PDA

View Full Version : Is the game crashing for you guys, too?

Achelousaurus
Dec 18, 2014, 02:33 PM
I had maybe 3 crashes since I started playing in April.

But after the last patch the game crashes frequently (right now the instant I started it).

I also cannot preview the window anymore in windows 7 when alt tabbing and when I alt tab away from the game, another alt doesn't get me back to the game window but I have to cycle through or select with mouse.

Looks to me like Sega introduced a bug that makes the Windows lose the handle of on the game window or some shit.

Poyonche
Dec 18, 2014, 02:40 PM
It just crashes when I try to open PSO2 alert while playing.

Edit : No problem with alt tabbing.

Sizustar
Dec 18, 2014, 02:56 PM
No problem for me.

SakoHaruo
Dec 18, 2014, 03:10 PM
I went to my room for crafting and spotted four females naked in my bathhouse. Didn't even get to greet them or lock the door. x:

Walkure
Dec 18, 2014, 03:15 PM
Sounds like something that I ran into all the time on Fullscreen mode. Are you playing windowed (or virtual fullscreen) or are you going for fullscreen?

STNFCST
Dec 18, 2014, 03:48 PM
Not crashing but almost lagging as lobby most function not working and no character texture loads. Perhaps I pull too much toll on Force killing power during PSE burst. ^^;

Squall179
Dec 18, 2014, 03:54 PM
Sounds like something that I ran into all the time on Fullscreen mode. Are you playing windowed (or virtual fullscreen) or are you going for fullscreen?

Yeah I would venture to guess you have a point on this if memory leaks are what you're suspecting there, Walkure, this sounds a bit like it...

So yeah OP, what are you running it in?

Walkure
Dec 18, 2014, 04:37 PM
I'm bet on Fullscreen mode having some kind of pointer arithmetic issues, since parts of the UI will glitch out (for instance, quantity indicator on item icons will stretch to fill up the whole item icon) and the game will crash in the same way that a segfault (memory access violation) would; instant popup of "App.exe has stopped responding" before Windows immediately closes it down when you close that popup.

Also this bit:

I also cannot preview the window anymore in windows 7 when alt tabbing and when I alt tab away from the game
Really makes me think you set it to fullscreen. Basically fullscreen mode gives complete screen output to the application while it's active and on-screen. It then loses all of that control once you alt+tab out of the window. Hence most games when you try to preview them will either give a blackscreen or a small screenshot of what was last displayed to the screen when they were minimized on fullscreen mode.

A lot of games aren't stable from alt+tab on fullscreen, which sucks because running on fullscreen with matching resolution is usually a huge performance gain and minimizes resource usage when you don't have the game active. The downside is usually just 2-3 seconds between tabbing in and out.

It'd honestly be well worth the longer tab time for like 30-40 more FPS (which is what I got from fullscreen) and it'd be easier on my computer to have it minimized on fullscreen mode than having it run fulltime in the background on virtual fullscreen. But the on-start crashing and alt-tab make it too much of a hassle to play in actual fullscreen.

C'est la vie

Achelousaurus
Dec 18, 2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah.
I have been using fullscreen with alt tabs sometimes several times a minute (I tend to do that a lot) since April and I never had a problem.

It's windows 7 and maybe it was just a screenshot in the preview but it wasn't just black like it is now.

Really makes me think there is a window handle bug sega just introduced, I hope they can fix it today.

TBH I have no idea how adding Magatsu and some new gear and scratch relates to window handles. Just wtf is Sega doing?

GHNeko
Dec 18, 2014, 04:47 PM
@Walkure & @Megidolaon: I managed to get Steam Overlay working with PSO2 recently. No special tweaks or changes outside of giving Steam and PSO2 admin privileges. I wasn't able to do it before at all so maybe they changed stuff and it works now.

Give it a shot?

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/dv2jq/dc9cbab7b1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sizustar
Dec 18, 2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah.
I have been using fullscreen with alt tabs sometimes several times a minute (I tend to do that a lot) since April and I never had a problem.

It's windows 7 and maybe it was just a screenshot in the preview but it wasn't just black like it is now.

Really makes me think there is a window handle bug sega just introduced, I hope they can fix it today.

TBH I have no idea how adding Magatsu and some new gear and scratch relates to window handles. Just wtf is Sega doing?

Use virtual fullscreen if you plan to alt-tab around alot.
Normal full screen will always crash when you alt-tab between different window alot.

otakun
Dec 18, 2014, 07:20 PM
I usually crash to desktop once a day while playing, sometimes twice at complete random as far as I can tell. As far as alt+tab I have so far had two issues, one was my character would run diagonally right after alt+tab while pressing 1 to use up my monomates if I was low on health but then it stopped but now recently it tilts the camera upward completely when I do it which can be easily fixed by hitting z.

TaigaUC
Dec 18, 2014, 08:48 PM
I had some weird issues after initial patching, so I tried patching again and turns out it wasn't finished even though it said it was.

You've probably done it already, but try running file check to make sure the patch downloaded properly.

Kiyumi
Dec 18, 2014, 09:13 PM
How do you guys even use full screen?

Sizustar
Dec 18, 2014, 09:20 PM
How do you guys even use full screen?

Change the option in the launcher.

There are 3 option
windowed
Full screen < Only way to record with Nvidia Shadowplay, but don''t like alt+tab_
Virtual Full screen<Looks and feel like Full screen, but don't mind alt+tab_

Ashes Darkmare
Dec 18, 2014, 09:21 PM
No problems on my end and I use virtual full screen

wefwq
Dec 18, 2014, 09:48 PM
SEGA fullscreen mode are full of shit, just stick to virtual fullscreen for no random crash.

Also in case you guys still have benchmark v2, try using fullscreen and run test, then ALT Tab it'll sky rocket the score...

Kiyumi
Dec 18, 2014, 10:12 PM
Change the option in the launcher.

There are 3 option
windowed
Full screen < Only way to record with Nvidia Shadowplay, but don''t like alt+tab_
Virtual Full screen<Looks and feel like Full screen, but don't mind alt+tab_

Ah the JP launcher. Okay thank you.

I alt+tab a lot for Cirnopedia so virtual full screen sounds good.

sol_trigger
Dec 19, 2014, 03:28 AM
i got pso2.exe crashed when go to campship.... WHAT DO I DO

Achelousaurus
Dec 19, 2014, 08:07 AM
What confuses me is that I have been doing this for well over half a year without any porblem and now all the sudden it crashes so often.
Sega must have changed something with that last update but I have no idea what or why, I can only hope they reverted with yesterday's update.

subtledemise
Dec 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
Mine crashes after the intros.