PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question.

TheKin
Jan 16, 2015, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, newbie here, well semi newbie. I used to play for a while but didn't ever get to a very high level. I had just a quick question.

Basically, the thing I liked about PSO and what made it for me were the unique weapons such as the Heaven's Punisher, Lavis Cannon and things like that. The weapons that had special attacks that stood out other than just being another reskin with the same attacks.

So my question is this: Does PSO2 have weapons with unique attack / photon arts only they can use? A lot of patches have come out since I last played, which was shortly after it opened in Japan to the public. To me, I don't want it to be another phanatasy star universe to where the weapons are all the same just skinned differently with the same photon arts that are overpowered and everyone spams.

The combat, when I played, was fun and intuitive but the english translations hadn't been entirely done, even for the menu, so I quit playing due to struggling with that. Thanks in advance.

Dammy
Jan 16, 2015, 09:19 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

jooozek
Jan 16, 2015, 09:20 AM
no unique attack weapons, there are however weapons that reuse existing photon arts

wefwq
Jan 16, 2015, 10:36 AM
Some weapon got special effects (particle and sound effects), no more than a mere eyecandy purpose.

Recently they add few weapons that has "build-in" tech/PA that will allow you to use specific tech/PA without using that class.