PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Is Verizon still blocking pso2 connections?

Kamijou Touma
Dec 17, 2014, 08:58 PM
last time i tried to play using my phone's internet (verizon) i couldnt my skype pso2 group for my team says verizon screwed us again is this true / was this true?

Kiyumi
Dec 17, 2014, 09:02 PM
Again we have another American who either A) doesnt know history and is using the term "Jap" thinking it is an appropriate abbreviation or B) knows he is using an extremely offensive term and simply doesnt care.

Z-0
Dec 17, 2014, 09:32 PM
If you're going to get offended over something someone says which is clearly not meant to be offensive, maybe you should get off the internet and stop trying to censor peoples' speech.

My god, this "social justice" bullshit needs to stop. People getting offended over what's known as micro-aggressions are the biggest babies ever.

un1t27
Dec 17, 2014, 09:48 PM
Verizon is still blocked yes.

Sayara
Dec 17, 2014, 09:49 PM
The general key i use to figuring if im blocked or not is to try and connect to pso2jp the website.

If I can enter-> It will connect to pso2
If not->then you'll need a resource to overpass Verizon

Kiyumi
Dec 17, 2014, 09:58 PM
If you're going to get offended over something someone says which is clearly not meant to be offensive, maybe you should get off the internet and stop trying to censor peoples' speech.

My god, this "social justice" bullshit needs to stop. People getting offended over what's known as micro-aggressions are the biggest babies ever.

Oh my god the irony

TaigaUC
Dec 17, 2014, 10:41 PM
To be accurate, Verizon isn't really "blocking PSO2".
They probably switched to a route that can't reach the server.

Oh my god the irony

A lot of people simply don't know that it's an offensive term.
I mean, it's the logical abbreviation. It only became offensive because assholes used it in a negative way.

When I see people say it without realizing it's offensive, I just let them know it might offend someone, instead of telling them off.
There shouldn't be anything wrong with using such terms, if there's no intention to offend.
If it really upsets someone unintentionally, simple apologies should be accepted and people should move on.
The problem is when people make a big deal out of it as if to justify some sort of war against perceived oppression, which is probably what Z-0 was thinking of.

doomdragon83
Dec 17, 2014, 11:07 PM
The general key i use to figuring if im blocked or not is to try and connect to pso2jp the website.

If I can enter-> It will connect to pso2
If not->then you'll need a resource to overpass Verizon
This. You can also type in tracert pso2.jp into Command Prompt and see if it resolves.

Alukard
Dec 17, 2014, 11:52 PM

Look who's talking

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 18, 2014, 12:10 AM
Again we have another American who either A) doesnt know history and is using the term "Jap" thinking it is an appropriate abbreviation or B) knows he is using an extremely offensive term and simply doesnt care.

So much weabooness in this.

Zorua
Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 AM
So much weabooness in this.

That's not being a weeb... That's trying to be politically correct.

TsukasaHiiragi
Dec 18, 2014, 02:14 AM
During the whole DDoS incident, my verizon DSL service always had access but my comcast service didn't up until about 6 weeks or so ago when I forgot to swop my router cable and connected via comcast and I was surprised that the routing issue was at least fixed (for now) But I'm surprised that verizon now has those problems.

Squall179
Dec 18, 2014, 03:02 AM
That's not being a weeb... That's trying to be politically correct.

I'm in agreement with ya there Zorua....

Kamijou Touma
Dec 18, 2014, 03:52 AM
o.o i had no idea that "jap" could be taken offensively
so i apologize for that

also thanks for the clarification

i decided to run the pso2proxy on my server and it works

Asuka~
Dec 18, 2014, 04:03 AM
o.o i had no idea that "jap" could be taken offensively
so i apologize for that

also thanks for the clarification

i decided to run the pso2proxy on my server and it works

It's fine. You didn't know about it and no bad intention whilst saying it (by the looks of it anyway). Hurray for the Proxy, I guess?

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 06:57 AM
Best part about this thread is how many posts it took before his question was answered.

lmfao you guys

SakoHaruo
Dec 18, 2014, 01:22 PM
Aren't you guys adults with jobs? I mean everyone claims to not be a 14 yr old faggot.

Get Amazon Web Service. It's free for a year.

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 04:42 PM
Aren't you guys adults with jobs? I mean everyone claims to not be a 14 yr old faggot.

Get Amazon Web Service. It's free for a year.

Seriously. Even if you dont have a job now, just get a job within the year or just cancel your service lol.

Kamijou Touma
Dec 19, 2014, 08:15 PM
LOL i have my own server which i use for my proxy >.> thx aida for the github of pso2proxy ^^

Chik'Tikka
Dec 21, 2014, 12:41 AM
So I was playing Binary Domain today...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://aida.moe/puush/B03r.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Stay classy, SEGA. (The game was even made by the JP Yakuza team.)

Never heard of that game so I Googled it.... Sold very well in Japan but practically failed in America... It looks like a decent game too... I wonder why I never saw any commercials for it or ads on FB about it considering my taste for shooters back in 2011...

I mean... Sega is so well known for it's ultra successful marketing strategies+^_^+

Anon_Fire
Dec 21, 2014, 10:39 AM
Never heard of that game so I Googled it.... Sold very well in Japan but practically failed in America... It looks like a decent game too... I wonder why I never saw any commercials for it or ads on FB about it considering my taste for shooters back in 2011...

I mean... Sega is so well known for it's ultra successful marketing strategies+^_^+

Which isn't SEGA of America's strong suit.

the_importer_
Dec 21, 2014, 11:03 AM
I personally use JPN as an abbreviation. That being said, typing Japan is only 2 letters longer, so I don't know why I bother :p