PDA

View Full Version : New Dengeki PS and Famitsu Scans. ULT drop list, and Arks United Front 2015

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2014, 02:17 PM
As always, scans are 2560x1440, 2 pages per image, and roughly 4MB each.

Famitsu Scan; Arks United Front 2015

http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/FamiDec2-1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki Playstation Scans; Ultimate quest primer

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DengekiJan1.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DengekiJan2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Quick notes:

-Tamahime mag device will be a recycle shop item. Most likely at the usual rate of 20 AC items.

-All the Dio weapons found in Ultimate are considered area drops. As such, [S]Rare drop boosters and class do not affect what and how often they drop rare drop boosters do affect the drop rate, but you can't ever get more than 1 per enemy. Class modifier still has no affect on area drops. (confirmation from Suganuma himself)

-All weaknesses (including specific effects like knockdown when point is attacked), resists, and drops are listed for each enemy.

-Interesting to note but not surprisingly, Anga Fandarge by default takes 110% strike damage, and 85% shot and technic damage. Of course this changes a little when it adapts to new resistances.

-When asked why Ultimate has no variant for the Banther type enemies, and when they would show up, Suganuma only tells us to "Please look forward to it".

Edit: Corrected the statement from Suganuma about area drop checks. (Thanks to Aine for pointing it out)

Rien
Dec 26, 2014, 02:41 PM
So that Anga shield was actually a damage reflect?

THAT explains why I've seen so many people's hp drop vs Anga despite not being attacked.

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2014, 02:55 PM
As long as you are in front of that barrier, anyone who hits it will reflect up to 120 damage to you and everyone else in range. No effect if you are behind Anga, and reflect damage cannot kill you, only leave you down to 1 HP.

Also for those that haven't realized it already, Anga's blinding flash attack that stuns you, can also be guarded and countered against. The Weak bullet laser that follows it can be countered too, but not guarded.

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2014, 03:03 PM
Wait, the trash mobs in Ultimate can drop 12*s? Or is this a future update?

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2014, 03:37 PM
Some of the "trash" mobs already drop 12* items. Nobody realizes it because the sub-bosses have them too.

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2014, 03:39 PM
Well you'd think all the people that Anga farm nowadays would have reported that. I haven't really read any reports on that. Up until this magazine came up the JP Wiki lists that only the bosses dropped them. My only guess is that the rates on the 12*s from trash mobs are super abysmal.

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2014, 03:44 PM
Ultimate is so chaotic that you can never really tell who dropped what in there, and naturally it'd be understandable that nobody reported this because everyone would think that these came from the bosses, not from everything else as well. Pair it with the fact that everyone's running around with Braolets, so nobody can even tell whether the 12* they just got came from a boss or a mook.

Sacrificial
Dec 26, 2014, 03:54 PM
Next time I'll be:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/e0/d8/Hasbro_Medabots_Samurai_Battling_Robot_Action_Figu re_Toys1-resized200.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Macman
Dec 26, 2014, 04:48 PM
It's probably not even worth noting that 12* can drop (excelpt Salsu Punisher why the fuck sega?) from trash mobs as it's probably akin to a 0.00001% droprate

ZER0 DX
Dec 26, 2014, 05:07 PM
Wait, area drops aren't affected by boost items? That just made my hunt for Hyakka Ryouran an even bigger nightmare than I thought.

Good to know I've been wasting boosts on that Volcano EM for no reason then.

RadiantLegend
Dec 26, 2014, 05:19 PM
Wait, area drops aren't affected by boost items? That just made my hunt for Hyakka Ryouran an even bigger nightmare than I thought.

Good to know I've been wasting boosts on that Volcano EM for no reason then.
And boosting Xmas eq for lightning Espada.

Shinamori
Dec 26, 2014, 05:54 PM
Well, there's like no reason to run XH caves unless leveling.

Mysterious-G
Dec 26, 2014, 06:05 PM
I am interpreting that sentence differently from you guys.

All Dio weapons have the same drop rate, which means that even if you use a booster, all of them will still have the same relative chance of dropping among each other.
I think he simply means that you cannot force one of them to drop more often than another.

If so, XHs and UQs both profit from using a drop ticket. It's just the latter where you cannot control your hunt as the Dio items all have the same relative chance of dropping among all enemies, no matter what you do.
That's my take on it anyway.

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2014, 06:29 PM
The way it was described explains a few things very specifically.

To summarize what was said:

1. An area drop will be something that drops from every monster on the map regardless of what it is. In ULT's case, every Dio weapon can be found from every monster.

2. Even under the effect of a Rare Drop Booster, for a Dio weapon or any other area drop, it performs that drop check only once. Unique drops will have whatever Drop Rate bonuses you have applied to it's checks. Class drop modifiers and bonuses do not apply here. Got a FO that seems to be finding too many HU drops? It's due to pure RNG. But based on this, I honestly have no idea how drop checks handle any boost rate that's not exactly divisible by 100%. (Inb4 anyone says you can receive half of a rare)

3. His reasoning was for Area drops was that he wanted areas and items that could be played and hunted for by every class regardless. Though in the case of ULT, that generally amounts to cube fodder for us.

I would argue that items like Hyakka Ryouran may not be too bad to find as most people are making it out to be, simply because it can potentially drop from everything in the EM, as opposed to looking for one specific monster, that then has a small chance of dropping it.

HaxMega
Dec 26, 2014, 06:30 PM
I am interpreting that sentence differently from you guys.

All Dio weapons have the same drop rate, which means that even if you use a booster, all of them will still have the same relative chance of dropping among each other.
I think he simply means that you cannot force one of them to drop more often than another.

If so, XHs and UQs both profit from using a drop ticket. It's just the latter where you cannot control your hunt as the Dio items all have the same relative chance of dropping among all enemies, no matter what you do.
That's my take on it anyway.

I'm pretty sure it does mean the drop boosters don't work on area drops period. I've spent 100+ hours hunting Anga and have noticed no difference on dio drops between when I have 250%s on, or no boost active at all. 11*s I've noticed do drop more with boosters active. I can't comment on 12* mob drops because I've only ever seen two.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 26, 2014, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure it does mean the drop boosters don't work on area drops period.

Boosters don't work on TD exclusive 11* too (PP cost reduction, JA Combo latent ones). But that makes me wondering if it's the same for exclusive drops from Elder/Loser/Magatsu. I'm kinda thinking that's the case too, cause of the drop amount of those in quest record. Then that would mean i can save my boosters i intended to use on Loser for Niren Orochi, to get some 13*s. Sounds almost like a contradictory game design tbh but who knows...

pkemr4
Dec 26, 2014, 07:50 PM
that sounds pretty fucked up for boosters to not work on TD exclusive stuff

Cyber Meteor
Dec 26, 2014, 07:53 PM
I've updated my post when you were posting yours, but when you look at nb of 11* TD exclusives compared to 11* elder's and co in that TD quest, the amount is really close to 250/300% less than them besides they can drop in Normal.

HaxMega
Dec 26, 2014, 08:30 PM
Boosters don't work on TD exclusive 11* too (PP cost reduction, JA Combo latent ones). But that makes me wondering if it's the same for exclusive drops from Elder/Loser/Magatsu. I'm kinda thinking that's the case too, cause of the drop amount of those in quest record. Then that would mean i can save my boosters i intended to use on Loser for Niren Orochi, to get some 13*s. Sounds almost like a contradictory game design tbh but who knows...

The reason the drop amount is so low on Falz/Magatsu are because those weapons can drop in a box. TD exclusive 11* weapons can never be found untekked, even with a Vraolet. Quest records in general just got way more unreliable with the addition of the Zeig orders that make everything drop untekked.

Rakurai
Dec 26, 2014, 09:05 PM
Having confirmation that breaking Anga's bits doesn't improve 13* rates any is nice.

I hope those Harukotan themed outfits will be recolorable. Also hopping for a black recolor of the female fleshy outfit.

yoshiblue
Dec 26, 2014, 09:14 PM
Had to be done.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/42W9vDF.png[/spoiler-box]

Walkure
Dec 26, 2014, 10:19 PM
As long as you are in front of that barrier, anyone who hits it will reflect up to 120 damage to you and everyone else in range. No effect if you are behind Anga, and reflect damage cannot kill you, only leave you down to 1 HP.

Also for those that haven't realized it already, Anga's blinding flash attack that stuns you, can also be guarded and countered against. The Weak bullet laser that follows it can be countered too, but not guarded.Gah, that explains why I take damage unexpectedly while repositioning near that field but it's so stupid to take fuckloads of damage because of other people making simple mistakes.

Rakurai
Dec 26, 2014, 10:55 PM
I never seem to take damage unless I'm the one actually hitting the barrier.

I do, however, take damage if Zanverse is up and other players are hitting the barrier.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 27, 2014, 05:49 AM
Had to be done.

Good shit sir.

The hopefully-fleshie-only outfit actually looks pretty good. Nice twist on it rather than something copy-pastad from a traditional japanese wardrobe.

I do hope that eye-cover hairstyle works for me. Looks more 'wild' than 'styled'.

Zorak000
Dec 27, 2014, 10:02 AM
-When asked why Ultimate has no variant for the Banther type enemies, and when they would show up, Suganuma only tells us to "Please look forward to it".
aw that's cute, it's like they can't officially say it even though we all already know; well, at least anyone who visits the main English patch's forum

ulti lilipa is more than likely next, with mechabanthers in tow

Achelousaurus
Dec 27, 2014, 10:20 AM

Also for those that haven't realized it already, Anga's blinding flash attack that stuns you, can also be guarded and countered against. The Weak bullet laser that follows it can be countered too, but not guarded.
Also, if you shake it off quickly enough you can dodge/counter the WB effect even if you get hit.

>Area drops not affect by boosters.
Wow.
Sega has reached a new low.
In general this is the most retarded idea ever and I realized I wasted unbelievable amounts of boosters in the XH eqs (probably like most people).

Had to be done.

XD

PS: I haven't seen this ass backwards crap retard programming since SAP Business One.
Sega are a bunch of idiots that can't tell a comma from a semicolon.

Xaelouse
Dec 27, 2014, 10:46 AM
I dont know...I use boosters + timed abilities for christmas EQ and most of the time I leave out with one of the three different kinds of 12*s that drop there (4 swords, 2 dagger, 5 gunslashes).
Even if they dont work, the surplus of cubes is nice.

Rien
Dec 27, 2014, 12:19 PM
I dont know...I use boosters + timed abilities for christmas EQ and most of the time I leave out with one of the three different kinds of 12*s that drop there (4 swords, 2 dagger, 5 gunslashes).
Even if they dont work, the surplus of cubes is nice.

I don't even have 1 12*

Aine
Dec 27, 2014, 02:24 PM
That's a mistranslation, it says the opposite (rare drop boosters do increase the drop rates of area drops).

Rakurai
Dec 27, 2014, 05:04 PM
aw that's cute, it's like they can't officially say it even though we all already know; well, at least anyone who visits the main English patch's forum

ulti lilipa is more than likely next, with mechabanthers in tow

They have mecha banthers in Nova already.

Seems like a given that they'll be reusing them for Lilipa UQ in PSO2.

Achelousaurus
Dec 27, 2014, 05:40 PM
That's a mistranslation, it says the opposite (rare drop boosters do increase the drop rates of area drops).
They do?

I'd preferably not sift through all the the text on the images, could someone please post only the part where they talk about this?

Lyrise
Dec 28, 2014, 10:50 AM

Thanks for pointing this out - I messed up (I did this translation at 2AM into Notepad, passed out, and next day just posted everything without rechecking). That said, my apologies for riling a few people up - I went over the section again, and realized the mistake I made (the multiple checks thing - it actually says it won't check for multiple area drops); first post has been edited to reflect this.

So the real deal is that rare boost does affect area drops. But Area drops are considered an item of its own, so for each enemy, it's true it can drop anything from the appropriate area list. But what can't happen is one enemy spitting out multiple area drops (this is where I messed up).

They do?

I'd preferably not sift through all the the text on the images, could someone please post only the part where they talk about this?

It's in the Dengeki scan first page. The very first section is the interview with Suganuma, and he is asked right at the beginning how 10* items in ULT are treated to which Suganuma goes into classifying then as area drops, and how area drops actually work.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 28, 2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks for clarifying that ^^, now i'm sure i was hunting XH weapons the right way

Zorak000
Dec 31, 2014, 07:37 AM
They have mecha banthers in Nova already.

Seems like a given that they'll be reusing them for Lilipa UQ in PSO2.

those just look like the "augmented" versions of enemies that nova has; I'm thinking we are getting something more akin to how the quarry mecha-wolves are actual robots

Bellion
Dec 31, 2014, 01:20 PM
All that happened for the yedi types in Ultimate was that they absorbed all the urine in the snow before it disappeared and now they are ultimate beings!

At least every other enemy type has some different physical features other than their color.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 01:32 PM
From what I recall, Nova wasn't that big a hit sales wise.

I got this gamble wrong during EP2-5 (they blew apart everyone's expectations, honestly), but I'm going to go against common sense, bet on black a second time, and say they'll recycle Mecha-Banther models from Nova.

I mean, Ult-Nab enemy variants don't look ALL that different from their regular counterparts from what I've seen (apart from Ange, which reminds me of Elder somewhat, and Diaboi, which looks like a bigass Aginis using Vol Dragon model bones).

Actually, Nova sold pretty well, it's just that the first sales week report only recorded a couple days' worth of sales so it looked bad.

Internally, Diabo is named the same as Vol Dragon, just with Ultimate slapped on it. But Diabo, next to Anga (which is the only Ultimate enemy without a non-Ultimate counterpart), is the most unique Ultimate enemy, having virtually nothing in common with Vol Dragon beyond fire attacks (that are nothing like Vol's) and basic body build. We can expect the exact same treatment for mecha Banther and Banshee. Particularly since their internal names are actually slightly different (one specifies having a blade, another specifies having a gun), so they're actually going to be different from each other instead of Banther being Banshee+.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 04:59 PM
I don't understand your point about the gun/shield/blade + rocket wolves in Quarry. Internally, they're referred to as wolves, and Ban pair are referred to as panthers. The datamined Ultimate enemies are referred to as panthers, which means they're Ban pair.

PS Nova still sold well, don't see what you're talking about bringing up stuff like that.