PDA

View Full Version : Shaw can connect

KiroMatic
Jan 16, 2015, 06:02 AM
I haven't really been keeping an eye on PSO2 recently so I don't know if this has been public knowledge for a while or something buuut...

I randomly tried to connect and I could.
Played for a few hours and was also able to connect to pso2.jp so it seems Shaw is back in action.
But like I said earlier for all I know everywhere could be back in action since I haven't been keeping tabs.

Lyrise
Jan 16, 2015, 10:06 AM
I use Shaw and I can confirm. However, gotta keep in mind that (that goes for all users on other ISPs) that you have to leave your DNS settings as default. I found that when I was using Shaw, but pointing to Google DNS, I wasn't able to connect to both game or website.

reaper527
Jan 16, 2015, 07:01 PM
I use Shaw and I can confirm. However, gotta keep in mind that (that goes for all users on other ISPs) that you have to leave your DNS settings as default. I found that when I was using Shaw, but pointing to Google DNS, I wasn't able to connect to both game or website.

the dns shouldn't impact your ability to access the game or website aside from the initial ability to get the right ip address if sega has incorrect entries.

the dns isn't going to effect your routing, so setting local definitions in your hosts file for the appropriate servers should allow you to continue using google dns while still being able to access the game.

GreenArcher
Jan 16, 2015, 09:46 PM
Optimum can connect.