PDA

View Full Version : Ship 2 best if looking for ENG?

BallJointed
Dec 14, 2014, 06:49 PM
Basically, I've been playing for a little while on another ship with a couple of people, but I have some friends who play on Ship 2, which I know is the primary location for the English community.

However, I'll admit they're just a bit flakey and I'm not 100% sure they'll be around all the time, so I just wanted to ask about Ship 2 and the community, likelihood of finding a good guild, etc.

Thank you.

ashley50
Dec 14, 2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225898

BallJointed
Dec 14, 2014, 08:03 PM
Thank you. I read that thread, but it seemed more for a 'where is' which I already knew was Ship 2. Most of the talk in that thread is about VPN and who is or isn't blocked at login.

I was more interested in how good the community of Ship 2 is and didn't want to derail their conversation.

Hitoshura
Dec 14, 2014, 08:19 PM
Thank you. I read that thread, but it seemed more for a 'where is' which I already knew was Ship 2. Most of the talk in that thread is about VPN and who is or isn't blocked at login.

I was more interested in how good the community of Ship 2 is and didn't want to derail their conversation.

The quality of the community depends on where you hang out and who you meet. There's plenty of smaller, nicer communities on ship 2, and there's also places like block 20 which is still a hellhole, except now it's a smaller hellhole because former b-20 players have left and spread throughout the ship while new players avoid it like the plague because of the reputation it has.

BallJointed
Dec 14, 2014, 08:30 PM
Goodness. Dare I ask why the block has such a bad reputation?

I guess my main thing right now is while I love my friend on Ship 7, I want to meet more people, regardless if the other friends stay or not. I've recently started a hiatus from FFXIV because of douchey communities (which I know to some degree is inevitable in MMOs), so... Just kind of poking around.

Thank you again.

Chik'Tikka
Dec 16, 2014, 04:06 AM
If you haven't created your free second character yet, do so for ship 2 and start asking people stuff+^_^+

Chigun
Dec 16, 2014, 04:12 AM
Goodness. Dare I ask why the block has such a bad reputation?

I guess my main thing right now is while I love my friend on Ship 7, I want to meet more people, regardless if the other friends stay or not. I've recently started a hiatus from FFXIV because of douchey communities (which I know to some degree is inevitable in MMOs), so... Just kind of poking around.

Thank you again.

Any bad reputation spread for ship 2 is forced. Probably a relic from pre-DDoS. Even Block 20 people are pretty sterile these days. It's more like an afk club with occasional outbreaks of raunchy topics. Ooh, scary.

Ship 2 is what you're looking for. I left ship 9 for the same reason as yours and haven't been disappointed.