PDA

View Full Version : Vol3 of the OST is available now

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 08:57 AM
A friend sent me the whole thing. Mining Base Defense theme has four variations and each is 33:17 long. They even include the altered Falz Hunar theme for wave 8. Three theme variants each for Apos Dorios and Dark Falz Luther, two for Falz Angel, five for Shiriona.

No Magatsu or Facility music though. :(

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2014, 09:19 AM
Wow!!

Now available for torrent, essentially.

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 09:22 AM
That would require someone to torrent it. It's available for purchase. My friend sent me one he purchased.

Shinamori
Dec 28, 2014, 09:26 AM
Im trying to get it via play-asia. Where did he buy it? And does it have like a fast shipping option?

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'll ask him, he's probably sleeping right now though.

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
People actually buy PSO2 OSTs? Yowza.

Renvalt
Dec 28, 2014, 09:56 AM
That would require someone to torrent it. It's available for purchase. My friend sent me one he purchased.

Someone actually has. And there's also a site where you can download the damn thing (though because it's FLAC, the download size is friggin huge).

I torrented it though. Couple days ago, actually.

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 10:00 AM
He said he got the email saying they received the OST on the 24th or 25th, and then he got it on the 27th, so they do have pretty fast shipping, whatever he used. Still gotta wait for him to wake up to ask what he used though.

Manta Oyamada
Dec 28, 2014, 10:19 AM
Link ...

Punisher106
Dec 28, 2014, 10:54 AM
Thank you, based Manta.

EDIT: Wow, is it me, or is Mega throttling my download speed?

Lyrise
Dec 28, 2014, 11:15 AM
People actually buy PSO2 OSTs? Yowza.

I certainly do. I generally like the stuff Wavemaster produces. Also, not only does the OST contain the tracks for Tower Defense EMs and the Mothership, they also have the music discs for them too (which generally cost an arm and a leg if you try to buy them in the market).

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 11:26 AM
He says he uses Amiami, he gave me a link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-16867&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dphantasy+s tar%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

He says the issue with then is that you have to preorder everything to be sure you'll get it, though.

Shinamori
Dec 28, 2014, 11:46 AM
I want the discs so I can sell'em. Or use them.

Lyrise
Dec 28, 2014, 12:07 PM
He says he uses Amiami, he gave me a link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-16867&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dphantasy+s tar%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

He says the issue with then is that you have to preorder everything to be sure you'll get it, though.

Also be sure that if you order from Amiami that you really want it. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops if you want an order cancelled. (They tell you it can't be done. But they will do it - it just looks really bad on you)

Punisher106
Dec 28, 2014, 12:18 PM
...Huh. I'm trying to find a certain song that was in MB16. It was when Lisa, Ohza, Maloo, and Furie confront you. Does anyone know what that song is called?

Maenara
Dec 28, 2014, 01:23 PM
It might be Archer of Destiny.

Renvalt
Dec 28, 2014, 01:28 PM
It might be Archer of Destiny.

That's Theodore's theme, actually. And Confronter is for the Humanoid Luther & D-Saber Persona fights.

...Huh. I'm trying to find a certain song that was in MB16. It was when Lisa, Ohza, Maloo, and Furie confront you. Does anyone know what that song is called?

That song is actually on the earlier OSTs.

Volume 1, Disc 3. Track name is Quietly Decision.

Rain Walker
Dec 28, 2014, 01:30 PM
Damn the AIS tracks are surely a freaking blast xD

Renvalt
Dec 28, 2014, 01:34 PM
Feels so good to have a Zeshy theme that isn't a gamerip.

arnd
Dec 28, 2014, 02:07 PM
Feels so good to have a Zeshy theme that isn't a gamerip.

Yeah, it was long overdue.

Overall Fukuyama's EP2/3 work sounds really solid, and it does seem like he will stay by Kobayashi's side for quite a while. Also while he's undeniably good, I just can't seem to be able to get rid of that nostalgic affection to Kumatani and Tokoi. Whatever.

Punisher106
Dec 28, 2014, 02:13 PM
That song is actually on the earlier OSTs.

Volume 1, Disc 3. Track name is Quietly Decision.

Bah, and to think that I got a new computer, without the PSO2 OSTs from before. Can I get a link to a download?

Renvalt
Dec 28, 2014, 05:13 PM
Bah, and to think that I got a new computer, without the PSO2 OSTs from before. Can I get a link to a download?

To prevent war (and also to keep Sayara from murdering me in a most bloody phashion), the goods are in your secret box (check your PMs).

Yeah, it was long overdue.

Overall Fukuyama's EP2/3 work sounds really solid, and it does seem like he will stay by Kobayashi's side for quite a while. Also while he's undeniably good, I just can't seem to be able to get rid of that nostalgic affection to Kumatani and Tokoi. Whatever.

Remind me again, which songs did those two compose?

Sayara
Dec 28, 2014, 08:41 PM
Fukuyama did stuff like Mothership. Seabed, Bio Medula and Dragon EX
Kobayashi is basically 80% of music in PSO2. Was also one of the main in PSO1 and PSU as well. Anything IDOLA is them as well.

wefwq
Dec 28, 2014, 09:32 PM
Running XQ and TA with tower defense BGM surely makes me pumped up.

Renvalt
Dec 29, 2014, 06:21 AM
I was asking about Kumatani and Tokoi, actually. More specifically, their work in the earlier PSO games.

arnd was saying he has some nostalgia hard-on for them - I wanna know what was triggering that.

Ezodagrom
Dec 29, 2014, 06:47 AM
I was asking about Kumatani and Tokoi, actually. More specifically, their work in the earlier PSO games.

arnd was saying he has some nostalgia hard-on for them - I wanna know what was triggering that.
http://segaretro.org/Kenichi_Tokoi#Song_Credits
http://segaretro.org/Fumie_Kumatani#Song_Credits

arnd
Dec 29, 2014, 09:45 AM

I was mainly referring to obvious things like "Tower of Caelum", "Shell's Desert", "The Vibe - The end of planets" from Tokoi and too-much-to-mention PSO/PSU tracks from Kumatani, as she was crucial to the soundscape of those games. Even if we were to switch topics to just PSO2, though, I personally always felt that Tokoi's Ragne/Vardha/Quartz Dragon's themes were the absolute highlight of Episode 1.

What truly matters, however, is that the new music is great, too.

Punisher106
Dec 29, 2014, 10:39 AM
Dhylec, you facist. |:

Renvalt
Dec 29, 2014, 10:50 AM
I was mainly referring to obvious things like "Tower of Caelum", "Shell's Desert", "The Vibe - The end of planets" from Tokoi and too-much-to-mention PSO/PSU tracks from Kumatani, as she was crucial to the soundscape of those games. Even if we were to switch topics to just PSO2, though, I personally always felt that Tokoi's Ragne/Vardha/Quartz Dragon's themes were the absolute highlight of Episode 1.

What truly matters, however, is that the new music is great, too.

Yeah, I can only appreciate the work that Kumitani and Tokoi did on the Modern Sonic games. Not a whole lot of stuff they did on the PSO1/PSU games that I actually like.

But yeah, will agree with you that the new music is great - though the best stuff is in Episode 2 and up.

Manta Oyamada
Dec 29, 2014, 11:43 AM
My link has been removed.

landman
Dec 29, 2014, 12:13 PM
Any guesses why Harukotan songs don't have an English name?

My link has been removed.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

Sayara
Dec 29, 2014, 02:15 PM
My guess is because its Japappnnnnnn?
The english titles for the boss themes are lame anyway

Macman
Dec 30, 2014, 07:12 PM
Link ...
Only 128kbps? Weak.

reaper527
Dec 31, 2014, 10:59 AM
Only 128kbps? Weak.

someone up thread made mention of flac's floating around, so at least you can grab those and make some proper v0 conversions. (assuming that the flacs are properly done and not just some moron converting the 128kbps rips to flac)