PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 OTP

Skyly
Jan 14, 2015, 05:32 AM
Long story short, I broke my phone and now I can't login to PSO2? Is anything I can do play? I have an android device as well as blue stacks. Can I transfer my account to another device.

Walkure
Jan 14, 2015, 05:36 AM
If you have the backup code and account info, you should be fine.

Sizustar
Jan 14, 2015, 05:37 AM
You can try, or you can email OTP support at [email protected]

OTP FAQS
http://pso2.jp/players/security/onetime/faq/

Sara-hime
Jan 14, 2015, 08:01 AM
I bought a new cell phone, and all it asked for was the account info and your secret answer. Was in business instantly! Just make sure to write everything down (or use a password manager) in the future.

Skyly
Jan 14, 2015, 09:13 AM
Tried setting it up and it didn't work on my tablet.

EDIT: Got it working on Blue Stacks. Easier than I thought.

Lyrise
Jan 14, 2015, 01:02 PM
Tried setting it up and it didn't work on my tablet.

EDIT: Got it working on Blue Stacks. Easier than I thought.

It won't work for most tablets because your device needs an IMEI code (re: any tablet with LTE or cellular data support would have this).

Bluestacks will work because it does some shady things to spoof an IMEI code.

Skyly
Jan 14, 2015, 02:08 PM
It won't work for most tablets because your device needs an IMEI code (re: any tablet with LTE or cellular data support would have this).

Bluestacks will work because it does some shady things to spoof an IMEI code.

My tablet is a cellphone and a tablet.. It's LG. When I installed OTP, it had jp text on the bottom (inside of the app) with no options to do anything. It was if the screen was frozen.. Seemed glitched or something. I installed it on Blue Stacks and it had the same text (same frozen screen), but it had options to set up the account, etc.. Plus it had one more touchable button I didn't have on my tablet that helped me get into the accounts, etc.. Sorta like a sub-menu.

ShinKai
Mar 14, 2015, 05:46 PM
This is a month or two old, but this thread is the closest thing I could find for this.

I recently got a new phone, and found I had the same problem with the SecureOTP app. My Samsung Note 4 has an IMEI, yet it gives me that same screen with Japanese text and no other options. The text roughly translates to "you need an account" but no options to enter information for said account.

I eventually found a fix. Many guides will tell you to press the "..." button to open the options to input this information. My problem was that my phone didn't have this button. I had to go into the settings, go to One-handed Operation, and enable the Side Key Panel. I could then edit the panel to include the "..." button. From there, there is a button on the side of my phone's screen that I can open to access a "..." button. Press that button when in the SecureOTP app, and the account options for the app should appear at the bottom of the screen. I could then input my account information.

I've been searching for this solution for months after I got my phone. It now looks like it'll work just like my old one.

schnee4
Mar 14, 2015, 06:01 PM
hahaha...
must wait certain time maybe less 24 hour before appear
all guide useless
same problem all OTP user :-?

Lyrise
Mar 16, 2015, 10:15 AM
This is a month or two old, but this thread is the closest thing I could find for this.

I recently got a new phone, and found I had the same problem with the SecureOTP app. My Samsung Note 4 has an IMEI, yet it gives me that same screen with Japanese text and no other options. The text roughly translates to "you need an account" but no options to enter information for said account.

I eventually found a fix. Many guides will tell you to press the "..." button to open the options to input this information. My problem was that my phone didn't have this button. I had to go into the settings, go to One-handed Operation, and enable the Side Key Panel. I could then edit the panel to include the "..." button. From there, there is a button on the side of my phone's screen that I can open to access a "..." button. Press that button when in the SecureOTP app, and the account options for the app should appear at the bottom of the screen. I could then input my account information.

I've been searching for this solution for months after I got my phone. It now looks like it'll work just like my old one.

This is a failing of pretty much any phone with hardware keys (home, back, and menu/multitask). They don't really advertise how you'd get into settings menu when one needs to press on the 3 dot button. For your reference, anytime you need to access that button on a device that uses hard keys instead of soft keys, you need to hold down the menu/multitask button. (I also own a Note 4 as well, and it did throw me for a loop for a few moments when I couldn't find the settings soft button).