PDA

View Full Version : What's up with B-027?

FireswordRus
Dec 30, 2014, 01:23 PM
I am miss somthing?

rashoood
Dec 30, 2014, 01:26 PM
Some people use it to farm Anga.

FireswordRus
Dec 30, 2014, 01:29 PM
nvm, sorry

Aine
Dec 30, 2014, 02:23 PM
A while ago someone started a thread on 2ch trying to get people to farm Anga on B27 since B14 is hard to get into, and it caught on. B40 is also used for farming but it's the premium block.

un1t27
Dec 30, 2014, 03:37 PM
Worry about yaself.

Xaelouse
Dec 30, 2014, 04:09 PM
b-14 now the idlemaster/visiphone warrior block

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 30, 2014, 04:26 PM
b-14 now the idlemaster/visiphone warrior block

Don't hate! =P

If I ever get a chance to go in I take it and stay there forever :)

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 03:21 AM
A while ago someone started a thread on 2ch trying to get people to farm Anga on B27 since B14 is hard to get into, and it caught on. B40 is also used for farming but it's the premium block.
Don't know if it's just a Ship 2 thing, but Ship 2 people have no chance of getting into B40 Anga farms unless they know where to look online for the password.

The entire reason for this is because the Japanese players were getting sick of the 90% bad English players in their Anga farms, so they're having to play it meta and make sure English people don't see the password.

elryan
Dec 31, 2014, 03:45 AM
B40 is also used for farming but it's the premium block.

TIL there's B40.

Alma
Dec 31, 2014, 05:59 AM
the weird thing is...
why anga farm mpa only limited to certain block in ship2?

try to go to b15-26 and almost everytime i check, i cannot found dedictaed anga farm mpa on those block... sometimes not even the normal anga mpa too...

is these behaviour happen only on ship2? :wacko:

Rakurai
Dec 31, 2014, 06:25 AM
I wonder if the Anga farmers on my server simply migrated to another block.

Maybe I ought to check...

EDIT: Yep. They all migrated to block 27 on ship 6, too. Silly me for thinking they were just taking a break because of New Year's...

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 07:00 AM
the weird thing is...
why anga farm mpa only limited to certain block in ship2?

try to go to b15-26 and almost everytime i check, i cannot found dedictaed anga farm mpa on those block... sometimes not even the normal anga mpa too...

is these behaviour happen only on ship2? :wacko:
No, this is every ship. Everyone is using other blocks because people are taking up space in B14+ to AFK for EQs. However, people are starting to notice these blocks are full of people so they're AFK'ing in them as well, so even more blocks are becoming Anga farms. For example, on Ship 4, there's blocks 27, 38 and 40, while on Ship 8, there's 26, 27 and 40.

In the case of Ship 2, the passwords on B40 are secret as well, just to avoid foreigners, lol. Not sure if they do this on other ships to avoid bad players.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2014, 07:32 AM
I poked my head in 40 out of curiosity. I see several games with the password in the comment. Though most of those words are pain in the ass kanji which is almost as effective a deterrent to foreigners as a secret pass altogether. You could still use Google to sketch the kanji you see and spit out an approximation, but that seems like a lot of work to get in on some glorified telepiping if you ask me.

Aine
Dec 31, 2014, 07:36 AM
It's a reflexive effect, people go to particular blocks to farm Anga because they know there will people there to join, and people go there to leech because they know there will be people there farming. You could farm Anga on any block but chances are it will take a while for the MPA to fill up.

Xaelouse
Dec 31, 2014, 09:27 AM
not sure why Japs deny people from accessing good equipment (which is what they're effectively doing), further ruining the quality of the ship. They have to see these stupid ENG players in pugs with their shitty equipment, why not let them in and give them some power
But you guys can make your own parties, yeah? (not on ship 2)

Stickboy
Dec 31, 2014, 10:01 AM
not sure why Japs deny people from accessing good equipment (which is what they're effectively doing), further ruining the quality of the ship. They have to see these stupid ENG players in pugs with their shitty equipment, why not let them in and give them some power

no, 'cuz most of en players are terrible

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 31, 2014, 10:45 AM
How does farming like this work anyway? You go into the mission, score 800 points and then go back and pipe back and forth the campship and the forest until anga appears?

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2014, 11:42 AM
How does farming like this work anyway? You go into the mission, score 800 points and then go back and pipe back and forth the campship and the forest until anga appears?

Players start a completely isolated room, and run probably the first 3 or 4 cells from the start. If Anga shows up, they head back to the ship, change their party details, and people can enter, where they will slaughter a number of enemies to boost drop count, usually to 250 points, not including trial bonuses (see comments for what the creator wants) and then and then engage Anga.

When its dead, some people like to run around a little to see if another will spawn, and the rest generally head into a new party or create a new one.

Because there is a specific process that should generally be followed which most foreigners don't seem to get, despite the instructions being posted in the comments (doesn't help that they can't read it in the first place...) To be really blunt about it, if you can't read or follow my requests, I don't want you in there to begin with.

Not every party demands the baseline of 250 points, but when I make a room, and specifically say that immediate breaking of crystal is not permitted, I sure as hell don't want to see that boss crystal break within 1 second of showing up (so that everyone has a chance to put on their other drop boosting weapon), but it's happened too many times on purpose, generally due to foreigners.

I get that there will be accidents, but my Blacklist count has actually shot up a good 30some people for repeatedly pulling stupid acts like this or just leeching drops and not killing anything. While blacklist won't stop people from joining the same MPA as you, it WILL usually stop people from getting into MPAs you created because they can't access your room to begin with directly, and these rooms fill up FAST.

Kinaya
Dec 31, 2014, 01:19 PM
Don't know if it's just a Ship 2 thing, but Ship 2 people have no chance of getting into B40 Anga farms unless they know where to look online for the password.

The entire reason for this is because the Japanese players were getting sick of the 90% bad English players in their Anga farms, so they're having to play it meta and make sure English people don't see the password.

Before you post stuff make sure its correct, I farm on b40 for several days now and they don't use any specific password so pls Zyn get ur facts right ;O

Raujinn
Dec 31, 2014, 01:34 PM
I've seen the odd Kanji password. Hilarious when it's an EN player using them. Wouldn't surprise me if some people hid passwords away on some forums so they could heavily restrict who joins.

As an apparently filthy foreigner, I can get in b40 hunts fine and I can fill MPAs with people fine if I find Angas so assuming there are such parties, it isn't making things "impossible" as stated.

But yeah, fill out the hidden point qouta and don't break the gem too early is basic etiquette here. Goes without saying to not be a leeching asshole too, not just during the run. Leeching from the campship is shitty too. Go generate some yourself, more people making more Angas is better for us all!

In 99% of my runs, foreigners or not, people have been swell.

Bellion
Dec 31, 2014, 01:34 PM
General guide lines:
250+ points aside from e-trials. as stated above in a post. Most e-trials give 200 points so add an extra 200 to your goal if you do complete one.
8 people before dropping down to start running the quest
Don't break crystal immediately,as stated above in a post. Please let the MPA host do the breaking, since they are the ones that find the Anga.
Stay after 1st Anga kill for a couple of seconds or travel some distance(generally 3 blocks in descriptions) in an attempt to find a 2nd Anga before leaving.
Don't be a useless leech.

The last 2 are way too hard for certain foreigners. The reason why we have this infestation of bad foreigners in B-27 Ship 2 is because a damn leech found out about B-27 from friends and decided to invite their entire team of other bad players and then chains of friends after.

As long as B-40 doesn't use the 2 most common hiragana passwords for Anga farming, it should be fine. I'm really getting sick of foreigners bypassing my kanji passwords because there are other people still using those 2 easy passwords. I've even moved my farming character to another ship because it's so bad.

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2014, 01:47 PM
I personally have to use some really difficult kanji characters for passwords because people were bypassing my easy ones. I mean, yes, Google could help you bypass some of these, but by the time you find the approximation for it, it'll be filled by people who know what I've specified, and clearly have read my comments for what I want in this run.

I'm also not fond of people who only join rooms and not create and find Anga as well - running 3 or 4 cells from the start isn't terribly hard, but at the end of the day, it's still costing me my booster timer to do this.

Kinaya
Dec 31, 2014, 01:51 PM
I personally have to use some really difficult kanji characters for passwords because people were bypassing my easy ones. I mean, yes, Google could help you bypass some of these, but by the time you find the approximation for it, it'll be filled by people who know what I've specified, and clearly have read my comments for what I want in this run.

I'm also not fond of people who only join rooms and not create and find Anga as well - running 3 or 4 cells from the start isn't terribly hard, but at the end of the day, it's still costing me my booster timer to do this.

Thats Ship 2 for us, way 2 much work to avoid them b20 ppl

Raujinn
Dec 31, 2014, 01:57 PM
Well the unfortunate part of that kind of practice is you're shutting out people who behave perfectly fine with a language barrier, as well as possibly lazy Japanese people. Not that it's a massive issue, seeing as there's still plenty of parties that seem fine with using hiragana passwords and if it really helps keep undesirables out I'm sure some consider it worth the cost of shunning decent players along with them.

Of course you could also use bi-lingual instructions but then I'm sure people wouldn't do that because of the stigma attached to "FOREIGNERS!!!!!" meaning their MPA would forever remain a ghost town. Also possibly space limits...

Bellion
Dec 31, 2014, 02:03 PM
I would totally type in both JP and EN if the space limit wasn't there. I don't mind being an obvious but not a troublesome foreigner, at least on Ship 2.

However, a lot of players don't even read the description and just join before the party even fills up. Whether they just join too quickly or join through another party without any description. There are just general rules being used to Anga farm that a lot of others also use.

Edit: Okay, this might not even do. I can't explain what search for seconds means with this lack of space.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20141231_141728_000_zpse1f7e0d2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2014, 02:24 PM
Well the unfortunate part of that kind of practice is you're shutting out people who behave perfectly fine with a language barrier, as well as possibly lazy Japanese people. Not that it's a massive issue, seeing as there's still plenty of parties that seem fine with using hiragana passwords and if it really helps keep undesirables out I'm sure some consider it worth the cost of shunning decent players along with them.

Of course you could also use bi-lingual instructions but then I'm sure people wouldn't do that because of the stigma attached to "FOREIGNERS!!!!!" meaning their MPA would forever remain a ghost town. Also possibly space limits...

Pretty sure I won't shut people out because of my passwords. There's one huge flaw to what I do but it works to my benefit during off peak times. Just because I create a party with an "insane-to-foreigner" difficulty level does not mean they can't get in. People who have no chance of joining through my listing can find another party linked to my MPA and join through whatever password is set on that room. (MPA passwords only let you join the MPA, but your own password never changes)

So what ends up happening is that other people who join my room probably have the easy-peasy passwords set to their party, and others can link based off that password.

As far as bilingual instructions go? Most of what I put in is very decipherable by all players, but it's impact is minor - some people don't ever see my instructions, because they used the method above, but its such a defacto rule that it bewilders a lot of people when they see people keep breaking the crystal on sight.

Raujinn
Dec 31, 2014, 02:38 PM
Edit: Okay, this might not even do. I can't explain what search for seconds means with this lack of space.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20141231_141728_000_zpse1f7e0d2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yeah that space limitation is a real killer, that sucks. Good effort, still.

its such a defacto rule that it bewilders a lot of people when they see people keep breaking the crystal on sight.

Absolutely. It makes no sense anyway when people do this, because you'd think they'd want to get out a item drop boosting weapon themselves. Even if all you have is a basic umblla stick or something with Lucky Rise on it.

Kiyumi
Dec 31, 2014, 03:56 PM
I like reading these horror stories. Im actually glad now that I didnt know ship 2 was the "foreigner" ship when I first started so I joined ship 4 randomly. I know all too well all the trolls and idiots that play games, only they seem to be very few in Japan. Most of the time theres a crystal, everyone is standing around it in a circle as if it was Mr Umbla for like 10 seconds waiting and then I end up breaking it because nobody else will.

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 04:12 PM
As an apparently filthy foreigner, I can get in b40 hunts fine and I can fill MPAs with people fine if I find Angas so assuming there are such parties, it isn't making things "impossible" as stated.
That's interesting, because when I went to B40 last night (around 9AM JST or so), every password was "refer to the thread" (referring to a 2ch thread where they were posting passwords). It's possible that regular players noticed it was an Anga block and started using it anyway, without reading said thread.

@ Xaeris

That Kanji isn't the password. It's saying "Look in the thread", as the password was something not written there.

edit: If you were seeing these, these aren't passwords:

http://puu.sh/dSThP/daad8fa4ac.jpg
http://puu.sh/dSTUZ/ce80d4fa53.jpg

Shinamori
Dec 31, 2014, 04:37 PM
I noticed that too. I was wonder if they was passwords or not.

Raujinn
Dec 31, 2014, 05:00 PM
That's interesting, because when I went to B40 last night (around 9AM JST or so), every password was "refer to the thread" (referring to a 2ch thread where they were posting passwords). It's possible that regular players noticed it was an Anga block and started using it anyway, without reading said thread.
]

Plausible. I'm just saying that the statement that it's essentially impossible to get into runs in b40 is wrong in general. I mean I'm not denying your experience it's just it strongly conflicts with my own, referring to several days' worth of play in both on and off-peak hours.

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 05:02 PM
It's fine, don't worry, I probably just turned up at the wrong time when all the Japanese were trying to keep foreigners out.

starwind75043
Dec 31, 2014, 06:33 PM

Its no different in any game out there you get your friends together and you set up group who wants to farm and follow the rules and just go on from there.

Rakurai
Jan 1, 2015, 01:38 AM
Wonder how many of the people on block 27 are just randoms who are AFKing for ETs as opposed to actually being interested in Anga farming...

TaigaUC
Jan 1, 2015, 06:13 AM
How many Anga farming runs are people doing before seeing anything drop?
I've done Ultimate maybe 30 times and never seen any decent rares drop there.

milranduil
Jan 1, 2015, 07:01 AM
How many Anga farming runs are people doing before seeing anything drop?
I've done Ultimate maybe 30 times and never seen any decent rares drop there.

You have a long ways to go my friend.

Rakurai
Jan 1, 2015, 07:02 AM
Took me a little over 200 Anga Fandarge before the first 13* drop.

Probably closing in on the 300 mark at this point.

rashoood
Jan 1, 2015, 07:47 AM
I am around 200 or slightly more but seen nothing T_T

TaigaUC
Jan 1, 2015, 09:19 AM
I much prefer Despair and Magatsu. They're somewhat fun (when people aren't sucking bawz).
And those two actually give EXP and drops. Fancy that!

It's going to be funny when 13 stars become obsolete.
Ultimate Quest will probably be renamed to Pointless Quest.

Raujinn
Jan 1, 2015, 10:24 AM
Up to 200 Angas myself and nothing yet. I've seen people here posting about hitting 1000+ before seeing any and I saw one in-game claiming to have reached 1800 kills and still nothing.

And yeah, this isn't that fun.

TaigaUC
Jan 2, 2015, 03:56 AM
Sort of off-topic, but relevant to people going to specific blocks and making private rooms:
Either I'm really unlucky or random multis on ship 2 have gotten much worse.
- Multiple bombs destroying multiple towers per run, despite very early warnings in multiple languages.
- Entire multis huddled up on single towers and ignoring the rest.
- Towers being destroyed in the first few waves of Despair and people leaving.
- JP people leaving as soon as they see EN names.
- Rangers using only Gunslash for XH Elder and refusing to WB for the first 15 minutes.
- Time running out on nearly every wave of TD1 and 3. Goldradas suicide bombing.
- Weirdos refusing to use WB on Magatsu until someone places it on a weak point, at which point they will immediately overwrite it by placing it on his butt or somewhere equally pointless. Every time.
- On Magatsu, when there's around 8 melee players on a platform attacking a red weak face, someone likes to always overwrite the WB and place it where there is no platform.
- Similarly, when the entire multi is attacking Magatsu's left, someone will overwrite WB placing it on the right, and vice versa.

Most of the above happened even with seemingly well-equipped level 75s.
I wonder if most/all the good players only do passworded runs now... for good reason.

Dephinix
Jan 2, 2015, 03:59 AM
I much prefer Despair and Magatsu. They're somewhat fun (when people aren't sucking bawz).
And those two actually give EXP and drops. Fancy that!

It's going to be funny when 13 stars become obsolete.
Ultimate Quest will probably be renamed to Pointless Quest.

Yes, I love me some 7-9* drops, mmm~

Z-0
Jan 2, 2015, 04:01 AM
Despair is decent for cubes, but yeah Magatsu is not that great unless you can do at least 10 runs in the half hour.

TD1/2 are better for cubes, though.

Aine
Jan 2, 2015, 05:07 AM
TD3 drops can have Stat 3 and Vinculum affixes, so it's good for making a bit of money as well.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 2, 2015, 06:11 AM
I was in block 27 today with my friend, i noticed a lot of people are just running around the map looking for Anga and if they dont find it they create a new MPA. Wasn't really working out for us though waste of time and quite annoying how they do that. We left to go back to B15 and we got 3 anga spawns in a row on 1 map lol

Macman
Jan 2, 2015, 09:40 AM
What about "Search For 2nd Anga"?

milranduil
Jan 2, 2015, 09:53 AM
What about "Search For 2nd Anga"?

"Search for seconds"

Z-0
Jan 2, 2015, 11:38 AM
He's saying "why not put "Search for 2nd Anga"", which I am pretty sure would fit.

Bellion
Jan 2, 2015, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that's simple enough. I won't even be going back to 2 to use the description until I get what I want, though. I'm really wondering what the heck did I do to piss off some RNG deity. There are people with less than 200 kills with a 60 element Rod, averaging 1/100 drop rates of a 13* and hogging them all! My average drop rate is like 1/600+ now. ; _;
I sure as heck have got nothing on the dude with 0 13* and 1800kills, though.

Surely complaining about drops on PSOW works to boost rdr

Shinamori
Jan 2, 2015, 05:05 PM
I'm surprised you haven't gotten like 10 yet.

milranduil
Jan 2, 2015, 06:48 PM
I'm surprised you haven't gotten like 10 yet.

I'm surprised I don't have 10 susan-, oh this is 2015 not 2014 :wacko: