PDA

View Full Version : This glitching Game

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 01:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/superdoughboy4/2015-01-17_00003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/superdoughboy4/2015-01-17_00004.jpg

I mean fucking seriously? I can't even finish the fucking Coastal exploration quest no thanks to this fucking stupid shit. TWICE.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 17, 2015, 01:49 AM
What sort of setup are you running PSO2 on (most of the graphics glitches i've ever seen posted were usually on abacus's or low end Radeon setups)? is your install OK? do a file check+^_^+

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 01:51 AM
That's what happens when I get to the boss stage. I'm checking my files right now.

Shirai
Jan 17, 2015, 02:13 AM
That's a pretty awesome map

Bilbo McBaggins
Jan 17, 2015, 02:56 AM
The same thing happened to a friend of mine because of his laptop. I did the Coastal quest with him and went first into the Boss area, and he was able to complete it.

Kiyumi
Jan 17, 2015, 03:02 AM
Havent you heard of the secret challenge mode? if you beat it like that you get rare drops.

wefwq
Jan 17, 2015, 03:11 AM
I also got some issue with coast boss room, whenever i enter that place my ping increased to 1000ms ~ 3000ms for some reason.

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2015, 03:35 AM
Blame sega for making the specs to play this game too high. lol

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 03:38 AM
My PC is more than capable what the fuck rofl. i7 4770k, 560gtx, 16gb ddr3 ram, really, my PC has such a harrddddddddd time playing PSO2... hue
My GPU is pretty old, but not old enough to take a shit when running not-graphic-intensive-at-all PSO2.
I checked my files and I beat the boss without the English patches. I've reapplied the patches but haven't been able to run Coast exploration again but I'll definitely check it.

Vatallus
Jan 17, 2015, 03:51 AM
I can run PSO2 pretty flawlessly on i5 3570 quad core, Geforce GTX 650 Ti, 8 gb ddr3 1866mz ram, blah blah blah lol. Someone else I know of had this problem but I don't think they ever said how to solve it, assuming they did. I think most people just said get a new GPU. >.>

In short if I tend to have a problem it usually stems from the english patch files (large and/or story) and not PSO2 itself, but those usually get fixed pretty quickly from my point of view.

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 04:03 AM
I can run PSO2 pretty flawlessly on i5 3570 quad core, Geforce GTX 650 Ti, 8 gb ddr3 1866mz ram, blah blah blah lol. Someone else I know of had this problem but I don't think they ever said how to solve it, assuming they did. I think most people just said get a new GPU. >.>

In short if I tend to have a problem it usually stems from the english patch files (large and/or story) and not PSO2 itself, but those usually get fixed pretty quickly from my point of view.

Yeah, suggesting to get a new GPU when the rest of the game runs perfectly is pretty fucking dumb on other people's part. lol.
Regardless of what I do, I still have stupid bugs occur in the game, such as the game basically locking up when talking to an NPC that doesn't have a client order menu.

blace
Jan 17, 2015, 04:17 AM
Why not try playing it without the patch installed?

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 04:23 AM
Why not try playing it without the patch installed?

I did already. It worked once I swapped the patches out with my backups.

Memo
Jan 17, 2015, 05:13 AM
Did you try playing without the story patch? (Old method) Because I use to have the same problem as you (old story patch method)

Cyber Meteor
Jan 17, 2015, 07:21 AM
Did you try playing without the story patch? (Old method) Because I use to have the same problem as you (old story patch method)

That's exactly that! This problem is caused when you use the "Old Method" to install story patch because the RAR file is obsolete/not updated. So either you use the new method or you don't play with Story Patch. This isn't really SEGA's fault, though in a way it is because they modify their files pretty frequently.

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah. The New Method never works. Every time it's downloading the files, it stops at not even halfway and tells me there was an error with the file, then goes on to the next.
I stopped even trying to use it because 100% of the time, it times out with each file.
My friend told me the way to fix the NPC bug is to search for old/deleted files and reinstall that patch, but of course, it never worked.

Cyber Meteor
Jan 17, 2015, 11:35 AM
Every time it's downloading the files, it stops at not even halfway and tells me there was an error with the file, then goes on to the next.

This thing is completely normal, i get 4-5 of them each time i download with the new method but it doesn't give any trouble while playing. This just means this file doesn't exists in the JP version anymore, it used to exist but SEGA removed it from the game (removed after the new method was implemented). But there is no impact or bug noticeable in the end. It should get to the last file normally, if it does then you're good.

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 11:48 AM
This thing is completely normal, i get 4-5 of them each time i download with the new method but it doesn't give any trouble while playing. This just means this file doesn't exists in the JP version anymore, it used to exist but SEGA removed it from the game (removed after the new method was implemented). But there is no impact or bug noticeable in the end. It should get to the last file normally, if it does then you're good.

Oh............ I thought it was downloading a split archive to extract and install.
Wow. Good to know. Thanks!

Maenara
Jan 17, 2015, 11:57 AM
Have a tiny snowman ☃

Terrence
Jan 17, 2015, 12:51 PM
First, this Superdoughboy4 don't give a damn about PSOW and its Community since he created a PSOW account just to make this topic because he needed help. It's out of interest, not to share anything with us. Second, he made a post with an insulting title then dropped a few pictures without any politeness. Why being polite when you can be an ass ? So, I'm really surprised he was helped. Nevermind. My friend Shynett had the same issue. I fixed it quickly (meaning I had the answer to your problem, Super). But I will never help arrogant ones like you. Have a nice day with this 'fucking game' you vomit on but obviously can't stop playing.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 17, 2015, 01:03 PM
First, this Superdoughboy4 don't give a damn about PSOW and its Community since he created a PSOW account just to make this topic because he needed help. It's out of interest, not to share anything with us. Second, he made a post with an insulting title then dropped a few pictures without any politeness. Why being polite when you can be an ass ? So, I'm really surprised he was helped. Nevermind. My friend Shynett had the same issue. I fixed it quickly (meaning I had the answer to your problem, Super). But I will never help arrogant ones like you. Have a nice day with this 'fucking game' you vomit on but obviously can't stop playing.
Because your post was soooooooooooooooo helpful and thoughtful. :roll: Telling people off doesn't make you a hero.

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 01:18 PM

Lol okay you're so cool.

HopelessHero
Jan 17, 2015, 01:27 PM
Lol okay you're so cool.

I've seen this Terrence guy on a bunch of threads, and his demeanor in them is pretty much identical to his demeanor here. So this leads me to believe he's either a thirsty troll or a "LEAVE SEGA ALONE!" kid.

superdoughboy4
Jan 17, 2015, 01:43 PM
I've seen this Terrence guy on a bunch of threads, and his demeanor in them is pretty much identical to his demeanor here. So this leads me to believe he's either a thirsty troll or a "LEAVE SEGA ALONE!" kid.

Lol well, whatever. He can do as he pleases. It doesn't bother me one bit.
I've received help, and am plenty grateful for it. My game works without any of the issues I had before, including what I posted originally. Thank fucking GOD!

Mattykins
Jan 17, 2015, 07:15 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/salt.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sayara
Jan 17, 2015, 09:24 PM
Since the issue was resolved.