PDA

View Full Version : How active are English speakers in PSO2?

Johno_UK
Dec 14, 2014, 11:36 AM
Hi all, as the title says, how active are English speakers in PSO2? Is there a specific ship/place the English speakers hang out? What kind of numbers are we talking?

Thanks,
Johno.

Apostosis
Dec 14, 2014, 11:56 AM
you have a lot of english speakers on ship 2

Johno_UK
Dec 14, 2014, 11:59 AM
Fantastic, thanks Apostosis.

MRLADYBOY
Dec 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
As stated in the earlier post, ship 2 is where the English speaking players are. Just in case you didn't know. You'll have to either run a VPN or use AWS to actually access the game now. As a UK player myself. I know that not a single ISP from the UK can access the game. Bit of a ball ache, but worth the effort.

Asuka~
Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 PM
TalkTalk can get on without VPN. ;w;

MRLADYBOY
Dec 14, 2014, 12:30 PM
TalkTalk can get on without VPN. ;w;

Well blow me down... I stand corrected (and jealous) :O

TehCubey
Dec 14, 2014, 12:34 PM
Ship 4 and 10 have sizeable english-speaking populations too.

Also ship 2 has a bad rep and player shops have high prices. I'll leave to personal experience to determine how much the former is accurate and how much of it is just baseless rumor.

Asuka~
Dec 14, 2014, 12:34 PM
Well blow me down... I stand corrected (and jealous) :O

Lol. I found about TalkTalk's reign of freedom over being unblocked a little while ago. I bite my thumb at that company and its customers! (It's okay, I'm jealous and I'm on Sky - which is blocked unsurprisingly enough).

Johno_UK
Dec 14, 2014, 01:26 PM
As stated in the earlier post, ship 2 is where the English speaking players are. Just in case you didn't know. You'll have to either run a VPN or use AWS to actually access the game now. As a UK player myself. I know that not a single ISP from the UK can access the game. Bit of a ball ache, but worth the effort.

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with VPN having worked abroad. But thats an AWS and how can it help?

Thanks all for your comments.

Husq
Dec 14, 2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with VPN having worked abroad. But thats an AWS and how can it help?
Amazon offers AWS Free Tier, that last for 12 months. Bascially with the AWS package, you can setup your own VPN. The handy part of it is, it allows you to choose different regions and tokyo (asia pafic 1) is one of the of the options, to keep it short.

Johno_UK
Dec 14, 2014, 02:25 PM
Cheers Husq!

Skye-Fox713
Dec 14, 2014, 02:46 PM

It really depends on your ISP. However if the OP can bring up PSO2.jp through normal means without a vpn, then you should be able to play the game using your normal ISP without a vpn.

TaigaUC
Dec 15, 2014, 12:19 AM
On ship 2, I see EN players every day on nearly every block, so they must be pretty active.

Chigun
Dec 15, 2014, 02:04 AM
It's mind boggling how many English speakers are on ship 2 to me, honestly. But that's because I got used to ship 9 for about half a year. At times it almost seems like this is an English-speaking game, haha. But the fact that Japanese players rarely speak in public chat (for whatever reason) probably helps this perception.