PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours just to remake?

LovelyCorinn
Dec 27, 2014, 01:17 PM
Decided to make a new char because my main didnt come out like i wanted it to, so i store all my stuff and delete the char to remake it and when i go to the slot the char is still there, so i ask a friend and they tell me its 24 hours now? really? i gotta wait 24 hours just to remake my char? geez now i see why some people are leaving that i know lol too many stupid things sega doing.

BIG OLAF
Dec 27, 2014, 01:26 PM
NOPE, NOT KIDDING!

GreenArcher
Dec 27, 2014, 01:32 PM
Woe is you :roll:

It is a precaution/recovery tool for accidental character deletion. Damn SEGAC taking Christmas away from Jesus! Everything they do is wrong!

KASKADE
Dec 27, 2014, 01:39 PM
^

I don't see how this is stupid, nor do I see why so many people complain about a free to play game that isn't even meant for the non JP crowd.

LovelyCorinn
Dec 27, 2014, 01:41 PM
Yes i can understand the safety against accidental deletion, but what about us who actually want to delete? seems they need to make some changes like add a warning and give the choice to delete right away, it would be better for those trying to give they char a certain look, cant perfect a char with 24 hour gaps between creations ><

GreenArcher
Dec 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
You could use the character creator client..

LovelyCorinn
Dec 27, 2014, 02:19 PM
I wonder if this happens if you buy a slot with AC, would you happen to know green?

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2014, 02:28 PM
24 hours is excessive. The only reason you would need that much time is if your account was hijacked and you needed some room to get customer service to help you recover it. Otherwise, it's complete and utter overkill.

Letting you complete the deletion instantly after answering a security question or using your PIN would make more sense IMO.

LovelyCorinn
Dec 27, 2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah that would be better zyrus i wish they had done that lol

landman
Dec 27, 2014, 04:20 PM
I understand the impatience in this, specially if your character looks a way in the default costumes but they look different in what you want them to wear, specially if they are casts and you want them to be fleshy. If you don't want to wait another 24 hours in the next rebuild better decide a definitive appearance in Este, and save it to a file.

Triple_S
Dec 27, 2014, 05:04 PM
A lot of games use timers like this. It's partially a preventative measure against hackers taking your account and trying to delete your characters, but it's also there to give you some time in case you change your mind. It's an extra barrier to prevent people making poor decisions they will regret later. 24 hours is enough time to rule the decision as completely intentional in most situations.

I can understand being a bit frustrated when you just want to remake a character, but it's seriously not that big of a deal. I'm sure you were just using hyperbole, but anyone who considers the 24-hour deletion time as a reason to quit is a fool and they deserve no sympathy.

Renvalt
Dec 27, 2014, 05:06 PM
I understand the impatience in this, specially if your character looks a way in the default costumes but they look different in what you want them to wear, specially if they are casts and you want them to be fleshy. If you don't want to wait another 24 hours in the next rebuild better decide a definitive appearance in Este, and save it to a file.

Only issue with that is if you decide, on a whim, you want to be a different fleshy race. AFAIK, Human/Newman/Dewman don't share character saves. And because of the way some of the face models look, your face on, say, a Human for example, will look totally different on a Newman or Dewman - and this isn't factoring Dewman horns into this either (which take the place of ear customization, oddly enough).

Now as for body.... one could argue that if you suddenly decide to make a Cast (going from fleshy), you can use the Cast part costumes to see how your size would hold up after the roboticization process. The opposite holds true if you're going from Cast to fleshy - use the Cast-specific fleshy outfits to get a rough idea of your character's stature.

Sandmind
Dec 27, 2014, 06:26 PM
I dunno, my previous main online game had a 48h delete timer from the start, so having none at 1st looked silly to me. If we exclude the fact said game had 8 character slots by server vs 1 total (pre EP2)...

TehCubey
Dec 27, 2014, 07:18 PM
OP, do you have 2 characters or only one? Everyone has 2 character slots without having to buy a new one, or was that changed some time ago and we get only one now?

Arada
Dec 27, 2014, 07:39 PM
I wonder if this happens if you buy a slot with AC, would you happen to know green?

You're not buying a slot with AC, you're buying a character.
The same rules for deletion apply (-> you have the same 24h delay) but once it's gone, you have to pay again to get to remake a character.

Chik'Tikka
Dec 27, 2014, 07:45 PM
all the dang salon passes they handed out this year+^_^+ use one of them?

Also, there's the character creator benchmarker, and irc you can "edit" a character pretty far in the main esthe shop then simply save that template. load it up when you make a new character+^_^+

Anyway, a lot more people complained about accidental deletions then about having to wait+^_^+

Atmius
Dec 27, 2014, 07:58 PM
To be fair the creator is horribly out of date and STILL doesn't include dewman, almost a year and a half after their implementation.

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2014, 07:59 PM
Sega is learning and making improvements in this version. Good on them. Just be patient and you can make a new character.

LovelyCorinn
Dec 27, 2014, 11:28 PM
To answer Cubey's question yeah i did use both slots but since i was away for a while i was unaware of this timer being added.