Dec 17, 2014, 01:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_l_v3GYraQ

IT Awesome XD

NoiseHERO
Dec 17, 2014, 01:45 PM
/slaps both of ya

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 17, 2014, 01:52 PM
While I love Amanda's covers, I don't think its as good a fit to place it over this. I actually really enjoy the normal opening music more.

RX-93
Dec 17, 2014, 01:56 PM
This Attack on Crap just gets more annoying every single day.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 17, 2014, 02:02 PM
AIDA reconfirmed entry level weeaboo trash

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 17, 2014, 02:04 PM
This Attack on Crap just gets more annoying every single day.

BUT IT'S SO EPIC BRAH! ANYONE WHO ISN'T ACTUALLY IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT CAN DIE! AND THE BASEMENT!!! BASEMEEEEENT! :000

Yeah.

#nuclearlaunchdetected

Jazneo
Dec 17, 2014, 02:14 PM
why you hate music sing in English?

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 17, 2014, 02:20 PM
why you hate music sing in English?

I actually really enjoy the cover, Amanda is one of my favorite YouTubers. Its just... is it really a good fit for the opening? Sure, the whole idea comparing Magatsu to Titans is there, but you gotta admit, the original music fits way better.

Renvalt
Dec 17, 2014, 02:21 PM
It's not the English we be hatin', brah. It's the fact that...

FOR. THE. UMPTEENTH. MOTHER. FUCKING. TIME. You have to use Shingeki songs. Seriously, that shit's getting as rampantly annoying and overused as the second Bleach OP (back when that was actually popular).

I mean, hell, can't anyone use something else OTHER than motherfucking Attack on Titan?

FireswordRus
Dec 17, 2014, 03:31 PM
thanks a lot

Shady3011
Dec 17, 2014, 04:03 PM

Pretend I put pot calling kettle black image of some sort here.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 17, 2014, 04:18 PM
We still love ya AIDA.

pkemr4
Dec 17, 2014, 04:19 PM
>english cover

Kiyumi
Dec 17, 2014, 04:50 PM
I feel like Im the only one who hasnt bought in to all this Attack on whatever hype. Still never watched it and dont plan to.

Anyway anything anime related + English dub is lol
Dubs = fail

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 17, 2014, 04:52 PM
I feel like Im the only one who hasnt bought in to all this Attack on whatever hype. Still never watched it and dont plan to.

Dubs = fail

Cowboy Bebop would like to have a word with you.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 17, 2014, 04:59 PM
I feel like Im the only one who hasnt bought in to all this Attack on whatever hype.

I can clear this up for you now and for any other future situation where you have even a split second thought of considering yourself the "only one" in regards to feelings on anything: You're not, and you never will be.

That said, bravo to you on dodging the time waste that is AoT.

strikerhunter
Dec 17, 2014, 06:57 PM
Original version of the song would had been better, dub version just doesn't fit.

You're not the only one.

Dubs = fail
That's your opinion. While I agree most dubbed animes are bad (looking at you 4kids for doing that), there are some okay ones.

Selphea
Dec 17, 2014, 07:03 PM
I dropped AoT after 2 or 3 eps. Did it evolve beyond the typical coming-of-age Chosen One™ child soldier plot?

sol_trigger
Dec 17, 2014, 08:51 PM
shitty music .

Asuka~
Dec 18, 2014, 07:44 AM
Original version of the song would had been better, dub version just doesn't fit.

You're not the only one.

That's your opinion. While I agree most dubbed animes are bad (looking at you 4kids for doing that), there are some okay ones.

I agree. Take Dragon Ball Z's dub and compare it to sub... _(: 3

NexusAZ
Dec 18, 2014, 07:46 AM

You're not the only one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K31Hj1Oz1g

Sayara
Dec 18, 2014, 09:11 AM
Ive reason to believe the actual version probably would be copyright flagged. Is probably why AIDA used a cover. That said, kek AoT.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 18, 2014, 09:54 AM
Delicious tears... :evil:

Karakuri Douze
Dec 18, 2014, 10:05 AM
ITT: Lots of people trying to be edgy, shallow hatred of things for stupid reasons, hipsters and trendwhores, etc.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 18, 2014, 01:25 PM
ITT edgy trash fans

Ordy
Dec 18, 2014, 02:34 PM
Shingeki no Kyojin was a great anime, not a masterpiece but great. People hating SnK so hard are like those twilight movies haters ... but for no valid reason OR what Karakuzi just said.

The animation, art and music are all outstanding when it comes to the anime standards and the concept was rather original for an action anime.
Damn, if SnK is bad ... how do you call a trash anime like Girlfriend Kari?

"Sie sind das essen und wir sind die jäger ~ ♪ " - Haters hatin', priceless ❤

Note: Listening to a dubbed OST gives me brain metastasis, please don't (. _.)

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 04:36 PM
>arguing over how objective your subjective opinions are

ISHYGDDT

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 05:01 PM
ITT: Lots of people trying to be edgy, shallow hatred of things for stupid reasons, hipsters and trendwhores, etc.

Bruh, Your name is Karakuri Douze

That's like Leon Tekashi tier bad.

Walkure
Dec 18, 2014, 05:17 PM
The only two thoughts I've really had on AoT:

That Attack on Rappy video was pretty funny
The collab should have had a Titan body paint/costume, that would have been hilarious

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 18, 2014, 05:19 PM
Booty hurtin

Butt pains

Here, you two can share.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51H9kGtk0uL._SY400_.jpg

Alnet
Dec 18, 2014, 05:34 PM
Am I the only person getting way more of a Gantz vibe from Magatsu and Shironia than Attack on Titan? Because from Episode 3 Day 1, all I could think of was Gantz.

... I am?

... well, ok. I guess I'll see myself out then.

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 05:36 PM
I don't think of AoT at all for magatsu.

Not sure what vibe I get. But his intro definitely reminds me of God Kefka.

BIG OLAF
Dec 18, 2014, 05:39 PM
Am I the only person getting way more of a Gantz vibe from Magatsu and Shironia than Attack on Titan? Because from Episode 3 Day 1, all I could think of was Gantz.

... I am?

... well, ok. I guess I'll see myself out then.

No, Gigawuts brought it up ages ago when Magatsu was first revealed.

Also, let's all stop with these AoT references. Could you be any more unoriginal and obvious with them? Holy fuck are you people dopes.

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 05:42 PM
On the other hand, to be fair Attack On Titan was prolly the best thing on TV for a year so, yall doods is hatin'.

Sacrificial
Dec 18, 2014, 05:44 PM
I love these forums for the comments.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 18, 2014, 05:46 PM
I don't think of AoT at all for magatsu.

Not sure what vibe I get. But his intro definitely reminds me of God Kefka.

That's a more appropriate resemblance than AoT. Purple, angelic descent from the sky only to rain down lasers of destruction (pity Magatsu doesn't have a white/gold rare variant to suit its initial impression...or a rare variant at all), being a god...yeah, Kefka's pretty good to bring up. Kind of a mix between Kefka and Barthandelus (faces everywhere that fire lasers for slicing stuff up just like Magatsu). Literally only thing Magatsu has going for an AoT comparison is that it and titans are both colossal. Calling it a kaiju and parodying Gozilla movies would be just as sensible but less stereotypically mainstream.

Not saying anything against AoT, just that Magatsu really only has a vaguely shallow resemblance to titans from that franchise, making every AoT reference connected to Magatsu come off as extremely forced.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 18, 2014, 05:53 PM
Attack On Titan was prolly the best thing on TV for a year so, yall doods is hatin'.
gokus not in it

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 05:56 PM
gokus not in it

trudat

Shady3011
Dec 18, 2014, 06:20 PM
gokus not in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeOpTPeAtk

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 18, 2014, 06:36 PM
sent aida a real anime on skype

hope is not lost

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 06:43 PM
sent aida a real anime on skype

hope is not lost

what dat is?

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 18, 2014, 06:45 PM
donkey kong

Walkure
Dec 18, 2014, 06:46 PM
What is a real anime?

As far as like watching in the past few years, I've watched like one season of Higurashi with a friend, and spent like two hours not knowing what the hell was going on in a Madoka Magicka 3 showing near campus.

Shady3011
Dec 18, 2014, 06:47 PM
donkey kong

That's a funny way of spelling JoJo.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 18, 2014, 06:47 PM
real anime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZ3wEeVqMQ)

Shady3011
Dec 18, 2014, 06:51 PM
real anime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZ3wEeVqMQ)

Wish I had that DK gif now.

Thanks, Google.

http://emotibot.net/pix/8079.gif

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 07:18 PM
What is a real anime?

As far as like watching in the past few years, I've watched like one season of Higurashi with a friend, and spent like two hours not knowing what the hell was going on in a Madoka Magicka 3 showing near campus.

did you watch the first 2 movies and/or the series?

HIT0SHI
Dec 18, 2014, 08:39 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e31/89d/8ec/resized/salty-meme-generator-my-fries-could-use-your-salt-3ce32c.jpg? TQ[/SPOILER-BOX]

All this saltiness in PSOW against AoT. lel

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 08:42 PM
It's not unreasonable to be a bit bothered by overhyped and overly referenced popular anime imo.

I get tushie touched at the mention of SAO lol.

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2014, 08:44 PM
Nope SAO is now a good anime because all the overrate has been washed over by the overhate.

Good job you guys <_> you biebered it AoT now has more money.

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 08:54 PM
i seriously fail to see how SAO is anything more than "meh". its a harem anime thinly veiled as an MMORPG with an OP main character with faux struggles and women fawning over his leet skills left and right. doesnt help that it also has incestuous undertones.

it takes all the bad aspects of .hack//legend and nothing good from the .hack franchise and ups the pandering.

Log Horizon trumps SAO by miles imo.

Kiyumi
Dec 18, 2014, 09:07 PM
I actually refuse to watch things that are overhyped because theres plenty of other good stuff out there thats probably better anyway. I saw the reviews for SAO, and it got crushed. Seriously some of these reviews are hilarious when they describe it as so bad.

Anyway recently curiosity got the best of me so I decided to watch it and omg, its literally the worst anime I have ever seen. Its SO predictable, and the main character is so overpowered there is no suspense at all. Oh look scary looking enemies? *yawn* Time for Kirito to charge forward while yelling excessively followed by a montage of still shots featuring Kirito swinging his sword and supposedly powerful enemies dying in 1 hit.

What really annoys me though is the deus ex machinas everywhere. Oh no, Kirito got stabbed and his HP reached 0! So what happens? Of course he is still alive somehow and kills the boss while he's "dead". Is there an explanation for this? Well, poor writing is the proper explanation, but in the show there is none. And no, I did not spoil anything because if you watched the show, its fairly obvious that Kirito will win at everything because is unstoppable for no reason at all, he just is.

And I havent even mentioned how every single girl he meets instantly falls in love with him, again for no reason at all other then hes strong or saves them or whatever.

Wow Im pretty good at this, didnt mean to turn it into a review but I got carried away. Im going to finish writing a proper review and post this on MAL hehehe

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 09:23 PM
Kiyumi knows what's up lmfao.

ALSO

16.5 OMG GIMME MY 16.5!!!!!!!

christ

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2014, 09:26 PM
The artstyle and animation was the only good thing about that anime.....
Its getting salty in here.

Walkure
Dec 18, 2014, 09:26 PM
did you watch the first 2 movies and/or the series?
Nope!

I mean some of the exposition bits helped but I spent most of the movie like
http://i.imgur.com/CXUyCiw.png

(it was a pretty good time)

Dan Maku
Dec 18, 2014, 09:34 PM
I've now decided: every time I jump into a Magatsu EQ, I'm putting on the AoT costume. >:3

Kiyumi
Dec 18, 2014, 10:10 PM
The artstyle was the only good thing about that anime.....
Its getting salty in here.

Yeah, the art for the backgrounds is the best part about SAO, other then the OP and ED for the second half.

The only reason Im going to continue and finish watching this thing is because 1) I already downloaded it and 2) the background art is really good. The characters sometimes have weird angled faces and the actual battle animation is weak with a lot of still shots and yelling. Also Im watching it for the comedy factor too. "How will they pretend to put Kirito/random girls in danger next, and what BS will he come up with to beat the enemy?"

[Edit] Oh and the terrible character overreactions. That Yui calls them "Mama" and "Papa" and everyone is crying all the time when they met for like 1 day. This is just an example, it happens all over the place.

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 10:38 PM
Nope!

I mean some of the exposition bits helped but I spent most of the movie like
http://i.imgur.com/CXUyCiw.png

(it was a pretty good time)

that's where you fucked up

exposition misses a lot. it's a reminder lmfao.

i recommend watching at least movie 1 and 2.

yoshiblue
Dec 18, 2014, 10:40 PM
#nuclearlaunchdetected

"Take us into orbit, Mr. Malmsteen. We've seen enough."

Gardios
Dec 18, 2014, 10:57 PM
What really annoys me though is the deus ex machinas everywhere. Oh no, Kirito got stabbed and his HP reached 0! So what happens? Of course he is still alive somehow and kills the boss while he's "dead". Is there an explanation for this? Well, poor writing is the proper explanation, but in the show there is none.

You don't instantly die when your HP reach 0, that's why the resurrection item works in the first place. It's explained in the novel but was kinda glossed over in the show, which... kinda happens with a lot of things.

SAO basically goes from great to mediocre to awful and back to great starting with Mother's Rosario.

NoiseHERO
Dec 19, 2014, 04:52 AM
Nope SAO is now a good anime because all the overrate has been washed over by the overhate.

Good job you guys <_> you biebered it AoT now has more money.

oops I was trollin' about AoT not SAO

Wrong shitty anime-

Noblewine
Dec 19, 2014, 08:06 PM
oops I was trollin' about AoT not SAO

Wrong shitty anime-

They both suck. End of story. /Close thread.

Keilyn
Dec 19, 2014, 10:17 PM
I tried to get into AoT and SAO and was turned off...

It's not the characters that are the problem, but the whole plot that annoys me. It seems like the saturation is so heavy (still) in Japan that just to be able to survive everyone rips off everyone else in some way to make money.

infiniteeverlasting
Dec 19, 2014, 10:35 PM
i seriously fail to see how SAO is anything more than "meh". its a harem anime thinly veiled as an MMORPG with an OP main character with faux struggles and women fawning over his leet skills left and right. doesnt help that it also has incestuous undertones.

it takes all the bad aspects of .hack//legend and nothing good from the .hack franchise and ups the pandering.

Log Horizon trumps SAO by miles imo.

YES SOMEONE SAID IT^

SAO is a stereotypical harem with a attempted legit plot overlayed on top. Absolute shit.

Now why dont we all start watching something good like Psycho Pass!

Ordy
Dec 19, 2014, 10:42 PM
Psycho Pass 2 is actually almost as bad as SAO. The movie better saves the anime, or maybe a S3 with a new production team working on the story.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 20, 2014, 12:49 AM
I tried to get into AoT and SAO and was turned off...

It's not the characters that are the problem, but the whole plot that annoys me. It seems like the saturation is so heavy (still) in Japan that just to be able to survive everyone rips off everyone else in some way to make money.

How is AoT a rip off of anything at all?

Now why dont we all start watching something good like Psycho Pass!

That's a funny way to spell Fate/Stay Night.

Stealthcmc1974
Dec 20, 2014, 01:03 AM
Psycho Pass 2 is actually almost as bad as SAO. The movie better saves the anime, or maybe a S3 with a new production team working on the story.

I highly doubt they'll make a S3 unless the movie ends up being very successful. S2 had a different team behind it than S1's. The S1 team was working on the movie, while the new group gave us the very disappointing S2.

Also, Log Horizon and the new Fate/Stay Night are definitely some anime people should watch for this season. Next season we have Tokyo Ghoul coming back, as well as Aldnoah Zero. Can't remember if there was anything else coming...

Kamijou Touma
Dec 20, 2014, 01:11 AM
LOL 100% agree with GHneko

Keilyn
Dec 20, 2014, 03:45 AM
How is AoT a rip off of anything at all?

AoT uses concepts I like, but whether I like them or not does not mean they are not a ripoff.

Concept 1) The Last-Refuge Scenario/Point of view.
Concept 2) The specialized, last-hope, elite group.

Humanity has been driven to near extinction. Its culture, state of being changed, and most of its history gone. Now they are back to self-preservation. Setting aside differences to have to have the goal of surviving, and finding a means to defeat their enemies. In AoT its basically a human civilization that is separated by different gates for their protection.

The story is told from the point of view of people within that refuge. Then there are specialized group of people trained to fight their enemy...having to treat each encounter as an "if we don't win, we are done" attitude with tactics being adjusted...etc.

So the question is, has that been done before? The answer is YES...and many times...

Lets start with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Tokyo-3 exists as a city that was created and designed to resist Angel Attacks. Nerv was created specifically to defeat the Angels, and the story is told from the point of view of that refuge. "That is why we exist" when questioned about how capable they are at battling the Angels.

Sure, we might have three Eva pilots, but it still counts as specialized training + an organization and the fact the viewer lies in wait hoping an Angel to appear to cut all the philosophical crap and have some action going...

Ok, how about an example where people set aside their differences and simply go all or nothing? ...and once again a type of place emerges and once again specialized groups of people have to win as an army against an enemy that can destroy humanity...

Lets talk about Dragon Age Origins.

When an Archdemon arises, the darkspawn gather up to rally around the Archdemon. This is what one calls a "Blight" as darkspawn have the ability to wound an opponent, causing them to become infected and be transformed (like a zombie) into one of them.

The only people capable of stopping them are a group of people who have been tainted and have a one in three chance of survival when becoming tainted to resist the darkspawn ability of being transformed into one of them when wounded. A group of people called Grey Wardens.

The Grey Wardens have treaties in place allowing for conscription of forces that are ancient. In fact, by the end of the game the different races are united together to fight against the archdemon. Of course not uniting together...means all the races become extinct.

Xenogears did this at the very end of the game as well. All the civilizations by the end are no more and what replaces all of them is a final human refuge where people can live and survive. In fact on the map I think its called "last refuge" (crashed shevat) and once again, a few select specialized people have to fight an enemy capable of causing the extinction of the human race. These are your characters capable of using "gears" and some of them powered by advanced Anima-Relics....

Another common theme is that there is always a character that has very high ability, even more than standard humans in an area. So in effect, Instrumentality comes into question.

Lord of the rings does this multiple times....where the last hope for Rohan is to survive in their refuge called Helms Deep...where all their differences are set aside as their extinction draws near....and once again only a few specialized group of people are able to save them. This happens also in Return of the King when its Mordor attacking Gondor, just to have All of humanity and the remaining elves fight directly a battle at the black gate....

Guild Wars 2 had the same idea too. Divinity's Reach was built as a refuge to keep humanity in. The Five Cities were protected from Zhaitan. Regardless the race you start out as....Your city gets breached somehow in political and enemy ties to a certain extent and the only people capable of fighting against Zhaitan's forces are a specialized group of people called Destiny's Edge, as well as the three factions. In fact, even the Guild Wars 2 video introducing the game prior to release pointed to the entire few fighting against the ultimate enemy of all the races....who for some reason mysteriously dies to one giant laser beam....in the most anti-climactic mmo battle of all time. :P

Attack on Titan is popular to the point in Anime Boston there was a group of 40 people who group cosplayed AoT. Of course its not surprising SEGA threw some AoT in PSO2 in the latest EQ to capitalize and cater to fans...I mean shit...didn't they put in the costumes to AoT a while back? So yea....SEGA, like every other company out there is out to make money. :) Simple as that. :P

It reminds me of a line in the show futurama where Fry said "Clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared."

So, companies always rehash the exact same plot lines in different genres, timelines, because they work...and they are safe.

In fact one of the few times being a bit different was in a Star Trek the Next Generation Episode, where in the Episode called "Yesterday's Enterprise" humanity was on the verge of extinction. A line I liked paraphrased was

"The war is going very badly for the federation. Our defeat is inevitable. It is estimated that in six months star fleet will have to surrender. One ship here won't make a different, but one ship back then could have stopped 20 years of war" ~Picard :P

(Interesting how the entire cast knew each other from actually going to the same theater acting school and training together.)

Well :) Happy Holidays Garuga, hopefully for your sake you won't live to your name and be alone. Not even of my worse enemy would I wish for loneliness around the holiday season.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 20, 2014, 01:44 PM
Of all the things you mentioned, only NGE and Xenogears are Japanese, and the latter is a game, not an anime. NGE is also ancient and does not compete in the current anime market, unless you think movies aired on theaters have any impact on standard produced anime shown on TV.

It seems like the saturation is so heavy (still) in Japan that just to be able to survive everyone rips off everyone else in some way to make money.

Please stick with things that actually influence the Japanese anime market please.

And please spare me the pathetic shots taken every time you reply to a post of mine. It's tiresome and immature.

infiniteeverlasting
Dec 20, 2014, 02:56 PM
That's a funny way to spell Fate/Stay Night.

you mean Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
the original is so bad it makes me cringe.

Ordy
Dec 20, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fate/stay Night is not bad, because you didn't like it doesn't make it bad. Had some flaws but it was a great anime overall.
Fate/Zero was amazing.
Fate/stay Night UBW is really good so far.
Fate/kaleid was average.

Just wondering ... why is this thread still here >_> we derailed OP's thread so hard. I feel like on mal's forums.

Kiyumi
Dec 20, 2014, 03:25 PM
Just wondering ... why is this thread still here >_> we derailed OP's thread so hard.

This is the necessary anime thread.

RadiantLegend
Dec 20, 2014, 03:38 PM
What are some of you flipping out for? Imagine the days when every amv had Linkin Park.

stop giving your negative energy to rock's spirit bomb

Rhedrimond
Dec 20, 2014, 04:30 PM
I don't understand all the hate, AoT was one of the best Gundam series I've seen in a long time.

It was totally cool when Eren got that awesome Gundam and could finally fight back against those pesky Zakus who breached the walls of the space colony. I don't see why everyone was so surprised when Tomino killed everyone off in the show, though I guess that ace pilot Sleggar dying was a pretty big shock.

...On topic, the lyrics actually didn't sound too bad for a fandub. Audio quality was a bit wonky, though.

GHNeko
Dec 20, 2014, 04:32 PM
This is the necessary anime thread.

There is no need for that because this whole forum is anime.

From the A-Grade humor of gigawuts to the sexual tention between infiniteeverlasting and Z-0; the harsh tongue of the resident tsundere, BIG OLAF to the sweet sweet whispers of Unlucky.

PSOWorld's PSO2 forum is literally the best anime I've had the pleasure of indulging in for the past several months.

The Suganuma Arc that's going on right now is proving to be the best arc so far.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 20, 2014, 08:23 PM
you mean Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
the original is so bad it makes me cringe.

Uh...yeah, that's what I was referring to. Why would I be talking about any other F/SN adaptation in a conversation about anime currently airing? The first anime adaptation is eight years old. The visual novel Unlimited Blade Works is being adapted from is named Fate/Stay Night. Just from context it should have been obvious what I meant.

Fate/stay Night is not bad, because you didn't like it doesn't make it bad. Had some flaws but it was a great anime overall.
Fate/Zero was amazing.
Fate/kaleid was average.

Haven't tried Kaleid, but that aside, basically how I feel. So far my opinion of UBW is higher than Zero, but I'll be a little disappointed if it cuts too much dialogue out of a certain fight.

Sacrificial
Dec 20, 2014, 08:37 PM
What are some of you flipping out for? Imagine the days when every amv had Linkin Park.

stop giving your negative energy to rock's spirit bomb

Let the body's hit the floor....let the body's hit the floor.. let the body's hit the.........

Freshellent
Dec 21, 2014, 12:31 AM
I don't like SAO.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 21, 2014, 12:56 AM

From the A-Grade humor of gigawuts to the sexual tention between infiniteeverlasting and Z-0; the harsh tongue of the resident tsundere, BIG OLAF to the sweet sweet whispers of Unlucky.

PSOWorld's PSO2 forum is literally the best anime I've had the pleasure of indulging in for the past several months.

The Suganuma Arc that's going on right now is proving to be the best arc so far.

You....you really are amazing.

HIT0SHI
Dec 21, 2014, 12:58 AM

I don't understand all the hate, AoT was one of the best Gundam series I've seen in a long time.

It was totally cool when Eren got that awesome Gundam and could finally fight back against those pesky Zakus who breached the walls of the space colony. I don't see why everyone was so surprised when Tomino killed everyone off in the show, though I guess that ace pilot Sleggar dying was a pretty big shock.

/thread :lol:

infiniteeverlasting
Dec 21, 2014, 11:09 AM
Fate/Zero was amazing.
Fate/kaleid was average.

Just wondering ... why is this thread still here >_> we derailed OP's thread so hard. I feel like on mal's forums.

you should watch Gigguk's youtube reviews and how he felt about fate/stay night... watch through the whole thing, he mentions the extreme flaws of fate stay night's existence in the series itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8I7a2RRrTE

SABER TURNED INTO A TSUNDERE AND STARTS BLUSHING! WTF????
I'm sorry, but seriously, fate stay night destroyed the awesome character saber was supposed to be back in fate zero.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 22, 2014, 01:48 PM
That review was disgustingly biased and ignorant about everything that wasn't Fate/Zero. Guy even shows clips of the UBW movie adaptation when talking about how his introduction to the series was the 2006 F/SN anime. The movie was released four years after the anime. Doesn't seem to be aware that there are multiple routes, and that the two adaptations are of two different routes.

The review itself was decent if all you're looking for is a description of Fate/Zero, but it was still pretty flawed. For one, it says that Fate/Zero was made by Ufotable. That's only half true. It was adapted by Ufotable from a series of illustrated novels. Gen Urobuchi (who proceeded to work on Puella Magi Madoka Magica because of this work) was the writer for those, though not in charge of the whole thing, of course. But he's still pretty much responsible for Fate/Zero. Not Ufotable. And treating the ending like an anticlimax? If he bothered to pay attention, he'd have realized that Kiritsugu was the main protagonist. He gives an excellent speech about how war is hell, and that's essentially his entire philosophy, summed up in three words. All of the heinous things he does is an effort to shatter any delusions of grandeur that the Holy Grail War could have. Why would it have an epic climax? That goes completely against what it's about. And Gilgamesh being naked wasn't random fanservice. His clothes quite literally melted off and he's too arrogant to clothe himself. Completely in character for him.

The talk about F/SN takes the cake, though. The guy is completely ignorant about the VNs, dismissing them as simple hentai, when the anime they're adapted from cuts out majorly on the characters. There's three different routes, but the guy treats it as though there's only one. That's not how it works. At all.

you should watch Gigguk's youtube reviews and how he felt about fate/stay night... watch through the whole thing, he mentions the extreme flaws of fate stay night's existence in the series itself.

SABER TURNED INTO A TSUNDERE AND STARTS BLUSHING! WTF????
I'm sorry, but seriously, fate stay night destroyed the awesome character saber was supposed to be back in fate zero.

Citing the opinion of someone ignorant of the franchise does not prove anything negative about F/SN. You're watching the 2014 anime, right? That's adapting from the same VN that the 2006 anime was adapted from, just a different part of it. The same VN you're bashing right now. Please stop. You don't know anything about F/SN. Neither did the reviewer you brought up.

infiniteeverlasting
Dec 23, 2014, 07:06 PM
Doesn't seem to be aware that there are multiple routes, and that the two adaptations are of two different routes.

Unfortunately I don't spend time playing hentai games.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 23, 2014, 07:10 PM
But pso2 is a hentai game

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2014, 08:35 PM

/thrad

LonelyGaruga
Dec 23, 2014, 09:15 PM

I wasn't talking about you, but the reviewer. You're 15, right? Of course you wouldn't be playing hentai games, you aren't old enough to.

There are releases of F/SN with the eroge scenes removed, FYI.

Sayara
Dec 23, 2014, 09:33 PM
Shouldnt alot of those VNs have a eroge off option as well from the getgo? unless its ... specifically just a hentai VN then maybe not.

#psow anime, what would that make me ? the Yanitor?

GHNeko
Dec 24, 2014, 01:46 AM

This is a pretty silly statement to make. Not all VNs are eroge.

Noblewine
Dec 24, 2014, 06:22 PM

^ Quoted for truth.

n_n
Dec 24, 2014, 06:34 PM
Good, you should focus on school instead.

Mattykins
Dec 24, 2014, 08:48 PM
It really does remind me more of NGE than anything else. I mean, it's a giant, eldritch monster who singlemindedly shambles towards a single target while firing lasers and shiny bullets at everything that try to stop it. They just need to let us fight it with AIS and it'll be a perfect resemblance. :V

SuperCentipede
Dec 31, 2014, 10:16 PM
Video needs more Megumi Hayashibara!