PDA

View Full Version : Strange Error?

DogStreet
Jan 14, 2015, 08:44 PM
So i just downloaded PSO2 everything installs fine. Its when it gets to the update part that is not fine..Once it starts updateing it says its going to take around 17 hours to update before i can actually play. Around the 4 hours mark when its at 18% it just stops and gives me an error. Once i get this error I have to update it all over again from 0% This has happend twice now. Curently im trying to update it again, its at 3% with 14 hours to go. I feel like ill get the same error again.

I have also looked up this problem and i cant find anyone else with this problem. Any solutions would make me like a happy school girl. Thanks you

Anduril
Jan 14, 2015, 08:46 PM
So i just downloaded PSO2 everything installs fine. Its when it gets to the update part that is not fine..Once it starts updateing it says its going to take around 17 hours to update before i can actually play. Around the 4 hours mark when its at 18% it just stops and gives me an error. Once i get this error I have to update it all over again from 0% This has happend twice now. Curently im trying to update it again, its at 3% with 14 hours to go. I feel like ill get the same error again.

I have also looked up this problem and i cant find anyone else with this problem. Any solutions would make me like a happy school girl. Thanks you
How are you updating: Tweaker or Official Launcher?

DogStreet
Jan 14, 2015, 09:18 PM
the offical launcher. I think..There are alot of places to download the launcher for this game so i lost track. I am using a vpn so it shouldnt kick me out since i was able to download the exe file from the website with no problems. I also downloaded the patch manualy but when i go to run it, it says "Phantasy Star Online 2" is not installed. So im a little bit lost here

Anduril
Jan 14, 2015, 09:22 PM
the offical launcher. I think..There are alot of places to download the launcher for this game so i lost track. I am using a vpn so it shouldnt kick me out since i was able to download the exe file from the website with no problems. I also downloaded the patch manualy but when i go to run it, it says "Phantasy Star Online 2" is not installed. So im a little bit lost here
Can you get a screenshot of the patching so I can know what exactly is happening? (I think you will have to upload it as an attachment in your post since you have a low post count/new account)

DogStreet
Jan 14, 2015, 09:51 PM
I have no idea how to take a screen shot with windows. Right now its at 0% with 26 hours left to go....

Anduril
Jan 14, 2015, 09:52 PM
I have no idea how to take a screen shot with windows. Right now its at 0% with 26 hours left to go....
Print Screen (PrtScn) button, then paste in Paint (or equivalent).

DogStreet
Jan 14, 2015, 10:02 PM
The error i am getting says "Failed to download the latest version. Wait a while and please try to connect again. WinHTTP Error: 12002. [No. 103]

Anduril
Jan 14, 2015, 10:04 PM
The error i am getting says "Failed to download the latest version. Wait a while and please try to connect again. WinHTTP Error: 12002. [No. 103]
Looks like you can't connect to the game servers. What's you ISP? Either way, try AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248). That should get you patching properly.

DogStreet
Jan 14, 2015, 10:14 PM
im on a mac i dont have a print screen button lol. I have my mac partition so one half of my HDD is mac and the other side of my HDD is for windows for playing various amounts of games lol. Anyway im going to try this now, and see how it goes. Ill let you know

wefwq
Jan 14, 2015, 11:04 PM
I think it just common connection error, and no -- you won't start all over again OP, it just show you 0% but in fact the launcher already keep all of the downloaded data.
You only have to try again (let it rerun data check and download) or try to use PSO2Tweaker.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 14, 2015, 11:44 PM
Yeah i had this same issue it would always disconnect me/ but i checked where i download it to and it seemed as if it was downloading all that time due to the size of the folder, when i thought i had to restart the download again, but eventually it all downloaded and i could install it.