PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Google Wallet Refunds PSO2es (AC)

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 06:34 PM
Has anyone received an email from google saying you were eligible for a refund on purchases made through google play on PSO2es on the basis that the transactions could have been purchased by a minor?

Sizustar
Dec 16, 2014, 06:37 PM
Has anyone received an email from google saying you were eligible for a refund on purchases made through google play on PSO2es on the basis that the transactions could have been purchased by a minor?

It's nothing to do with PSO2es, but with the settlement that Google mad with the FCC, for player store and in app purchase within a certain time frame might be eligble for refund.

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 06:39 PM
It's nothing to do with PSO2es, but with the settlement that Google mad with the FCC, for player store and in app purchase within a certain time frame might be eligble for refund.

Is it lawful/unlawful for me to submit for a refund? Some of my transactions are eligible but some aren't. It totals like 2701 YEN.

EDIT: And just for clarification on Suz post. It's the FTC not the FCC

Sizustar
Dec 16, 2014, 06:44 PM
Is it lawful/unlawful for me to submit for a refund? Some of my transactions are eligible but some aren't. It totals like $30 USD.

I doubt it'll be any problem if you submit all eligble purchase, for very large amount, they might requist more information on the specific purchase and situation.

But there really isn't anything stopping you and other, beside the honor system from claiming all eligble purhcase as refundable.

Worse thing that can happen, is google not give the refund.

They have a FAQ
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6099759?p=inapp_faq&rd=1

For everyone else, just go to
https://play.google.com/store/ftc

pkemr4
Dec 16, 2014, 06:51 PM
wouldnt this like get your pso2 account banned?

Sizustar
Dec 16, 2014, 06:58 PM

From what I understand, this is like other class action suit, it's Google paying these refund(19 million USD)

Shinamori
Dec 16, 2014, 07:01 PM
lol refund everything.

pkemr4
Dec 16, 2014, 07:02 PM
From what I understand, this is like other class action suit, it's Google paying these refund(19 million USD)

but doesn't google have to contact sega? i got this email as well but don't want to risk my account getting perm banned.

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 07:16 PM
but doesn't google have to contact sega? i got this email as well but don't want to risk my account getting perm banned.

Playing can get you banned. But I get what you're saying.. Hypothetically you can refund all of your PSO2es transactions or at least the eligible ones.. But then, what would sega do about that? They couldn't ban you on the basis of that cause it's all legal BUT then again. If sega does ban you, what can you do about it lol.

.Jack
Dec 16, 2014, 07:27 PM

The money refunded is coming from Google, SEGA still gets to keep what it charged. With all the millions of dollars that minors ran up their parent's CC it's very unlikely.

Sizustar
Dec 16, 2014, 07:32 PM

Why would Google have to contact Sega?

Google is paying the refunds, and with the large number of available apps, I doubt google is going to contact each one individually.

pkemr4
Dec 16, 2014, 07:35 PM
nvm found it. have till december 2nd 2015

LordKaiser
Dec 16, 2014, 08:10 PM
So you will fall this low?

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 08:15 PM
Just imagine getting ALL the money you spent on PSO2 back through a loophole? That's a lot of AC lol.
Some more than others lol

Shinamori
Dec 16, 2014, 08:18 PM
If I get banned, then I'd totally do this.

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 08:29 PM
If I get banned, then I'd totally do this.

Well according to facts. Even if you request a refund you can't get banned because Sega already got paid. Google is paying from their end.

manthisis
Dec 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
Has anyone tried this? I have the option to refund a bit of yen but not sure if I should

Xaeris
Seems scummy to take advantage of.

Aquanos
Well according to facts. Even if you request a refund you can't get banned because Sega already got paid. Google is paying from their end.

Would lose much player respect for you bro

Skyly
Dec 16, 2014, 08:42 PM
Seems scummy to take advantage of.

Would lose much player respect for you bro

Gimme a release date for PSO2 US or I'm pulling the trigger. Hahahaha

Squall179
Dec 16, 2014, 09:27 PM
You should be glad Sega Doesn't read this board....tsk tsk...

THis is the kind of disreputable activity that makes people lose respect for others....

LordKaiser
Dec 16, 2014, 10:03 PM
A fraud is a fraud no mater what party gets affected by it if Google or SEGA.

wefwq
Dec 16, 2014, 10:09 PM
This thread are one of so many example why SoJ too scared to let their game localized.
Also, i don't think they will hand refund at all, since you are not supposed to play the game...

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 16, 2014, 10:39 PM
I believe it's Google in general not so much just PSO2. It'll show every and anything you've purchased through Google Play. I've recieved the email as well.

I'd say its more of the honor system if anything.

Everything looks legit on my end. Still nice they show notice for those who are affected though.

landman
Dec 17, 2014, 04:25 AM
If people take profit of something that is literally stealing, then why would it surprise us if they dupe items or take profit of any other glitch?

NoiseHERO
Dec 17, 2014, 04:27 AM
ehn I know what I paid for (which is almost nothing at all.)

Shinamori
Dec 17, 2014, 04:29 AM
Only male voice I liked so far was Norio's and now Ono's. Too bad I rare play with my male character.