PDA

View Full Version : Advice for new player

ParagonNova
Jan 16, 2015, 03:14 AM
I finally got my game to work and haven't played for well over a year. I was looking around at guides and felt overwhelmed. Does anyone have any advice in general for a new player and any guides that will help me start and get a general idea? Thank you.

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2015, 03:19 AM
character appearance > gameplay dun spend munny on gear D: :D

Hysteria1987
Jan 16, 2015, 03:47 AM
Righto, first thing I'd recommend to have a look at is this thread, this contains a bunch of builds for Ep3-

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527

It's worth noting that the skill trees in there can be a bit general in nature, but it's a good place to start looking. When you've nailed down what class you want to get back into, most of them (if not all) have a specific thread dedicated to them in the gameplay forum, people in there can help you take the general to the specific.

Here's some other general points. 'Scuse me if you know any of this already, I don't know what knowledge you have-

* Money makes the world go round. Whether you're going for fashion or gear, meseta's dead important. You can earn a lot of money from doing TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders, which refresh roughly every week iirc), XQCOs (Extreme Quest Client Orders, which refresh roughly every week too), DOs (Daily Orders, which refresh daily), and selling stuff in the player shops.

Uhh... guess that's the only point I have for now, haha. If you can think of any specific questions, I'd be happy to take a crack at it if I know the answer.

hoangsea
Jan 16, 2015, 06:13 AM
for a new players

just find a base weapon 1-6* with 40-60 atk from the visiphone and made it ex1+10
then keep up with EQs/COs/TACOs until at lv 60-70 then i'm sure you will got 10-11* stuffs for your class
grinding it to atleast +10 then have fun cap your lvl

Dephinix
Jan 16, 2015, 06:42 AM
Grinded a new character two days ago, 51/39, and no, don't even bother max grinding something you're not gonna use forever,
unless it's units. Units are too easy to grind to waltz into an EQ all willy nilly. Or maybe multiclass weapons. Potentials matter a
lot more than grinding from +7 to +10(besides 13 stars, or crap potentials). In any kind of rpg, you should decide what you want to do,
then ask for help on doing it.

wefwq
Jan 16, 2015, 06:52 AM
As new player (or low level character in general) you can just use whatever you find and try to grind/craft it to save some money and time.
When you about to hit XH (level 70 contents) consider to get a good gear.

Check swiki for weapon/units status and as well as drop information.

Vintasticvin
Jan 16, 2015, 01:13 PM
As new player (or low level character in general) you can just use whatever you find and try to grind/craft it to save some money and time.
When you about to hit XH (level 70 contents) consider to get a good gear.

Check swiki for weapon/units status and as well as drop information.
Best advice so far and most importantly Character appearance!