PDA

View Full Version : Double Saber Wind Parrying

xEchidna
Dec 27, 2014, 08:46 PM
So i have been testing Wind Parry to see how it works and...
HOLY CRAP!
i cant get this timing down to save my life... over the course of about 2hrs i have not successfully parried a single hit...
The post on bumped says "when the whirlwind activates" but i have tried multiple times and cant get it.
this is quite honestly the dumbest way to incorporate a Just guard IMO...
Has anyone else been able to get it working?

Dephinix
Dec 27, 2014, 08:51 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it feels just like a Just Guard with sword, but less forgiving frames.

xEchidna
Dec 27, 2014, 09:08 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it feels just like a Just Guard with sword, but less forgiving frames.

yeh i actually got it correct just now, the timing is not "when the whirlwind shows up"
its while the DS is still spinning in your hand

Kiyumi
Dec 28, 2014, 12:08 AM
Honestly I feel like it was a waste of a skill point. Ive gotten used to step anyway with DS and you need a full gear gage to use it, and Im not saving my gear for that.

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 12:20 AM
I'm kinda new to the DS stuff, but, wasn't that a dps thing? I mean, getting a Just Guard on easily gained gear seems decent for a point, compared to having to pay 5 points for Just Guard not TOO long ago. If you got somewhere better to put it, sure, but only thing on my tree would be LB duration, and nope. Nope nope nope.

Kiyumi
Dec 28, 2014, 12:52 AM
I'm kinda new to the DS stuff, but, wasn't that a dps thing? I mean, getting a Just Guard on easily gained gear seems decent for a point, compared to having to pay 5 points for Just Guard not TOO long ago. If you got somewhere better to put it, sure, but only thing on my tree would be LB duration, and nope. Nope nope nope.

You can only do one thing with it, not two.
If you want to do damage, you cant block.
If you want to block, youre holding it and not doing damage. Its counterintuitive.

Basically, it doesnt work when you need it. I wish they would have let it block at all times instead of only at full gear, which is stupid.

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 01:30 AM
What...
You only need 1 gear bar, not all 3 full gear, that's user error. When I use it, I still get the whirlwind, so I'm blocking, activating the whirlwind, AND get a JA for my next attack. Again, all for one point. If you need it all the time, then you're using the wrong weapon, get something with a real block? As far as a dps solution without taking damage, it seems pretty good to me.