PDA

View Full Version : Old timer back to PSO2 JP and got some questions

JackofSpades707
Jan 5, 2015, 01:08 AM
So I played back during the beta and a few months after the beta as well, I got mid game and quit playing, I never used a proxy or VPN and I was wondering how I should connect to my account? (downloading the client and english patches again right now)

I have a paid VPN with an IP in tokyo I could use if that's recomended but I really don't want my account locked or anything like that?

I have the same IP I had when I played previously and I just wanna know if I should connect using my original US IP address or my tokyo VPN IP Address (It's a paid VPN so it's not a commonly used IP but I can't say for sure if someone is using that VPN to play or not)

suggestions + reasons would be amazing

P.S. Yes I read a bunch of guides before posting, Hoping for a straight answer.

possibly problems I see :
1- connect with US IP and get banned/blocked
2- connect with JP VPN and get temp banned until I prove I'm someone I'm not and have no records of the information I used.

Lighthero
Jan 5, 2015, 01:31 AM
1. You can try connecting normally. If you are redownloading the game via the original site (or be able to access that site), you should be fine playing without VPN. You won't get banned, at best your ISP will be blocked out which may already be the case.

2. In case you have to use VPN, one with a Japanese IP would givreyou instant access to the game, since no ISP issues in Japan. You won't get banned for using it, just don't change anything more than using the VPN itself.

Most ban cases are from when a mass of people where doing a lot of things around the time right after the DDoS and SEGA started banning everything suspicious. I don't think you will be banned for having a different IP (IP can change a lot anyway).

JackofSpades707
Jan 5, 2015, 04:02 AM
1. You can try connecting normally. If you are redownloading the game via the original site (or be able to access that site), you should be fine playing without VPN. You won't get banned, at best your ISP will be blocked out which may already be the case.

2. In case you have to use VPN, one with a Japanese IP would givreyou instant access to the game, since no ISP issues in Japan. You won't get banned for using it, just don't change anything more than using the VPN itself.

Most ban cases are from when a mass of people where doing a lot of things around the time right after the DDoS and SEGA started banning everything suspicious. I don't think you will be banned for having a different IP (IP can change a lot anyway).

Okay thanks :) I'll just try playing using my actual IP (never gamed using my VPN either so idk how well that'd work out)

Sizustar
Jan 5, 2015, 05:07 AM
See if you can access the main site www.pso2.jp
If you can with your current ISP, then you don't need a vpn.

And change of IP address isn't a red flag, it's mass login from th e same ip to multipel different account, or the same IP with different account transfering large amount of ingame money with junk<Some people have alt account selling FUN point scratch item> which look like RMT activity.

JackofSpades707
Jan 5, 2015, 07:28 AM
See if you can access the main site pso2.jp

And change of IP address isn't a red flag, it's mass login from th e same ip to multipel different account, or the same IP with different account transfering large amount of ingame money with junk<Some people have alt account selling FUN point scratch item> which look like RMT activity.

ahhh thanks for clearing that up, the site seems to be down for me, but I checked it on down4everyoneorjustme and it says it's down on their end as well.

EDIT : Removed the www dot and now it's showing it's up on down4everyoneorjustme :/
Guess I might need to use a VPN for this then :/
that's odd though.

Shinamori
Jan 5, 2015, 08:23 AM
See if you can access the main site www.pso2.jp

Funny thing, I can connect if it's just pso2.jp, but not if I add the www before it. :V