PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Vita Arrived - JP Proxy Recommendation?

Johno_UK
Jan 2, 2015, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

I've got PSO2 on Vita, it arrived today. I've installed, patched and setup my SEGA ID.
All I need now is a Japanese proxy. Does anyone use a good proxy they'd recommend?

It'd probably be better to inbox the proxy name, rather than sharing it on the public forum!

Cheers! :-)

Rien
Jan 2, 2015, 09:58 PM
Uhhh... there are proxies for psvita?

taizero00
Jan 3, 2015, 05:43 AM
have you tried to play without proxy yet? because i can play PSO2 on Vita without it.

Shinamori
Jan 3, 2015, 06:03 AM

You can if you have your home connection running on a proxy or something like that.

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 09:11 AM
have you tried to play without proxy yet? because i can play PSO2 on Vita without it.

recommended this action too.

you may not need a proxy.

Johno_UK
Jan 3, 2015, 10:27 AM
recommended this action too.

you may not need a proxy.

Yeh, I've tried and I get error 249 - so I need a proxy.

A proxy is a proxy - it should work on any device.

SodaJunky
Jan 3, 2015, 02:16 PM
Wait, do you need the proxy because of your connection? Because other than that the only requirement is a Japanese PSN and a 16G minimum Memory card.

If you have Verizon or one of the services that can't connect, you'll need to set up a Hotspot/Personal Network and then apply a proxy to it. Then just use it to connect, same as you would normally connect to wifi.

*NOTE*
An issue I ran into at the time was that you can't run the wifi connection to the proxy-hotspot and your Vita at the same time. So if you plan to go about it this way, make sure you're Hotspot is going through an ethernet or direct line to the modem/router.

TheAstarion
Jan 3, 2015, 07:45 PM
The Playstation VITA does not natively support proxies for games. You'll need to reroute your VITA's connection to a WiFi that is using a proxy, as opposed to using the proxy on the VITA itself.

Pretty much this, but with the addendum that you're probably best off using an external proxy or VPN since CK's proxy works differently (it modifies the hosts file to tell PSO that the servers are actually not at Sega anymore, and there's a gameguard bypass through AIDA's tweaker that puts its finger to the lips of the game and tells it, shh, it's ok, these IP addresses are legit).

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/knowledge-base/others-faq/psvita-proxy.html

Does need -some- kind of PC to work, so people who have, say, a vita and a phone are pretty much out of luck (I lost a good team member to this technology combo).

Husq
Jan 4, 2015, 03:09 AM
Hmm, basically you need a portable personal hotspot.
If you got something like a nexus 7 or an andriod phone you can try this and see if it works.
Setup your aws with pptp, on your andriod devices enable vpn and wifi hotspot. Now setup your vita to use your andriod devices as an access point.
The principle is the same as sharing your internet access through windows or any desktop OS, but in a portable form.
If you just want to try it, without setting up a pptp server on your aws, you can use a known working public vpn that support pptp connection, like the one operated by tsukuba university (http://www.vpngate.net/en/, check for operated by tsukuba, not any of those private ones). Like everythign experimental, do one step after another, set up vpn on andriod devices, check if you can connect to pso2.jp, then enable wifi hotspot and connect vita to it.
However i haven't tried it out myself, so if it works or doesn't, please report back.

damn it, i was sure OP mentioned something about using it outside his home.

iC3 lightning
Dec 29, 2015, 05:27 PM
Well the only thing i did was sign up for a psn Japanese account and a sega account link to pso2, i bought the game fownloaded a 7.8g update and started playing. No need for for proxy ������

jooozek
Dec 29, 2015, 05:34 PM
nice necro
that aside, some people still need a VPN, SEA and china are blocked, some isps likely still can't connect seeing that pso2 proxy is still being used commonly