PDA

View Full Version : PSO2/SAO "News" Article

Kiyumi
Dec 15, 2014, 07:09 PM
Saw this pop up on a Japan/Asia light news site I follow. Thought I would share.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/12/15/life-imitates-sword-art-online-as-japanese-gamers-find-they-cant-log-out-of-online-rpg/

Apparently there was a malfunction where players couldnt log out so it was compared to Sword Art Online. Arent you glad PSO2 is not connected to our real lives like SAO? ^^

Asuka~
Dec 15, 2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks for sharing, you lovely human being. But yeah, I'd have been a BIT worried (albeit momentarily and proceed to laugh a shit ton) if I was using the Oculus Rift mod for it (it's on your head). :P

Chigun
Dec 15, 2014, 07:17 PM
Now if only options like control alt delete and turning the computer off were somehow sabotaged.

Quite an amusing read. Sort of wish I was there for that glitch lol

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 15, 2014, 07:40 PM
Gold. This is just gold.

xervah
Dec 15, 2014, 08:33 PM
I think after the sudden server implode (refer to sudden server shutdown, lol) :wacko:
well, only quite few who were logging in after the implode.

and i just notice that when i want to quit pso2, Exit Game, Return to Title Screen and Change Ships are gone and i though it's probably something to do with the english patch so i had to Alt-F4. :-?

i didn't bothered untill i see this... lol

TehCubey
Dec 15, 2014, 10:21 PM
.hack//Sign did it first, over ten years before SAO. Looks like the article's author is an ignorant who only knows the most mainstream of modern anime.

It was a better show, too

SakoHaruo
Dec 15, 2014, 10:35 PM
.hack//Sign did it first, over ten years before SAO.

Another salty .hack fan. o3o

Why do they always say this shit? :wacko:

Dephinix
Dec 15, 2014, 11:04 PM
Because only one group of people love the overhype. Having to babysit a bunch of SAO diehards ruined any chance of me enjoying it, so I watched it 6 months after it came out. It was that bad.

Sizustar
Dec 15, 2014, 11:07 PM
Because only one group of people love the overhype. Having to babysit a bunch of SAO diehards ruined any chance of me enjoying it, so I watched it 6 months after it came out. It was that bad.

How does other people enjoying what they enjoy have any effect on you?
Why should it matter what they find entertaining if it doesn't match your taste?

Dephinix
Dec 15, 2014, 11:11 PM
"so I watched it six months after it came out." Never said I didn't like it, but I felt I wouldn't be able to enjoy it while all the hype was polluting a lot of the popular streaming sites.

As for why it affects me, I mod on an anime streaming site, and when I said babysit, I mean babysit. It was for a full four months that SAO fans would break rules, get banned, cry to mods, and would constantly repeat. Or do you find it enjoyable to be surrounded by 40-50 kids yelling and screaming about the same thing?

Meteor Weapon
Dec 15, 2014, 11:20 PM
SAO was ok, Fairyland was shit, GGO was cool, Excaliber was meh, Mother Rosario Arc is feels.

SAO had its ups and down. I'm not sure about .Hack, but .Hack//Sign and .Hack//Roots bore me to death. I can never get into .Hack due to its complexity on some stuff and how it relies on scattered serial continuity, still that doesn't mean its bad.

Sizustar
Dec 15, 2014, 11:43 PM
"so I watched it six months after it came out." Never said I didn't like it, but I felt I wouldn't be able to enjoy it while all the hype was polluting a lot of the popular streaming sites.

As for why it affects me, I mod on an anime streaming site, and when I said babysit, I mean babysit. It was for a full four months that SAO fans would break rules, get banned, cry to mods, and would constantly repeat. Or do you find it enjoyable to be surrounded by 40-50 kids yelling and screaming about the same thing?

Well, usually just ignore them, they like different thing then you.
But if you are a moderator that see's a lot of repeat topic, then it might be different.

.Hack, SAO, and Log Horizon, I like Log Horizon out of the 3 "Stuck in a game world" serie.

Kiyumi
Dec 16, 2014, 12:11 AM
There always has to be "that guy" who says something is fake or photoshop or whatever.

Im sure all those different people happened to post those "fake" images all at the same time. The only one that looks like it could be fake is the last one. "its pixelated" = photoshop apparently now.

Dephinix
Dec 16, 2014, 12:12 AM
Yeah, Log Horizon as a whole was my favorite as well, but I guess most people found it too slow. It had a lot more depth though.

Sizustar
Dec 16, 2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Log Horizon as a whole was my favorite as well, but I guess most people found it too slow. It had a lot more depth though.

Sega also had the right to it, and did a collab with their Chain Chronicle Mobage.

Still waiting and seeing if they'll put it in PSO2.
I want Shiroe's Phantasm Wing of Light rod.

SkyeNorvil
Dec 16, 2014, 12:37 AM
+1 for Log Horizon.
.Hack made me wanna go to sleep and SAO made me wanna hurt small children.

But back at the topic at hand, can anyone confirm whether or not this happened?

Ephidiel
Dec 16, 2014, 02:00 AM
.hack//Sign did it first, over ten years before SAO. Looks like the article's author is an ignorant who only knows the most mainstream of modern anime.

It was a better show, too

You do know that the sao lightnovel series started around the same time hack series started

sol_trigger
Dec 16, 2014, 02:08 AM
*i summon B20 SAO fanboi to stormshit this thread*

Rien
Dec 16, 2014, 02:36 AM
If that shit happened it would be on pso2 main site's news.

It's not.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 16, 2014, 03:23 AM
And that's why the article is nonsense.

Last Sunday, shortly before midnight, video game company Sega noticed that some players were encountering problems keeping them from signing into the servers for Phantasy Star Online 2. In response, a message was sent out from the title’s official Twitter account, saying that the company was looking into the cause of the problem and would be correcting it shortly.

Yeah, no. This didn't happen.

It's weird because for once almost everything I know firsthand is accurately discussed on other articles. Could be better, but not necessarily the fault of the authors, and websites like this are usually pretty terrible about that.

Can this thread be closed now. It's a false report. Turns out the logout thing really was invisible for people that were on, just talked with a friend about it that has no business lying.

Still, the other images look pretty damn photoshopped (turns out they're all legit)...and you can always just close your game via the big old X on the top right. Pretty stupid to bring up SAO.

MadDemon64
Dec 16, 2014, 09:05 PM
I would have likened it to .hack//SIGN.

HardLight620
Dec 16, 2014, 09:10 PM
Reading the article, this sounds more like an in-joke on the part of the Japanese player base that the site picked up on a bit too quickly.

As for the more important discussion:

.hack//Sign was alright, but it was also pretty heavy. I preferred .hack//Quantum for its lighter take on the world. SAO was cool for the Aincrad arc, but I haven't been able to take any of the villains or threats seriously for any of the subsequent arcs. Log Horizon season 1 was awesome for its politics making it one of my favorite series so far. While I feel they dropped a ball a bit for the early part of the second season, it seems like they're starting to pull it together again.

Also, just because no one else has mentioned it yet, Tron actually did it first. ;-)

Shinamori
Dec 16, 2014, 09:58 PM
You must be new to the Internet and "let's troll people by faking stuff", especially when it comes to the JP community. (Did you know that UTAUloid Kasane Teto was a gigantic april fool's joke to trick people and then call them stupid when they clicked on her page?)

Screenshot 1: Lines don't match, the rest of the letter doesn't show even though the menu is supposed to be transparent (Look at the other letters)

http://aida.moe/puush/NgOK.png

Screenshot 3: The area where the text should be is transparent. (Spoilers: It's not because it's fake.) Photoshopped screen on left, actual screenshot from in-game a moment ago on the right.

http://aida.moe/puush/Ictz.png

Screenshot 4:

If a giant white box that only covers part of a icon isn't enough to convince you it's a photoshop, take some screenshots from private servers that show it should either load the ERROR icon or load nothing instead:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://aida.moe/puush/G2sc.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://aida.moe/puush/eMkr.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

With this in mind, all you're left with is a highly compressed and pixelated JPG where it's too horrible for me to even point out how it's fake. I don't even think the game takes screenshots that bad. With 3 fake screenshots in hand, and one horrible one, magic 8ball says it's likely that the last one is fake too.

Why didn't anyone record a quick video? Because it's fake.

Wait, timeout. You have UQ on the private server already?

Chigun
Dec 16, 2014, 10:19 PM
.hack//sign was the first animoo I bought on DvD so I would have linked it to that as well. It is a bit trying... I mean there's more sitting around and talking casually in that than in most slice-of-life shows. And a lot of the action sequences are over before you know it began. But I liked it all the same. Too bad the ending was basically a deus ex machina (though this sort of abrupt wtf ending sure is trendy in anime, unfortunately).

Zyrusticae
Dec 16, 2014, 11:21 PM
Man... until we have something resembling NERVE gear this sort of thing is really pretty pointless. Not even worth getting worried over when you can just alt-tab out of the game and close it that way. Ah, well.

yoshiblue
Dec 16, 2014, 11:27 PM
You die in game, you're computer dies in real life!

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 16, 2014, 11:58 PM
if only something cool happened with pso2