PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point in running XH EQs?

Melodys
Dec 29, 2014, 07:47 AM
Apart from running generic follow MPA and kill eqs such as Forest, Volcano, Desert and Xmas for drops and lvl 17 discs. All of the more objective eqs are best run on SH. For example, Magatsu drops just about the same thing in SH/XH except you can easily fit 3-4 runs compared to 2 in a decent pug. Same deal with SH TD compared to XH since enemies aren't damage sponges and you can fit in more runs and get more rares for cubes.

strikerhunter
Dec 29, 2014, 07:50 AM
Probably because the existence of 13 stars in XH since SH EQs doesn't drop them (other than Elder and Lozer, not sure about mag since I've only done him on XH).

Oh and EXP as well I guess.......

edit* I meant 12 stars

KazukiQZ
Dec 29, 2014, 08:19 AM
^Iirc, 13* only drops from Anga (Ultimate Naberius), The Ares series weapon.

Reward aside, some people just want to do the next level, with SH is now rather easy for them? As for Magatsu, I'd feel satisfied beating him on XH rather than SH (Besides, his drop are kinda suck. So, doing the EQ just for Bingo and/or fun)

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 08:27 AM
Magatu's Twin Daggers and Lightning Talis are pretty cool, the dagger having Megiverse on it and all. Other than that, yeah, poop. Kinda need good runs to get nice experience in XH, most people have enough dps to rush through sh stuff now. I also read a lot of user posts about having "too many excubes", so maybe that's another reason they avoid SH, xD

Shinamori
Dec 29, 2014, 10:41 AM
Pff. Too many? I guess they got there 13☆'s already. I only have like, 52 cubes.

landman
Dec 29, 2014, 11:32 AM
Challenge and fun is enough reason to me.

Punisher106
Dec 29, 2014, 11:34 AM
Doesn't the S&Y only drop on XH Magatsu?

wahahaha
Dec 29, 2014, 11:42 AM
Sange and Yasha drops from VH +

Punisher106
Dec 29, 2014, 12:16 PM
Sange and Yasha drops from VH +

...WELP. THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW.

Sacrificial
Dec 29, 2014, 03:02 PM
Altho VH rates are usually lower than Sh rates.

"but..... Sac... rates always suck"

oh yea....

EvilMag
Dec 29, 2014, 03:36 PM
I find it sad that two difficulties later and Elder is still a stingey bastard with his drops.

strikerhunter
Dec 29, 2014, 04:14 PM
^Iirc, 13* only drops from Anga (Ultimate Naberius), The Ares series weapon.

Reward aside, some people just want to do the next level, with SH is now rather easy for them? As for Magatsu, I'd feel satisfied beating him on XH rather than SH (Besides, his drop are kinda suck. So, doing the EQ just for Bingo and/or fun)

Opps I meant 12 stars..........this is what happens when you stop playing PSO2 as much.....

pkemr4
Dec 29, 2014, 04:45 PM
4-5 SH TD1's feel more rewarding than doing 3-4 XH runs

Z-0
Dec 29, 2014, 05:37 PM
Don't really find much point to XH EQs apart from getting your 17 PAs, no. 12 stars are completely outclassed by 13 stars, apart from a few exceptions like the PP recovery gunslash, and for EQs where you need to fast, you're far better playing SH, as XH has like 3x as much HP and something like a 20% increase in EXP (figure pulled out of ass, but you know what I mean, I hope) and nothing really special to find.

Drifting Fable
Dec 29, 2014, 07:29 PM
So I take it that is mere superstition to believe in better rates on XH Elder vs SH Elder?

Shinamori
Dec 29, 2014, 07:35 PM
4-5 SH TD1's feel more rewarding than doing 3-4 XH runs

Can only manage 2 in XH.

Xaelouse
Dec 29, 2014, 07:49 PM
Some 12*s are the strongest in the game when you factor in ultimate buster affix, but good luck getting it on the weapon you do find. Using it also pretty much means grinding out Ultimate still for 13* weapons.

Mattykins
Dec 30, 2014, 12:40 AM
Really, is there any point to running anything other than the one run that can be run at anytime [as opposed to the timelocked EQs] for free [as opposed to AQs/XQs] that has the one boss that doesn't require completing a run/spending a rare trigger that drops 13* anything?

On top of that, is it worth doing anything else in said run whose normal mobs seem to drop nothing but shitty Dio weapons and have shitty XP yields for the amount of ordinance it takes to kill them other than to kill said boss?

Selphea
Dec 30, 2014, 12:46 AM
Well is there any point in playing anything but Player Shop Online 2 until the next content update :wacko:

NexusAZ
Dec 30, 2014, 01:01 AM
Well is there any point in playing anything but Player Shop Online 2 until the next content update :wacko:

The true end-game.

Neith
Dec 30, 2014, 07:14 AM
I don't tend to bother with XH Magatsu (had so many parties even in SH that override each other's Weak Bullet / ignore the quick trials etc) and the only drop I'm interested in from him drops from VH upwards anyway (Sange & Yasha).

For other missions (barring TD1, I very rarely bother with TD) I tend to run XH if it's available just because it's there.

In a semi-related question; has anyone else noticed a huge drop in the number of Ultimate games lately? I seem to really struggle to get a party for Ult now which makes me wonder what people ARE doing :wacko:

edit: Actually successful XH Magatsu run wat

Rakurai
Dec 30, 2014, 07:47 AM
In a semi-related question; has anyone else noticed a huge drop in the number of Ultimate games lately? I seem to really struggle to get a party for Ult now which makes me wonder what people ARE doing :wacko:

Ditto.

The number of groups on ship 6 dropped from about six at peak hours to only two. Maybe they're busy doing New Year's stuff or something.

Aquanos
Dec 30, 2014, 08:26 AM
I Would run SH magatsu but people kind of suck

Aine
Dec 30, 2014, 09:56 AM

Check B27, people who can't get into B14 are doing Anga farming there lately.

LordKaiser
Dec 30, 2014, 11:46 AM
I do the XH EQs because I want the double colored Double Saber and Twin Sabers and that's my reason and also cubes.

the_importer_
Dec 30, 2014, 09:38 PM
How better is the EXP anyway? We use to be able to do an average EQ in SH about 4 to 5 times. Since enemies can take more damage in XH, we can only do that same quest 3 to 4 times now, I wonder if it's worth it or if it comes down to the same thing.

Melodys
Dec 30, 2014, 10:26 PM
From what I gather from myself and friends, you do get more exp in SH due to the sheer fact you can kill things much quicker there and being able to fit in more runs. The 20-30ish% increase in exp you get from XH is not worth the hassle especially when enemies take double or more the amount of time to kill.

Falz, Luther, TD1-3, Magatsu are all best run on SH difficulties unless you don't care about the exp and drops and want to challenge yourself.

ZER0 DX
Dec 30, 2014, 11:24 PM
I do the XH EQs because I want the double colored Double Saber and Twin Sabers and that's my reason and also cubes.

Same. Hyakka Ryouran and Tenimusou are the main weapons I really want right now, but the Volcano EM seems to be extremely scarce lately, or at least it's not showing up when I'm actually available to do it. Least most of the XH EQ's are still good EXP, still need to get my main and subclass Excube CO's done anyway.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 12:56 AM
From what I gather from myself and friends, you do get more exp in SH due to the sheer fact you can kill things much quicker there and being able to fit in more runs. The 20-30ish% increase in exp you get from XH is not worth the hassle especially when enemies take double or more the amount of time to kill.

Falz, Luther, TD1-3, Magatsu are all best run on SH difficulties unless you don't care about the exp and drops and want to challenge yourself.

Although I like going solo in my regular hunts and missions, when it comes to EQ, it's always better with others. That being said, I don't know how it is on other ships, but on #6, most people go on the XH blocks for EQ, so finding others to play in SH is pretty hard.

Macman
Dec 31, 2014, 02:57 AM
Reminds me of Phantasy Star Zero where Super Hard enemies barely gave more exp than hard enemies yet took so much longer to kill. But then again you don't play Super Hard in that game for EXP, you play it for the 7* drops.

FacelessRed
Dec 31, 2014, 06:33 AM
XH EQ's are the only place where you can get the affix for increasing damage in Ultimate quests.

That, coupled with the new drop items (not drop RATE, BUT NEW ITEMS) Means XH is the only source of min/maxers highest possible DPS in Ultimate quests to find their 13* weapons.

Also, in XH things die about the same speed except for bosses such as Magatsu elder etc, but for the most part the EQ's are roughly the same.

So... why do SH?

Rakurai
Dec 31, 2014, 06:59 AM
SH is better for EXP when it comes to Falz Arms and TD and also better for excubes in the case of the latter.

Otherwise, running XH seems better.

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 07:06 AM
XH is better for stuff that isn't about doing as many runs as possible. This means the loop quests and whatnot. SH is better when you're trying to go as fast as possible to squeeze in more kills.
same thing, more words and specifics.

Macman
Jan 2, 2015, 09:44 AM
Is there even any point to XH Magatsu when SH drops the 12* stuff and doesn't eat up 10+ minutes per kill?

Xaelouse
Jan 2, 2015, 10:21 AM
You wont get a chance at a Sangeyasha with Ult Buster
Ultimate is supposed to be endgame, so it's silly to ignore gearing up for it properly.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 2, 2015, 10:34 AM
Ultimate is supposed to be endgame, so it's silly to ignore gearing up for it properly.

I doubt it's gonna be the true end game if sega wants this game to run for 10 years. current endgame maybe but if they need another 6-7 years worth of content they need to come up with new stuff later down the line. I can see them milking out UQ and taking months per planet to release so they can cover 1-2 years with it though.

Macman
Jan 2, 2015, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Buster doesn't mean jack unless you also somehow manage to get a good Mark ____ affix along with [attack] III, which takes an insane amount of luck.

Z-0
Jan 2, 2015, 04:35 PM
Personally I feel Ultimate Buster means jack shit because apart from 13*s, there's nothing else in Ultimate. Everything else you may want (EXP, Cubes, Meseta, whatever) is better obtained elsewhere.

Macman
Jan 2, 2015, 05:03 PM
Well there's the 12* exclusive to Ultimate... You may want them for looks... ._.

Stormwalker
Jan 2, 2015, 05:14 PM
After being away for a while and coming back, I've come to terms with the fact that the most fun way to play isn't to min max every drop out of it, but rather to do what you want, have fun, and look awesome.

Which is why I dropped a few million grinding and affixing a pair of Fubuki Rinkas and spent the rest of my meseta on costumes.

Is there a point to running *anything* other than to have fun doing it? I know grinding for loot is the grand tradition of PSO, but... if I can't get something playing my way, then I don't really need it.

What's the point of grinding XH EQ's for Ultimate Buster just so that you can grind Ultimate for 13*'s just so you can do... what exactly then?

The only reason to run anything is because you enjoy running it. Anything else is a waste of time and effort.

Kiyumi
Jan 2, 2015, 05:40 PM
After being away for a while and coming back, I've come to terms with the fact that the most fun way to play isn't to min max every drop out of it, but rather to do what you want, have fun, and look awesome.

Which is why I dropped a few million grinding and affixing a pair of Fubuki Rinkas and spent the rest of my meseta on costumes.

Is there a point to running *anything* other than to have fun doing it? I know grinding for loot is the grand tradition of PSO, but... if I can't get something playing my way, then I don't really need it.

What's the point of grinding XH EQ's for Ultimate Buster just so that you can grind Ultimate for 13*'s just so you can do... what exactly then?

The only reason to run anything is because you enjoy running it. Anything else is a waste of time and effort.

Well thats the idea for every game really. Some people like min-maxing. Some people want all the best gear. Some people just want to look cool. Some people enjoying stacking a big pile of money.

The goal of the game becomes whatever you want it to be (:

Stormwalker
Jan 2, 2015, 06:21 PM
Well thats the idea for every game really. Some people like min-maxing. Some people want all the best gear. Some people just want to look cool. Some people enjoying stacking a big pile of money.

True enough.

As long as you're having fun and not actively ruining others' fun, it's all good.

But that really also means nobody can really answer the OP's question. Everyone has their own priorities.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you find yourself torn between doing the thing you enjoy and doing something you don't enjoy because it's more efficient... odds are, doing something you don't enjoy in the name of efficiency will only lead to burnout.

If you like running XH EQ's, don't make yourself run SH EQ's just because the rewards are better. By contrast, if you think SH EQ's are more fun because the enemies aren't massive HP sponges, then by all means run SH.

In the end, only you can decide what is worth it and what isn't

Syklo
Jan 2, 2015, 06:27 PM

Same with life, really.
If you can't find the point in doing what it is you're doing, why do it?

illegaleagle90
Jan 2, 2015, 08:54 PM

The best reason to do everything and anything!