PDA

View Full Version : My fellow non japanese people! FORGET PSO 2!!!

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 18, 2015, 09:15 AM
Because if I'm right, we just might be getting a new pso/psu game. Back in the day japan used to release games like this. 1st in japan and then months later in america/everywhere else. As gaming became more popular games started being released everywhere outside of japan even earlier. But sometimes they would release a game in a game series just in japan for some strange reason. Sometimes they would do that, then turn around and bring it out later in america. But it would be another version of the game or an upgraded version with a name/number change. But in some rare cases they would just make a whole new game. Never releasing the one that came out in japan worldwide. They would release it in america/worldwide first, then a few months later in japan.

I hope that is what's going on now. So I hope pso 2 never leaves japan. Lets be real here, a lot of us old school pso fans(sega dreamcast 1999) were underwhelmed. We felt this game should have came out after blue burst and not after PSU/PSU AOTI. PSO 2 is like a step back, we wanted a better "PSU" game that stuck a bit more to the basics(but really really upgraded). There's one other thing you have to factor in as well. Sega has a pattern when it comes to these games. console, P.C, and then back to console. This game has been out for over a year now. It's the consoles turn now. It didn't take very long for the announcement of PSU after blue burst. Maybe this will happen again. Maybe this is why sega is being so silent.....?

PSO 2 is cool but after PSU showed us just how far this game could go. Why would we want another Old school/limited PSO game at this point? I want a new game, a better PSU with actual good support.

Your thoughts?

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jan 18, 2015, 09:20 AM
Your thoughts?

I think this has the potential to be a wonderful thread.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 18, 2015, 09:21 AM
*grabs popcorn*

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2015, 09:23 AM
andherewego.gif

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 18, 2015, 09:26 AM
You guys have nothing to say? Has this been posted already? Because I stopped coming here a lot ever since american psu servers were shut down.

K.O. Kazjivo
Jan 18, 2015, 09:28 AM
>> This is the only game that I can play properly with my internet.
>> As a non pso/psu player (I came from psp2) I find this game pretty enjoyable.

Walkure
Jan 18, 2015, 09:35 AM
You guys have nothing to say? Has this been posted already? Because I stopped coming here a lot ever since american psu servers were shut down.This has basically been thrown around as a recurring topic every now and then, and it always leads to a trainwreck of a thread.

The one thing potentially saving this thread is the meta-commentary making everyone sheepish about starting up this argument again, but it hasn't always stopped our Bravest and Best™.

Ordy
Jan 18, 2015, 09:42 AM
You guys have nothing to say? Has this been posted already? Because I stopped coming here a lot ever since american psu servers were shut down.

Your topic has been discussed countless number of time, it always ended with flame wars, some kind of japanese xenophobia bullshit and 10 years old reaction gifs.

Dycize
Jan 18, 2015, 10:40 AM
And the consooles got their turn anyway, it's called Phantasy Star Nova on PSVita.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2015, 10:53 AM
I GOT THIS GUYS

PSU was bad and so is this topic.

Also, Nova is the bestest Phantasy Star Online.

Z-0
Jan 18, 2015, 10:55 AM
Hmm, I'd argue PSP2 is probably still better, but Nova is still very solid and worthy of being a good PS title.

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2015, 10:56 AM
I don't think anything SEGA could cook up even now has the ability of beating PSP2i as the champion of handheld Phantasy Star games, really.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2015, 11:01 AM
I was being somewhat sarcastic but yeah 2i is overall a better game.

If Nova had more varied and interesting quests it'd easily top 2i for me though.

isCasted
Jan 18, 2015, 11:29 AM
Troo feckts I learned from this post:

1) People hate dealing with Japanese language. Registering Japanese SEGA ID is impossible. English patches for the game do not exist.

2) (therefore) People on here just talk about how SEGA is mean and totally don't have fun with friends while playing.

3) PSO2 is a direct sequel to PSO, having no improvements/changes over the formula. PSO2 would be so much better if it had PAs and classes were not bound to race and gender!

4) PSU was a great improvement over PSO, removing all terrible and unneeded things, such as unique weapons, feeling of adventure, threedimensional physics, adaptive soundtrack and ability to cast techniques without a tech weapon. Don't kill me, I know a lot of good things about PSU

5) (therefore) PSO2 is a step back from such amazing game that is PSU which, holy shit, allowed to assign a whole whooping 1 PA to a weapon, and every idiot can block without relying on EVA. Again... look spoiler in 4)

6) (therefore) PSO2 is a waste of money for SEGA and it totally doesn't make any good profits from AC Scratch and such.

7) A new worldwide PS game was hinted recently, and SEGA claimed that they were wrong about supporting PSO2 for 10 years.

So, yeah... My brain exploded.

Alukard
Jan 18, 2015, 11:58 AM
Damn, adaptive soundtrack? PSU must have been the best game in the world.

Terrence
Jan 18, 2015, 12:07 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You came on a PSO2 Forum to say PSO2 should be forgoetten because you saw in your crystal ball a new PSO/PSU game was coming ?

1- You know nothing...
2- Let us do what we want.
3- Well... In fact... Just get out.

ArataWata
Jan 18, 2015, 01:37 PM
oh lawdy.

wefwq
Jan 18, 2015, 01:42 PM
I dunno, since like 2012 i been playing lots of Japanese-only title and never really bothered with the fact those game will never get english release.
Even if new PS game get released doesn't remotely mean PSO2 will instantly become obsolete.

ignika98
Jan 18, 2015, 01:43 PM
You sound like one of those crazy preachers that stand in the middle of the street shouting "THE END IF NIGH!" top lel.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 18, 2015, 01:46 PM
i agree, they should forget pso2

i wont go any further

Hobu
Jan 18, 2015, 01:46 PM
It is okay. PSO2 is doomed to fail outside JP anyway.

mctastee
Jan 18, 2015, 01:56 PM
You sound like one of those crazy preachers that stand in the middle of the street shouting "THE END IF NIGH!" top lel.
That's pretty much what this is. I have a hard time believing that Sega will ever release a PS title outside of Japan again. It's kinda sad, really.

Shinamori
Jan 18, 2015, 02:08 PM
I dunno, since like 2012 i been playing lots of Japanese-only title and never really bothered with the fact those game will never get english release.
Even if new PS game get released doesn't remotely mean PSO2 will instantly become obsolete.

The SEA version will. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nitro Vordex
Jan 18, 2015, 02:16 PM
Your thoughts?
You're not my dad.

pso2love
Jan 18, 2015, 02:21 PM
It is okay. PSO2 is doomed to fail outside JP anyway.

*insert "Can't tell if serious, or if seriously joking" meme here*

strikerhunter
Jan 18, 2015, 02:28 PM
Your thoughts?

Don't care, don't matter. If like I like the game then I like the game, couldn't care less about comparison, etc. between games in a franchise.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 18, 2015, 03:38 PM
PSO2 is almost 3 years old now and still going strong. Sounds like you're late to the party. I'm also a old school Dreamcast pso fan, but IMO PSU was actually the "terrible" pso. PSO2 is much better than PSU.

Gryffin
Jan 18, 2015, 03:43 PM
PSU had its ups and downs, but given Sega's track record with maintenance and updates of PS-series games OUTSIDE of Japan, which goes hand in hand with making promises we never see fulfilled like on PSO2 launch when western localization was announced.... I think its intelligent to stick with PSO2.

PSU was hella fun, but for me, the biggest kicker as to why I keep playing PSO2-JP is because it doesn't feel like abandonware like every western localized PS-game ends up feeling like. First it falls behind, then it gets forgotten, then it gets put down too soon (or not soon enough?)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 18, 2015, 07:38 PM
Personally I enjoy PSO2. Then again I enjoyed PSU and most PSO fans I speak to loath both PSU and PSO2. Maybe people fear change? Who knows. All I know is I spent thousands of hours on DC and GC PSO before going on PSOBB private servers. I spent 3k hours on PSU before the servers shut down. I've not found as much passion for PSO2 as I wasted a lot on AC. In a similar fashion I ruined JP PSU with GC purchases wasting thousands of pounds on such nonsense.

So yes, I'd prefer a game where there was no subscription but also no micro transactions. I broke several private server accounts of PSOBB due to donating to get anything I wanted. I guess with most modern games getting easier and easier I got lazy and just poured money into getting whatever I wanted - subsequently breaking the game.

The most fun I had was on EU PC PSU because I worked so damn hard to earn what I found and it was such a fulfilling experience. unfortunately, when the servers shut down i also realised what a waste MMO's were and never have I managed to re-kindle my love for MMO's or the PS series.

Tifa

Noblewine
Jan 18, 2015, 08:56 PM
I GOT THIS GUYS

PSU was bad and so is this topic.

Also, Nova is the bestest Phantasy Star Online.

Nova being a good game is questionable.....

Whatever the OP was on I think he needs a nap.

Kiyumi
Jan 18, 2015, 10:43 PM
Your thoughts?

My thought is that your name is stupid. And anyone who puts "gamer" in their name, especially with alternating caps like InFaMoUs is automatically a scrub. At everything.

Jungo Torii
Jan 18, 2015, 10:49 PM
But I already did a while ago! After playing it for many months!

orz

Noc Codez
Jan 18, 2015, 10:52 PM
And here we go ....

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 18, 2015, 11:58 PM
This thread is so great. Please keep it up guys. Also 11,000 hrs on PSU here and that game NEEDS to stay dead ;3.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 19, 2015, 12:09 AM
This thread is so great. Please keep it up guys. Also 11,000 hrs on PSU here and that game NEEDS to stay dead ;3.

11,000?! Holy shit. Most I've ever spent on a single game is 1450 hours.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 19, 2015, 12:20 AM
11,000?! Holy shit. Most I've ever spent on a single game is 1450 hours.

A span of 5 years of playing on and off as well as afking so it adds up. I'm at a pretty big number for a few other games as well(including PSO2).

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 19, 2015, 08:29 AM
Wow!, I see what some of you were talking about now. Kids now at days are like know it alls so it makes sense. This site used to be full of life with only a few smart asses/trolls. Now it's the opposite. It is what it is, gotta deal with it.

PSU had its ups and downs, but given Sega's track record with maintenance and updates of PS-series games OUTSIDE of Japan, which goes hand in hand with making promises we never see fulfilled like on PSO2 launch when western localization was announced.... I think its intelligent to stick with PSO2.

PSU was hella fun, but for me, the biggest kicker as to why I keep playing PSO2-JP is because it doesn't feel like abandonware like every western localized PS-game ends up feeling like. First it falls behind, then it gets forgotten, then it gets put down too soon (or not soon enough?)
Game cube didn't get abandoned. To me that was the best one. It was like the pinnacle of the series. It's crazy how popular the game is worldwide now and they pull this. But back then it was nowhere near as popular as it is now. After blue burst, something went down that made them not really care anymore.

Personally I enjoy PSO2. Then again I enjoyed PSU and most PSO fans I speak to loath both PSU and PSO2. Maybe people fear change? Who knows. All I know is I spent thousands of hours on DC and GC PSO before going on PSOBB private servers. I spent 3k hours on PSU before the servers shut down. I've not found as much passion for PSO2 as I wasted a lot on AC. In a similar fashion I ruined JP PSU with GC purchases wasting thousands of pounds on such nonsense.

So yes, I'd prefer a game where there was no subscription but also no micro transactions. I broke several private server accounts of PSOBB due to donating to get anything I wanted. I guess with most modern games getting easier and easier I got lazy and just poured money into getting whatever I wanted - subsequently breaking the game.

The most fun I had was on EU PC PSU because I worked so damn hard to earn what I found and it was such a fulfilling experience. unfortunately, when the servers shut down i also realised what a waste MMO's were and never have I managed to re-kindle my love for MMO's or the PS series.

Tifa
Yeah, after playing a bunch of games like pso. Games like that do start to get a little stale. It's like we've been there and done that. It's like we're waiting for something to blow us away like the originals did.

It's funny to me how some people seem like they are just so happy with this game. I bet if sega does do what I think they are gonna do. All of them will be waiting for it and forget about pso2 worldwide release.

isCasted
Jan 19, 2015, 09:00 AM
smart asses/trolls

Look who's talking, huh... You came in here to state a bunch of absolutely false facts and express a spherical wrong opinion in vacuum based on those. You didn't follow game's news, you didn't actually play the game, you didn't read upon it, you didn't even see any videos about it, didn't even read through this place. If you actually did any of that, you wouldn't even create this thread and your life would be so much better.

It's funny to me how some people seem like they are just so happy with this game. I bet if sega does do what I think they are gonna do. All of them will be waiting for it and forget about pso2 worldwide release.

Wrong forum, dude. As it was said before, most people from around here play PSO2 and have fun with it, and don't even care about Western release, because it's not going to be any better than (or even remotely as good as) JP version. If you want to convince someone to shut up about Western PSO2, go and say your stuff at SEGA Forums.

Sacrificial
Jan 19, 2015, 09:31 AM
Wow!, I see what some of you were talking about now. Kids now at days are like know it alls so it makes sense. This site used to be full of life with only a few smart asses/trolls. Now it's the opposite. It is what it is, gotta deal with it.

Wow you asked the thoughts of people here and they gave it and now they are kids and trolls because they don't agree with your opinion. That's low.

Now my answer:

1)No. You are asking me to leave a jp game because it is in jp. You talk like just because it doesnt come to the US it's a bad game. I really wonder if you have even played it. At this point most pso2jp players will keep playing the jp server even if it gets released in the US/EU. Because you know,it will be likely 3 YEARS behind of content.

2) I'm fine with a whole new ps(o) game that start with a US localisation even though I'm from the EU. EU, the place that's always saved as last and has the lowest player base AND the one that gets shut down first!

HopelessHero
Jan 19, 2015, 09:36 AM
2) I'm fine with a whole new ps(o) game

Phantasy Star Doughnut.

... I'm not sorry.

Lashette
Jan 19, 2015, 10:00 AM
ok ok I think your comment about PSO2 being oldschool and limited are a bit far fetched. I am a fan of classic PSO. But I am also a fan of PSO2. The game is fun, though granted some of the Emergency Quests have gotten a bit dull. Game play is much more evolved that PSO was. (Blocking, Dodging, Jumping, Using Photon Arts, Using special class skills. etc) Graphics and character creation are far superior than classic PSO, and not limited. As a classic PSO player I don't feel underwhelmed at all.
Also, where did you get this supposed pattern that Sega goes console, PC, Console. cause if I remember right it was PSO V1 - Console, PSO V2 - Console, PSO EP 1&2 - Console, PSO EP 3 - Console, PSO BB - PC. (also there is a PC version of V2, but it was only released in Japan) PSU and AotI - Console/PC, PSP series of games - all handheld console, and now PSO2 - PC/Handheld Console, PS Nova - Handheld Console. I don't know about you, but I see no such pattern that you stated.

Chrysheight
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM
It's just someone from IG. I take no credit in what this person says. Also, kudos on the asking for opinions then calling people smart asses and trolls. I'll take being a smart ass. Better than being a dumb ass any day of the week.

Now, my honest thought? PSO2 will stick around. People like you are in a minority who are butthurt because Sega doesn't give two shits about yours or anyone else's opinion. (If they did, mind you, we would have NA release plus good content. It'd also be named Phantasy Star Online 2 instead of Waifu simulator. Don't say it's not. Too many people here are guilty of that. Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's what this game is. Make Meseta, buy clothing/accessories/voices/dances.)

Since you obviously don't play on the JP server because you appear to be xenophobic, I would suggest you quit while you're ahead but you already created this topic.

TL;DR - Smart ass > Dumb ass, PSO2JP is staying around, so are the people who play it. Get over it.

saraishadow
Jan 19, 2015, 06:09 PM
Methinks OP is the REAL Troll.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 19, 2015, 06:44 PM
Well this guy was a loser in PSU so no surprise he hasn't changed one bit.

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2015, 08:37 PM
If I ever played pso2:

1) I'll make sure my expectations will not be as high when I played PSU for the first time. One saying comes to mind: "What you see is what you get."
2) Not expect too much from sega when it comes to dealing with any in-game situations or promises updates
3) Learn to know when I'm being scammed and avoid issue like that.
4) Enjoy the game and create an endgame that will keep me playing.
5) Learn to ignore in-game drama or disappointment from SEGA in general.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 20, 2015, 02:20 AM
Your topic has been discussed countless number of time, it always ended with flame wars, some kind of japanese xenophobia bullshit and 10 years old reaction gifs.
LOL you were right. I just looked up xenophobia and I was very confused after reading some of the spam post in here. How am I afraid of japanese culture/people? I have absolutely no idea how somebody could get this from my post. Somebody in here claimed I was trying to get people away from the japanese version. Like, what the hell......?

Anyway, so others suspected that there were just going to release a whole new game instead of releasing pso2 outside of japan? If so, point me in the right direction please.

ok ok I think your comment about PSO2 being oldschool and limited are a bit far fetched. I am a fan of classic PSO. But I am also a fan of PSO2. The game is fun, though granted some of the Emergency Quests have gotten a bit dull. Game play is much more evolved that PSO was. (Blocking, Dodging, Jumping, Using Photon Arts, Using special class skills. etc) Graphics and character creation are far superior than classic PSO, and not limited. As a classic PSO player I don't feel underwhelmed at all.
Also, where did you get this supposed pattern that Sega goes console, PC, Console. cause if I remember right it was PSO V1 - Console, PSO V2 - Console, PSO EP 1&2 - Console, PSO EP 3 - Console, PSO BB - PC. (also there is a PC version of V2, but it was only released in Japan) PSU and AotI - Console/PC, PSP series of games - all handheld console, and now PSO2 - PC/Handheld Console, PS Nova - Handheld Console. I don't know about you, but I see no such pattern that you stated.
The handhelds don't count because those were obviously just money grabbers after PSU/PSU aoti success. I thought everybody kinda saw a pattern after they announced pso2 was gonna be on P.C. It made everybody look back at when they just released blue burst for P.C. Then to the consoles, and now back to the P.C. There were some threads on here some time ago about the pattern.

PSO2 would have been great right after game cube pso. They should have dropped it instead of blue burst. I never said the game sucked like some people in here thought I did. It's pretty cool but like I said before, the timing is just off. After showing us a beefed up version(psu) and the many possibilities. It made pso2 seem like they just created it for fan service. Instead of moving forward, if that makes any sense.

My little brother plays and I sampled the game months ago for a few hours before I quit. I only played for that long because I was waiting for that nostalgic feeling to kick in. It never did so I lost interest. Game really didn't offer much of a new feeling like psu did. Maybe that's my issue, I was looking for something a bit new and not a throwback.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 20, 2015, 02:24 AM
Somebody in here claimed I was trying to get people away from the japanese version. Like, what the hell......?

The title says it all.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 20, 2015, 02:33 AM
Anyway, so others suspected that there were just going to release a whole new game instead of releasing pso2 outside of japan? If so, point me in the right direction please.

From reading your first post looks like you are the one who suspect that, there is no way SOJ would release a game outside of japan, on a side note I don't believe SOA would have rights to create another PSO/PSU since it is SOJ who have created them in the past. They would need the rights from SOJ, plus since PSO2 isn't outside of Japan yet ( except SEAs version ) i don't see SOA making one in the near or distant future. Sorry i'm sure many people would agree with me at this point.

I really don't understand your post, you really should let this thread die. It's basically telling us to quit PSO2 now because its a waste of time. :/ slightly offending tbh

Anduril
Jan 20, 2015, 02:37 AM
It seems the major issue that is happening here is that your initial post gives very little detail about why you feel that PSO2 is a step back versus PSU.
Also, your theory about the release cycle is tenuous at best considering that it ignores the fact that PSU was also released on PC along with the consoles, and the JP PC version outlasted the console release. Also consider, in Japan PSOBB was still running alongside PSU for a while, but had been shutdown in other regions sooner. From a business standpoint, I imagine SEGA views the failure of PSU as a major reason they have cut support of releasing a Phantasy Star title outside of Japan. Also, to be honest, the only real thing that PSU had that PSO and PSO2 doesn't was the planet based lobby areas, and I'm pretty sure that they made that obsolete at one point in the JP PC version.

strikerhunter
Jan 20, 2015, 02:59 AM
Somebody in here claimed I was trying to get people away from the japanese version. Like, what the hell......?

Because Thread Title says "Forget PSO2". So that may had been on your part.

The handhelds don't count because those were obviously just money grabbers after PSU/PSU aoti success.

"Money Grabbers"

Is that your only excuse for the handhelds? because I can say that for just about every single game ever existed.

isCasted
Jan 20, 2015, 04:00 AM
I have absolutely no idea how somebody could get this from my post. Somebody in here claimed I was trying to get people away from the japanese version. Like, what the hell......?

Other people said it, but I'll repeat, just in case: it's right in the title.

The handhelds don't count because those were obviously just money grabbers after PSU/PSU aoti success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck

Also, PSPo2i and PSNova are considered the most high-quality installments of 3D branch of the series by a lot of people for a reason.

PSO2 would have been great right after game cube pso. They should have dropped it instead of blue burst. I never said the game sucked like some people in here thought I did. It's pretty cool but like I said before, the timing is just off. After showing us a beefed up version(psu) and the many possibilities. It made pso2 seem like they just created it for fan service. Instead of moving forward, if that makes any sense.

Again, you are sticking to your "PSO2 is PSO" argument, ignoring the fact that mechanically PSO2 picks up where PSPo2 (which is a game from Universe series), and only takes inspiration from original PSO sometimes. Sakai himself stated in one of interviews, that PSO2, despite the name, is not a sequel to PSO, and those expecting it would be disappointed.

My little brother plays and I sampled the game months ago for a few hours before I quit. I only played for that long because I was waiting for that nostalgic feeling to kick in. It never did so I lost interest. Game really didn't offer much of a new feeling like psu did. Maybe that's my issue, I was looking for something a bit new and not a throwback.

Hm, let's see... You wanted some new feeling, but expected game to deliver old feelings. Game didn't give you those "old" feelings, and now you claim that it sucks, because it's not "new"... You aren't just contradicting yourself, you are fucking with your own brain. You should really pay a visit to a doctor if you keep using logic like that.

Ordy
Jan 20, 2015, 07:09 AM
Someone should close this thread.

Lax
Jan 20, 2015, 07:09 AM
Because if I'm right, we just might be getting a new pso/psu game. Back in the day japan used to release games like this. 1st in japan and then months later in america/everywhere else. As gaming became more popular games started being released everywhere outside of japan even earlier. But sometimes they would release a game in a game series just in japan for some strange reason. Sometimes they would do that, then turn around and bring it out later in america. But it would be another version of the game or an upgraded version with a name/number change. But in some rare cases they would just make a whole new game. Never releasing the one that came out in japan worldwide. They would release it in america/worldwide first, then a few months later in japan.

I hope that is what's going on now. So I hope pso 2 never leaves japan. Lets be real here, a lot of us old school pso fans(sega dreamcast 1999) were underwhelmed. We felt this game should have came out after blue burst and not after PSU/PSU AOTI. PSO 2 is like a step back, we wanted a better "PSU" game that stuck a bit more to the basics(but really really upgraded). There's one other thing you have to factor in as well. Sega has a pattern when it comes to these games. console, P.C, and then back to console. This game has been out for over a year now. It's the consoles turn now. It didn't take very long for the announcement of PSU after blue burst. Maybe this will happen again. Maybe this is why sega is being so silent.....?

PSO 2 is cool but after PSU showed us just how far this game could go. Why would we want another Old school/limited PSO game at this point? I want a new game, a better PSU with actual good support.

Your thoughts?

Guys i think we should listen to OP, he is onto something.

The stars have bestowed a vision onto this 'special' person, a vision of a new Phantasy Star game, that is so advanced, not even the devs know about it yet.

Rejoice people!

Chrysheight
Jan 20, 2015, 11:36 AM
Guys i think we should listen to OP, he is onto something.

The stars have bestowed a vision onto this 'special' person, a vision of a new Phantasy Star game, that is so advanced, not even the devs know about it yet.

Rejoice people!

Can I alt+f4? I want to leave this game. Everyone is just feeding the opposition.

Oh, not LoL. But no, don't feed the troll. Also, this thread belongs in FKL. Lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 20, 2015, 02:03 PM
Phantasy Star Doughnut.

... I'm not sorry.
You will be when it's just donuts in high heels and bikinis.

HopelessHero
Jan 20, 2015, 02:37 PM
You will be when it's just donuts in high heels and bikinis.

Hey, my fetishes are my business, pal. Besides, in that context I'd give a whole new meaning to...

[puts on sunglasses]

... Playing with my food.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

the only real thing that PSU had that PSO and PSO2 doesn't was the planet based lobby areas

Good point, but... Damn, they were cool. Imagine if they still had them in PSO2. I'm not quite as diehard to the PS series as the rest of the forum populace, because I only played X360 PSU and PSO2, but... I was actually kinda disappointed to find they didn't have planet-based lobby areas. I just really liked 'em.

Though admittedly it made it annoying to get to some quests like White Beast, because you had to clear the preceding mission, get to the lobby itself and then start the mission.

The Walrus
Jan 20, 2015, 02:47 PM
All it did was spread out the playerbase, which was pretty fuckin stupid

Nitro Vordex
Jan 20, 2015, 04:55 PM
Hey, my fetishes are my business, pal. Besides, in that context I'd give a whole new meaning to...

[puts on sunglasses]

... Playing with my food.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

http://i.minus.com/iFXUCAAl7JD2k.gif

pso2love
Jan 20, 2015, 05:26 PM
Hm, let's see... You wanted some new feeling, but expected game to deliver old feelings. Game didn't give you those "old" feelings, and now you claim that it sucks, because it's not "new"... You aren't just contradicting yourself, you are fucking with your own brain. You should really pay a visit to a doctor if you keep using logic like that.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/98283720-young-man-eating-popcorn-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=wyvdTkZlLbO7Pi3rFbwEKb5p6GY6%2FpOP3T3g0R9oDs4%3D

Oh wow... this is too good... go on!...

HopelessHero
Jan 20, 2015, 07:20 PM
http://i.minus.com/iFXUCAAl7JD2k.gif

http://s1.postimg.org/z82zieu8f/d_CUv89a_L1.gif

King_Rappy
Jan 21, 2015, 04:15 AM
Ok, be honest. How old are you?

HopelessHero
Jan 21, 2015, 08:43 PM

Uh... To whom was that directed?

King_Rappy
Jan 22, 2015, 07:20 AM
Uh... To whom was that directed?

The OP.

FireswordRus
Jan 23, 2015, 01:45 PM

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/5E9l6.gif[/spoiler-box]

MechaTronX
Jan 24, 2015, 01:31 PM
Really , i mean Really???? After all the private servers that was created after the shutdown of Phantasy Star Online you are going to say that the only reason that Sega has not released Phantasy Star Online 2 over here is because they have a better title in store for us Westerners? I mean when you look at all the people who still play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst years after sega shut it down , you think that the reason it is not state side is because they do not see a possible way to make money by releasing a Western release? I am not a buissness man and i see that they can not deny that there is a fan base over here that is sufficient enough to release it here in the states. I think that they are just being douche bags and that is it nothing more and nothing less.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 7, 2015, 09:09 PM
Really , i mean Really???? After all the private servers that was created after the shutdown of Phantasy Star Online you are going to say that the only reason that Sega has not released Phantasy Star Online 2 over here is because they have a better title in store for us Westerners? I mean when you look at all the people who still play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst years after sega shut it down , you think that the reason it is not state side is because they do not see a possible way to make money by releasing a Western release? I am not a buissness man and i see that they can not deny that there is a fan base over here that is sufficient enough to release it here in the states. I think that they are just being douche bags and that is it nothing more and nothing less.

PSU after 6 years only had around 300,000 people that have ever signed up for the game and the PSP2 sales where in around the 90,000 player base since its been out. Do you really think the fan base is really that large in this series as far as the west goes?

LoN_Lina
Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 PM
Ok I've only played PS titles since they went online with PSO and since I don't have tons of money for tons of consoles (This includes the portable consoles. Yes they are consoles not unique devices) I have focused mainly on PC or DC play. PSO2 brought back a lot of the components PSU lost. Like character model changing and team play. We're missing some of the things it lost like PVP and an American release. Sega is still keeping that localized release crap that they picked up on junky console days. Really I'd like to see Sega move forward with the PSO franchise combining the 2 good parts of PSU with the great parts of PSO and splashing a full roam planet. Also part of the reason for PSO2's format is you white beasters didn't like to travel so it's one lobby. In a way i miss the PA leveling as I'm not that good at finding PA disk at higher level. But considering how much Sega nerfed Techers and the nasty useless beast race I'm glad not to watch 4 cast Fimaster Jabroken festivals at white beast ever again. By the way GTFoWB

Angelo
Feb 8, 2015, 12:26 AM
I don't understand what the big difference even is.

PSU just had an extra race and a lobby system that was ultimately just roadblocks.

PSO2 took a ton of cues from PSU in terms of combat, like Just Attacking/Blocking, the replenishing PP system (in later installments).

The way the story integrated isn't radically different between the two.

PSO2 is both a sequel to PSO and PSU in many respects. I played all four 'episodes' of PSO, and I played PSU from Vanilla to PsPortable. Each time I saw progressive improvement that eventually lead to PSO2, which, with regular updates to the actual client, is even still improving itself.

OP, have you even played PSO2 yet?