PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Livestreams?

Azelyra
Jan 13, 2015, 09:31 AM
Just wondering if anyone watches them on like Twitch.tv and stuff... "Livestream" here doesn't mean the official PSO2 livestreams, but the livestreams that people do randomly on twitch of PSO2 gameplay and stuff.
So... If you don't watch them, why not?
and if you do... What do you look for in streams to make you want to watch/follow?

A curiosity question from Arcy once in a while~
Also, a belated happy new year 2015 everyone =b

P.S. Thankyou Gama for a siggy o.o
http://puu.sh/esFF9.png

knight1301
Jan 13, 2015, 10:16 AM
For me I won't do that. Like most of games online out there PSO2 is not a competitive game so if you're looking for a trick or some bosses run then Youtube is the best. But still some people watch PSO2 on Twitch.
The only game I watch on Twitch is Dota2.
BTW Happy new year!

Macmaxi
Jan 13, 2015, 10:42 AM
I actually stream PSO2 a ton of times, but it's not like i advertise it. I play for 1 or 2 friends at best and they don't even play themselves. I think the community isn't large enough to get a viewerbase and for me timezones are another issue (EU vs US).

The issue is that PSO2 has large downtimes you can't just jump into one game after another like in competetive games, so most of the time viewers wont have anything to view unless you are doing random bosses all the time and even that might get boring because most of the community wont see it as any kind of feat.

I wouldn't mind streaming more often, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

Or does it?

ShinKai
Jan 13, 2015, 10:43 AM
Personally, I don't watch streams for games I play a lot. Any time I could use watching, could be spent actually playing the game. I'd rather play it myself than watch. I do have a few friends who stream time to time, and I have watched them to support them, but I don't watch PSO2 streams because I enjoy them.

I'd rather watch games I have no intention to play to see what I'd be missing, or a stream where the player brings more to the game itself, like with voice acting a text based game or something.

PSO2 is also one of those games that are fun to play, but not to watch. It's cool to see the gameplay for a few minutes if you haven't seen it, but after that, there isn't much to keep viewer retention up. Some games don't stream well in my opinion. They aren't bad games, they're just meant to be played instead of viewed.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jan 13, 2015, 11:50 AM
I stream all kinds of games. PSO2 being one of them.

I personally like to play, not watch.

Gama
Jan 13, 2015, 12:23 PM
Streamed pso2 a couple of times, but my upload speed is shit so the quality is terrible.

The Walrus
Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 PM
I don't really bother watching people stream PSO2 since I play it myself...and it's boring as shit to play so lord knows it's worse to watch.

Vintasticvin
Jan 13, 2015, 12:59 PM
One year later I still haven't uploaded that TD run :p

Kiyumi
Jan 13, 2015, 04:07 PM
PVE games arent all that interesting to watch imo. Unless theres something really interesting to go along with it like a girl screaming while playing a scary zombie game, etc. Or if the streamer is drunk.

Z-0
Jan 13, 2015, 04:25 PM
PSO2 streams are only worth watching when they're doing something like TA or TD. In other words, something that is inherently interesting to watch because it showcases something or other. Something like people playing Anga or grinding dailies or whatever people generally do isn't great to watch since it's not really exciting at all.

Only PSO2 stream I ever really watch is xQualy's (ja.twitch.tv/xqualy) since he streams when he's trying for TA times and it's interesting to see what tricks he comes up with.

Selphea
Jan 13, 2015, 05:34 PM
Try asking this in Reddit or the PSO2 English Facebook group. The crowd here leans towards the more hardcore side so you might not get a full view.

But yes I watch YT and Nico more than Twitch.