PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys

gideon
Jan 17, 2015, 05:43 PM
Decided to check out PSO2 after nearly 15 years. When we started PSOW, PSO was our favorite game on Dreamcast (a very underated system). Here's to making some new memories and see how far the game has come.

See you guys in game!
Gideon

Dhylec
Jan 17, 2015, 08:36 PM
Heh, I guess it's never too late to start PSO2. Hope ya can get busy Tomee to join in (once a blue moon) too.

Syklo
Jan 17, 2015, 10:20 PM
See you guys in game!
Gideon

*sits in ship 8 lobby and waits*

helloo...????

aw.

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2015, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the party!

Shirai
Jan 18, 2015, 12:53 AM
15 years
...dang. Makes me feel super young,considering I was a mere child then.

Anywho, welcome aboard the PSO2 train!

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 18, 2015, 12:58 AM
I was 4 15 years ago. Funny thing, time is.

Chrysheight
Jan 18, 2015, 01:01 AM

Today I just realize I am 4 years older than Stealth. GG.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 18, 2015, 01:08 AM

And I just learned I'm 4 years younger than Saya.

This works both ways. 8-)

Syklo
Jan 18, 2015, 01:58 AM

And I just learned I'm 4 years younger than Saya.

This works both ways. 8-)

And I just learned that I might be the same age as stealth!

We must be family!??!

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2015, 02:18 AM
So Gideon is that other 'Founder' guy, right?

Wonder if he'll actually stick around, or if this post was like a one-off, "see you in another 7 years" deal.

Gryffin
Jan 18, 2015, 02:24 AM
Welcome~ What ship are ya on?

:]

Shirai
Jan 18, 2015, 02:54 AM
And I just learned that I might be the same age as stealth!

We must be family!??!
Did you say...family?
I learned I might be the same age as you two. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

Syklo
Jan 18, 2015, 03:03 AM
Did you say...family?
I am your long lost sibling left out on ship 8.

I have to be!

IT MUST BE!

Nitro Vordex
Jan 18, 2015, 03:12 AM
Jeez I was like 11 when this site started, and I didn't even learn of PSO until 2005-2006.

Y'all founders are old.

Neith
Jan 18, 2015, 08:05 AM
Welcome back Gideon, most english players play on Ship 2 if you're checking out PSO2.

I didn't join until 2003 (when I think Tomeeboy was already the PSOW 'lead'?) and it's kind of scary to think that I was only 18 when I joined in 2003 (you people think you're old? :wacko: ). Almost spent half my life with some kind of Phantasy Star game!

Christ, that's depressing :disapprove:

Hobu
Jan 18, 2015, 08:26 AM
I was already a young man 15 years ago. Well, not so much.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 18, 2015, 09:43 AM
damn!!! we old!!!! I signed up late 01. My old account got IP banned for a few years. My clan the infamous gamers used to terrorize this site and all pso legits. I play games now and see all the kids trolling and hacking now at days. Now I can see how annoying it is lol. Made me feel like going back in time to change what we did.

I feel like I shouldn't even be posting on here anymore. Look at all the little kids posting lol. They the same age we were when this site was first launched. I see you Dhylec!!!!, you still got that same damn avi smh!!!!! CHANGE IT!!!!! I really wish they would just hurry up and come out with another game like PSU on consoles. Before I get married and have kids and crap.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 18, 2015, 10:13 AM
Did you say...family?

We must do something together now! FAMILY!

GHNeko
Jan 18, 2015, 10:31 AM
oh shit its gideon

sup gideon

gideon
Jan 18, 2015, 10:45 AM
Hi guys :)

I don't know how long I'll be back, as my tastes are fickle and my time limited these days. Plus it's hard to resist the siren call of WoW. I'll def jump on ship 2 later today.

Yea I'm the other founder guy haha :). Story goes I wrote the original website both out of love for PSO and a desire to create a dynamic community site (php nuke and some crappy bb software at the time). The site started gaining some popularity and we ended up moving over to gamespy hosting. Funny thing is, they were a demanding bunch. They insisted/demanded I recode much of the site or they would take it offline due to its high processor usage. This was while my dad was in the hospital. Not thinking he was bad, I went ahead and spent a couple nights optimizing the php calls the site made. He ended up dying a day or two later. So, I had a bit of a bad taste in my mouth both for gamespy's demands and for my priority system at the time. I left for the military a little while later and haven't really given the site much thought since. Credit goes to Tom and the mods he's brought in for all the redesigns, keeping it up, running and growing all these years. It definitely would have been a broken, ugly, empty mess without him. He's also the one who organized interviews, built relationships with Sega, gave the community his time, energy, money and basically all the stuff that actually made he site great, haha :). I just took screenshots of weapons.

Anyway that's a short and dirty history for the genesis of the site. (As a side note, before it went live, the site was originally called PSO Comminity Center and Tom had no interest in it. When I finally convinced him to join it, the first the he did was mock the name and recommend PSO World instead)

Mark

FacelessRed
Jan 18, 2015, 04:20 PM
Welcome back. I honestly thought I joined PSOW a lot further back than I thought, but I have always been more of a lurker.

I personally started playing phantasy star when EP 1&2 was out on the gamecube. My friend who plays with me on ship 1 has played it since it was just Phantasy Star RPG. It's very different but the spirit of the game remains the same.

I'm someone who actually much prefers the regular rappy's over those mutant bobblehead rappy's.

Poyonche
Jan 18, 2015, 04:29 PM
Rag Rappy forevah

Noblewine
Jan 18, 2015, 07:53 PM
Wow this site has a lot of history. I joined when PSU network mode was still around for the ps2/pc hub. =0