out Tekuta, which does come pretty close to Techter/Tector, former being what it's "officially" translated as, latter being short for protector, which matches what Techer does), but I don't go around using Techter everywhere I post, saying that it's the only right name when someone contradicts me and acting self-righteous about it, as Sanguine is doing. Don't see how Sanguine's justified.
Sure, the way Sanguine responded wasn't exactly the most peaceful way of going about it, but that doesn't make it wrong. You all are just trying to create a problem where there isn't one, and your listed example contradicts what you are saying.

You are going against the actual translation, just as Sanguine is... just because more people user "Techer" doesn't make it the right way. The same should apply here; sure, "Twin Saber" could be a little bit vague, but not as vague as you all are making it out to be; the way I see it, Dual Blades vs Twin Daggers should be the only source of any confusion. Then taking the context of the first post, it should be obvious that it is referring to blades, for there are no Daggers there...

Looking at those two, I can see that sure, Sanguine isn't going about the matter very delicately. But regardless,

I never said other people had to call it that too.

Just read that, and let it be...

Selphea
Dec 13, 2014, 11:54 PM
"Te-ku-ta-" -> "Techer" was the official localization from JP PSU to EN PSU though.

PokeminMaster
Dec 14, 2014, 12:02 AM
"Te-ku-ta-" -> "Techer" was the official localization from JP PSU to EN PSU though.

Yeah, you do have point there, I had forgotten about that...

but nonetheless, I will stand by my point that Sanguine is not in the wrong here; sure, they're not responding in the calmest manner, but that doesn't make them wrong.

Tankotron
Dec 14, 2014, 12:05 AM

Look you can't just say NO THEY AREN"T CALLED THAT and then afterwards be all waaaah i'll call them what i want! Call em forks if ya want but don't go around telling other people they're wrong.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 14, 2014, 12:18 AM
Sure, the way Sanguine responded wasn't exactly the most peaceful way of going about it, but that doesn't make it wrong. You all are just trying to create a problem where there isn't one, and your listed example contradicts what you are saying.

You are going against the actual translation, just as Sanguine is... just because more people user "Techer" doesn't make it the right way.

Uh...no, my point was that I don't actually use Techter anywhere, regardless of whether I believe it to be a more accurate translation or not, because that isn't really what it was translated as. Whether I agree or not, Techer is the officially translated name. So I use it. While Dual Blades are the officially translated name, and Sanguine does not use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqwx2XFb1fQ

Localization being the key word. Te-ku-ta, Techer drops the u-t part. The name was altered in the localization process. That's not to say that it's less official that way, but that isn't technically a correct translation. It's a localization. And it's not entirely uncommon for a bad localization to be refused by a fanbase. Not that that's the case here, so no reason not to use Techer. It has official backing, it's close enough, and no one cares.

Of course, that makes my example terrible because that's pretty far away from Twin Sabers vs Dual Blades, since Dual Blades are a new weapon entirely and do not translate in any form or fashion to Twin Sabers. Oops.

Sanguine2009
Dec 14, 2014, 12:54 AM
I never said anything about twin sabers being the correct translation/localization/whatever, its not and that's not what i am saying.

...however that does not mean I have to call them dual blades either. I'm not arguing that others have to call them twin sabers or that others calling them dual sabers is wrong, just that i refuse to regardless of what the game calls them or what others want me to call them. call it blind nostalgia, foolish stubbornness, or whatever else you want.

I probably should have chosen my words better earlier but hey, I have never been that tactful and what's said is said.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 14, 2014, 01:08 AM
...I can't believe people are arguing over naming conventions...especially considering it's not hard to figure out what the person means...