PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Maintenance 12/17/2014 (Wednesday)

Manta Oyamada
Dec 15, 2014, 08:38 AM
Weekly Maintenance Details:

Date: 12/17/2014 (Wednesday)

Expected Time Duration: 9:00 ~ 17:00 JST

PC Details:

Game Launcher Version: Version 03.00.01
Client Version: ver. 3.0301.0
Update Size
Pre-patched: 491MB
No Pre-patch: 1.3GB
Full Client Installer: 23.6GB

Vita Details: Via "LiveArea"

Client Version: ver.3.09
Game Update Size: 467MB
Full Client Installer: 6.1GB

Expected New Contents & Changes:

Episode 3 Hotfixes
New Emergency Quest: Magatsu - The Ancient Titan
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Collaboration AC Contents
(1) 11* Weapon = 1 Cube / (5) 11* Units = 1 Photon Sphere
Level 4 Crafting Room Goods
New 11-12* Weapons including Dual Blades Sange & Yasha
Anga Fandarge Counter Measure Implementation
Desert and Volcanic Caves XH levels
New Team Room Theme featuring Shironia Oriental Manor

Xaelouse
Dec 15, 2014, 09:13 AM
They sure are hyping up Sangeyasha enough to put so much emphasis on it
It's also the only weapon they didn't showcase in the livestream so its potential is still a mystery.

Stickboy
Dec 15, 2014, 09:17 AM
prolly ancient oath potential

finally anga countermeasures. im having trouble leveling up with this shit happening

Syklo
Dec 15, 2014, 06:02 PM
(1) 11* Weapon = 1 Cube / (5) 11* Units = 1 Photon Sphere

ONE cube?
Are you serious SEGA?!?!?
Unless this is a different kind of cube, I think i'll stick to desynthesising them....

Z-0
Dec 15, 2014, 06:17 PM
finally anga countermeasures. im having trouble leveling up with this shit happening
They're not going to do anything unless it becomes literally impossible to spawn enemies when Anga spawns, so you're not going to be able to do Ult MPAs regardless.

Rather than Anga counter-measures, they should really buff the rest of the enemies reward-wise, as nobody wants to slog through the quest to get nothing from it when all the best stuff is from Anga.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 15, 2014, 06:17 PM
Just one cube. There's a thread discussing it (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225866) already.

Xaeris
Dec 15, 2014, 06:38 PM
I'm not expecting the Anga countermeasures to change much. The only one that has any real potential is limiting enemy spawns while Anga is active and it remains to be seen how limiting is limiting. The gamer's willingness to do something transparently monotonous in exchange for a big enough carrot is not to be underestimated.

Honestly, after Magatsu loses its luster, I think it may be time for me to have a break from the game if things carry on as they've been.

Ashes Darkmare
Dec 15, 2014, 06:51 PM
I could never achieve a Sange yasha in Phantasy Star Universe I so gunna keep fighting this towering monster until I achieve one finally!

EvilMag
Dec 15, 2014, 06:52 PM
Did Sangeyasha ever have HP steal in PSU? I think I recall having it in PSP2.

Ashes Darkmare
Dec 15, 2014, 06:53 PM
Did Sangeyasha ever have HP steal in PSU? I think I recall having it in PSP2.

I don't remember it has been a long time since I last played PSU(Since the server went down on the 360 server)

Chigun
Dec 15, 2014, 06:53 PM
ONE cube?
Are you serious SEGA?!?!?
Unless this is a different kind of cube, I think i'll stick to desynthesising them....

I literally hate 11* weapons because they're useless without the excube option (And having prem. I can buy whichever ones I want anyway). This is wonderful news. :/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 15, 2014, 06:56 PM
prolly ancient oath potential

UQ exp is kinda trash anyway.

They're not going to do anything unless it becomes literally impossible to spawn enemies when Anga spawns, so you're not going to be able to do Ult MPAs regardless.

Rather than Anga counter-measures, they should really buff the rest of the enemies reward-wise, as nobody wants to slog through the quest to get nothing from it when all the best stuff is from Anga.

Wider disk drop pools for class specific disks, and EQ levels of disk droprate bare minimum would make sense so people could, you know... actually have something to go for besides anga between EQs.

I'm not expecting the Anga countermeasures to change much. The only one that has any real potential is limiting enemy spawns while Anga is active and it remains to be seen how limiting is limiting. The gamer's willingness to do something transparently monotonous in exchange for a big enough carrot is not to be underestimated.

Honestly, after Magatsu loses its luster, I think it may be time for me to have a break from the game if things carry on as they've been.

Ritualistic login for DO pickup/scratch mode activated.

EvilMag
Dec 15, 2014, 07:01 PM
Heres my idea sega. Spread the 13* drops to all bosses. Make any enemy drop 12*. Problem solved.

Xaeris
Dec 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
Ritualistic login for DO pickup/scratch mode activated.

Well naturally, I have to keep my waifu in vogue.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 15, 2014, 07:13 PM
Heres my idea sega. Spread the 13* drops to all bosses. Make any enemy drop 12*. Problem solved.

Yes, take the PB based drops from the PB based boss and give them to natives too. Brilliant.

Second one's not so bad, except the problem is the drop rates. Not the drop distribution. The rates are terrible and the EXP is terrible. Makes more sense to buff the drop rates, but that doesn't matter outside of 10* (and soon to be 11*) weapons and units since 13*s are better than any 12* that drops in UQs. Sega's own fault for making 13*s so much better than everything else.

At least their solution wasn't to nerf 13*s.

Z-0
Dec 15, 2014, 07:14 PM
Frankly, I don't care about how much sense things make as long as they're fair.

Xaeris
Dec 15, 2014, 07:19 PM
While Native bosses dropping 13*s wouldn't make obvious thematic sense, it's important for games to remember that thematic sense should always take a backseat to balance. All of the best weapons (exempting niche tactics like using Rikauteri) in the game dropping from one single boss because all those weapons are patterned after that boss is an example of putting thematic sense in front of balance. Working from the very start, they shouldn't have patterned 13*s after a single enemy in the first place, but since they already have, I don't really care if the Native bosses drop them if it means 90% of the content in the map isn't worthless.

Chigun
Dec 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
13* drop rates (and others) don't seem to be any worse than a lot of the significantly less impressive drops that people grinded months and years for in the original PSO.

Selphea
Dec 15, 2014, 07:52 PM
More like they shouldn't have made such a big gap between 13* and 12* in the first place. As it is, I wonder how they're going to keep people interested for the next two months now that they're all set for gear and after Magatsu, there's nothing new until March.

final_attack
Dec 15, 2014, 08:01 PM
I'll just hope the drop rate will be boosted after this counter-measure implemented ...... quite a lot for *13 (preferably not troll drop too, since I don't really play other classes other than Gu :wacko: ).

Don't wanna grind too much, since it felt like a job (while I'm here to chill) ....... reminded me when I got my 1st Yash9000 drop from Rogbelt when it's already around 100k-ish per piece (bought it a few months before), while I'm already grinding them once the info is available in Wiki with booster on most of the time :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Dec 15, 2014, 08:32 PM
While Native bosses dropping 13*s wouldn't make obvious thematic sense, it's important for games to remember that thematic sense should always take a backseat to balance. All of the best weapons (exempting niche tactics like using Rikauteri) in the game dropping from one single boss because all those weapons are patterned after that boss is an example of putting thematic sense in front of balance. Working from the very start, they shouldn't have patterned 13*s after a single enemy in the first place, but since they already have, I don't really care if the Native bosses drop them if it means 90% of the content in the map isn't worthless.

They shouldn't have, but that's what they're doing. Sega's not going to just switch tracks now that they've committed themselves to their terrible decision, even if it would better balance the game, because that's the kind of game Sega's running. Unfortunately.

More like they shouldn't have made such a big gap between 13* and 12* in the first place. As it is, I wonder how they're going to keep people interested for the next two months now that they're all set for gear and after Magatsu, there's nothing new until March.

This too. Between the decision to make Anga Fandarge the only source of 13*s, the decision to make 13*s the strongest weapons in the game barring a number of exceptions that can be counted on one hand, and the decision to make UQs a low EXP yield quest type that has a terrible rare drop rate, Sega goofed on everything about UQs, barring making it more difficult than prior content, which is hardly a plus with the awful rewards for running them.

The fact that they restarted the damage jumps on discs (at least for melee PAs) and timegated XH in the same update as UQs just smacks of terrible planning on Sega's part. The entire update was full of bad decisions. There are a hundred different ways Sega could have done better. But they didn't, and that can't really be helped.

By the way, Shironia LQ is January and features level 75 mobs, that's new. All LQs in the past have been pretty good without exception (dunno about the one with Knight Gear, I skipped out cuz of the DDoS) so this one should be as well.

Chigun
Dec 15, 2014, 08:50 PM
God-items dropping from one thing and being overly hunted is nothing new in Phantasy Star land. PSO2 already makes it so much easier than past iterations, what with boost items and unique items appearing for each character. I mean I can see people grumbling about the UQ spamming, but I find it better than before: at least I can play with people consistently and for extended periods of time whenever I want, and unlike limited quests they won't be vanishing. It's not like 13*s prevent people from, say, taking a break to go level a different class or something.

So long as the RNG is involved, item hunting is always going to leave a percentage of people really irritated. I don't like it, either, but at the same time we all know (or should) what we're getting into when playing this.

I can agree with one screw up going on post-UQ update. XH's artificial difficulty is really noticeable, and in groups of 12 I cannot tell the difference between it and SH mode. Things still liquify in under a second, people still use their same tech/PA/whatever without thought. And why exactly can't this have been just released for all quests and EQs from the start instead of this gradual release deal? Ah, well.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 15, 2014, 10:37 PM
And why exactly can't this have been just released for all quests and EQs from the start instead of this gradual release deal? Ah, well.

90% of the reason i'm salty.

I'm pretty sure the implementation of SH took more programming effort than this since they had to actually change enemy behavior.

SH-XH is just multiply enemy HP by like 7x or more.

I'm used to dripfeed but this is gradually just spreading it thinner than ever before for the sake of it. Probably just to make sure the game has the 10 year lifespan they hoped for and hyped.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 16, 2014, 01:28 AM
XH does have some enemy behavior differences, but all I've noticed so far is that Goldrahda chain their attacks, like only doing one spin kick then jumping, performing another attack after spitting a projectile, stuff like that. They already did Cluster Bullet > jump before, but I'm pretty sure the other stuff is new.

Beats me if anything else changed besides HP and resistances. The extra HP does help enemies show off their SH behavior better though, even when SH was new mobs and bosses were being vaporized unless you were a tech class. Granted, they are still being vaporized since XH quests are all MPAs...it really doesn't make much difference besides TD.

Maenara
Dec 16, 2014, 06:29 AM
XH Ragne spawns Krahdas. *giggle*

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 16, 2014, 07:47 AM

He always did in the arena. Either them or dagan.

Flaoc
Dec 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
They shouldn't have, but that's what they're doing. Sega's not going to just switch tracks now that they've committed themselves to their terrible decision, even if it would better balance the game, because that's the kind of game Sega's running. Unfortunately.

This too. Between the decision to make Anga Fandarge the only source of 13*s, the decision to make 13*s the strongest weapons in the game barring a number of exceptions that can be counted on one hand, and the decision to make UQs a low EXP yield quest type that has a terrible rare drop rate, Sega goofed on everything about UQs, barring making it more difficult than prior content, which is hardly a plus with the awful rewards for running them.

The fact that they restarted the damage jumps on discs (at least for melee PAs) and timegated XH in the same update as UQs just smacks of terrible planning on Sega's part. The entire update was full of bad decisions. There are a hundred different ways Sega could have done better. But they didn't, and that can't really be helped.

By the way, Shironia LQ is January and features level 75 mobs, that's new. All LQs in the past have been pretty good without exception (dunno about the one with Knight Gear, I skipped out cuz of the DDoS) so this one should be as well.

knight gear one was rather boring, but it was great if u needed stam and spirita fodder

Rien
Dec 16, 2014, 11:24 AM

I don't need FURTHER dilution of my chain sword/ sals punisher drop tables.

Atmius
Dec 16, 2014, 12:15 PM
I don't need FURTHER dilution of my chain sword/ sals punisher drop tables.

Dilution? Hardly. the bears are rarer than bowan on UQ maps, so having it drop from more than them would be a much better outcome, if anything.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 16, 2014, 12:53 PM

I thought about it, but then I remembered that in the Dark Ragne vs Vol Dragon fight that was done on one of the livestreams, Dark Ragne spawned some Krahda and I think Dagan. That was back when VH was the highest difficulty, so no special AI changes or anything.

Fuck if I know where that link is though.

Ragne won in case you were wondering. The darkers always won in those fights, except for Falz Hunar vs Dragon Ex, Noire Draal, and two Goronzorans. Goronzoran barrier mechanic is too tricky for Falz Hunar's AI.