PDA

View Full Version : How to use Jet Boots Gear ?

Senjo
Dec 22, 2014, 11:32 AM
Greetings, i was watching videos and saw a dude hit for really high using the gear "bar" attack, i've no idea how he does it tho.. does anyone know ? :v

Thank you !

Anduril
Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 AM
Can you provide a link to the video?

Either way, the Jet Boot Gear gauge attack is Elemental Burst; it's the neutral Shift move when you have your gear built up via a Tech.

Senjo
Dec 22, 2014, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvilOC_8tyA

around 0:51~

Anduril
Dec 22, 2014, 11:42 AM
Ah. It's the new Jet Boot PA. Haven't personally used it, but it seems it charges up from the gauge to unleash a powerful kick.

Senjo
Dec 22, 2014, 11:44 AM
ah i see.. well thanks xD i was wondering. cuz my gear just sits there full all the time.. :v and after looking at that i was wondering if i was missing something. ! thanks again :)

Cadfael
Dec 22, 2014, 11:48 AM
It's similar to katana skills. When you use it, there will be a visual and sound indicator, and when you hear/see that, you hit shift and it will do a kick attack using your JB gear.

Sayara
Dec 22, 2014, 11:56 AM
Gear gives you boosted element damage as you cast charged spells of an element.
Charge Foie-> Fire element boots. Your kicks will now have a spread of fire around you.

If you hit shift you explode all of your gear into a burst (if you have that skill) or a shift dodge kick attack thing.

That PA the guy uses burns all of your gear to do a huge elemental explosion AOE on you of the element.

All those reset your element as well. So since i use bio boot 50%wind it'll reset to wind

Rien
Dec 22, 2014, 12:10 PM
Greetings, i was watching videos and saw a dude hit for really high using the gear "bar" attack, i've no idea how he does it tho.. does anyone know ? :v

Thank you !

It's the newest Jet Boots PA, with a name I'll never bother to type out. You can get level 1 of it at the Photon Sphere exchange (for Photon Crystals, aka 10 Photon Drops). Further leveled disks are either from the player shops (unlikely), or from Ultimate Quests (which you have to be level 70 at least to participate in iirc).

When you use it, you will stand in a floating, charging pose as a JA-like circle zeros in onto your character with a loud "ding!". From here you can either:

Do nothing (it will release an area of effect explosion that depending on your gear gauge has a higher chance to deal the status effect corresponding to your current gear elemental charge e.g Mirage for Wind charge)

Or press shift (you will release a point-blank kick that deals increasing damage based on your current gear level e.g level 3 gauge gives ~4x power)

Achelousaurus
Aug 4, 2015, 03:05 PM
Speaking of Vinto, word was it's not very good, but iirc after the element bug got fixed it's good now?

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2015, 03:18 PM
Speaking of Vinto, word was it's not very good, but iirc after the element bug got fixed it's good now?
Yes it got fixed, but this is a really weird thread to ask...

Poyonche
Aug 4, 2015, 03:22 PM
http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/auto/r/786x0/b/f//bf435_ORIG-return_to_the_future_thread_necromancy.jpg